Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

sorry, is this forums user spoonfulofbromide who was obsessed with shredded moose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fun hater posted:

sorry, is this forums user spoonfulofbromide who was obsessed with shredded moose

...the c-tier gaming webcomic?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

fun hater posted:

Doesn't appear that way unless they got a bunch of help (and good for them if so)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the username was so similar it made my head spin

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dawgstar posted:

...the c-tier gaming webcomic?
Yeah. It was a whole thing where they tried to make their own web comic and as a completely unrelated consequence of it we got this emote: :goku:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

fun hater posted:

:psyduck: I know it’s a small world but having caught up on the goon saga thread and having been there in real time for spoonful’s uh, unique mark here just…. :psyduck:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hostile V posted:

Yeah. It was a whole thing where they tried to make their own web comic and as a completely unrelated consequence of it we got this emote: :goku:

I thought that emote was in reference to the poster named gokupants. Was his username a reference to that webcomic too? :aaaaa:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I thought that emote was in reference to the poster named gokupants. Was his username a reference to that webcomic too? :aaaaa:

It's not from the webcomic per se.

A goon trolled spoonfulofbromide by constantly drawing goku's pants in the thread where they were looking for an artist for their shredded moose reboot and the reactions were pretty funny at the time. It's very much an old forums saga by this point. Spoonfulofbromide is the goku pants goon in the same way The White Crane is the small pastries guy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1560289250465161222?t=qQ6ol9VfUL2sP-x0sYNbZA&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/sim0njess/status/1563321594872598528?s=21&t=pt3K57s1CVtEWRnFTOKBPg

https://twitter.com/jorge_molinam/status/1563529011321483265?s=21&t=pt3K57s1CVtEWRnFTOKBPg

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I struggle to believe the second one is real- a grocery bag with "tamales" written on it? was it a deliberate sabotage as protest? I can't imagine an editor going "yes, that is appropriate, ship it"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If they're not eating chimichangas how will we know they're hispanic?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bruceski posted:

It helpfully also says Mexico on the bag.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?s=20&t=lTlGi7lLsXOiNSQDMjRi2g

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait did DC genuinely get someone else to adjust a dude's artwork to be more racist?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Wait did DC genuinely get someone else to adjust a dude's artwork to be more racist?

No, he changed his own art at their request but left his signature off the changed version. Sounds like as a protest.

This is what he posted a couple months ago:

https://twitter.com/jorge_molinam/status/1538945587575504897

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 27, 2022

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ImpAtom posted:

My go-to for this will always be (and god do I hate how I can't find articles on this because of all the sites that have been killed since that era) re-editing Milestone Forever's frame pages to add more graffiti and removing quotes that might be too inflammatory? I believe those were the final changes by editorial.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Him referring to it at the time as "legal issues" is interesting, I can't imagine it would be considered an infringement of the Camerena piece.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Bruceski posted:

what’s worse is that at least three more covers are just “superheroes with Mexican food”

https://twitter.com/travisbhill5/status/1563583215746830336?s=21&t=KQKRmCmN3EDL-Lgg7I9q4A

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/ramonvillalobos/status/1563627808416403456?s=21&t=KsNvL2_qREUplSz2HW7HWw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is Hawkgirl considered Latina? I mean fair enough if so.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Thanagarians are the Puerto Ricans of space.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dawgstar posted:

Is Hawkgirl considered Latina? I mean fair enough if so.

Since like 1999, yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't see the issue. When I draw white people I make sure they are holding hot dogs and dishes of tater tot casserole, the food of our people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

Since like 1999, yeah.

Yeah, fair, it occurred I didn't actually have any idea who was Hawkgirl right now. I read some of that Snyder JLA but I couldn't tell a thing about it save they tried to push Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter as a couple although he forgot to include stuff like 'basic chemistry' or 'talking to each other very much.'

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't see the issue. When I draw white people I make sure they are holding hot dogs and dishes of tater tot casserole, the food of our people.
Clark Kent just flying into battle with a plate of shrimp casserole.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

what’s worse is that at least three more covers are just “superheroes with Mexican food”

https://twitter.com/travisbhill5/status/1563583215746830336?s=21&t=KQKRmCmN3EDL-Lgg7I9q4A

Oh, I understand the confusion. Hispanic Heritage Month was a last-second change-DC editorial thought until the week of that they were getting an extended promotional deal with Qdoba.

edit: seriously I think editorial must have for some reason mandated "you must include the character enjoying hispanic food"- there's no other way for me to read that set of covers.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 28, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

at least have one of the characters holding giant cartoonish rodizio skewers, there must be at least one Brazilian in the DC universe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hostile V posted:

Clark Kent just flying into battle with a plate of shrimp casserole.[/s]*

*Beef Boogeryawn with Ketchup.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Alaois posted:

at least have one of the characters holding giant cartoonish rodizio skewers, there must be at least one Brazilian in the DC universe

Fire (Beatriz Bonilla DaCosta) is Brazilian.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Fire (Beatriz Bonilla DaCosta) is Brazilian.

See thats perfect she can be grilling the meat with her fire powers

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Superman's Diner cannot out-compete Taqueria Goku.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Batman just carrying a big ole plate of foie gras caviar and truffles that Alfred is literally spoonfeeding him

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: seriously I think editorial must have for some reason mandated "you must include the character enjoying hispanic food"- there's no other way for me to read that set of covers.

Hawkgirl doesn't even get to enjoy it! She's serving it to, presumably, Batman and Green Arrow just off-panel.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hostile V posted:

Clark Kent just flying into battle with a plate of shrimp tater tot casserole.

Where in the world is he going to get shrimp in Kansas? And what if people have shellfish allergies, Ma Kent raised him better than that.

I can’t get over Hawkgirl serving food. DC could have reached out to chef José Andrés*, donated to his nonprofit, and had Hawkgirl helping dish out donated food to people, but heaven forbid we show anything “political” on a comic cover

* I know he’s Spanish but World Central Kitchen has done a lot of action in Central and South America

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 30, 2022

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Where in the world is he going to get shrimp in Kansas?

Wal-mart

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Congrats to Mike Deodato on the steroid use, I guess?

https://twitter.com/mcu_direct/status/1564637167607058434?s=21&t=JaqT_KA0ffSllPFHLF92Fg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've seen more horny posts about Alfred Molina than about Chris Evans. I think that guy might not have his finger on the pulse of what the audience wants.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

But be fair, I'm sure he uses supplements but it still takes a lot of work to have a body like that at 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

He posted that so he could show off the bottom of his asscheeks and we all know it. I demand a refund