Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
That ghost story immediately made me think of the ghost realtor episode of Nathan For You.

"You were choked by a ghost in Switzerland...?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

if you asked me at the start of the season which toronto queen would shine the brightest on this season of DRCAN, I definitely wouldn’t have said fierce. yet, here we are.

now that boom boom went bye bye, I’m teams gisele/kimmy. the former because I love a french-canadian queen, the latter because I love an asian queen (especially one so entertaining in confessional)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Drimble Wedge posted:

Does Secret Celebrity Drag Race get better? Or is season two just a series of lipsynch battles?

Each episode is a series of individual lip sync performances. A winner and bottom 2 are selected. Bottom 2 lip sync and loser is eliminated tells everyone who they are.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Can somebody who watches Philippines tell me HOW?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
After watching the girl group episode of down under I hope to God I never ever have to hear the word 'rapstress' again.

I'm enjoying it a lot but tbh despite the fact the cultural references make more sense to me and we get a Tina arena lip synch I still greatly prefer Canada 3. I'm loving Gisele and fierce and everyone else so much and don't want anyone to go home.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Shneak posted:

Can somebody who watches Philippines tell me HOW?

You'll find out if you watch!

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

gandlethorpe posted:

You'll find out if you watch!

it was one of the better reveals the show has managed too, vinas is a delight and realistically could have won all 3 episodes so far

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

So far, Philippines is a very strong season. High talent level among the queens, interesting personalities, fun judging panel.
Also, if you’re not watching international seasons due to language barrier, at least 50% of this one is in English.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

Also, if you’re not watching international seasons due to language barrier, at least 50% of this one is in English.

Heh, that's exactly what made Holland season 1 such a difficult watch for me. The queens would start a sentence in English, and then finish it in Dutch. I'm sure that was coupled with the fact that Dutch sounds similar enough to English.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Holland was extra confusing to me, as I know German...Dutch sounds quite similar. :kiddo: I kept THINKING I knew what they were saying, but not quite!

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

garthoneeye posted:

So far, Philippines is a very strong season. High talent level among the queens, interesting personalities, fun judging panel.

the foreign ones are absolutely my favorite for this, it's really fun trying to piece together what is normal native slang, obviously gay slang, and what was pieced together and/or taken wholesale from english, either directly from drag race or otherwise.

that said the hollands were both just bad regardless of linguistic content

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Three Weeks Until UK4 (Sept 22)

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1565248095616528387

OMG
https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1564890364141527041

OMG
https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1564890377567539200

OMG
https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1564890386983698433

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Here's to hoping they take away the crown from Krystal Versace. Worst drag race winner ever.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This is cool but Mel B is a charisma vortex, I really hope she's in a good mood on the panel.

It's criminal Mel C isn't on - she's super supportive of drag, I saw her at Berlin pride years ago and she'd just finished touring clubs around Europe with a really good mix of queer drag performers

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
I have never been less excited for a finale as I am for Canada’s Drag Race next week. There’s only 1 queen I like that’s left at this point Giselle Lullaby . I really thought early on that Lady Boom Boom and Vivian Vanderpuss would make it to the end.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

KasioDiscoRock posted:

I have never been less excited for a finale as I am for Canada’s Drag Race next week. There’s only 1 queen I like that’s left at this point Giselle Lullaby . I really thought early on that Lady Boom Boom and Vivian Vanderpuss would make it to the end.

Yeah, my favorites being eliminated back to back has dampened my excitement for the season too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think I could absolutely have been happy if jada or kimmy had been sent home episode 1 but tbh Fierce and Giselle are incredible contenders and I don't actually care which one of them wins, even if fierce is a perpetual drama bomb. The last elimination did hurt a lot, especially because I wasn't convinced jada really even did that well. I do love her talking heads though and Kimmy seems delightful but its been a good season overall I think.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

KasioDiscoRock posted:

I looked up the final 4 and holy poo poo that's bad. I checked out right before Snatch Game cause none of these queens were doing anything for me and I cannot believe that Fierce and Kimmy have made it this far.

Kaos is coming to Winnipeg next month and a friend asked if we wanted to go - I had to look them up cause no one made a good impression on me minus Chelazon Leroux.

Anyways...

Hopefully UK4 kicks it up a notch - it's usually pretty drat entertaining despite UK3's crowning.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Miss Fierce has been doing pretty well. I think she deserves to be in the top with Gisele. I like both Kimmy and Jada but I don't think they are at the same level. I liked Vivian for the first couple episodes but then the whole shtick that they criticized her for in this week's judging was getting to me a little.

I have enjoyed this season for the most part. Better than season 2 anyway, I can actually remember who all the queens are this season.

Looking forward to UK4 too. That should be fun.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

run on sentience posted:

I have enjoyed this season for the most part. Better than season 2 anyway, I can actually remember who all the queens are this season.

Same. Season 2 was one of the worst seasons of drag race ever. Not a memorable queen in the bunch.

That said, this final 4 is pretty bizarre. Two villains, miss congeniality, and a queen who started strong but has floundered the rest of the season. I was sad to see Vivian go home, she was effortlessly charming, and one of the more attractive guys the show has seen in a long time, plus I was surprised to see in this week's episode that she hasn't shaved all of her body hair. But she wasn't listening to the judge's critiques, so I wasn't surprised that she went home. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for at this point. Fierce has probably the strongest record, but I don't know if I can support an insecure bully winning. I think I'm going to root for the Montreal girl, but I can't remember her name right now, so maybe that isn't the best option.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Same. Season 2 was one of the worst seasons of drag race ever. Not a memorable queen in the bunch.

Hard disagree

https://i.imgur.com/IeN2vhz.mp4

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Holy gently caress that Beverly/kween Kong lip synch was terrifying to watch. It was a bit messy but I enjoyed the hell out of it

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I would watch a whole show with just Kimmy Couture and Gisele :colbert:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Holy gently caress that Beverly/kween Kong lip synch was terrifying to watch. It was a bit messy but I enjoyed the hell out of it

if you moved the characters involved a slight bit it would have been perfect choreo for a wrestling match tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I wish I was good enough at editing to make it look like beverly was doing those forward flips into kween as she did that back handspring breakdancing looking move

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Catching up with the last two episodes of DRC. Devastated that Vivian went home. Still glad to be able to root for Gisele, but I won't mind a Fiercalicious win.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nihonniboku posted:

That said, this final 4 is pretty bizarre. Two villains, miss congeniality, and a queen who started strong but has floundered the rest of the season. I was sad to see Vivian go home, she was effortlessly charming, and one of the more attractive guys the show has seen in a long time, plus I was surprised to see in this week's episode that she hasn't shaved all of her body hair. But she wasn't listening to the judge's critiques, so I wasn't surprised that she went home. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for at this point. Fierce has probably the strongest record, but I don't know if I can support an insecure bully winning. I think I'm going to root for the Montreal girl, but I can't remember her name right now, so maybe that isn't the best option.

Feel like I'm watching a different show than you cause every episode is produced to show everyone taking a poo poo on Fierce for no reason.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Eej posted:

Feel like I'm watching a different show than you cause every episode is produced to show everyone taking a poo poo on Fierce for no reason.

How so? It seemed to me like Fierce, at least at the start, was always trying to start poo poo with people, and throwing temper tantrums over not getting what she wanted. She did apologize halfway through, but continues to talk about how every innocuous thing other people do is clearly an attempt take her out. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the other queens just aren't very tolerant of her poo poo, and have set boundaries to keep her from emotionally steamrolling them.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I also thought Fierce was the one on the receiving end of the bullying, at least the way they edited it. Aside from her being a little cranky about not getting the part she wanted that one time, which is a very common occurrence on Drag Race, I can't recall her saying or doing anything mean to anyone. When she apologized, Gisele lost it on her for no reason, at least nothing that was shown. Jada and Vivian were also constantly mocking her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I don't think she was ever malicious, but she does seem to try to draw as much attention to herself as possible, like the one Untucked where she was safe but made it about her while other girls were afraid of going home. She's sort of like Laganja, but more self-aware. She definitely knows what she's doing, so maybe a Willam-Laganja hybrid. I imagine she was acting extra from the moment they all walked in until the very end, and that can get kind of old for the others who actually had to be around her all the time. They did seem to take shots at her unprompted, but it felt to me more like in a sisterly "I love you but you annoy the hell out of me" way. She barely even reacted to Jada calling her ugly inside and out, lol.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nihonniboku posted:

How so? It seemed to me like Fierce, at least at the start, was always trying to start poo poo with people, and throwing temper tantrums over not getting what she wanted. She did apologize halfway through, but continues to talk about how every innocuous thing other people do is clearly an attempt take her out. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the other queens just aren't very tolerant of her poo poo, and have set boundaries to keep her from emotionally steamrolling them.

I think from like, episode 3? onwards almost every scene in the werkroom has someone saying something mean to/about Fierce unprompted, it's wild

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I had to check older episodes to see if I remembered correctly, but people were definitely annoyed with her from the start, generally finding her hard to work with. Episode 1 she begged people for help sewing, while being kind of passive-aggressive to the ones who did. Episode 2 she fought with Kimmy the whole time preparing for the challenge, and despite being in the top, she still decided to call out Chelazon for pairing them together in Untucked. Episode 3 she was salty about the song assignment, bringing down Bombae with her. Episode 4 she was safe, but managed to be the main focus in Untucked over the events of previous episodes. Episode 5 started with the aftermath of ep4, but she was mostly quiet for the rest of it. She wasn't quarreling with other queens as much but still very much a diva. After that, her interactions with queens felt more playfully antagonistic, like no one helping her out of her swing runway.

Anyway, I dunno why I'm so invested in her storyline when I know it was more or less self-produced. Maybe that's exactly the reason.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Still much better than Girl, for the Gods, giiiiirl, yesss girl, Jada Shada Hudson honnnneyyy who is the living embodiment of a dril tweet whenever she says she's going to slay a challenge

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?s=20&t=0n5bTppWRl5R6cfyf8g1Kw

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm so tired of vague-posting, y'all.

https://twitter.com/Divinadecampo/status/1566783356238548992
https://twitter.com/Divinadecampo/status/1566845792782008320

Like, this isn't "Tee hee, one of the queens farts a lot but I won't say who!" or "____ is actually older than they claim, I saw her driver's license!!!!". This is real poo poo. Name names or shut the gently caress up.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 6, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Would not be surprised if it was Derrick Barry, but the tweet also said that it's a loved drag race alum

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I saw a couple of comments suggesting Jimbo. Did he say or do something lovely that I'm not aware of?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

run on sentience posted:

I saw a couple of comments suggesting Jimbo. Did he say or do something lovely that I'm not aware of?

Huh, all I'm seeing is people guessing white Southern queens, which....as a queer white (former) Southerner, isn't surprising but still hurts a bit. There's Trump supporters all over the USA, friends, not just in the South!

Clearly they're referring to that time Jimbo did blackface. :colbert:
https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1488631098187911171?lang=en

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1567426295310553089

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sounds like fake news. I don't think anyone can see JKR is a good writer after her newest book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Sounds like fake news. I don't think anyone can see JKR is a good writer after her newest book

Yeah, people are speculating it's just a big thing to grab attention, as "When was the last time Twitter paid this much attention to DDC?"....which, if it's the case, she can :fuckoff: even more.

We don't deserve Kornbread.
https://twitter.com/kornbreadTMFS/status/1567340659975286787?cxt=HHwWhsDT_dWBqMArAAAA

https://twitter.com/Divinadecampo/status/1567421215014371329

https://twitter.com/agendaposter/status/1567346265679175680

Ooh, time to grab my popcorn (assuming this is true, UK politics confuse me :patriot:)

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 7, 2022