Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Remake conkers when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Remake conkers when

I demand ray-traced squirrel piss.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They already did on Xbox

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Only with the power of the dualsense can i truly feel the squirrel piss.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Or u know…

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What is this from and why did I have an intensely nostalgic reaction to it

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

What is this from and why did I have an intensely nostalgic reaction to it

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s messed up I never actually found a copy of that and could only experience it via gaming magazines and early internet exposure

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hope it’s a good game.

The gameplay so far looks terrible, like never mind the voice acting, it just looks really boring.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah I wish the gameplay looked better. Seems stiff and flat and not very satisfying to interact with.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I love Returnal but hahaha this game can be brutal.

I got to the 2nd world and been dealing with teleporting aliens with swords. Also question how do you get to the tower? It's like oh it's now can be accessed from crash site and I'm like ??? unless I gotta get a hook or whatever is needed to get up that next platform that leads to it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Shindragon posted:

I love Returnal but hahaha this game can be brutal.

I got to the 2nd world and been dealing with teleporting aliens with swords. Also question how do you get to the tower? It's like oh it's now can be accessed from crash site and I'm like ??? unless I gotta get a hook or whatever is needed to get up that next platform that leads to it.

You get the grapnel from the second world boss. Ostensibly the easiest one!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxxidation posted:

i am not trying to be edgy, trendy, or facetious when i say that i hate this to a degree that verges on legitimate horror

between this and pinocchio souls i'm getting pretty loving annoyed at videogames today

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’d rather play that than Forspoken

Freaking dragons looking pretty good right about now

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Is it possible to use remote play on the PC with a controller just connected via Bluetooth? I saw the "you have to use a USB connection for the controller" message, but I have no idea if I can't find a workaround via googling because it doesn't exist slash can't work, or because it's all SEOd to hell. I realize I could just plug it in, but the only reason I wanted to do it at all was to play stuff while in the bath and having cables all over while doing so is a line I'm not willing to cross.

Using a PS5 with a PS5 controller if it matters.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Truspeaker posted:

Is it possible to use remote play on the PC with a controller just connected via Bluetooth? I saw the "you have to use a USB connection for the controller" message, but I have no idea if I can't find a workaround via googling because it doesn't exist slash can't work, or because it's all SEOd to hell. I realize I could just plug it in, but the only reason I wanted to do it at all was to play stuff while in the bath and having cables all over while doing so is a line I'm not willing to cross.

Don't think so, and I've looked. The generic Windows bluetooth driver can't handle the touchpad or other special features and Sony only supports a wired connection. It's a theme with all the PC games that support dualsense too.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

acksplode posted:

Don't think so, and I've looked. The generic Windows bluetooth driver can't handle the touchpad or other special features and Sony only supports a wired connection. It's a theme with all the PC games that support dualsense too.

Aww butts. Thanks! Its not a big deal not to be able to, but it IS nice to know not to waste any more time on it

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s messed up I never actually found a copy of that and could only experience it via gaming magazines and early internet exposure

unless youre a lot less cool than i have been led to believe you really arent missing out

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Truspeaker posted:

the only reason I wanted to do it at all was to play stuff while in the bath and having cables all over while doing so is a line I'm not willing to cross.

:prepop:

My god, the decadence.... oh don't mind me, just bow sniping you across the map while in the tub with a bubble bath beard. As one does.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

:prepop:

My god, the decadence.... oh don't mind me, just bow sniping you across the map while in the tub with a bubble bath beard. As one does.

God don't I know it. If it's any comfort, it's not a particularly nice bath, and I've been taking lots of them because of persistent stomach troubles. Even so, it's absolutely a decadence that I am very grateful to have the opportunity for

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg is a quitter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

3D mario is a shitter

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

They should've brought back the sentient switchblade voice from the Froopy Land episode.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

im hootin and hollerin rn

got them baps

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

im hootin and hollerin rn

got them baps

Wasn't Berri a squirrel? That's just a human lady, and more so than every animal platformer protagonist'a girlfriend's from that era.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

3D mario is a shitter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Wasn't Berri a squirrel? That's just a human lady, and more so than every animal platformer protagonist'a girlfriend's from that era.

Yeah it's not Berri, I totally missed the mark. It's because I'm drunk and have been up partying at the old Cock and Plucker with all the conscripts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’d rather play that than Forspoken

Forspoken looks like the game part might be ok. I'll just skip cutscenes.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Truspeaker posted:

I've found that the most reliable way to use a PS5 (and PS4) controller with Windows was to use one of these https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Raspb...337897247&psc=1

Using the Dualsense with Steam wired works fine like every time, but I've always had terrible luck getting it to work with like Xbox Gamepass games, or some Epic Games Store games, but using that bluetooth dongle has worked literally every time I've tried it. And for all I know it doesn't even have to be that specific Bluetooth dongle, I just initially bought that one so I could use my dualshock with my switch and then found that it was particularly useful for getting playstation controllers to work with finnicky PC games.

edit: oh and I can confirm it works with Remote Play on PC, I somehow skipped over that when reading your post.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 28, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy poo poo Bad Fur Day came out in 2001, that's wild. someone write me an essay on how that game predicted the next 8 years

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

I've found that the most reliable way to use a PS5 (and PS4) controller with Windows was to use one of these https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Raspb...337897247&psc=1

Using the Dualsense with Steam wired works fine like every time, but I've always had terrible luck getting it to work with like Xbox Gamepass games, or some Epic Games Store games, but using that bluetooth dongle has worked literally every time I've tried it. And for all I know it doesn't even have to be that specific Bluetooth dongle, I just initially bought that one so I could use my dualshock with my switch and then found that it was particularly useful for getting playstation controllers to work with finnicky PC games.

Hmm, might have to stick this in the op

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Nintendo should’ve brought Conker’s gf back as a blade in XC2 The Boobening

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Truspeaker posted:

Aww butts. Thanks! Its not a big deal not to be able to, but it IS nice to know not to waste any more time on it

I apologize, I skimmed over the part where you said this was for bath gaming. We're going to make this work. You can play wireless with ds4windows. It's typically used for tricking Windows into thinking a dualshock/sense is an Xbox controller, but it can also emulate a DS4 for times where that's convenient. The nice thing is that it still works over bluetooth. You can play PS5 games, and the touchpad works, but there's no rumble at all and none of the unique dualsense features work. Tested by playing Returnal for a bit.

Install the latest release at https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

Connect your dualsense to windows and then get ds4windows to recognize it. Guides can be found on google

Create a controller profile that has emulated controller (under the other tab) set to DS4 and then apply that profile to your controller. You might also need to check touchpad output to make sure it's pass thru instead of controlling the mouse.

Fire up remote play. It should recognize your emulated DS4 and just work.

Pee ahead of time, it's gonna be tempting to let er rip instead of getting out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bad Fur Day is wild because it was conceived as a way to cynically exploit rapidly changing market demographics in the industry to sell controllers to fratboys, but it overshot the mark so spectacularly that it ended up being a gonzo documentary timecapsule of all of western culture at the turn of the millennium, like Disney making Alice in Wonderland in 1951 or Annapurna/A24 with Spring Breakers in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fcid8H3bbo

and Nintendo will NEVER live it down :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

i am not trying to be edgy, trendy, or facetious when i say that i hate this to a degree that verges on legitimate horror

It sucks so bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Nintendo should’ve brought Conker’s gf back as a blade in XC2 The Boobening

Lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is a quitter

:(

I did my best. Even if the results did not reflect it. I still feel great that I am two stars away from 120 though. It was a tough but rewarding day. So much anguish and so much elation. :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Casnorf posted:

unless youre a lot less cool than i have been led to believe you really arent missing out

im an idiot who thrives on dated sleazy garbage kitsch

kilometers davis was never cool

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

It sucks so bad

ngl I think I’ll get it on sale and enjoy it, but I’m at the same time really glad this is a style nobody’s really trying to emulate.

Justin Roiland’s just up to his bullshit again, take it or leave it, be happy there’s only one of him either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

acksplode posted:

I apologize, I skimmed over the part where you said this was for bath gaming. We're going to make this work. You can play wireless with ds4windows. It's typically used for tricking Windows into thinking a dualshock/sense is an Xbox controller, but it can also emulate a DS4 for times where that's convenient. The nice thing is that it still works over bluetooth. You can play PS5 games, and the touchpad works, but there's no rumble at all and none of the unique dualsense features work. Tested by playing Returnal for a bit.

Install the latest release at https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

Connect your dualsense to windows and then get ds4windows to recognize it. Guides can be found on google

Create a controller profile that has emulated controller (under the other tab) set to DS4 and then apply that profile to your controller. You might also need to check touchpad output to make sure it's pass thru instead of controlling the mouse.

Fire up remote play. It should recognize your emulated DS4 and just work.

Pee ahead of time, it's gonna be tempting to let er rip instead of getting out

Hey, this sounds great! I remember fiddling with DS4 way back when the PS4 first came out, didn't realize it was still getting updates. I will see if I can get that working, many thanks!

bop bop perano posted:

edit: oh and I can confirm it works with Remote Play on PC, I somehow skipped over that when reading your post.

Oh I totally have one of these around here somewhere. I'm actually using a Surface 8 which only has USB c ports, so I'd have to get an adapter, but if the Bluetooth stuff doesn't work out it's nice to know I can go that route. I really appreciate it!