Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Is anyone ITT actually watching WWE? Because I am wondering if people have started saying words like 'wrestler' and 'belt' again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Is anyone ITT actually watching WWE? Because I am wondering if people have started saying words like 'wrestler' and 'belt' again.

I need to catch up on the past week, but after having not watched for literal years, this year's SummerSlam and the two Raws after that were all actually pretty good. Haven't bothered to watch Smackdown though, and from the little I've seen of NXT 2.0 since Vince left, it's still not all that good.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Prof. Crocodile posted:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1559528569130438660?t=ibGPrcKhgGDuf3rj1K08Yg&s=19

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1563520213106434053?t=XIOFIn0IUpfp750EuSBz9A&s=19

lmao

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vince McMahon seems like a bad person

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hes right

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
havent you ever heard of Meals on Wheels?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

You make me laugh X Jacx

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:dafuq:

Totally insane.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

would a crazy person fly into a homicidal rage for losing a friendly game of pool against his daughter and brother-in-law i think not...

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Tweet is unavailable.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The Real Amethyst posted:

Tweet is unavailable.

In an interview, Matt Hardy said that Vince McMahon once told him that it's natural basic human instinct to want to eat a person in a wheelchair

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do you think he meant that he think's it's natural to want to eat a wheelchair-bound person, or to eat a person while seated in a wheelchair yourself?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Elephant Ambush posted:

In an interview, Matt Hardy said that Vince McMahon once told him that it's natural basic human instinct to want to eat a person in a wheelchair

We're gonna find out that Vince and Armie Hammer are a cannibal couple, aren't we?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince would never eat another human being because hes a picky eater who only eats beef wraps slathered in ketchup

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Elephant Ambush posted:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/matt-hardy-vince-mcmahon-once-told-me-it-s-human-instinct-want-eat-someone-wheelchair

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Eating Raul Mendoza

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eating Raul Mendoza

What's Eating Gilberg Grape?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince would never eat another human being because hes a picky eater who only eats beef wraps slathered in ketchup

One time Vince said something like when he eats Oreos he never eats just a few because those go right onto your gut and makes you fat so instead he eats the entire package of Oreos all at once because the body can't handle them all at once and they just go right through you

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Has anyone seen Droz or Zack Gowan lately?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

One time Vince said something like when he eats Oreos he never eats just a few because those go right onto your gut and makes you fat so instead he eats the entire package of Oreos all at once because the body can't handle them all at once and they just go right through you

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I kinda love how insane narcissist weirdos insist their bizarre quirks are obviously normal and everyone does them.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

drat, Vince is wise

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I kinda love how insane narcissist weirdos insist their bizarre quirks are obviously normal and everyone does them.

Don't tell me you've never looked at Stephen Hawking and immediately felt hungry

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I get what he's going for from a storytelling perspective. I do. It makes sense. The warning not to hurt each other for real is, imo, pretty nice, too, though he didn't need to whip out his dick to say it.

But, uh, maybe instead of talking about eating the handicapped he should've gone with: "And at that point I want you to act really vicious. Act like you're a shark that smells blood in the water, like you're a predator coming in for the kill. You need to really sell to the crowd that this is a brutal fight and not just a friendly match."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is the most incredible logic

I love it. Flawless

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

As hosed up as this obviously is, I like how E&C come out of this thinking "we ended up nearly huddled together on the couch in terror and therefor it was possibly his way of getting us back together....and it worked. hosed up, man."
Like Vince terror-coastered them back into a relationship.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Big Beef City posted:

As hosed up as this obviously is, I like how E&C come out of this thinking "we ended up nearly huddled together on the couch in terror and therefor it was possibly his way of getting us back together....and it worked. hosed up, man."
Like Vince terror-coastered them back into a relationship.

'More scared of you than they hate each other' is a tried and true leadership strategy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is the most incredible logic

I love it. Flawless

drat now I'm picturing what if my av was shrek in a cop hat

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elephant Ambush posted:

My mom's Italian greyhound who broke into his 5lb bag of food and ate all of it and poo poo most of it out completely whole onto the carpet across the house was a health guru

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 28, 2022

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Elephant Ambush posted:

i think there is a limit to how much fat you can absorb in a short period so that's probably based on a kernel of truth deep down

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

especially if its hydrogenated oil like oreos

you know ive read every single page of this thread and i still knid of think vince is a genius

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

THE DUALITY OF MAN

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://twitter.com/ImUrHuckleJordy/status/1563398667314556928

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I do love that after 40+ years I still can't quite place Vince McMahon

like, occasionally you'll get someone talking openly about Vince sitting them down and going over complex wrestling psychology and concepts, or insisting that they put their hands up on a chairshot for their own safety, and it's very obvious that he's a guy playing a character on television and doesn't actually run around firing people backstage

but then you'll get a story about how you have to show an entire pack of oreos who's boss, or him being pissed off all day because he sneezed in a meeting, and it's all up in the air again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

otoh there's a story about how New Jack was told not to talk to Vince backstage, did anyway, and then was summarily fired by telephone later that afternoon

but I strongly suspect that story has a missing segment where a red-faced Vince (played by Gary Oldman) walks around a room trying to find out which motherfucker hired goddamn New Jack to work on his television show

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This is the apex of wrestling. It will never be topped.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I do love that after 40+ years I still can't quite place Vince McMahon

like, occasionally you'll get someone talking openly about Vince sitting them down and going over complex wrestling psychology and concepts, or insisting that they put their hands up on a chairshot for their own safety, and it's very obvious that he's a guy playing a character on television and doesn't actually run around firing people backstage

but then you'll get a story about how you have to show an entire pack of oreos who's boss, or him being pissed off all day because he sneezed in a meeting, and it's all up in the air again

Vince is like a lot of billionaires, too estranged from the hoi pollei for peer pressure to take care of his various weird and bad habits.

And as far as wrestling, there was a time Vince knew wrestling perfectly and intimately. His weird wrestling poo poo only showed up when he had no competition to compare himself to - early 90s gimmick crap before WCW, and everything after WCW folded. But he still had enough flexibility in the 90s to be able to say WCW was kicking his rear end and he needed to change. The love of weird gimmicky poo poo never changed - but his flexibility slowly went away over the years, until today where nothing is left but a hollow petty tyrant who thinks he's still got it - a precarious throne to sit upon, as recent events have proven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Is the not-pizza guy literally wearing one of Gold Dust's old outfits?