Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Mary unfortunately lost one of her cats today.
https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1548668967107141634?s=20&t=aqa2uuKdNi1N4To4xsWfEg

Edit: of all the...

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
oh that SUCKS. :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, it hasn't been great.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2022

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
:negative:

My cat is everything to me so I know how devastating that would be. Unfair as hell.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
God damnit :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oh man that's terrible, was hoping that they'd all be ok.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That's awful. Poor Mary. I bet that cat had a wonderful life, it was lucky to have her.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I started following the Cagle Cats twitter account after someone mentioned it here, and Froyo was the one who always jumped in and helped parent the baby foster kittens that Mary repeatedly takes in. That cat did more good for catkind than any other I've known.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
edit: nevermind, twitter glitched and scared the crap outta me, everything's fine

isasphere fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 22, 2022

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Do you like my hat?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Anemone is beyond done with all this

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Not quite sure if Venom-Tess is referring to herself in the whole or herself and Anemone with that whole "Don't you think we've both [ate enough poo poo]?"

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I read it as Gooptessa and Anemone. She doesn't seem to think of herself as a symbiote right now. And she's been doing the "we're not so different, you and I thing," so this would follow from that.

Mostly I'm thinking of this page.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 1, 2022

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mary is intent on keeping one of her fosters.

https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1553663767342469120?s=20&t=fndacSFV9NNCZclTZkgDiw

Yeah it was sad. Shouldn't play favorites with kitties but Froyo was the best of the 3 by far IMHO.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Mary is intent on keeping one of her fosters.

https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1553663767342469120?s=20&t=fndacSFV9NNCZclTZkgDiw

Yeah it was sad. Shouldn't play favorites with kitties but Froyo was the best of the 3 by far IMHO.

Is that going to be a problem for her fostering? I mind that being a thing but I can't remember.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She has two other cats as well - they generally don't seem to mind having new kittens around, and like with this current family she keeps the house cats and fosters separate if necessary.
The late Froyo would even actively mother any foster kittens that came by.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was meaning her keeping a foster, spcificaly.

I could be misremembering something but I thought I minded it being a policy thing she mentioned.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 2, 2022

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

ConanThe3rd posted:

I was meaning her keeping a foster, spcificaly.

I could be misremembering something but I thought I minded it being a policy thing she mentioned.

It's more of an issue when someone fostering adopts their foster and stops fostering because of that, such as due to the house being full or the pets not working well with fosters. This is probably less of an issue with Mary, so she will probably be fine!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah, it happens all the time to the point that there's a term for it ("foster fail"). I don't think her falling into that trap while emotionally vulnerable from the loss of her cat would torch her relationship with her shelter when she's been doing this successfully for years. She also just raised like, $3500 in donations for them after Froyo's passing? I think they wouldn't blink at her adopting a whole litter right now. :v:

In general I think shelters don't mind as long as animals get good homes, but yeah, it can mean a person no longer being able to foster which is bad. But as has been pointed out, not an issue for her.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Genuinely confusing thinking. If you do something nice, you're obligated to keep doing it forever or it's a moral failing?

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Wittgen posted:

Genuinely confusing thinking. If you do something nice, you're obligated to keep doing it forever or it's a moral failing?

Shelters generally provide material assistance to people fostering animals for them (pet food, medical care, etc.), with the understanding that you're providing a ongoing service to the shelter (when they don't have room for all the animals they've rescued, or if an animal needs individual training, etc.) , and not just looking to take an animal out on trial period on the shelter's dime before adopting it yourself. Like was said, it's absolutely not going to be an issue in this particular case, but it's something shelters are reasonably wary of.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
She might have mentioned it earlier in her stint and I took it as some sort of gospel, sorry.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I would love to see Anemone wax Gooptessa here. It's not going to happen, it's give Tessa her suicide by cop, and would make a mess out of the overall story arc, but Gooptessa needs that smirk wipes off her face.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Permalink to the new page.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

habeasdorkus posted:

I would love to see Anemone wax Gooptessa here. It's not going to happen, it's give Tessa her suicide by cop, and would make a mess out of the overall story arc, but Gooptessa needs that smirk wipes off her face.

:agreed:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sometimes a girl has to die to keep this house of dead girls propped up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Don't forget the living ones that are both expected to be pious holy warriors fighting in a forever war with the soul-consuming darkness and idols who promote toasters and poo poo.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I suspect Anemone is extremely aware of the deaths involved, and also would like to not have the death toll be ‘everyone, at once.’ Given she’s mentioned it feeling unsustainable before, and asking whether that would let her see the WiW one last time.

Gooptessa is very much not introducing new ideas, she’s just being awful.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
True, but it does bare repeating that this situation was massively hosed before we got to the sentient embodiment of Some Girls' negativity actively murdering people.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

IntangibilityMon is versatile

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So I'm seeing three options here:

- Anemone isn't aware that the Founder is visiting people in their dreams to give them powers, which puts a real dent in how much she actually knows about what's going on
- The girl in the dreams isn't a real person, but a sort of magical construct/echo/shadow of the Founder
- The girl in the dreams isn't the Founder at all but another volunteer just like Anemone is

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tenebrais posted:

So I'm seeing three options here:

- Anemone isn't aware that the Founder is visiting people in their dreams to give them powers, which puts a real dent in how much she actually knows about what's going on
- The girl in the dreams isn't a real person, but a sort of magical construct/echo/shadow of the Founder
- The girl in the dreams isn't the Founder at all but another volunteer just like Anemone is
I'm wondering if I'm watching the plot to Rayearth.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, there's been so much information this chapter.

• The Founder tried to "get rid of" Goops
  • Goops knows everything the Founder knew until that point
  • Anemone thinks Goopst/Tessa can't have even met her
  • Anemone knows things other people can't, but she doesn't know everything herself
  • They are the Founder's memory tricks
  • Something bad happens if Anemone can't keep herself together
  • The Founder gave up everything to protect something, and this is her city
  • No one meant for things to end up with magical girls fighting monsters forever
  • Part of the Founder is still aware, and suffering

Putting this stuff together I'm getting the feeling Anemone actually doesn't know that the Founder is visiting girls in their dreams to give them powers.

I wonder if the Vedika side of this chapter will end with her mind-reading a monster and we'll get slammed with one more big revelation about them to tie all this off.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-20-page-18
I imagine Magical Girl Perfect Shot would have that silly crosshair mark on her forehead like Bullseye from the Ben Afleck Daredevil movie

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I imagine those are not made for accuracy in the first place

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mahou Shoujo Ladda Masta

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There's something a little sad about Vedika joking to herself about alternative magical girl titles, like she's still hoping she can re-imagine herself in a way that might be actually useful.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

She's been going to the gym, she'll wreck that ladder :colbert:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tenebrais posted:

There's something a little sad about Vedika joking to herself about alternative magical girl titles, like she's still hoping she can re-imagine herself in a way that might be actually useful.

Here's hoping it's the lead up to discovering how her own powers are useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

She jumped the height of that trash dumpster in stride. That seems magical.