Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Sometimes Woolie's theory discussions are insightful and neat, and other times it's insanely off base and if he'd play for five more minutes in some cases all the questions would be answered and that can be torturous if it goes on for too long. It probably, maybe balances out.

I think if he did shorter games he'd retain better viewer numbers but success doesn't matter to Woolie so it's a moot point.

I don't care about ME so I'm not watching it, save for some clips, but I do hope he gets a pure experience, whatever that ends up being. It will either be good and thus cool that he managed it, or a trash fire and thus hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Woolie's been keeping dozens of backup saves so he'll undo any dead crewmates, right? It'll be worth it to see his reaction to the consequences of his choices. Hopefully the people in chat don't all call him a coward for running back to a previous save.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will call him a coward

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

A good poster posted:

Woolie's been keeping dozens of backup saves so he'll undo any dead crewmates, right? It'll be worth it to see his reaction to the consequences of his choices. Hopefully the people in chat don't all call him a coward for running back to a previous save.

Gonna laugh so hard if he makes Zaeed the secondary squad leader.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Same, but for him sending Thane into the tunnels because his introduction is him crawling through some air ducts.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

No chance anything but this happens in this goon's opinion

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
It's somewhat easy to unintentionally gently caress up Zaeed's loyalty mission and I fully expect Woolie to do so.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Half the posts I'm the old 2010 me2 thread were famously "hey I set zaeed as the leader since he was the merc group leader and Jason[sic] got hit in the face with a missile and died??" :laugh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and nothing of value was lost

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Half the posts I'm the old 2010 me2 thread were famously "hey I set zaeed as the leader since he was the merc group leader and Jason[sic] got hit in the face with a missile and died??" :laugh:

People always forget that Zaeed's stories usually end with him saying "Everybody but me died so I got all the money"

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

beep by grandpa posted:

I didn't notice this til today, why is this thread rated so low lol

edit: i mouse-over'd and saw the # of votes was 41 so i voted it 5 and that brought it from a 2/5 to 3/5 :c00l:

hope these last few pages answers your question

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Regarding the sushi discussion on the pod this week, isn't the freshness thing kind of moot since they have to flash freeze fish regardless to kill off the ungodly amount of parasites they have? Anyway, here's the state of Ohio sushi as of tonight.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Imitation Krab is like some Malk poo poo

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Regarding the sushi discussion on the pod this week, isn't the freshness thing kind of moot since they have to flash freeze fish regardless to kill off the ungodly amount of parasites they have? Anyway, here's the state of Ohio sushi as of tonight.

Unless it's sold literally on the dock yes most fish is flash frozen, but how much it travels can still affect quality. That said, Woolie's issue on the podcast seems like his fish wasn't properly defrosted before being turned into sushi.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

lol flamin' hot cheetos sushi

I'm losing my mind

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Watching Woolie wander through the citadel and getting mad at the personalized ads is fun.

The citadel really is just the Mall of America in space, isn't it?

It's still weird how badly the game wants you to punch that lady though.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 27, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The game starts early and often encouraging you to hit the renegade prompts to see what crazy poo poo the time pulls.

Just wait until he hits the Samara and Thane dossier missions. The audience will be screaming at Woolie for not hitting the prompt because he's too busy reading text.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Lady or not, she's a reporter who twists everything you say, so she's cruising for a bruising.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If she was real, she'd be telling us how real and strong AI was right now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

she had it coming

and not anywhere remotely as bad as bioware killing off a much better, semi important side char via.....a tweet between games

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie talking about how hard these endgame Dead Space waves are while missing half his shots, quadruple tapping already dead enemies, and getting mauled by the horde while his ripper blade hits air

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
He forsook the force gun, it is right and just that he should struggle

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm having the same frustration rewatching Woolie play Silent Hill 2, where he refuses to stomp downed enemies because he somehow got the idea that Pyramid Head will follow the bloody footprints.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm having the same frustration rewatching Woolie play Silent Hill 2, where he refuses to stomp downed enemies because he somehow got the idea that Pyramid Head will follow the bloody footprints.

lmao

Woolie has such a beautiful mind. It's hard to watch the Death Stranding video because he insists on following the waypoint line as straight as much as possible instead of using it as a guide. Seen him try to climb over cliffs when there is an easier path literally right next to it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kazzah posted:

He forsook the force gun, it is right and just that he should struggle

Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud when he fired it at an enemy on the other side of the room and complained it didn't do anything.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud when he fired it at an enemy on the other side of the room and complained it didn't do anything.

Oh god. In the RE2 lp Pat instructed him to fire the gun from a distance since he was letting the zombies get up close before firing. He's probably convinced himself the same thing applies here too since they're both survival horror games.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Is the force gun actually good then? I always thought it was trash that was just above the flamethrower.

Woolie shelving the line gun because he kept wanting to use the awful secondary fire and didn't understand that the line gets wider and can knee cap a whole room was more egregious to me.

It's a first playthrough though, everyone sorta hosed that up unless they googled it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat has no idea what Bionicles are. He was doing his react to random videos people send him stream and a Bionicle was in one and he thought it was a 40k space marine or something. Paige was like "is this a bit?" It wasn't a bit.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1563740793525145600

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 28, 2022

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

had to hop in and support pat with my no vote, what the gently caress is a bionicle (ive heard of it just never seen it). lol its only 3.5% atm tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MagusDraco posted:

Pat has no idea what Bionicles are. He was doing his react to random videos people send him stream and a Bionicle was in one and he thought it was a 40k space marine or something. Paige was like "is this a bit?" It wasn't a bit.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1563740793525145600
lol, got a timestamp?

Indecisive posted:

had to hop in and support pat with my no vote, what the gently caress is a bionicle (ive heard of it just never seen it). lol its only 3.5% atm tho
time to ramble about bionicle

bionicle was one of the things that helped save Lego back at the turn of the millenium when they were falling apart due to poor business and manufacturing decisions(they were producing way, way too many unique pieces at the time, driving up costs astronomically). it also opened up a brand new market to teenage boys, with the robot action figure designs.

they started out fairly simple, without much articulation beyond basic ball joints in shoulders, feet, and hips

as the years went on, they improved the articulation, giving them necks, wrists, knees, hips, etc

and occasionally combined them with regular Lego Technic, resulting in some really awesome vehicles and monster figures

it also had a pretty neat storyline, and had a bunch of accompanying games and even a few movies. I dropped it sometime around Metru Nui, the flashback storyline, not sure where it eventually ended up, but the line lasted for a good while before ending in 2010 or so. the general bionicle pieces were incorporated into countless sets over the years as well.

and the commercials were pretty cool...mostly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gbkoQsK-0&hd=1&t=4s

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 28, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If you wanna see some poo poo, search youtube for "the Bionicle dream"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kazzah posted:

If you wanna see some poo poo, search youtube for "the Bionicle dream"
this was one of the first results for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FIrJJ0XII&hd=1

that's an armstrong I can get behind

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Confession: I love Lego but I could never get into Bionicle. I always thought they were kind of ugly and never really saw the appeal. Like, I look at these...

...and they just don't look good to me. They look like some kind of Lego knockoff if anything. What am I missing here? I just don't get it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you need to remember that those are just the stock builds, and they're made of like 60 pieces. people have been modifying and "upgrading" the designs for years, or of course building their own things. hell, trying to find a shot of those six you quoted as an example, I kept almost posting people's rebuilt reimaginings instead before I noticed, like these:

here is an imgur gallery I made years ago showcasing a specific person's builds that really exemplify why "it doesn't look like lego!!!" is dumb. his designs are phenomenal, and combine standard lego bricks, bionicle, technic, and other insanely obscure lego pieces into incredible works of art. The key to lego, of all types, is to remember you are only limited by your imagination.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUD4A

some examples, look closely and you can see how they're a mixture of all different types of lego pieces, and yes, these are all official lego parts, no non-lego pieces(I break down some examples of parts usage in the above gallery):

one of the biggest things bionicle did(well, throwbots, but that was the precursor to bionicle) was introduce mass amounts of balljoint and socket pieces to the Lego parts pool, and later introduced rubberized balljoints to allow for something like a quarter pound or more's worth of weight support per joint. It was the equivalent of the creation of the internal combustion engine when it comes to making poseable lego figures because before you had to do some ridiculous workarounds to make things that could pose at all, let alone decently.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
They have cool masks and weapons. It really doesn't take much more than that to impress a ten-year old. Hell, I'm way past that and I still want all of the Toa Nuva line.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, that's the other thing, you had a fire dude who had twin giant swords he could combine into a swordboard to surf on raging lava rivers. that's REALLY COOL for a kid.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Brightman posted:

Is the force gun actually good then? I always thought it was trash that was just above the flamethrower.

It's the shotgun of the game, get a few damage upgrades and it'll blow enemies to bits.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Imagine if it wasn't bionicle but their other thing in the works that got popular lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzbArJuBV4

Honestly I wonder if pat knows about this one but not bionicle just for extra hilarity, since it's partly a french canadian thing

Captain Invictus posted:

you need to remember that those are just the stock builds, and they're made of like 60 pieces. people have been modifying and "upgrading" the designs for years, or of course building their own things. hell, trying to find a shot of those six you quoted as an example, I kept almost posting people's rebuilt reimaginings instead before I noticed, like these:

here is an imgur gallery I made years ago showcasing a specific person's builds that really exemplify why "it doesn't look like lego!!!" is dumb. his designs are phenomenal, and combine standard lego bricks, bionicle, technic, and other insanely obscure lego pieces into incredible works of art. The key to lego, of all types, is to remember you are only limited by your imagination.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUD4A

some examples, look closely and you can see how they're a mixture of all different types of lego pieces, and yes, these are all official lego parts, no non-lego pieces(I break down some examples of parts usage in the above gallery):

one of the biggest things bionicle did(well, throwbots, but that was the precursor to bionicle) was introduce mass amounts of balljoint and socket pieces to the Lego parts pool, and later introduced rubberized balljoints to allow for something like a quarter pound or more's worth of weight support per joint. It was the equivalent of the creation of the internal combustion engine when it comes to making poseable lego figures because before you had to do some ridiculous workarounds to make things that could pose at all, let alone decently.

I can't imagine the willpower required to not sneak at least one of those big tiddy bionicles in that album.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 28, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Brightman posted:

The baseline version is mostly just a knockdown tool, but put a bit of damage into it and it can fully delimb most normal enemies, provided you let them get close. Its great strength is when like three slashers all jump on you at once, it just cleans them up. Also the DS2 version has an alt-fire that's basically the gauss cannon from Doom 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Nalesh posted:

I can't imagine the willpower required to not sneak at least one of those big tiddy bionicles in that album.

well you ruined it now, you gotta post em