Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Red Oktober posted:

I’m off to get married today! Nice to have something exciting in the middle of all this *gestures around* everything.

should be a mirror on the floor to, you know, prove it’s being worn “authentically”…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Red Oktober posted:

I’m off to get married today! Nice to have something exciting in the middle of all this *gestures around* everything.

Congratulations!

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Ms Adequate posted:

HI HELLO SORRY

I got into a huge Rimworld modding spree and forgot to check this thread again

So many people have been so nice about my progress, just wanted to thank you all!

On a more germane note, watching the ongoing dissolution of every single governmental/civic function that there is, is quite a thing to behold.

Do you mod Stellaris too? I was reading (ie: stealing ideas and all the best names for my own mod - totally for my own personal use) one of the files in a big Human namelist mod and noticed a 'MsAdequate' was the author...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

fuctifino posted:

but loving hell, is our health system broken to gently caress :(

It is. My mate's wife had an abscess on her torso that turned into sepsis so they rushed her to A&E. They took out the abscess and sent her straight home again with an open wound full of gauze and instruction to get her GP surgery to change it daily. Rang the GP and their single nurse was off sick so told them to call 111. 111's entire system for Beds was down so they went to the drop in centre. 5 hour wait later, the nurse there said it was wasting her time and she should have gone to her GP and told her if she came back the next day she'd be refused entry. Went back to the GP to ask for proper care but couldn't see her until the sunday so they suggested leaving it in or changing it herself, even though it's an open wound needing sterile care and a local anaesthetic. Broken to gently caress.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

Congratulations! Hope the day goes well :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

Congratulations!

Now, to bring the mood down.

https://twitter.com/furbabygirl/status/1563195642544959493

I'm having a fun time watching Pensioner Hubris. Old tories talking about how they got through the cold when they were young and fit, and completely forget that they're a bunch of decrepit skeletons on a fast downward slide. Can't tell if it's a death cult mentality, or they just have a Dodo like perception of danger.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's half

and half selective memory that doesn't bother thinking that burning coal indoors on an open grate in a house full of modern appliances will cost you more in the long run.

Shouldn't have flat screens in the first place if they're poor :wankah:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

Cambridge is so loving stupid: a world class university and a thriving centre of hi-tech industry, crammed into the footprint of a medieval city and surrounded by hundreds of square miles of empty fieldsoverpriced newbuild estates.

Ftfy

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm having a fun time watching Pensioner Hubris. Old tories talking about how they got through the cold when they were young and fit, and completely forget that they're a bunch of decrepit skeletons on a fast downward slide. Can't tell if it's a death cult mentality, or they just have a Dodo like perception of danger.

Those who survived Covid are going to get wiped out by this.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 27, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Going to have to catch up on last night's TV
https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1563470675129405443

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Gonzo McFee posted:

Congratulations!

Now, to bring the mood down.

https://twitter.com/furbabygirl/status/1563195642544959493

It's not just Tories, but also pretend Labour too https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/status/1563114297785712640?t=SXGfRTbbsIXyNG05fvwHhg&s=19

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Am i supposed to be aroused & confused about this? :stonklol:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/SmokeyCat42/status/1563213494442344449

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
As humans we're utterly dependent on the love and care of others to survive into adulthood. It's great that we've now managed to construct a society which completely removes any concept of compassion so that old people can be rich for a bit longer while the world incinerates

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
kate hoey is skeletor imo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Going to have to catch up on last night's TV

https://twitter.com/bwhitecambs/status/1563472377010237447

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well at least we know why there's such a housing shortage, nobody died in the 1970s
https://twitter.com/StillLooking15/status/1563300747349217287

Also explains all the lost souls and walking ghosts milling around complaining about the bins.

e: ^^ :discourse:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what happened to the goon who posted the insane letter telling them their street was under surveillance and that there would be severe consequences for such infractions as talking loudly with windows open

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Compromised to a permanent end.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't tell if it's a death cult mentality, or they just have a Dodo like perception of danger.

"It can't happen here," because we're the imperial core, no matter what "it" is. They believe they're invincible. This kind of thing only happens in third world countries, etc.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Just Another Lurker posted:

aroused & confused

I like that film.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Last high-profile western leader to tell their population to put a sweater on got BTFOd soon after.

(Of course that was in the 70s when there was still, just about, a sliver of a chance to switch to nuclear + renewables.)

Your move, PMPM.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
TV Go Home's Wanking For Coins gets one step closer to reality.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Payndz posted:

Mick Hucknall's Pink Pancakes is the one that's always stuck in my memory

Although thanks for reminding me of that Rowland Rivron exists

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 27, 2022

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Only Kindness posted:

Last high-profile western leader to tell their population to put a sweater on got BTFOd soon after.

(Of course that was in the 70s when there was still, just about, a sliver of a chance to switch to nuclear + renewables.)

Your move, PMPM.

It's every Briton's god given right to listlessly wander the halls and towers of their sprawling, draughty manor entirely nude. I'll wear an extra jumper over my cold, dead body.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Payndz posted:

Can't wait for repeats of this and Antiquing DILFs when I'm old and grey.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

forkboy84 posted:

Mick Hucknall's Pink Pancakes is the one that's always stuck in my memory

Although thanks for reminding me of that Rowland Rivron exists

I just remembered the phrase "Mick Hucknall's Doll House Sackbag Prodfest" and god, TVGoHome was so good.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
So, hang on: Were the 70s great because we all Just Got On With It and wore extra jumpers and enjoyed simple things like the frost patterns on the inside of the windows and didn't have iPhones, flat screen tellys and avocados...or were the 70s bad because of the strikes, the three-day week, The Bins and curly British Rail sandwiches?

Do we want politicians to Take Us Back To The 1970s or not?

I am confused by Schrodinger's Seventies

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Cheerily asked my super nice postie today how the strikes went and he got massively uncomfortable. Said he stayed at home, picket lines not for him.

Wished him a good salary increase, dunno why I felt so damned awkward. Just wanted him to feel supported without saying something dumb like solidarity from the dude he reliably wakes up out of bed at the end of his round on a workday. (there is only one 9 o'clock ...and its 9:53 right before my 10am standup)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He may have been expecting you to have a go at him. You are basically asking him his political affiliation out of nowhere so being cagey as to what the intent of the question is is a pretty normal response.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mebh posted:

Cheerily asked my super nice postie today how the strikes went and he got massively uncomfortable. Said he stayed at home, picket lines not for him.

Wished him a good salary increase, dunno why I felt so damned awkward. Just wanted him to feel supported without saying something dumb like solidarity from the dude he reliably wakes up out of bed at the end of his round on a workday. (there is only one 9 o'clock ...and its 9:53 right before my 10am standup)

Maybe he thought you were taking the piss

"so, how was your day off :nallears:"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In order to alleviate further discomfort you should lead from a position of vulnerability by exposing your affiliation first, so next time you talk to him you should come out of the house with a boombox blaring the internationale and wearing a large false moustache and carrying an entire miners gala banner by yourself.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mourning Due posted:

It really feels like there's going to be one absolutely heart-rending story during all this (my prediction: 3 generations of one family freezing/starving to death) that will splash all the headlines, and a new law will be passed with the name of the dead to ensure that this will "never happen again", and it will be good for some but too late for them.

Hate that it's so obvious that the system is about to catastrophically fail, and it's just "Welp we'll need to wait and see" from the govt & opposition. Sad.
Oh it won't be one family. The way the process goes is that one incident is portrayed as an aberration. Two or 3 are isolated incidents and mostly get ignored as we argue about whether the first one was a false flag. By the time there are a shitload of cases, the papers have gotten bored and moved on, and the public have added it to the big list of Things That Are Failing And We Can't Do Anything About So Keep Your Chin Up.

Repeat this process until you are the one dying and nobody's helping.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Took my car to get an MOT today and while they left it idling before the test, smoke starting pouring out of something under the bonnet. lol. lmao :shepface:

Pretty sure it was caused by the ignition being wonky and it left the starter running while the engine was on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's technically a hybrid and you should be eligible for an emissions based road tax exemption.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I think it's eligible as it won't get to the road any more.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I got mine back from the garage the other week and the brakes have been screaming at me since and there was a weird metallic scraping noise for a while but now it's all gone quiet which I assume means it's fixed itself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

Neither, really. They're just all so full of spite for everyone else. They don't care that a lot of people are going to die as a result of their actions and they know (whether rightly or wrongly) that they won't be one of the people who do.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

How has Michaela Strachan not aged at all since the 80s?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found the amulet of perpetual youth while dogging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Red Oktober posted:

Congratulations! I imagine you're a bit busy this evening but awesome stuff, hope it was/is a great day and leads to many many happy years together!

Tigey posted:

Do you mod Stellaris too? I was reading (ie: stealing ideas and all the best names for my own mod - totally for my own personal use) one of the files in a big Human namelist mod and noticed a 'MsAdequate' was the author...

That's me! All I've modded is a couple of namelists, that one being by far the biggest and one I put the most effort into! :D

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 27, 2022