Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
oh poo poo, gonzalez was also vera in mr robot, the drug dealer that killed elliot's girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Please call Elliot hoss all season, I beg you.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

moonmazed posted:

oh poo poo, gonzalez was also vera in mr robot, the drug dealer that killed elliot's girlfriend

Oh wow! He was great in that, so sleazy and hosed up

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The episode where Dodds extremely predictably dies was on last night, and I just shook my head. So sad, so deeply amusing. Just one day until retirement! :argh: :cry:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kelli Giddish is leaving SVU sometime during the first half of season 24.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

people.com posted:

The announcement of her departure came the same day as the Law & Order franchise announced a historic crossover between all three of its hit shows: Law & Order, SVU and Organized Crime.

The crossover event will bring characters from all three shows "into a singular and all-encompassing" plot.

NBC announced that Hargitay (Capt. Olivia Benson), Sam Waterston (Jack McCoy), Hugh Dancy (Nolan Price), Christopher Meloni (Det. Elliopt Stabler) and more will team up in the historic crossover event.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Didn't they try this twenty years ago with The Original, SVU, and Criminal Intent?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Snorb posted:

Didn't they try this twenty years ago with The Original, SVU, and Criminal Intent?

They were going to try with a plotline about terrorists bombing the WTC. Then 9/11 happened.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arivia posted:

They were going to try with a plotline about terrorists bombing the WTC. Then 9/11 happened.

Can't believe they passed up free advertising like that.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Kelli Giddish is leaving SVU sometime during the first half of season 24.

So they're gonna kill her off then it sounds like?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I don't understand what's historic about it. The Chicago shows have done three-part crossovers for years (and sometimes even involving SVU!).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Snorb posted:

Not three shows in one single plot line. Vanilla had several crossovers with SVU and one with Trial By Jury, but I can’t recall one with Criminal Intent. SVU had one with Trial By Jury too, and also had Alexandra Eames show up at least once or twice, but I don’t think it was crossovers with Criminal Intent and just Eames being there.

The Trial By Jury crossovers are annoying since it’s not in syndication, so you don’t see the conclusion to the L&O episode where Ed Green gets shot or the SVU one where Casey Novak got beaten up in her office.

Timby posted:

I don't understand what's historic about it. The Chicago shows have done three-part crossovers for years (and sometimes even involving SVU!).

I don’t care about the Chicago shows :v:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Green and Brsicoe showed up for a quick minute in CI. I Beleive in the first season. They leaked info on medicine being tempered with and killing people.
Van Buren also had a quick appearance. But I don't think a real crossover ever happened with CI

Surprisingly enough wiki has a list
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_%26_Order_(franchise)#Crossovers

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The only L&O crossovers that matter are the ones with H:LotS

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I figured this thread may be interested to know that Peacock is running a special next month for a $20 yearlong subscription. That will be the place to stream the new seasons as Hulu is losing the rights to run NBC shows the day after they air.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Digital Jedi posted:

Green and Brsicoe showed up for a quick minute in CI. I Beleive in the first season. They leaked info on medicine being tempered with and killing people.
Van Buren also had a quick appearance. But I don't think a real crossover ever happened with CI

Surprisingly enough wiki has a list
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_%26_Order_(franchise)#Crossovers

huh, the Wolf-verse is wider than I knew

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I was joking around with my mom that she leaves because Carisi cheats on her with Benson :v:

Seriously though, this is kind of out of nowhere, and I wonder what the deal is.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was joking around with my mom that she leaves because Carisi cheats on her with Benson :v:

Seriously though, this is kind of out of nowhere, and I wonder what the deal is.

SVU showrunner says that her exit is "more complex" than fans realize, but doesn't give much information beyond that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
According to an article I saw today it was made higher up than the showrunner, in order to "keep things current" with the show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
'Keep things current' means the higher ups found out SVU is trying to pull by having two women over the age of forty.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

YeahTubaMike posted:

Impossible. Benson is obviously a closeted late in life lesbian. She keeps dating elderly grossos to keep up appearances.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ElHuevoGrande posted:

Impossible. Benson is obviously a closeted late in life lesbian. She keeps dating elderly grossos to keep up appearances.

The one that still confounds is when she's dating the internal affairs dude. He was a good antagonist in the early seasons, but then he gets portrayed as a sympathetic love interest, and it's Olivia that torpedoes the relationship? I mean sure it's SVU so it's always weird and stupid, but come on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

'Keep things current' means the higher ups found out SVU is trying to pull by having two women over the age of forty.

Even weirder considering they canned Kat a year or two ago.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rappaport posted:

The one that still confounds is when she's dating the internal affairs dude. He was a good antagonist in the early seasons, but then he gets portrayed as a sympathetic love interest, and it's Olivia that torpedoes the relationship? I mean sure it's SVU so it's always weird and stupid, but come on.

Tucker shot himself.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Kingtheninja posted:

Even weirder considering they canned Kat a year or two ago.

I miss Kat :(

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Timby posted:

Tucker shot himself.

You know what, I had completely forgotten about that part. But Olivia breaks up with him before that, right? :ohdear:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ElHuevoGrande posted:

:hmmyes:

Me too. But I guess Jamie Gray Hyder backtalked Mariska Hargitay a little too much. :shrug:

Seriously though, the fact that they only injured Kat was weird. Did they want her to be able to come back? That would be interesting.

Rappaport posted:

You know what, I had completely forgotten about that part. But Olivia breaks up with him before that, right? :ohdear:

Yeah.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Rappaport posted:

yeah, he was married at the time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

nashona posted:

yeah, he was married at the time.

Right. Benson breaks up with him in season 18. The next time he appears is in season 21, when he's re-married and reveals to Benson that he's dying of cancer. He then shoots himself before he goes on trial for official misconduct.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Right. Benson breaks up with him in season 18. The next time he appears is in season 21, when he's re-married and reveals to Benson that he's dying of cancer. He then shoots himself before he goes on trial for official misconduct.

He shoots himself because he has terminal brain cancer, iirc he was vindicated in that subplot about the lady cop who got raped (he was innocent but kept forgetting things and "looking suspicious" because he had a secret brain tumor !!). Also Benson dumped him at the time because he wanted to retire and Benson couldn't see herself doing literally anything with her life besides be a cop, lol.

nashona
May 8, 2014

with Rollins leaving, I guess Olivia will just have to be out in the field even more.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

nashona posted:

with Rollins leaving, I guess Olivia will just have to be out in the field even more.

:angel: The All-knowing All-seeing Saint Olivia :angel:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

YeahTubaMike posted:

:angel: The All-knowing All-seeing Saint Olivia :angel:

NBC's gotta get some ROI on the $550,000 or so they pay Hargitay per episode.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Organized Crime has yet another showrunner.

quote:

Another behind-the-scenes change at Law & Order: Organized Crime: Sean Jablonski is taking over for Bryan Goluboff as showrunner.

Just three months ago, Goluboff replaced Barry O’Brien, who was named interim showrunner in late February. Having joined the series as co-executive producer in November, O’Brien was asked to step into the leadership role and finish the season after the exit of previous showrunner Ilene Chaiken. O’Brien will continue on Organized Crime as writer/executive producer for Season 3.

Now it’s Jablonski’s job to steer the Law & Order spinoff that stars Christopher Meloni, Danielle Moné Truitt, Ainsley Seiger, Brent Antonello and Rick Gonzalez. Earlier in his writing career, Jablonski wrote for Law & Order before moving onto shows like Nip/Tuck, Suits and Project Blue Book. He’s repped by CAA, Underground Management and Gregg Gellman.

So that's OC's fourth showrunner before its third season even starts airing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

:doink: was the main story of this week's Last Week Tonight :haw:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rappaport posted:

:doink: was the main story of this week's Last Week Tonight :haw:

"Assless Body in a Bottomless Brunch" would hit all the checkboxes for a quickly written episode of the original.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Guess we're doing eastern European terrorists for the three-parter tonight.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Timby posted:

Guess we're doing eastern European terrorists for the three-parter tonight.

And I guess it involves sex trafficking too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mehcad Brooks is cool. I dig his character. I think these two detectives are gonna be a great pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm like 30min behind starting this ep but just lol at the classic "perp running from the cops runs out into the street and gets hit by a car" trope, L&O sure loves that one