Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If you're suckin' on a dick
don't stop sucking
don't look back, keep on suckin'
you might get done, before your dad comes home

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That director Mike guy must have been the worst guest they've ever had. Luckily Adam and Nick were on point.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Adam was always the best part of cum town and we all always hated Stav, right guys?

Sincere reply: it's a classic "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"; as part of an ensemble, Stav worked. But on his own I have no interest in the material he's doing or the formats he's pursuing. Retrospectively, within the project he probably had the weakest 'character' and on his own contributed the fewest actual funny bits (one of his last appearances opens with him just saying "pussy pussy pussy pussy"- is that funny at all?) but it'd be ludicrous to say everyone hated him, his laugh particularly was an integral part of the show, like Ed McMahon. With the garbage he's peddling now (those clips, oof madon :ughh:) I'm sure he'll be very successful going mainstream.

cis american life
May 20, 2021
i hope we get fewer boring guests and more monologue

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
The car guy not knowing that oj was in a bronco was good

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

cis american life posted:

i hope we get fewer boring guests and more monologue

I'm an ep behind partly because this Mike Bilandic guy is thoroughly uncompelling

cis american life
May 20, 2021
the rcr guys are nowhere near as terrible but it was still a kinda boring ep imo

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

🍻 HA HA HA

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

yeah that wasnt very good. also adam is a funny guy but he just grinds things to a halt constantly lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Nick and Adam should get one of those little chinese grandparent cars and drive around manhattan together

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sphyre posted:

🍻 HA HA HA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ben shapino posted:

yeah that wasnt very good. also adam is a funny guy but he just grinds things to a halt constantly lol

Sincere post in the not cumtown thread. Nick is obviously very funny and probably the main reason people listen, Adam is also really funny, but they basically need a Stav to keep up the energy. Stav was the least funny of any of them, but his energy really kind of ramped up everything and also served as a "stop" function when a bit wasn't working.

I don't think they need Stav, but they need to figure the dynamic out more because the average ep of TAFS is about 1/4th as funny as cumtown. The show hinges way too much on the guests being able to keep pace right now and most of them can't. And if there is no guest both Nick and Adam will keep doing a bit for 10 minutes that should have lasted 30 seconds.

I'm sure if they have the Chapo guys, Ian or whatever on it'll still be great, but they really need a replacement stav or something. Just someone who knows when to laugh and groan at the right times.

I'm not hating or anything. It's still good and I'm still gonna listen but it's pretty obvious they are still figuring out what the hell they are going to do with it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nah you're right, cumtown had a dynamic that worked and the hosts knew it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they're not going to hire you!!!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

I'm an ep behind partly because this Mike Bilandic guy is thoroughly uncompelling

I liked that episode, I got a good kick out of Nick asking him questions and then immediately interrupting him

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they should have david cross on again

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

wrong bitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hell yeah dude

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

Sincere post in the not cumtown thread. Nick is obviously very funny and probably the main reason people listen, Adam is also really funny, but they basically need a Stav to keep up the energy. Stav was the least funny of any of them, but his energy really kind of ramped up everything and also served as a "stop" function when a bit wasn't working.

I don't think they need Stav, but they need to figure the dynamic out more because the average ep of TAFS is about 1/4th as funny as cumtown. The show hinges way too much on the guests being able to keep pace right now and most of them can't. And if there is no guest both Nick and Adam will keep doing a bit for 10 minutes that should have lasted 30 seconds.

I'm sure if they have the Chapo guys, Ian or whatever on it'll still be great, but they really need a replacement stav or something. Just someone who knows when to laugh and groan at the right times.

I'm not hating or anything. It's still good and I'm still gonna listen but it's pretty obvious they are still figuring out what the hell they are going to do with it.

Counterpoint: the Dracula episode was one of the best things they've done in years and not just for the visual stuff.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They should combine TAFS with Bein Ian to make a four person superpod

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bein ian is loving hilarious and he has the infectious laughter the pod is needing. if y'all are starved please watch a couple

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Bein’ Ian makes me think of the best parts of The Todd Glass Show, which I loved for a long time before it stopped being good. The laughter is infectious and it’s a total good vibes listen. I had been listening in reverse order and in episode 1 he and his friend Tim spend at least a full minute at some point laughing and struggling to breathe without saying anything just because they completely broke each other.

I don’t think it could ever sustain its own thread, but this should always be viewed as the unofficial Bein’ Ian appreciation thread.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'd like to point out that the reason he and his bud couldn't speak from wheezing in ep 1 was because of a very graphic rendition of Mr. Hands

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

How is this even remotely true. Adam would lose his confidence half way through a cumtown riff.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Adam loses his confidence halfway through every second sentence out of his mouth lol

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
alright I've listened to 1 and a half eps of Ian's pod and it's hilarious. them calling ians mom and her telling them how ian would cry in the mirror was the best bit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gone Fashing posted:

alright I've listened to 1 and a half eps of Ian's pod and it's hilarious. them calling ians mom and her telling them how ian would cry in the mirror was the best bit

thank you. him turning beet loving red when jordan called him an attention whore since childhood was the funniest thing i've seen on the internet all year

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1563593786604761088?s=21&t=HRtpDEGFXGw7qORoKXNazA

this is the most horrifically smoothed face tune poo poo I’ve seen

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its very funny to me that ian got an actual acclaimed musician to professionally record his theme song but now he wants to chnge it because he thinks it makes him sound like the wrong kind of gay

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lmao at the guest in the first ep of bein Ian calling him the honeycombs mascot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

its very funny to me that ian got an actual acclaimed musician to professionally record his theme song but now he wants to chnge it because he thinks it makes him sound like the wrong kind of gay

that's a bit dammit

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Listen. The less time I have to listen to The Lumineers the better.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

dorium posted:

Listen. The less time I have to listen to The Lumineers the better.

Lmao so I noticed this the other day. In the first episode, the credits say "Theme Song by: The Lumineers". Same in episode two. Then in episode 3 it changes to "Theme Song by: Wesley Schultz from The Lumineers". And I cracked up thinking of Ian getting a call from the guy and being told "look . . . we have contracts and poo poo, you can't just say THE BAND did the song for you" and Ian freaking out all apologetic.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ian definitely said he’d suck off the singer of the lumineers to make it up to him.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
People typing thesis letters in the tags thread

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kolby posted:

People typing thesis letters in the tags thread

mfer said tags

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
God dammit I haven't typed in tafs enough for my phone to know. That will change

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

the best bit possible from Cum Town breaking apart is Ian rising from the ashes, so i whole heartedly support Bein Ian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think the show is gonna end this year