Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I’m betting the tri-color matches screwed over Team Scissors.

Aye (Scissors were robbed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

The Bloop posted:

The exact opposite direction from what I tried, you can't jump 90 degrees, only 180

Like Mario, truly

The detection is a 90 degree change in direction. So you can do goofy forward rolls by going at a 45 for a second then swinging to the opposite 45.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

People being weird about me saying 'man my friend group really got upset being forced into those matches' huh

I didn't get to play any as I needed to step away from the net mostly so I'm just commenting on what I saw the most of :/

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022
Relax it's just funny how melodramatic you sounded about the paint shooting game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Also you don’t have to play that mode.

I’m sure Nintendo will use data from this to adjust things but I still think it’s fair for the defending side. I think the issue some had is forgetting that it’s still a turf war battle and staying put in the middle. They need to be more proactive between defending the signal with inking the opposing teams’ areas.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 28, 2022

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

really weird seeing ppl complain about being put into specific matches. As paper, I was able to queue into any kind of match I wanted and got in pretty quickly. Really had fun with the tricolor matches, gonna be a shame that theyre splatfest only

Has Nintendo said when Spaltfests are planned going forward? Im assuming theyll have one with each new catalog, so once every ~2 months, right? Also hope they have a big launch Splatfest as well

Splatfests are usually a once a month sorta deal for the past 2 games. I doubt that changes here.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
From watching a pro player yesterday I learned you can roll cancel both the squid roll and the squid jump.
The squid jump roll cancel is especially crazy because you can roll onto the platform or away from it leaping into a position on the ground below.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Had fun with the splatfest last night, as little as I got to play. While the game is still mostly the same as Splatoon 2, there are lots of little changes here there that make the experience much better. I especially like how matchmaking works now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SpraylanS/status/1563943687633403905?t=S7VKXEJJtuUVSAdY2eMPYA&s=19

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I really like all the new stuff from the demo, and am stoked as hell for the full game.

It’s a small complaint but I really hope they don’t keep that same gender/species/eye/skin selection process. I liked changing my stuff up over and over throughout the day but it took foreeeeever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jfc, the main thing that demo did was solidify my desire for S3. I need it. I want to upgrade my weapons, buy a poo poo ton of gear, completely customize my locker and look at everyone else's, and play the card game.

Oh, and actually play Splatoon, as well.

I had a ton of fun playing, but I wanna do the other stuff even more.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

And I guess people have dug out all the weapon kits so here you go. Now you can rejoice/despair as you find out your favorite weapon is now good/terrible.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Unhappy Meal posted:

And I guess people have dug out all the weapon kits so here you go. Now you can rejoice/despair as you find out your favorite weapon is now good/terrible.

Rapid blaster still has that good zone holding kit.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Unhappy Meal posted:

Thank God the sploosh still has the stamp. Can make the curl bomb work as well, but ill miss my splat bombs

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The solo player mode from the Treehouse seems to follow the Octo Expansion model of stages you pay to play and then can try with different weapons.

Which is fine.

Unhappy Meal posted:

Well, I do love Splattershot Jr and conversely can probably play a mean Aerospray, their loadout seems fine.

N'Zap 85 seems alright, and I was never too bad with those... and all because I my beloved Tri-slosher is stuck with an Inkjet which I simply do not manage well, Slosher gets the bazooka, and don't they get that I play those weapons specifically because I'm not precision based!

The Blobobbler has a great kit, but I don't like that bucket. I need to see a bucket with a better kit.

At least the undercoverbrella looks neat. I was never great at it, but I like what it's packing.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Palmtree Panic posted:

I’m betting the tri-color matches screwed over Team Scissors.

Aye (Scissors were robbed)

yeah the tri-color matches seemed SO lopsided against the team with 4

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
ultra stamp on the mini splatling? could be worse I guess

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh, goodie, there are splatlings with bombs. Disappointed at a lack of stringers, though.

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022
This was data mined from the demo, right? If so, it might not have everything in it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope they come up with more things to do in the lobby between games. Or just some small QoL improvements. Like let me instantly charge up my special to practice using it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Astro7x posted:

I hope they come up with more things to do in the lobby between games. Or just some small QoL improvements. Like let me instantly charge up my special to practice using it.

For real. I need to get better at aiming if I want to use certain weapons.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

juicefest posted:

This was data mined from the demo, right? If so, it might not have everything in it.

Aye, and a big maybe on if we get more in the way of alternates.

Splat2 had 48 weapons at release including the alternates and hero replicas.

Splat3 is starting with 54 without any alternates or single player weapons. (That we know of right now.)

Also an aside: drat, the goo tuber is winning big with a kit that sets it apart from the squiffer.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 28, 2022

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Splashomatic has crab tank :getin:

eta: Reefslider on the undercover brella sounds amazing hell yes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oh thank god, no more splash wall

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Undercover Brella now has Mr Dolphin, aka Reef slider. Interesting. Though that means less clutch kills if someone corners me as I can't do the splashdown anymore

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Relyssa posted:

Splashomatic has crab tank :getin:

Thank gently caress, I was worried I was going to have to pick between the Dualies (meh) and the Splattershot Pro (eugh)

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Checking in on some of my favorite main weapons from Splatoon2

:sickos:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

chainsaw splatana has grappling hook :getin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/rubberhoseroach/status/1563955060895535104?s=20&t=1MooCQ68Vrk5Nf_J_SzVwQ

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Ay!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://twitter.com/rubyfunkey/status/1563892588985270274?s=21&t=yABSvB8fuM7O3Cx1K7d9Lw

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The more things change, the more they stay the same

https://twitter.com/CodCartSA/status/1564005156802670593?s=20&t=TMggpM2QzqEC_yzIWmuaxA

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i love the drat grabbling hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwjQwrWAGU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why are they saying cheater?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why are they saying cheater?

It's Splatoon 2 the day after the Splatoon 3 demo.

They're calling people cheaters for coming back to Splatoon 2 after 'cheating on them' with Splatoon 3.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ink Vac thoughts

https://twitter.com/SpraylanS/status/1563955716964098053?t=jAb7Kcs1wlAdJwpnJcLNgw&s=19

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
The latest weapon I want is the Splash at level 16, so I'm gonna get that with a golden ticket. The others I want are pretty low level, so I think I'm just gonna save the other two for the next round of weapons.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

How many golden tickets do you get? I'm torn between the undercover brella and the splashomatic.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hellioning posted:

It's Splatoon 2 the day after the Splatoon 3 demo.

They're calling people cheaters for coming back to Splatoon 2 after 'cheating on them' with Splatoon 3.

Oh. I thought maybe they were claiming the splatfest was rigged or something.:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Relyssa posted:

How many golden tickets do you get? I'm torn between the undercover brella and the splashomatic.

We don’t know yet, it’s based on the S2 save transfer which I don’t believe has been data mined (might not even be possible). And of course everything that was data mined in the demo is subject to change in the real game release

In the meantime, imma keep building XP in S2 over the remaining two weeks cuz why not