Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/118400991417729027/1011983497746980894/tank.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/kobementaiity/status/1561506771205853184?s=21&t=ig5lZCETjTEaeZvUhZkkag

https://twitter.com/filthyfins/status/1561390751807938561?s=21&t=dpcC3A7uYsy5YPH18nv5WQ

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

omg these are hilarious. htf can your own team trip you, that's so weird.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think I'd actually watch football if there was a traitor/saboteur element

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
they say it the worst, but just wait untill next year?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I am not a footballiteer, can someone tell me what's wrong there?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PhazonLink posted:

they say it the worst, but just wait untill next year?

It'll be the same game but with some of the bugs fixed.

The Lone Badger posted:

In video one, a man is invulnerable to tackles while he is doing a canned animation that should only happen when play stops, and then continues the play to a touchdown.

In video two, a man controlled by the player is tripped by a teammate controlled by the game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

In the first clip the person intercepts the ball and gets up to celebrate, but the play is still going. He is apparently invincible and cannot be tackled while in the celebration animation, and once it's done he runs it back for a score.

In the second clip, the player's own teammate trips him. You shouldn't trip your own teammates!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

This is what games looked like right before your 360 red ringed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

is there a way to tell twitter to load videos in their correct resolution from the start instead of the first half of the video being dogshit quality?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No. There’s no way to get them to not buffer 1/3 into the video either.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm still hoping for a way to get them not to have auto generated captions that get in the way of whatever subtitles the video's creator already put there

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

is there a way to tell twitter to load videos in their correct resolution from the start instead of the first half of the video being dogshit quality?

Twitter's video codecs suck, but they suck for defensible reasons. The assumption is that you're viewing your timeline, and scrolling past poo poo at high speed. So they don't want to spend a ton of bandwidth sending you autoplaying video that you might not even be watching. The video quality improves about 10s in because they go "oh hey, you're actually paying attention instead of scrolling past this".

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Almost all Twitter videos I try to see will only play for a few seconds before going into a forever-buffering mode. Or if it's not forever, it's definitely longer than I have patience.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

And Randaconda :randstare: watches over it all from prison where he belongs. :pedoranda:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

The ol' Radahn maneuver!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1563683370642685952

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I could watch that all day
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1560618515656331264?s=20&t=9GLWaNYvvpzXNiiKAvGFFg

completely against the rules of football but madden dgaf
https://twitter.com/739erSFaithful/status/1560600159553105921?s=20&t=JvzylnvJdKJUce6S2ltu4A

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Aug 28, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I love the Madden games because they're so bloated with extra features that no one really cares about that they don't actually focus on the football part, and bugs increasingly pile on each other until you get something that's like baby's first physics simulator

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I love the Madden games because they're so bloated with extra features that no one really cares about that they don't actually focus on the football part, and bugs increasingly pile on each other until you get something that's like baby's first physics simulator

Look, the important part is that the in-game marketplace works, and that the graphics for the opening of the trading cards are sufficiently endorphin triggering. That there's a football game to put these in comes later.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Pretty sure there was a goon who wrote some code for Jazz Jackrabbit or Commander Keen or something similar, who gets paid every time a new Madden comes out.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
It gets asked annually but does that goon who wrote some code for like, Madden 94 still get his royalties for the one line they have kept in each game all these iterations?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I thought the NFL had banned telekinesis in football?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Man, American Rules Quiddich is brutal. :ohdear:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why havent these people learn that maybe they shouldnt buy bad gilitchy games?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

PhazonLink posted:

What's the alternative? Go outside and play football?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

I know what happened here! I mean, I have no idea how it happened, but basically the football is still "attached" to the player that's supposed to be carrying it. It's supposed to track to their hand, presumably, but it's been moved off to the side a bit. So it's bobbing around like mad as the player runs around. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to tackle that player, because they "have" the ball, but for whatever reason the bit of code that decides if a player can be tackled doesn't use the same "who has the ball" logic, or something like that, so they can't actually be tackled.

PhazonLink posted:

Madden has exclusive rights to the NFL license in videogames, so if you want to play virtual football with your favorite characters, they're the only option.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This needs Yakety Sax playing over it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I know what happened here! I mean, I have no idea how it happened, but basically the football is still "attached" to the player that's supposed to be carrying it. It's supposed to track to their hand, presumably, but it's been moved off to the side a bit. So it's bobbing around like mad as the player runs around. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to tackle that player, because they "have" the ball, but for whatever reason the bit of code that decides if a player can be tackled doesn't use the same "who has the ball" logic, or something like that, so they can't actually be tackled.

Madden has exclusive rights to the NFL license in videogames, so if you want to play virtual football with your favorite characters, they're the only option.

pretty sure football games peaked with tecmo superhyphen??bowl.

also why attach real life peeps to your game that could milkshakeduck themseleves when you can just have pure digital peeps that are only bad if you make them bad.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Maul not advancing, scrum down.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty sure this is what those cartoon dustcloud fights look like in real life.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

https://twitter.com/Kofie/status/1564436706455011330?t=RzcJglax_pC2j-U13VB8lA&s=19

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is hilarious, but now I want to see the front office as a playable character.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is hilarious, but now I want to see the front office as a playable character.

I want to see a few downs with the office's collision enabled

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

haveblue posted:

I want to see a few downs with the office's collision enabled

https://youtu.be/RzToNo7A-94

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you die in the game you go deaf in real life

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1563613064104394755
https://twitter.com/MoltervXSX/status/1563613701177065473

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:lol: That's the kind of Destiny jank I know and love

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The last time they had an audio bug like that, this was the fix line in the patch notes:

quote:

Fixed an issue where One Thousand Voices would sometimes speak at the volume of One Hundred Thousand Voices

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Audio corruptions are some of my favorite things. I know Vinny's corruption stockpile is cheating but it has the best intersection between football game jank and audio corruption sometimes Timestamped at 10:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I can kinda see this one. If you watch, it looks like he might've gotten knocked over by his own player, which would only end up being a down if he were touched by the opposing team; if the hitboxes never touched, the play would, by Madden's simulation, still be alive.

Still mega dumb, but understandable.