Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The spiritbind system was mega weird originally. Blue quality items had spiritbond meter too but you couldn't crunch them for materia so I have no idea what it actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
hm. I rapidly tire of feeding my sanctuary animals. Big tamagotchi feelings.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

hazardousmouse posted:

hm. I rapidly tire of feeding my sanctuary animals. Big tamagotchi feelings.

you can pay the mammets to care for them island spoilers I guess?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can also free them and let them live their lives on the island as before

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I had a nasty overmeld fail and I lost a whopping like 85 of them, and it made the worst noise ever conceived by man and also there was a dark puff of smoke. Losing that many in a go is already shocking but I'd never heard or seen it do *that* to me so I was quite startled by it.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey I'm currently maxed on Sacks of Nuts. Is there a reason to save this or should I go ahead and spend them on stuff. I don't currently need gear upgrade mats

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Madmarker posted:

Hey I'm currently maxed on Sacks of Nuts. Is there a reason to save this or should I go ahead and spend them on stuff. I don't currently need gear upgrade mats

that's a lot of nuts!

you want fries with that, baby?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Note Block posted:

I had a nasty overmeld fail and I lost a whopping like 85 of them, and it made the worst noise ever conceived by man and also there was a dark puff of smoke. Losing that many in a go is already shocking but I'd never heard or seen it do *that* to me so I was quite startled by it.

The day I learned that "whoa, buddy, you just exploded a loooot of materia" has its own sound effect and animation besides a standard meld failure was not a very good day at all

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Just did Panda number 5 and holey moley was it a blast! I don't think the first fight in a raid block ever wowed me like this. I'm gonna have to run it one more time before continuing.

As an aside, I am just a little annoyed that I gotta hang with the bad hair crew again: Cow Lick and Bed Head. I mean, they're good kids, but they desperately need to learn that they are allowed to pay other people to cut their hair for them. The older gentleman from the trailer seems to be on speaking terms with his barber. Here's hoping (speculation) we don't have to beat him up like we did Sexy Dracula last time. Tragic loss, that was.

Photo of myself and the crew. Identities obscured for legal reasons. (General 6.0 and raid story character spoilers, I suppose)

"Don't pout. All I said was I know a guy who can fix the terrible, terrible mistakes you've both made."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Crackerjack posted:

Just did Panda number 5 and holey moley was it a blast! I don't think the first fight in a raid block ever wowed me like this. I'm gonna have to run it one more time before continuing.

Yeah, Panda 5 was great. I think they all are this tier, though I've already heard people calling P8 a "snoozefest" and saying it'll be "the most braindead doorboss ever."

I hope savage kicks that guy's teeth in, just on general principle.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I felt P8 was easier than P7, but after P7 I appreciated the come down

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I felt P8 was easier than P7, but after P7 I appreciated the come down

The DF group I was in had a lot of trouble with P8... then 6 of us got the achievement for doing it the first time.
(I did have an easier time understanding the mechanics, though had some trouble with visibility of one of them sometimes).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
P8 was a refreshing nice time after P7 which sucked poo poo and I hate it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
P8 feels like a victim of 'they designed this as a savage fight first and then they stripped out 80% of the mechanics' way moreso than the other fights

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Crackerjack posted:

As an aside, I am just a little annoyed that I gotta hang with the bad hair crew again: Cow Lick and Bed Head. I mean, they're good kids, but they desperately need to learn that they are allowed to pay other people to cut their hair for them. The older gentleman from the trailer seems to be on speaking terms with his barber. Here's hoping (speculation) we don't have to beat him up like we did Sexy Dracula last time. Tragic loss, that was.

Don't need to worry about haircare if you just use a cloth to keep it out of your face.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Real weird to see all this hate for p7, I thought it was a pretty basic fight with nothing particularly funky going on and the only reason we wiped was because of a healder dc. P6 was the real nightmare zone, for me at least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

Real weird to see all this hate for p7, I thought it was a pretty basic fight with nothing particularly funky going on and the only reason we wiped was because of a healder dc. P6 was the real nightmare zone, for me at least.

Exaflares break people.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Firebert posted:

P8 feels like a victim of 'they designed this as a savage fight first and then they stripped out 80% of the mechanics' way moreso than the other fights
A bit on that note, and just a word of warning in general - it appears that savage mechanics were datamined and are in the wild, so maybe avoid Twitter if you're trying to go in blind.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, Panda 5 was great. I think they all are this tier, though I've already heard people calling P8 a "snoozefest" and saying it'll be "the most braindead doorboss ever."

I hope savage kicks that guy's teeth in, just on general principle.

p8n already throws like three or four mechanics at your simultaneously/in very quick succession tho maybe with good dps people are skipping that already

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

P7 was easily the most fun of the normal modes, but they were all decent

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

P5 best setting
P7 best fight
P6 best "you were getting bored? gently caress you we're doing this now, hope you can parse it quickly" (sprinkler that starts out going right across the swapping safe zones)
P8 best snakes

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

HackensackBackpack posted:

And now there are items that have five slots in 'em so it's not much of a gamble.

Of course, I still remember how long that getting materia from spiritbonding also destroyed the item. That was well into... Shadowbringers wasn't it?

Yeah, I got a four-slot item from ARR MSQ rewards and was like "I might as well see how hard it is to get that crown- Really, they're giving me achievements just for filling the slots? And it's only a 20% chance to fail on the fifth? These are like the easiest achievements ever." The item was a bit of heavy armor, it got filled with random Is and wound up getting desynthed because I have no heavy armor classes.

The crown is currently my RDM hat along with the Gambler's stuff from Gold Saucer.

In other glam news:

I updated my NIN glam slightly, made it a bit fancier for watching several cutscenes play in sequence. Then I was like "I dressed for a banquet, these shoes aren't made for running!"

While I was at it I sewed a new robe for SMN.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They were all pretty fun and the music loving slaps

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I honestly found P7 the easiest to scope out, but the savage version is also clearly going to be Ex1 cranked up to 11.

I suspect that P5S is going to be surprisingly rough for a first floor though. The normal version is pretty brutal and the savage version is probably going to be more of the same but without AoE markers.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dareon posted:

Yeah, I got a four-slot item from ARR MSQ rewards and was like "I might as well see how hard it is to get that crown- Really, they're giving me achievements just for filling the slots? And it's only a 20% chance to fail on the fifth? These are like the easiest achievements ever." The item was a bit of heavy armor, it got filled with random Is and wound up getting desynthed because I have no heavy armor classes.

I got that achievement on a five-slot item.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I honestly found P7 the easiest to scope out, but the savage version is also clearly going to be Ex1 cranked up to 11.

I suspect that P5S is going to be surprisingly rough for a first floor though. The normal version is pretty brutal and the savage version is probably going to be more of the same but without AoE markers.

My FC has been discussing what curveballs they could throw at us, and the main mechanic is open to a lot of possibilities. Definitely gonna be fakeouts.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Note Block posted:

Since they added multimeld there's now different tiers of animations depending on how many fails you get. You lucked out on a megafail animation.

This is ofc way better than when you had to fail those 85 melds individually and get animation locked through each one while having to navigate the menu again to try another.

I got the 5 meld achievement back in ARR because I was pentamelding crafting and gathering gear back in the bad old days of hasty touch and carbonized matter. People killed boars while wearing crafting gear to bring those materia to market, we didn't even have sb scrolls back then, and sb potions came out as a demimateria recipe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bruceski posted:

My FC has been discussing what curveballs they could throw at us, and the main mechanic is open to a lot of possibilities. Definitely gonna be fakeouts.

He only uses magic attacks that get reflected. I promise you'll at least see Physical/Sword icons on some attacks and there will be some walls that reflect only physical and some that only magical. Maybe even a third icon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He only uses magic attacks that get reflected. I promise you'll at least see Physical/Sword icons on some attacks and there will be some walls that reflect only physical and some that only magical. Maybe even a third icon.

Yeah that's what we pinged on. A classic "something's missing here" non-savage telegraph.

In the same way, P7N has creatures that come out of seeds with spots or lines (which pair up to the spot/line attacks), but they also have seeds with teeth up there...

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 29, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My personal P5S prediction is that we're going to have to do the classic FF trick of bypassing a reflect shield on Carby by first reflecting damage off of ourselves.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

My personal P5S prediction is that we're going to have to do the classic FF trick of bypassing a reflect shield on Carby by first reflecting damage off of ourselves.

Now I want to counter Carby's wrasslin moves. Let me use Reflect to counter his flying splash off the cage wall with a power slam!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Now I want to counter Carby's wrasslin moves. Let me use Reflect to counter his flying splash off the cage wall with a power slam!

P5S ends with a duty action where the whole raid grabs on and suplexes it Godbert style.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Run to the edge of the arena and use the interaction point to grab a chair.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Midway through P5S

BAH GAWD THAT'S LAHABREA'S MUSIC

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished the real savage ahead of time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

These raids were actually pretty fun! I might want to find a static to do savage for the first time since E1S. Unfortunately, I'm on Coeurl, which had the lowest number of E4S mounts on earth when that was current, according to that big survey someone did.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Finished the real savage ahead of time.

Wait you're telling me that fish is what my buddies had to pray to save me against in Endsinger? The Endsinger slapped me with a fish?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Wait you're telling me that fish is what my buddies had to pray to save me against in Endsinger? The Endsinger slapped me with a fish?

I mean you did fight Her after she created a giant drop of water from a planet, so it's possible, yes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

A Moose posted:

These raids were actually pretty fun! I might want to find a static to do savage for the first time since E1S. Unfortunately, I'm on Coeurl, which had the lowest number of E4S mounts on earth when that was current, according to that big survey someone did.

thankfully your home server doesn't really matter so much for raiding as much as it used to. you can pretty easily form a group off of people in your datacenter, and although it takes a small amount of effort to jump between datacenters it's still very possible to join a group on aether and primal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What is this? It seems to have nothing to do with food, I can't place anything in those boxes, I don't have any other options besides pet that I can see. What is this section?