Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/shrunkenmarcus/status/1556445068038381568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/dbrownisawful/status/1557019005113753601?s=20&t=uDU-AegimLr3EVR3oxX1oQ

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I guess that’s why it’s an Italian beef shop and not a polish joint.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look, I’m uncomfortable about this whole bear thing.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I just started watching Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell and it took me an episode or two to figure out where I recognized Satan from

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Ralph Hurley posted:

I just started watching Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell and it took me an episode or two to figure out where I recognized Satan from

Matt Servito is so funny on that show, his comedic timing is flawless.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

He really steals the show, from the first scene he’s in it’s like oh poo poo

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's the Sopranos actor who seemed to be in the most stuff post show. He was in Banshee, where he was fine. Hard to stand out in a show with kung fu Amish ,9 foot tall native guys and a drag queem super hacker.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He started his own personal mosh pit at the ‘19 con while Alabama 3 was playing a set.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He started his own personal mosh pit at the ‘19 con while Alabama 3 was playing a set.

YOUR OWN

PERSONAL

MOSH PIT

GO AHEAD AND BRING A FRIEND

SOMEONE TO SLAM

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Ralph Hurley posted:

gently caress, that parasite he picked up in Pakistan really did a number on him

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Don’t eat that pepper!!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I didn't previously have an opinion on Variety, until they allowed someone to publish a list of the worst TV finales of all time and placed the Sopranos at the top of the list. Unthinkable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm pretty sure that's a war crime :stare:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

codo27 posted:

I didn't previously have an opinion on Variety, until they allowed someone to publish a list of the worst TV finales of all time and placed the Sopranos at the top of the list. Unthinkable

That list also includes Mad Men and Dinosaurs so obviously is not to be taken seriously.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What would they consider a GOOD series finale?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

Deadwood s3 I assume.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

stev posted:

That list also includes Mad Men and Dinosaurs so obviously is not to be taken seriously.

I was reading/posting in the Mad Men threads on SA when Mad Men ended and a lot of people in that thread sure treated it as one of the worst finales ever. I don't want to say any more until Jerusalem finishes the series but it felt like a lot of people in that thread forgot what show they were watching, or were maybe never paying attention in the first place.\\

Dawgstar posted:

As of 2019: https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/best-series-finales-the-americans-breaking-bad-30-rock-1203221391/#!

In fairness there are some good ones on here (The Americans, 30 Rock, MASH) though including Happy Endings is wild to me because it's not even a finale, the show just got canceled. And it wasn't even one of the stronger Happy Endings episodes that season!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I don't know about the actual final episodes but for as much as I love the Sopranos and Mad Men, I was kind of tuned out for the last couple seasons of both shows the first time I watched them. I think I just lost interested in / got sick of a lot of the main characters after watching them stuck in their respective ruts for so long. The Wire's finale was probably the most exciting / satisfying for me just because I was still really into the show at that point. The Americans and Breaking Bad wore out a little for me in their last seasons too. Four-to-five seasons feels like about right for most shows if you want them to end on a really high note.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Stay out of trouble!!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
People are crackheads Mad Men's finale owned and they managed to give pretty much every member of the ensemble a good sendoff

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Mameluke posted:

People are crackheads Mad Men's finale owned and they managed to give pretty much every member of the ensemble a good sendoff

Everyone except Sal. Disappeared off the face of the earth in season 3 and never to return. They did him dirty! :mad:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Shield is still prob my favorite ending even if show itself wasnt quite as good as Sopranos, The Americans, Etc..

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I give the prize for best ending to Six Feet Under

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
A show I mostly disliked in real time but won me over with the finale: Malcolm in the Middle

A recent show I was getting impatient with but I felt redeemed itself with the finale: Better Call Saul

Did this thread discuss The Many Saints of Newark? I feel like having the question resolved of whether or not Tony dies does retroactively hurt the finale a little bit (if we are to assume the last scene is when he died, as opposed to a later, unseen event)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It didn't resolve that question though?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/TheSopranosClub/status/1563792230724280320

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's a shame. And it's true, I always think he's in way more episodes than he actually is, but the character did probably his story with the whole 'hang out with Tony' episode.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Did this thread discuss The Many Saints of Newark? I feel like having the question resolved of whether or not Tony dies does retroactively hurt the finale a little bit (if we are to assume the last scene is when he died, as opposed to a later, unseen event)

It did and the movie sucked hard.

I've tried to watch it twice but bailed both times. It's astonishingly amateurish in so many ways that it's hard to believe how many of the show's creators worked on it. Bad acting wasn't something I expected either given some of the cast but it's there, along with some pretty bad writing. I can't think of a single good thing to say about to be honest. It even looks cheap and lacks the show's use of humor.

"Confirming" whether Tony dying or not doesn't effect me because I'm already hard line that he definitely got killed in the finale.

RIP, Cooze

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope tony got that thing he was holding on to back

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

banned from Starbucks posted:

The Shield is still prob my favorite ending even if show itself wasnt quite as good as Sopranos, The Americans, Etc..

Reccomended the Shield to someone a little while ago and the anti-vax stuff in it really didn't age well. Can totally picture Vic in a maga hat screaming MY BODY MY CHOICE

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Reccomended the Shield to someone a little while ago and the anti-vax stuff in it really didn't age well. Can totally picture Vic in a maga hat screaming MY BODY MY CHOICE

Honestly Vic would 100% be a MAGA anti-vaxx guy.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i mean, he is a cop

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I need to get around to checking out The Shield one day.

I've heard good things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BiggerBoat posted:

I've heard good things.

I keep thinking about it but Kurt Sutter's involvement puts me off.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I've heard good things.

Right there with you, but each of the three times I've tried I run into the 'FX couldn't decide whether or not to devote budget' dilemma. It's the same slog as Justified-- people rave about it but it comes off like a soap opera made by producers who skimmed the wikipedia entry for 'Prestige Drama'.

E: I hope to be corrected!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I didn't hate Many Saints of Newark, but promoting it as a prequel that explains anything about Tony was a huge mistake. I just enjoyed dipping back into the world and watching Paulie be a prissy motherfucker even back then.

also, it had "AW COOL, A HAMBURGA"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Shield is amazing, just lean into the comedy of the Kurt Sutter edge lord stuff. Micheal Chiklis and Walton Goggins have incredible chemistry.

Of course, I haven't seen it in a dozen years and it's a total white man power fantasy about a cop breaking all the rules but Vic Mackey gets results damnit!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Another Bill posted:

The Shield is amazing, just lean into the comedy of the Kurt Sutter edge lord stuff. Micheal Chiklis and Walton Goggins have incredible chemistry.

Of course, I haven't seen it in a dozen years and it's a total white man power fantasy about a cop breaking all the rules but Vic Mackey gets results damnit!

And yet, somehow, against more ambiguous and to be honest better series, Vic Mackey is the guy who gets what he richly deserves at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I give the prize for best ending to Six Feet Under

Definitely an all-timer.