Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Bloop posted:

If it's anything like the Sony Spider-Man situation, they have the rights to all the Hulk specific characters too so probably not

It's just that most of them aren't very interesting so it doesn't really matter

The only Hulk villain I really want is The Leader.

Played by Jeffrey Combs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Technowolf posted:

Played by Jeffrey Combs.

Way to bury the lede(r)

Jeffrey Combs should be in everything

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Technowolf posted:

Played by Jeffrey Combs.

You know that Combs recently voiced an omnicidal AI on a second season episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks right?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
If hulk deal is only for movies, then let skaar be on d+ too.

Solved it for everyone, Mr. Fiege, now cut me a check and get to producing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
FeeGhee
FighGhee
Feej
Fum

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Has any mention of Betty been made since the movie?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

live with fruit posted:

Has any mention of Betty been made since the movie?

I vaguely remember her being mentioned in What If...?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Marsupial Ape posted:

gently caress it. Dracula should be Phase 5 ultimate villain.

this but unironically. I want all the supernatural characters to have to team up vs drac

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

I vaguely remember her being mentioned in What If...?

What If? Had a version of the Norton movie college assault

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Looks like the MRA chud demographic is triggered.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like all the 2 ratings, like “I swear guys don’t lump me in with those people review-bombing the show but it’s LEGIT awful I swear!!”

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Soonmot posted:

this but unironically. I want all the supernatural characters to have to team up vs drac

How dare you. I was not being ironic.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Everyone posted:

You know that Combs recently voiced an omnicidal AI on a second season episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Rhd3uNmxs&t=104s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gresh posted:

Looks like the MRA chud demographic is triggered.

This shape now indicates the best shows

Exact same thing happens on ratemyprofessor

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

Sure they did, Kingo’s valet.

I'm talking about the comics. They never had any notable characters. No one was going "Ikaris is my favorite Marvel Superman Analog", which as i say it is really silly because i mean, that means you need to choose him over Hyperion and that would just be downright nutty. Anyways, no one gave a poo poo about Eternals. If they weren't a Kirby creation, they'd of had one series back in the 70s and no one would have ever thought about them again.

A.o.D. posted:

In my view, the Eternals suffer in the same place as the Inhumans, too culturally nonhuman to be relatable, but not alien enough to be interesting. In a universe that has Skrulls, Shi-ar, mole people, dire wraiths, nameless ones, and the negative zone, the Eternals and Inhumans always felt like characters taking up the page where more interesting things could be.

Plus it's pretty bad when one of the more interesting Eternals is a date rape drug.

Inhumans at least has characters people like, Black Bolt has been front an center in a lot of stuff, Crystal was popular enough though the years to appear in a bunch of other stuff, and everyone loves Lockjaw.

And hell yes, Dracula is public domain so have him be in the MCU. Dracula in that Avengers storyline a few years ago was really terrifying.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

We should do a rewatch of this franchise. That was exceptional for loving XD cartoon.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Marsupial Ape posted:

gently caress it. Dracula should be Phase 5 ultimate villain.

"What is an X-man? A miserable pile of genetic powers. But enough talk, have at you!"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Phase 6: Amalgam

I'm sure Discovery will be selling DC for scrap soon after they fail to make a superhero reality series happen

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Azhais posted:

I'm sure Discovery will be selling DC for scrap soon after they fail to make a superhero reality series happen

My dream has always been a Marvel vs Capcom style game but the Amalgam universe. Make your own Amalgams from any two characters. Definitely too much work though.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Azhais posted:

The utter waste of space that was Multiverse of Madness would have been so much better if the Illuminati fight had been against the Justice League. Hell, DC would have been so happy to get the validation they'd probably have let all their superhero actors job to Wanda.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

The utter waste of space that was Multiverse of Madness would have been so much better if the Illuminati fight had been against the Justice League. Hell, DC would have been so happy to get the validation they'd probably have let all their superhero actors job to Wanda.

Gotta save something for Secret Wars.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

It was possible to make Eternals interesting, as a miniseries on D+.

Hard, but possible.

In a 2 hour movie? No it was doomed.

The movie is almost three hours and felt like it was four. The solution is definitely not to make the story longer.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Dell_Zincht posted:

I have been informed by one of my friends that I should watch Daredevil/The Punisher/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones and in the following order, so I'm going to do that

Daredevil, Season 1
Jessica Jones S1
DD S2
Luke Cage S1
Iron Fist S1
The Defenders
The Punisher S1
JJ S2
LC S2
IF S2
DD S3
Punisher S2
JJ S3

Anything else I should be watching, relating to the non (as of yet) MCU universe?

This is the correct order, but I would advise you to outright not watch JJ S2 and S3, Punisher S2, or any Iron Fist.

Or if you do, go into them knowing they are bad and you have to pick the gold nuggets out of the steaming pile of poop.

JJ S2 (awful) and S3 (poor, but not as bad) are only worth watching when Hogarth is on screen. Iron Fist was getting better, but the lead is awful and it’s only worth watching the Coleen Wing stuff on YouTube. You get just enough Iron Fist in Defenders to sate your curiosity. Punisher S2 throws out the thoughtful, interesting, redemptive anti-violence essay of S1 for “let’s shoot poor people haha”.

It’s only those 4 seasons I put on the “seriously, don’t watch” list. There are poor moments in other seasons (the back half of Luke Cage S1 and Defenders finale), but they are still worth powering through. These 4 seasons are standalone enough you can save them for later and just indulge if you are ready to grit your teeth and deal with the bad stuff for more content. I mean, even I was going “this isn’t that bad actually” at Iron Fist S1 until I hit episode 8 and then I was ready to burn it all to the ground. (Colleen Wing excepted, she’s the best.)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Daredevil S2 and Defenders are also shite unless you really like hoardes of identical ninjas.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

stev posted:

Daredevil S2 and Defenders are also shite unless you really like hoardes of identical ninjas.

I mean, who doesn't?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

stev posted:

The first half of DD s2 is really, really good. Like, it's not a step down from season 1 at all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I mean, who doesn't?

Daredevil, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Murd Blurdock…

IUG fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 27, 2022

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

A.o.D. posted:

The first half of DD s2 is really, really good. Like, it's not a step down from season 1 at all.

this

Daredevil stays good right up until you hit the ninja factory

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IUG posted:

Daredevil, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Murd Blurdock…

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

A.o.D. posted:

And the back half of DD S2 only feels bad when compared to the stellar first half. It’s still… “fine” compared to many other shows. The only true complaint I have is it never pays off Chekov’s minigun. My balls, so blue.

Controversial opinion, but I thought Elodie Yung was solid as Elektra and had no complaints about her performance.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Parkingtigers posted:

The only true complaint I have is it never pays off Chekov’s minigun. My balls, so blue.

The Hand has an anti-fun field that prevents anything cool from happening

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Given it’s building towards Secret Wars anyway, they could dunk on WB by introducing the Great Society ahead of if. It’d be fun to have a I Can’t Believe It’s Not The Justice League show before the ‘end’ of the universe.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's me, the man, the myth, the legend who likes Eternals and all of Daredevil s2.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eternals was merely mediocre and DD S2 was nowhere near the worst of the defenders shows so it’s not even that hot of a take. Now if you say you love Paul Blart Mall Cop or some poo poo, then you might get some stank face.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Invalid Validation posted:

Eternals was merely mediocre and DD S2 was nowhere near the worst of the defenders shows so it’s not even that hot of a take. Now if you say you love Paul Blart Mall Cop or some poo poo, then you might get some stank face.

> distributed by Sony Pictures

guys

guys, listen, I just

Paul Blart Versus Morbius

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

BrianWilly posted:

It's me, the man, the myth, the legend who likes Eternals and all of Daredevil s2.

yeah sure whatever buddy

i really like thor the dark world

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nikumatic posted:

yeah sure whatever buddy

i really like thor the dark world

pfft

I truly enjoyed Captain Marvel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was extremely disappointed in Defenders. It ended up just being a continuation of the back half of Daredevil S2.

They also played up the fact that they got Sigourney Weaver for that show, and she does literally nothing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The part in Defenders when they all met up for the first time was really good.

The rest was pretty rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah and that was just the one scene

The one thing Defenders got right was everyone else clowning on Danny Rand.