Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

Or it's the "boss" confirming that poo poo which is it's own level of pathetic.

:siren: Folks we have a winner :peanut:

e:

Cthulu Carl posted:

We had a team meeting once where a dude went to take a piss and didn't mute his mic.

He had the decency to sing while pissing to mask the noise.

Must... resist.. posting the........ obvious... clip :tizzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR-irUd494
:(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Porkness posted:

We need to make sure you weren't just in there on your phone.

And so, HR policy from Monday is to require all employees to take a photo of the... results of their bathroom breaks and forward them to the appropriate inbox for confirmation.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekdC9iDpcsk

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Atopian posted:

And so, HR policy from Monday is to require all employees to take a photo of the... results of their bathroom breaks and forward them to the appropriate inbox for confirmation.

Ahhh workin' in ye olde Poop Mines I see.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm 2 weeks out from my previous (academic) job, 1.5 at my new job, and have gotten 4 emails and counting from my previous coworkers asking me stuff that I very clearly either explained, or told them where I saved that information :allears:

Meanwhile my new job is basically cGMP compliant and I loving. love. it.

Why yes, I do want to document the exact pipette ID I used for every dilution, give me ALL THE PAPERWORK AND COMPLIANCE FORMS. GIVE IT TO ME. PLEASE SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER

cGMP + controlled substances is :discourse: if you live to spend 10 out of 12 hours of a shift wondering if this much one-shot or you're at least written up hand-filled paperwork is worth the money you're being paid, with the added bonus of a bunch of federal drug cops breathing down your neck the entire time.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

Lunch today is CANCELLED for everyone. Get back to work

Whatever, nerd! I got mine!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I asked if the company had a pressure washer because I wanted to do a deep clean in some areas that weren't accessible to the deck brish and too set in for the regular hose so my boss ordered me pressure washer. Pretty decent one too! I was expecting something a bit cheaper. The kitchen staff had fun testing it out.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 26, 2022

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My company wants to 'drive more engagement with the intranet' so now everyone's default homepage is the company main internet page. No you can't change it and no there's still nothing useful on the intranet. So all the folk with favourites on their new tabs that were part of their workflow? Tough poo poo.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Aramoro posted:

My company wants to 'drive more engagement with the intranet' so now everyone's default homepage is the company main internet page. No you can't change it and no there's still nothing useful on the intranet. So all the folk with favourites on their new tabs that were part of their workflow? Tough poo poo.

The only way to actually do that afaik is to make using your intranet site not suck. I've never seen an example of a working, good intranet, and they (intranets) are all either all the information all the time for 10k+ people in which it's impossible to find anything or an empty husk with nothing of use.

The eternal rule of intranets always being a sharepoint thing doesn't help either. Try using the search field and see if something useful comes out (it wont)

edit: Time to write an engagement bot that access the sites much, much more.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

champagne posting posted:

The only way to actually do that afaik is to make using your intranet site not suck. I've never seen an example of a working, good intranet, and they (intranets) are all either all the information all the time for 10k+ people in which it's impossible to find anything or an empty husk with nothing of use.

The eternal rule of intranets always being a sharepoint thing doesn't help either. Try using the search field and see if something useful comes out (it wont)

My shop uses confluence for its knowledge base, which is basically just a bunch of user made pages and a search engine. With something as minimal as this, it's quality is only as good as its content.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Thinking about it, a fun gift for the world might be a firefox addon, "Engagement+".

Visits sites, clicks links, performs certain simple browser actions in the background without ever rendering any of it.
Fill in the URLs, set up the actions, set the frequency between minutes and weeks, unleash.

Soon it'll look like you're always watching those videos / reading the newsletter / listening to the podcast / etc. Employee of the year!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Aramoro posted:

So all the folk with favourites on their new tabs that were part of their workflow? Tough poo poo.

Our marketing wanted that, we (IT) pushed back hard, and were told to do it. So I made sure that the CIO was included in the policy pilot group.

It didn’t get any further than that. gently caress e’m, marketing has always been the worst in any company I’ve been in when it comes to their expectations and interacting with IT.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Atopian posted:

Is ratemypoo.com still up?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is ratemypoo.com still up?

I don't know what it says about me that seeing that URL also reminded me of another ancient Web 1.0 site I used to browse in college, HotorNot :ohdear:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

didn't that website grow up to be facebook

:suicide:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I hate this smoothie sour IPA monstrosity. It'd be less of an issue if pretty much every step of the process wasn't such a major pain in the loving rear end and/or I didn't hate the beer itself. Why is this poo poo popular?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You might ask that same question of all IPAs, or beer in general

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

You might ask that same question of all IPAs, or beer in general

I'd love to make nothing but Belgian styles but unfortunately, that's not what sells. I guess if the dann kids would get off their goddamn smartphones or whatever...

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 26, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Work out a system that magically combines all the poo poo steps into one ultra lovely lump and then get someone else to do it.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Work out a system that magically combines all the poo poo steps into one ultra lovely lump and then get someone else to do it.

If only. It's mostly brewing and packaging that suck. I pretty much always get stuck mashes. I pretty much have to brew it on Mondays because if I brew on Monday I, I pitch Philly Sour yeast on the brew day, then NEIPA on the following Wednesday (which isn't difficult), then fruit and first dry hop on the Friday after. It's just that the amount of hops and purree is a pain in the rear end. I end up with like neatly half of the volume going down the drain. I tried to negate this by putting the second dry hop in a hop bag but the hop bag got stuck in the racking arm and causing issues with the flow for bottling. Why don't we just bottle the pale ale? I guess that's just life sometimes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Escape From Noise posted:

I'd love to make nothing but Belgian styles but unfortunately, that's not what sells. I guess if the dann kids would get off their goddamn smartphones or whatever...

P much everyone I know that likes IPAs, myself included in part gravitated to them because they were both strong in terms of alcohol content, and lighter feeling so it was easy to drink several. Other stuff tends to either be too weak to be worth drinking, or too heavy to want more than one with dinner.

Basically what I’m saying is if you wanna make a new style popular you need to brew for alcoholics.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 26, 2022

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I dunno why fruit sours are The Thing but yeah I'd love for that trend to end

They're all like the Sour Apple blowpop in a cup and it's just the worst

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I dunno why fruit sours are The Thing but yeah I'd love for that trend to end

They're all like the Sour Apple blowpop in a cup and it's just the worst

Lots of Goses are lower on the sourness scale and don't incorporate fruit. Two Roads/Evil Twin used to make one with kelp that I could get my dad to drink, and he's afraid of non-lite beers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Proper lambics are good. I love a nice gueuze.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I picked up some bottles of Cantillon the other day. Im not sure I’d drink that or 3 Fonteinen but they’re the top tier of beers. Even something like Duchess of Bourgogne if you want something different.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The past 15 years of craft brewing has climaxed in high quality Zima (i.e. all the soda pop sours) and malt liquor that masks the gasoline tastes of high alcohol malt beverages (i.e. IPAs) and I am all about it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

ArbitraryC posted:

P much everyone I know that likes IPAs, myself included in part gravitated to them because they were both strong in terms of alcohol content, and lighter feeling so it was easy to drink several. Other stuff tends to either be too weak to be worth drinking, or too heavy to want more than one with dinner.

Basically what I’m saying is if you wanna make a new style popular you need to brew for alcoholics.

Shot and a brew is the alcoholic's solution to this. People have been "fixing" the low alcohol content of Miller Lite by using it as a chaser for whisky for generations.

I won't pretend I'm above this. Plenty of times I've wanted to get my Friday afternoon swerve on and I'll start by ordering a beer I want to enjoy along with a couple shots of whatever is cheap.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Half a pint of soda water into half a pint of everclear*. Problem solved.

*Infused with decarboxylated indica :unsmigghh:

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 26, 2022

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

BigHead posted:

As of tomorrow we are adding a seventh... thing. I'm not even sure what the new thing does. SharePoint. Adding a seventh thing does not in any way decrease reliance upon things one through six, of course. Thing seven is going to increase efficiency though! I think thing seven is supposed to eventually replace thing five, but until thing five becomes fully obsolete then we are required to duplicate all work. I think.

Thing seven is mandatory.

Coming next.. MEGA file storage.

This is ours. Have a question? "Check the portal." that is difficult to search, impossible to maintain and is never current.

Verdugo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 26, 2022

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Lazyfire posted:

Lots of Goses are lower on the sourness scale and don't incorporate fruit. Two Roads/Evil Twin used to make one with kelp that I could get my dad to drink, and he's afraid of non-lite beers.

The Salty Lady gose really hits the spot on a hot day. I wish there was more options for them around here.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 26, 2022

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ben shapino posted:

I'm gonna go take a quick poo poo just FYI y'all

Has this goon reported back to his desk yet?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

TotalLossBrain posted:

Has this goon reported back to his desk yet?

The poo poo was on his boss' desk, and was used to write 'I quit' on the wall. He even added one of those little paper umbrellas to it, to keep it classy.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm here, dunno why my status didn't change back to online, must be a bug or something

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

devmd01 posted:

Our marketing wanted that, we (IT) pushed back hard, and were told to do it. So I made sure that the CIO was included in the policy pilot group.

It didn’t get any further than that. gently caress e’m, marketing has always been the worst in any company I’ve been in when it comes to their expectations and interacting with IT.

I got asked by marketing if we could make the intranet everyone's home page in a meeting yesterday, and enjoyed explaining to them, in front of the CEO and CFO, exactly what that would do to worker productivity, efficiency, and morale. Most of our workforce are not exactly power users. If they didn't open chrome and see all of the tabs they use every day (and have spent a decade curating), the meltdowns would be amazing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Got approval to submit to the board a 15% cost of living increase for all staff. It's going to be approved. It's nice to know they support paying us a fair wage. The dumb poo poo is I'm pretty sure we can't afford it so it might be performative bullshit.

I have become the worst. Bullshit has washed over me and through me, only a useless manager remains.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I know it's not proper Dumb Work poo poo but if the beer fridges at my local grocery store had like 75% less IPAs and more Berliner Weisses, Lambics, Pilsner, and Ambers I could be so happy

Proper dumb work poo poo: My company has latched hard onto the 'order just enough components to get by' so that any hiccup in, say, the manufacture of the boxes we put finished goods in, results in the shutdown of one or two machines for a week. Good work, office!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Outrail posted:

Got approval to submit to the board a 15% cost of living increase for all staff. It's going to be approved. It's nice to know they support paying us a fair wage. The dumb poo poo is I'm pretty sure we can't afford it so it might be performative bullshit.

I have become the worst. Bullshit has washed over me and through me, only a useless manager remains.

Can you come work at my company please

I haven't had any kind of raise in almost 2 years. I think my boss forgot because I should have got an annual raise back in Febraury I think

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm like fine with making dumb poo poo if that's what the boss wants most of the time, it's just that the process for making and packaging this particular beer is such a pain in the rear end. I shouldn't be losing nearly half a batch after packaging.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dr.Smasher posted:

Proper dumb work poo poo: My company has latched hard onto the 'order just enough components to get by' so that any hiccup in, say, the manufacture of the boxes we put finished goods in, results in the shutdown of one or two machines for a week. Good work, office!

We're so short on a component vs. lead time right now that we have a production schedule that accounts for 1pc remaining. So far so good, and they made sure to tell people to not splice that part and just run it. It's a very, very tiny resistor though, so lol let's see how it goes.
While back we were doing the last run of a board that was leaving and I saw the machine was rejecting a critical part that we had a wiggle of like 1200pc on. We had thrown out 280 before we even noticed and actually fixed it over the course of 3 hours, then I went dumpster diving in the trash and found out the operator on 2nd shift threw away... a lot of them. A lot. They had to take apart scrapped boards in storage to finish it off I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Sorry to all the brewers in here but I love all that gimmicky sour poo poo and I wish the closest corner store would get the message that IPAs are over and sours are the new hotness

More on topic, I work at an agency and the client I'm working with rn makes me want to throw my computer and myself off a roof daily.

One of the latest examples: they made a mockup of a modification they wanted us to make to component A. I know that because they labeled it as component A in Figma (balls!!!!) 3 months ago. Then there was a Jira ticket describing how we would modify component A, just to keep everything straight. Naturally, we went in and made the modifications to component A. Come to QA testing, and it turns out that we were supposed to know that they meant for us to actually apply those changes to the hitherto unmentioned component B after all, and presumably labeled everything wrong for a joke.