Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

donotpost posted:

They are Rex and Shulk. Between Nia going you're my (daughter) to Mio, saying see you soon then to the photo which means they're alive in alrest, and Tora helping make origin and the supercomputer in the cloudkeep not much time had passed between the ends of 1 and 2 and the worlds merging

future connected in XB1DE has a bit about the world's merging, doesn't it? they call the fog king 'extradimensional leakage.' or something similar, and if you look at its model its similar to a guldo from xb2.

and future connected only takes place a year after xb1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

donotpost posted:

They are Rex and Shulk. Between Nia going you're my (daughter) to Mio, saying see you soon then to the photo which means they're alive in alrest, and Tora helping make origin and the supercomputer in the cloudkeep not much time had passed between the ends of 1 and 2 and the worlds merging

Well yes that is the implication but I think it deserves a bit more exploration than that.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I think that I would absolutely hate it if the story DLC is a prologue. I'm not gonna lie, I have absolutely no interest in seeing Rex, Shulk or any of the previous casts again. All of these characters already had their adventures and saved the world. XC1 had an entire epilogue with Future Connected, XC2 had the hanging questions about its conclusion answered in 3. Just let them be done and let's move on.

RuBisCO posted:

I wonder how an epilogue would work though. Either you keep the entire cast as children which, eh, or you timeskip a couple years so they're in their teens again but... That doesn't really work with the XB1 party's very disparate aging rates. Or... Can Sena even age? Also is real Mio a flesheater?

DLC speculation stuff: I can see them just doing a time skip. There's a decent enough reason for all of the XC1 characters to age at the same rate (Eunie is probably 90%+ homs and could simply age at the rate of one, IIRC Machina basically control their own aging), so I'm sure they could come up with something similar for the Agnian party.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Ending stuff.
I do think it's interesting that the statues of the founders mentions two of them being Kevesi/Agnes but living until the age of 80. It never really goes back to that.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

RuBisCO posted:

same, and same

Plus, it'd be a nice way to introduce some real towns in XB3 with a look at a present day Colony 9/Alcamoth or Torigoth (which would also allow them to reuse some XB1/2 assets).

ngl this is what I thought the game was going to be before playing. I didn't watch much of the preview footage. We got something different and it was fine, but still want to see this. Don't really care that much about the city's founding or other past events, and this game doesn't focus on the past the way XB2 did.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Taear posted:

Ending stuff.
I do think it's interesting that the statues of the founders mentions two of them being Kevesi/Agnes but living until the age of 80. It never really goes back to that.

This reminds me of that chapter 4 cutscene where Ethel asks Cammuravi about why he agreed to be reborn after he was executed for losing to her, as though it's just common knowledge that people are resurrected in cradles. Borealis is present when N is talking about forcing their rebirth to bring them back into the system. Then, later on, Borealis acts like he doesn't believe that Ethel could possibly be alive, despite having also seen a resurrected dead guy. None of the other Agnian or Kevesi commanders seem to know about the cloning, either. It feels like a holdout from an earlier version of the script.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 27, 2022

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hot in-game tip for people who like listening to soundtracks: next time you warp somewhere, make sure to change the time of day on the location you choose to night instead of always defaulting to day. Boom, part of the soundtrack you've probably barely heard!

Edit: Chapter 7 spoilers and a question: One of the NPCs in Colony 9 mentions that Origin blew open a path to the southern cliffs. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

Prowler fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 27, 2022

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Prowler posted:

Edit: Chapter 7 spoilers and a question: One of the NPCs in Colony 9 mentions that Origin blew open a path to the southern cliffs. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

On the cliffs where you first meet Gray, in between the bodies of water close to the Amoley UM there's a section where before your party members would run up to it and go "wow I wonder how we get there" that's now opened up

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Prowler posted:

There's an overpass in the Aetia region that opens up that allows you to access a higher plateau. It's northwest of the UM "Altruistic Maribel". I know the events also cause a slide-in that allows you to access a new area on Sandbar Island in the Cadensia region as well.

Not sure if anything else significant opens up, but with the above two places you have access to all the UMs so who knows.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Polderjoch posted:

On the cliffs where you first meet Gray, in between the bodies of water close to the Amoley UM there's a section where before your party members would run up to it and go "wow I wonder how we get there" that's now opened up

Wow, I didn’t realize those things were connected. I discovered that bridge in the postgame after spending the entire game wondering when I would be able to fill in that conspicuous hole in my map, and then thought I was an idiot for not ever noticing the bridge before

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RuBisCO posted:

Or... Can Sena even age? Also is real Mio a flesheater?[/spoiler]

Endgame Spoilers: I think Mio just has a flesheater crystal because she's Nia's daughter we see in the photo. Considering their interactions I'm pretty sure Mio is her kid.

I hope the DLC is a prequel of some kind.

..unless its an epilogue that ends with a teaser linking XBC3 to the XCX reality and an announcement that XCX2 comes out next yet (and will actually be a finished game this time). :getin:

Zoran posted:

Wow, I didn’t realize those things were connected. I discovered that bridge in the postgame after spending the entire game wondering when I would be able to fill in that conspicuous hole in my map, and then thought I was an idiot for not ever noticing the bridge before

I did this exact same thing.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They point it out to you as part of (postgame class) melia's class ascension quest

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Evil Fluffy posted:

Endgame Spoilers: I think Mio just has a flesheater crystal because she's Nia's daughter we see in the photo. Considering their interactions I'm pretty sure Mio is her kid.

That interaction is probably the most appalling moment in the entire franchise. I don't think that another game has managed to convey such an immense feeling of dread.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

That interaction is probably the most appalling moment in the entire franchise. I don't think that another game has managed to convey such an immense feeling of dread.

Not reading the spoilers, still in chapter 3, but from your reply I'm assuming we hear Tatsu's theme start to play during a post-credit scene

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

There were some questions a while back about if there's rainy/stormy weather in one region does another region have the same weather. Seems like the answer is yes. I've been cleaning up the UMs and a couple require storms or rain to pop up. I've been able to quick travel to another region during storms and gotten the UM to spawn, and it's worked more than once.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

turn off the TV posted:

In what way? I'm confused

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RuBisCO posted:

There's an overpass in the Aetia region that opens up that allows you to access a higher plateau. It's northwest of the UM "Altruistic Maribel". I know the events also cause a slide-in that allows you to access a new area on Sandbar Island in the Cadensia region as well.

Not sure if anything else significant opens up, but with the above two places you have access to all the UMs so who knows.

Thanks! Good to know I randomly happened upon it.

I still haven't 100%'d every map.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just did that armu breeding everyone complains about being super annoying and time consuming to collect all the materials needed, and, I literally already had everything and didn't need to go around collecting anything?

I did look up which is the best to breed beforehand and I would have run out of materials if I had had to do more rounds, but still I didn't have to gather anything at all.

Also chapter 7 side story:
Shania better be loving dead for good for Christ sake. worst character in the franchise, worse than tatsu. Every second of backstory was a struggle not to hold the X button.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nyoro posted:

In what way? I'm confused

Mio/Noah meeting her JRPG Mormon dad and her mom's sister wives would be the most unfathomably cursed content in the entire franchise and its hypothetical depiction in an epilogue is terrifying.

Like I legitimately hope that she's one of Nia's descendants, rather than a daughter, because then Nia could just be the last one alive and the game would never actually touch that.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 27, 2022

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now that I’m continuing my glacial progression of the game and unlocking more classes to futz with, what spread of roles have people been running with? I feel like for a lot of the time I could drop down to one defender for another attacker pretty easily at this point in things.

E: though that might mess with chain attacks I suppose.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Also chapter 7 side story:
Shania better be loving dead for good for Christ sake. worst character in the franchise, worse than tatsu. Every second of backstory was a struggle not to hold the X button.

I just absolutely don't get this. Her backstory makes total sense and yea she's gone mad but it's super realistic. Someone posted a thing about it that made total sense but it's not like the game doesn't ram home why she's mad. It even fits super well with the entire theme of the game!

Taear fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 27, 2022

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I did this exact same thing.

Thirded. I was so confused how I missed exploring that bridge.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's no other Gormotti type character on the Agnian side with a core crystal right? That seemed like a pretty big sign from early in the game, before we ever get a glimpse of the queen of Agnus.

turn off the TV posted:

Mio/Noah meeting her JRPG Mormon dad and her mom's sister wives would be the most unfathomably cursed content in the entire franchise and its hypothetical depiction in an epilogue is terrifying.

Like I legitimately hope that she's one of Nia's descendants, rather than a daughter, because then Nia could just be the last one alive and the game would never actually touch that.

I just don't see this happening for a number of reasons. The main being that the Xeno series going back to 'gears is pretty conservative when it comes to relationships, and characters who break with traditional conventions tend to be villains.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Mea Tulpa posted:

There's no other Gormotti type character on the Agnian side with a core crystal right? That seemed like a pretty big sign from early in the game, before we ever get a glimpse of the queen of Agnus.

I just don't see this happening for a number of reasons. The main being that the Xeno series going back to 'gears is pretty conservative when it comes to relationships, and characters who break with traditional conventions tend to be villains.

Did...did you play Xenoblade 2?

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I can't argue that the ending in that one certainly raised a few questions.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mea Tulpa posted:

I see that you're posting from the timeline where (ending spoilers) two of the husbands were just off screen so their wives and babies could get a group shot with just the original party.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 27, 2022

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I'm reserving judgment over a game that was written as "lots of boobs but no icky stuff," like the whole plot was something Rex daydreamed to himself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i think a group of people who all love each other being in a poly relationship is fine and not 'weird sister wives' and 'the most horrifying moment in the franchise'

nia cares a ton about pyra and mythra too, and she obviously likes rex. so like, whats the horror here.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

personally i think a group of people who all love each other being in a poly relationship is fine and not 'weird sister wives' and 'the most horrifying moment in the franchise'

nia cares a ton about pyra and mythra too, and she obviously likes rex. so like, whats the horror here.

:emptyquote:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Endorph posted:

XC2/3 ending poo poo: There is absolutely nothing remotely hinting that Pyra, Mythra or Nia had any romantic feelings for one another in Xenoblade 2, or that they ever would. They did, however, actually feel romantic attraction towards Rex. So if it's one man, who is romantically involved with three women, and those three women aren't romantically involved with each other, then that's sister wives poo poo. XC2 is already weeb fantasy bait about a 15 year old getting a hot anime babe girlfriends, it getting an actual harem ending is not surprising.

And even if they did all miraculously fall in love with each other off screen for some reason, that's also weird as gently caress because Pyra and Mythra are basically sisters. I have absolutely zero faith that Xenoblade would handle any of it in a way that does not make me want to instantly die. The brief moment in Xenoblade 2 that depicts a hypothetical scenario of Rex living with Pyra and Mythra was already nightmarish enough.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
oh i get it now it's jealousy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

XC2/3 ending poo poo: There is absolutely nothing remotely hinting that Pyra, Mythra or Nia had any romantic feelings for one another in Xenoblade 2, or that they ever would. They did, however, actually feel romantic attraction towards Rex. So if it's one man, who is romantically involved with three women, and those three women aren't romantically involved with each other, then that's sister wives poo poo. XC2 is already weeb fantasy bait about a 15 year old getting a hot anime babe girlfriends, it getting an actual harem ending is not surprising.

And even if they did all miraculously fall in love with each other off screen for some reason, that's also weird as gently caress because Pyra and Mythra are basically sisters. I have absolutely zero faith that Xenoblade would handle any of it in a way that does not make me want to instantly die. The brief moment in Xenoblade 2 that depicts a hypothetical scenario of Rex living with Pyra and Mythra was already nightmarish enough.

i mean mythra and nia especially have a few pretty strong bonding scenes, its not exactly unthinkable for that to have turned into romance. and honestly i saw way more girls into xc2 than xc1, ive never really bought the argument that its sole audience is horny teenage boys despite the designs.

and pyra and mythra arent really sisters in any meaningful sense, they cant exactly be blood related, they didn't like, 'grow up together,' and pyra's a distinct entity from mythra. pyra's more like a clone, but with a different appearance and identity, so basically not a clone and just a separate person with a completely different personality.

and even if you have an issue with the pyra and mythra thing anyway its also pretty irrelevant to the nia conversation because regardless of if nia was involved or not those two would still have to be involved with rex at the same time just due to how xb2 is written, there's no getting around that. so adding or subtracting nia doesnt change that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Taear posted:

I just absolutely don't get this. Her backstory makes total sense and yea she's gone mad but it's super realistic. Someone posted a thing about it that made total sense but it's not like the game doesn't ram home why she's mad. It even fits super well with the entire theme of the game!

I have zero sympathy for her. Oh no a couple of people were kind of mean to her, sometimes. I'm going to try to join the flame clock system where I have to kill to live, then kill every single person in the city I grew up in and cackle like the god drat joker then kill myself. Then come back to life and go try and kill all of them again. Cry me a fuckin river

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Leathal posted:

https://github.com/RoccoDev/xc3-difficulty-unlocker

Bringer of Chaos mode is already in the base game along with custom difficulty settings. The linked mod unlocks them.

Mostly looking forward to playing NG+ with a functional debuffing class since there’s a debuff resist setting now.

Thanks for signal boosting this! Tried compiling a custom version from source but was unsuccessful. Thankfully the author was extremely responsive and helpful; they fixed one issue I ran into and provided an easy workaround for the other. For anyone interested, full details are in this GitHub thread.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It is really cool to see the raw data behind the difficulty choices

Prowler
May 24, 2004

If you need it to rain, you can always go to Splishsplash instead of Pitterpatter. They're more convenient, and the rain carries over between regions when you fast travel. The question mark just won't appear until after you travel.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have zero sympathy for her. Oh no a couple of people were kind of mean to her, sometimes. I'm going to try to join the flame clock system where I have to kill to live, then kill every single person in the city I grew up in and cackle like the god drat joker then kill myself. Then come back to life and go try and kill all of them again. Cry me a fuckin river

When the person constantly ruining your life is your mother, and the person who you think is ruining your life (likely as a byproduct of said mother) is your idol, that tends to cause problems with you, guy

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

In case anyone is trying to clear the collectopedia, a dataminer found that one of the gogol items (gogol vuaga) is apparently unobtainable for now. I gave up trying to find it and had to look on google.

There are two collectapedia entries that require the item, and one can't be cleared with nopon coins. Normally it would be collectible when a gogol tosses fruit on the ground, and if you're in postgame Melia will comment about stupid gogols. Hope the issue gets patched out in an update.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

turn off the TV posted:

Rex, Pyra, Mythra, and Nia rule and deserve the best, I am happy for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's really sad that by Xenoblade 3, (ending)

Nia has lost everybody, except Poppi. And even if Mio is (probably) her daughter, the relationship there's gonna be weird because there's prolly no way she was able to take care of her daughter for more than a few years before her big seal