Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Zenostein posted:

There's one in Mondstadt that absolutely requires amber (or a pyro archer, but yomiya didn't exist back then). My general rule of thumb is that for non-repeatable domains, the "recommended element" is actually a "required" element for a puzzle or something. But usually the stumbling block is near enough to the start of a domain that you can just leave without having wasted much time, so they probably didn't think that letting you reconfigure your party was necessary.

A lot of the ones that do require a specific element are story-based and give you the appropriate element character as a 5th part member if you don't have them in your team already, so it is a fairly rare problem to encounter. Extremely annoying when it does happen though, so yeah, treat "recommended" as "required" for story dungeon purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Sanctum posted:

gandlethorpe is a mad scientist.

Welp, using the interactive map I've found only 15 Collei mushrooms. Assuming I farm these every 2-3 days it will take me a month to ascend Collei :( Reminds me of release Ayaka back when there was only the one Inazuma island. But dendro traveler is up to 6/8/9 talents so I have that done. Use their hydro infused burst and avoid the others. I assume the expanded AOE expands the EM buffing field as well.

There is a merchant in the ranger station that sells up to 5 of her promotion item mushroom.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wow this, cutscene(? Uninterruptible gameplay sequence?) is so incredibly long that it took up the entirety of the time period I usually use for genshin and I wasn't even able to finish it. Hopefully it has some sort of like, cutscene checkpoint or something. It's not a bad sequence or anything but wow.

Good thing I don't really care too much about resin anymore because it's definitely gonna cap for a few hours until I have actual free time again.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

avoraciopoctules posted:

There is a merchant in the ranger station that sells up to 5 of her promotion item mushroom.

Can buy 5 every 3 days: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Ashpazi
Conversation option gives 4 shrooms: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Farbod

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seems like you can only get up to lvl 5 Statues right now. I'm pretty sure I have every Dendroculus and I'm at 14/30 through level 5. The rest are somewhere in the desert.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Seems like you can only get up to lvl 5 Statues right now. I'm pretty sure I have every Dendroculus and I'm at 14/30 through level 5. The rest are somewhere in the desert.

yeah you can only get level 4-5 statue, 40% exploration and 4 shrines
the rest will be unlocked with the desert and (presumably) a 3rd map off-world like The Chasm and Enko later on

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 27, 2022

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

There's an Aranara that sells them too, I discovered.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

reached reputation 3. The gadget is instant activation with a 15 second cooldown, instantly harvests all trees close to you. the radius isnt that big; so it has limited potential. Works well with like the bamboo forests in Liyue because the trees are close together

:shrug: 5/10, I'll whip it out from time to time

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Excelzior posted:

reached reputation 3. The gadget is instant activation with a 15 second cooldown, instantly harvests all trees close to you. the radius isnt that big; so it has limited potential. Works well with like the bamboo forests in Liyue because the trees are close together

:shrug: 5/10, I'll whip it out from time to time

Probably works nice in that garden out in the middle of nowhere. Good place to learn that there's more than one sort of tree lol

I hope the rest of these music arches don't all have that same mechanic. Of all the stupid things to lift from a zelda game…

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I really don't like the way the game does chains of unskippable cinemas/dialogue and back to back fights with new mechanics that aren't explained to you without giving you a chance to swap teams. Like the Inazuma back to back boss fights that include completely different elements and a specific gently caress you to teams that rely on elemental skills without giving you a chance to swap in the traveler for a fight that's built around using them.
At least it gives you a free heal on fight.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Coolness Averted posted:

I really don't like the way the game does chains of unskippable cinemas/dialogue and back to back fights with new mechanics that aren't explained to you without giving you a chance to swap teams. Like the Inazuma back to back boss fights that include completely different elements and a specific gently caress you to teams that rely on elemental skills without giving you a chance to swap in the traveler for a fight that's built around using them.
At least it gives you a free heal on fight.

That's why I have been using my Abyss A-team as my overworld team. Everything dies in 10 seconds max.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm definitely into Heizou, but Jesus, even with the interactive map up on my other monitor, collecting these beetles is a massive ballache.

It's ridiculous that you need just as many of them as Xiangling's chilies, which grow in sets of three all over the place.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm definitely into Heizou, but Jesus, even with the interactive map up on my other monitor, collecting these beetles is a massive ballache.

It's ridiculous that you need just as many of them as Xiangling's chilies, which grow in sets of three all over the place.

The cave under the capitol and the one that opens up under the sakura shrine after the cleansing questline are the best places to get 'em, just doing a quick patrol every few days. Yeah it's tedious as hell, and left me unable to play as Itto for the majority of Inazuma, since he consistently lagged a tier or two behind the enemies I was fighting based on world level.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

The cave under the capitol and the one that opens up under the sakura shrine after the cleansing questline are the best places to get 'em, just doing a quick patrol every few days. Yeah it's tedious as hell, and left me unable to play as Itto for the majority of Inazuma, since he consistently lagged a tier or two behind the enemies I was fighting based on world level.

There's a fair few all over the place (sounds like more beetles around than collei mushrooms) but yeah I remember it taking 4+ full respawns before maxing Itto.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good god, when do the Aranara quests end? There are so many! I just did what I thought was finally the end and would would fulfill the "Adventure with Aranara" criteria (the one where you do the area with all three of your Aranara friends' abilities), but nope. Can't find anything else in my log that seems related to the Aranara, so not sure what I'm supposed to do next.

edit: I also finished all the current main quest stuff. It was pretty interesting! Really hoping that it doesn't turn out that the Fatui are manipulating the Sages into doing this experiment, though that's totally going to end up being the case.

Is Kusanali the same race as Klee? Does this mean Klee's mother is also a short little gremlin person, and that "being small" is a characteristic of their race?

I'm also a little surprised that they just outright explained Katherine's deal. It was kind of obvious she's a robot, though I don't get why this is the case or if there's any significance to it being a Snezhnayan robot.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 28, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

look in your aranyaka log in the quest item tab

...and yeah there's a LOT to do

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Coolness Averted posted:

If you pop at the waypoint in the south of Tataratsuna there are two beetle runs from there. One that goes around down the big slope and collects beetles from inside an electro bubble and from a danger tree with a couple of stragglers, and one that goes right for the reactor core, plucks a beetle off the highest rooftop, then descends the reactor shaft grabbing them off the walls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Is Kusanali the same race as Klee? Does this mean Klee's mother is also a short little gremlin person, and that "being small" is a characteristic of their race?

klee's mother, alice, refers to 'their race,' yeah, so presumably her ears are the same as klee's. pulcinella of the fatui harbingers has the same ears and he's also a shorty, so it seems likely.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Lobsterpillar posted:

There's a fair few all over the place (sounds like more beetles around than collei mushrooms) but yeah I remember it taking 4+ full respawns before maxing Itto.

There's actually something like 79 beetles in the overworld, which sounds like a lot, but the fact you need 168 to fully ascend Itto means even picking up every single one still puts you at 3 respawns (since 79*2 is only 158). This also isn't accounting for spawn locations that you might not have available (for example, there's one spot that has like 5 or 6 beetles in it, but it's covered by one of those forcefield things, and you need level 3 electrograna to get through it).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if youre a few short just go to some rando's world and speedrun a few of their beetles. anarchy reigns

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Tighnari is getting pretty decent (currently A4 and level 70); he's at least helpful in battle, even if his talent levels and artifacts still make him a bit weaker compared with other options. It's also a bit harder to gauge his damage due to the way his damage is split up into a bunch of separate numbers. I think his charge attacks are hitting for ~9000 and then a bunch of 2000-3000s?

He definitely makes my Yae Miko feel better. Her turrets are good for periodically doing Electro damage (and she has the benefit over Fischl of also having her powerful burst, that hits for at least 80-100k total).

It helps that I have a number of Wanderer's artifacts with great starting rolls. I have 3 flowers that have crit/cdmg/EM/ER% as their starting stats - can't really go wrong with points going into any of those (I think ER might be the worst for him?). Biggest issue is probably that I obviously don't have any good Dendro goblets. For now I'm using an EM goblet, though I'm wondering if ATK might be better (just because his attack is so low that a single artifact buffing it might have big returns - currently he only has ~1100 attack).

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Just finished The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings. A little awkward in places, and I was really pining for them to do something more substantial with the minigame in the extended sequence towards the end, but overall the atmosphere and character writing was really impressive. Mihoyo really nailed it with a bunch of likeable characters, and I had a great time! :)

I would have liked it if Traveler had connected the dots about the dreamscape sooner... but the slow process of figuring things out did enable solid drama, and help to explore other people's characters. Dehya in particular had some impressive hidden depths. As usual, they did an impressive job making the Archon likeable.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sumeru exploration good. Music is good. Story is good. Best content we've had in... a long while? Ever?

I need a reason to spend more time in Port Ormos.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Ytlaya posted:

Good god, when do the Aranara quests end? There are so many!

I played for like 8 straight hours today to finish these and I'm still technically not done with the notebook. It's content alright.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eleeleth posted:

I played for like 8 straight hours today to finish these and I'm still technically not done with the notebook. It's content alright.

Same, except maybe even a little longer than that.

It's pretty good about getting you to explore everywhere. I'd recommend that people hold off on attempting to fully explore the map until they've done these quests, since IIRC at least a couple teleport points are only accessible through areas unlocked during the quests, as well as a few puzzle mechanics with the songs + the thing that summons your Aranara friends. Trying to figure those out before doing the quests would just lead to confusion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I went so out of order I ran into Sumeru and started unlocking statues and teleport waypoints before starting Collei's quest. I didn't even enter it the correct way to trigger the Haypasia encounter and start all that up.

But that's just because I've been broken by open world games and I hate not having a map I can see because I get turned around and lost in games extremely easily if I'm not playing Yakuza or Control.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think I prefer having explored the map first. It familiarized me with where things were and how most mechanics worked, minus the few story-locked ones. I think I'd be overwhelmed with all the additional things to do for the cute little seed dudes. Now that I'm doing the quests, it's pretty easy to get around.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I ended up climbing up over the Chasm and then backtracking to the new tunnel leading into Sumeru without realizing that it was there to trigger the cutscene of walking into the forest region for the first time. After that it's generally been in order outside of unlocking the Archon Statue before Collei takes me there since I've learned from playing games like FFXIV that half the time poo poo you're supposed to do doesn't unlock properly until the main quest takes you through that region. Spending the first few hours of Sumeru hanging around this one outpost and going on some sort of vision quest is kind of reminding me of the first few hours of Inazuma being holed up in Ritou, but at least I kind of have the option to explore if I really want too. I feel like I'm finally starting to get into the swing of things though. It's still funny that it's been almost 5 days and I've basically only explored like this 400 or so in game meters of one little corner of one region of 5 or so that's not even representative of half of the country, just what's available right now. Granted I haven't really had THAT much time to play the game until last night.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just went full story, the odd bit of exploration here and there but mostly followed the story and ignored all the puzzles and chests along the way, just to have a clean quest log when I go exploring. Done with the Dendroculus and challenges as far as I know, currently sweeping up chests and I'm done with the Aranyaka other than the scavenger hunt and only have the chapter 3 nurseries left unless there's more than six chapters to it. Sumeru rules.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've had Kazuha for a month and a half I think just now is the first time I've seen his full Normal attack string.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
After briefly getting to play with her in her Story Quest, the Almighty Shogun is firmly #1 on my list of 5-stars to look out for. I'll wait for eternity if I have to.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Really impressed with the Archon quest.

Speculation on future: Dottore is going to come up with the cure for Collei and Dunyarzad and everyone else. The price will be the gnosis. Kusanali will pay it for the sake of her people.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Really impressed with the Archon quest.

Speculation on future: Dottore is going to come up with the cure for Collei and Dunyarzad and everyone else. The price will be the gnosis. Kusanali will pay it for the sake of her people.

I don't think Kusnali has her gnosis. The way of it she's controlled by the Akaedymia so I assume it's already not in her possession. She by her own estimate is incredibly weak for an archon, to the point where she couldn't shut down the dream harvesting without help. For something that's controlled by her gnosis, to me that signals it's out of her hands. What I hope is that the Akaedymia is being evil of their own accord, instead of already working with Snezhnaya. Also going off the manga Dottore's cure for eleazar is sticking a fragment of a dead evil god in you, given that's why Collei didn't suffer from it when she was kidnapped.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ytlaya posted:

My Tighnari is getting pretty decent (currently A4 and level 70); he's at least helpful in battle, even if his talent levels and artifacts still make him a bit weaker compared with other options. It's also a bit harder to gauge his damage due to the way his damage is split up into a bunch of separate numbers. I think his charge attacks are hitting for ~9000 and then a bunch of 2000-3000s?

He definitely makes my Yae Miko feel better. Her turrets are good for periodically doing Electro damage (and she has the benefit over Fischl of also having her powerful burst, that hits for at least 80-100k total).

It helps that I have a number of Wanderer's artifacts with great starting rolls. I have 3 flowers that have crit/cdmg/EM/ER% as their starting stats - can't really go wrong with points going into any of those (I think ER might be the worst for him?). Biggest issue is probably that I obviously don't have any good Dendro goblets. For now I'm using an EM goblet, though I'm wondering if ATK might be better (just because his attack is so low that a single artifact buffing it might have big returns - currently he only has ~1100 attack).

Tighnari can get away with lowish ATK because not only does he have his ascension passive giving a damage boost from his EM but Spread also gets a sizable boost from EM. And Spread is his definite best comp.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Trying to mess with my fairly limited selection of artifacts for dendro while farming new domains and the new boss for materials led me to realize that yelan ayato kazuha jean (C2) is actually a very fast and fun team comp that works. Despite yelan missing an artifact and jean just having a mashed together set of stats because I don't have enough noblesse to go around.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
That was probably the worst way to start an archon quest, it's kind of impressive. There was So Much Immersion when I finally saw Sumeru. gently caress off lol

e: first person Paimon sees she starts screaming at. Guess I'm not gonna hear what Dehya sounds like

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Any loremasters know who this Zandik is?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Archon quest so good. Even the Tighnari and Haitham part 1 was a big improvement, let alone part 2. I remember there used to be arguments about what the best region was... well, there won't be any more.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Is the Aranara questline the first time we've learned about something specific the sibling did 500+ years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Sweet baby jesus this sabzeruz quest just doesnt loving end. Like I'm glad I didnt have any other plans this evening because this has been a long shift.