Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
HA HA HA 🤣🤣🤣

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
thanks guys

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

goddamn matt's shorts are amazing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i say swears online posted:

midwestern excellence

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

can you give us some more fanfiction about the internal lives of podcasters, we're all on the edge of our seats to learn what the mcelroys think about matt christman

I think I found the type of fanfaction you are looking for.

https://medium.com/@chapotraphousesyria/chapo-trap-house-made-an-agreement-to-not-talk-about-syria-704aa1e9379d

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Funko pop

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

im 5'11 and if i weighed 180 id be either jacked or visibly a fatty

It's definitely noticably overweight if you're used to being a normal/healthy weight, but you'll likely not be "obviously fat" with a shirt on (which is generally how people see each other). So if you are, or used to be, fat yourself, it'll probably feel distinctly "not fat" to you. And it's a simple leap in logic/perception to then think "if someone weighs 30lb less than me (at around my height) they must be malnourished!"

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Liz being an unironic controlled demolition believer during the 9/11 series was fail, also so was their guest.

I see how people arrive at that conclusion, even though it's dumb. It's basically the result of two things:

- Default distrust in the mainstream narrative (reasonable)
- A "common sense" understanding that "this seems impossible, or at least highly unlikely"

Of course, the problem in this case is that it's not merely doubting the mainstream narrative - it's directly proposing an alternate narrative that is at least as unlikely as the mainstream one.

I actually do think it's reasonable that there may have been some way to ensure the towers fell, since that seems necessary to get what Bush/Rumsfeld/etc wanted out of the event. So merely proving "the planes could have caused the buildings to fall" doesn't actually prove they did. But that's more of "a reason to think there might be other stuff we don't know" than to go all in on a separate and pretty extreme conspiracy.

My personal feeling is that the event was probably "planned" similarly to the way the FBI does with various other terrorism/shootings.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

discussion is welcome but never forget who did 9/11

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The only thing I’ll say about the True Anon 9/11 series is this poorly done paraphrase from that incredibly dumb guest:

“Yo all the best research I’ve found about 9/11 comes from this great resource that has a great timeline of how it all fits together and the site’s not like up a lot of the time, but if you can get there, great resource.”

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the moment they unironically brought out the jet fuel steel beams tier misunderstanding of steel strength i just stopped listening to those 9/11 eps, absolutely insane

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shipon posted:

the moment they unironically brought out the jet fuel steel beams tier misunderstanding of steel strength i just stopped listening to those 9/11 eps, absolutely insane

sorry about your precious steel “knowledge” :qq:

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

oh i repped it in TAFS thread but if y'all haven't seen it bein' ian is actually very good

wheres the tafs thread?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Ingalls posted:

wheres the tafs thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4005568&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I actually do think it's reasonable that there may have been some way to ensure the towers fell, since that seems necessary to get what Bush/Rumsfeld/etc wanted out of the event.

I never understood this line of thinking. People were calling for war the moment the second tower got hit. Why would they go through all the trouble and risk of planting explosives? It's an entirely separate, riskier plot just to make sure the first one succeeds

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

bush did 9/11

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Popy posted:

bush did 9/11

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Popy posted:

bush did 9/11

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

very sad there's only one post

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Glowing galaxy brain meme going from Bin Laden, to Bush, then ISI, and finally Mossad doing 9/11

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

TheMightyBoops posted:

The only thing I’ll say about the True Anon 9/11 series is this poorly done paraphrase from that incredibly dumb guest:

“Yo all the best research I’ve found about 9/11 comes from this great resource that has a great timeline of how it all fits together and the site’s not like up a lot of the time, but if you can get there, great resource.”

I'm not going to listen to the episode but i'm going to go on a limb here and say their guest didn't say anything like that.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

Glowing galaxy brain meme going from Bin Laden, to Bush, then ISI, and finally Mossad doing 9/11

multiverse brain: *turns on monitor* :stonk:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's not worth it OP, there are now 2 bust rodd types that post in that thread.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Contapoints is gonna be on the new Hillary Clinton show.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
lmao hell yeah, get that bread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

lmao hell yeah, get that bread

I’m actually a little surprised Clinton hasn’t turned TERF

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Gripweed posted:

she needs something to put her claim on 2024, although i bet it will be just some tired spent slogan

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Gripweed posted:

Contapoints is gonna be on the new Hillary Clinton show.

Wait contrapoints hasn't hosed off to her simp mansion and stopped doing Content? why??

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gripweed posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/20/hillary-clinton-indicates-transgender-rights-shoul/

She also had a bunch of lovely comments last year that her PR team quickly threw out a "trans rights are human rights" to deflect from the fact that she's obviously a terf-egg

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm not going to listen to the episode but i'm going to go on a limb here and say their guest didn't say anything like that.

They did

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gripweed posted:

I thought she did

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

very sad there's only one post

rip wasbappin, stung to death by wasps

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nope

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
people with parasocial fixations get very upset when reality contradicts them

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

r u okay?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol look at this dude worried about the mental wellbeing of some online rando. parasocial much?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Yeah I woke up in a pretty good mood today, thanks for asking.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm enjoying tech won't save us but lmao his name is "Paris Marx"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I was the guest and that's exactly what I said