Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:yooge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I'm like three hours into Soul Hackers 2 and I'm really enjoying it. I think the music is especially good and the combat system is like a slightly simpler Persona press-turn system mixed with a more typical JRPG battle system.

I'm very happy that the game is supposed to be a somewhat svelte 30ish hours long. I think the 20-30 hour JRPG is a cozy experience.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Jokes on you I want to spend more money then I have to!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The lady doth protest too much

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

when i walk into a gamestop buy 2 get 1 free sale with my birthday card money

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
The big deal with Soul Hackers 2 is that it's the first Atlus game on Xbox since like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on the 360 almost 8 full years ago. Before they announced the Persona ports, it seemed like the best chance to show Atlus that there's an audience here.

Big bummer if it's not doing well but it isn't as big of a deal now that P5R is coming in two months. Really hope that one does well, but the Game Pass deal is hopefully a sign that everybody is willing to play ball regardless.

I haven't had the time to start SH2 yet, but it looks like you get a PC version along with your Xbox purchase, which is nice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It is a cross play/cross buy, which is neato.

Its honestly a pretty fun game, its just not persona 5 in terms of hype and name

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Looks like cross save too. Xbox are going hard on that "you're at the center" philosophy of making your games and saves go with you wherever. It's awesome and I hope they manage to get cloud licenses in the mix too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
SH2 has gone up a few ranks in the top paid list, but is still surrounded by rather old indie games and well behind Darksiders III. Sorted to RPG and Single Player

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thanks. Keep us posted, preferably hourly if possible.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

American McGay posted:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Saints Row is now the #2 game on Xbox after Madden

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dehry posted:

Saints Row is now the #2 game on Xbox after Madden

Cool. Maybe they'll make enough money to finish it then

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Cool. Maybe they'll make enough money to finish it then

Madden has been unfinished for over a decade :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I actually put some time into Tunic today and found out I could upgrade my stats with all the items I've had sitting in my inventory. Still need to find the grappling hook.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
what's at the top of the xbox rankings this hour?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Still Madden

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

1glitch0 posted:

what's at the top of the xbox rankings this hour?

Knack

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not even knack 2. Shacking my dang head

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The guy that designed knack also made the ps5 huge

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How does Europe rank, can't imagine Madden is anywhere near the top on this side of the world. Are these rankings global?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's definitely different region by region, and I'm not entirely sure it's in any specific order of popularity.

The first two rows of "Top Paid Games" in the on-console store app in Australia:
Saints Row
GTAV Premium
Far Cry 6
MX vs ATV All Out
FIFA 22
Assassin's Creed (Back Compat)
Monopoly Plus
CarX Drift Racing Online
Madden 23
Cult of the Lamb
Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle
Far Cry 2 (Back Compat)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dehry posted:

SH2 has gone up a few ranks in the top paid list, but is still surrounded by rather old indie games and well behind Darksiders III. Sorted to RPG and Single Player

What is SH2?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Silent Hill 2

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

MarcusSA posted:

What is SH2?

If I can effectively distill it: shin megami tensei lite.

Edit: sh2 is Soul Hackers 2. A spin off of smt

otter fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 28, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I can't wait to play persona in november. Maybe I'll hate it but I've heard about it for so long

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

I can't wait to play persona in november. Maybe I'll hate it but I've heard about it for so long

I think it's actually coming out in October. If you have any interests in JRPG as a genre at all I think it's worth playing, although I personally have friends who love JRPGs who were heavily put off by the social sim stuff

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

The Kins posted:

The first two rows of "Top Paid Games" in the on-console store app in Australia:

GTAV Premium

How is "GTAV" different from "GTAV premium"? Or is this just that card shark bundle bs again :psyduck: it feels like Rockstar is succeeding in wringing money from a dried stone at this point.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

there's a bundle that starts you off with some pre-bought properties in Online so you don't need the extra millions to do their associated missions where you move poo poo around randomly chosen locations. imagine if radiant quests in TES had a paywall

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The last thing I remember doing in gta5 was the heists, they were a lot of fun but the roaming multiplayer was extremely toxic.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the MP heists can have insanely good cinematic moments once your separate roles start brushing past each other (like passing a helicopter you all had to steal before, executing another part of the plan) and doing them start to finish with one group is hella satisfying

just hard to coordinate the availability of four adults for a multi-stage mission like this :smith:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also there isn't any checkpointing to speak of and gta online is pretty brutal about sudden player deaths

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

the MP heists can have insanely good cinematic moments once your separate roles start brushing past each other (like passing a helicopter you all had to steal before, executing another part of the plan) and doing them start to finish with one group is hella satisfying

just hard to coordinate the availability of four adults for a multi-stage mission like this :smith:

Yeah we had a steady group but it still took us several months to do all the heists. When we finally pulled one off it was exhilarating though.

Is Payday 2 as much fun as that?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Yeah we had a steady group but it still took us several months to do all the heists. When we finally pulled one off it was exhilarating though.

Is Payday 2 as much fun as that?

I played a ton of Payday 2 and some of the heists were well done, but I'd probably only go into it now with a group of friends rather than trying it solo or with pubbies. It has some cool stealth/oh poo poo I hosed up/gently caress it we're going loud moments, and some cool risk/reward mechanics.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm baked as gently caress and I'm playing Ninja Garden Black for the first time in years, in 4k on my series x. Xbox stays winning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

I'm baked as gently caress and I'm playing Ninja Garden Black for the first time in years, in 4k on my series x. Xbox stays winning

Are you good or do you suck at it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

Are you good or do you suck at it

Bout to finish chapter 1, I'll post a screen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I suck at it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I'm actually disappointed because I just did this in Sigma and got Master Ninja. The only game in the series I've actually beaten is OG Xbox Ninja Gaiden, because it was probably the hardest game I've ever played and I just never had the energy to do it again. But here I am back at it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They need to give us Nioh 1 and 2 Series X Enhanced Edition please God. Both games are so hamstrung by the ps4 lol. I have the PC copies but I have a 960 so it's actually slightly worse than console.