Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Thorg posted:

I feel so dumb. I did The Thrill conquest with a 10~ minute clear. It wasn't until I was upgrading gems that I realized I left my level 35 Legacy of Dreams gem in my stash. I put it on and did another GR45 in 2~minutes.

For the season start I hosed up the -level req weapon by trying to make bows on a Necro (Necros can still roll discipline unlike Witch Doctors). Ended up making a -17 one handed hammer for my DH. I got super super lucky with gambling though. Got Wraps of Clarity, Leoric's crown, Pox Faulds, and still had 200 blood shards left over.

So despite loving up a few times I had a pretty successful start to the season.

I made a wd to roll bows, got a decent one and threw it in the stash. Got back on my dh and started rolling reduced lvl req... So it would still roll with disc, lol. Still got high 20s, lucky me.

Jusupov posted:

GR70 free primal for my barb

Grats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

jabro posted:

Jesus. Why would you go through that?

She's a friend. My son loves playing with her. They both had a great time. 99% of the time he refuses to play with us, so I assumed he would this time. So really I was the only one having a grumpy time. :colbert:

I don't even mind doing bounties, but rifts are like 3x as fast leveling. We made it to ~40 when I dipped out, and we would have made it all the way if we would have rifted just half the time. But I'm just complaining again...

Anyway I'm still gonna get to play/explain Diablo with my highschool best friend and this will just be a cautionary tale for future RodShaft to avoid next season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cleared up to about GR110 solo with Tal Meteors, it's a very strong build even if I didn't get particularly lucky with drops. Still missing a Halo of Karini and didn't gamble up a Mempo until late this morning. Fun enough but I'm already looking forward to the LoD variants for this season. Found a nice ancient Cindercoat and Fire Andys that will work really well for Magic Missile.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What's the beefiest/safest build now for a hardcore character?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Don't play much hardcore but I don't think the TR/DMO reworks have upset the supremacy of FB Flame Blades + Capt Crimson + Aughild's for extreme tankiness. Second to that you're probably looking at LoD Meteor or Twister for all the stacking DR options.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Overall beefiest/safest is probably LON bombardment crusader that can run 3 cheat deaths and a ton of defensive stats since it doesn't use crit/damage rolls for its power.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Got a -30 weapon on my 6th re-roll.
Nice; that'll be handy if I play long enough to get other characters levelled.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Cool, arthritis flare up on new season weekend

I should really stop being old and lovely

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
just realized those Whisper of Atonement gems count toward the season journey / level 3 legendary gems to 70 achievements.

The new wizard set melts everything but I refuse to play it without the lightning rune that makes them land faster. I put a manald ring into the mix but I don't think it's contributing that much tbh

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dross posted:

Cool, arthritis flare up on new season weekend

I should really stop being old and lovely

Beats the alternative

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Got all the way back to GR132 with Tal Meteors this morning at like 800-something Paragon, half ancients and no augments. Somehow this feels even more OP than FB Mirror Image.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Got all the way back to GR132 with Tal Meteors this morning at like 800-something Paragon, half ancients and no augments. Somehow this feels even more OP than FB Mirror Image.

Wow nice. 150 seems pretty doable

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Jusupov posted:

GR70 free primal for my barb

holy poo poo nice.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Isn't that the thing you cube

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

Isn't that the thing you cube

It depends. You can cube it and use BK set or you can use it with another strong 1h and cube something like Messerschmidt's

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So I've picked up wizard for this season and was looking at tal rasha builds and was surprised at how many survivability tools they utilise until I completed the set and I can't find the damage ceiling on it at p30 because I'm dying long before I stop one shooting whole mobs

E: it also probably doesn't help I've been playing dex classes for a few seasons and pumped resist all as my first defensive stat from habit

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 28, 2022

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

So I've picked up wizard for this season and was looking at tal rasha builds and was surprised at how many survivability tools they utilise until I completed the set and I can't find the damage ceiling on it at p30 because I'm dying long before I stop one shooting whole mobs

E: it also probably doesn't help I've been playing dex classes for a few seasons and pumped resist all as my first defensive stat from habit

Yeah, I'm feeling awfully squishy relative to the damage I put out. Do you have that ring that gives you 80% reduced damaged when Storm Armor shoots x distance? I don't yet, but I'm hoping it'll trigger enough to matter. Otherwise, I might just be too bad to play this build to anywhere near its potential.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah it sucks but you'll really have to shuffle pieces in to survive until you find either the ice or storm armor rings. They help massively.

Until I found mine, I used a rorg with new Guardian's set. Guardian will not buff your all-resist but it will pull from your other stats. So i pumped purple gems in all my gear for vit, including my helm. I rounded out the Tal'Rasha's set by using the source in offhand with Grand Vizier in the cube.

It felt a lot better, but it's still squishy. So I found it useful to put lightning as the main meteor attack because it's instant. Less chance of getting one shot by elites if they die before they can touch you. The downside is, now all the other runes feel too slow. I use a similar set up now for speeds, since Aether Walker is a 1h.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Playing a ww wastes barb and both of my crucibles have given me hammer!!! :argh:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It might be a slow push for me but I'm not feeling too inhibited by squishiness for now but I'm collecting typhon pieces so if I get sick of tal I have a backup set to run with

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The Smoldering Core also helps a bunch on non-elite stuff, too, since it taunts them away from you. It also makes playing non-lightning meteors a lot more palatable, I find.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
THE BOGADILE crucible power is so fun and goofy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They gotta put some of these seasonal powers onto the stat stick legendaries once it's all over because stuff like Magic Missile is just too fun. zip zip zip WHOMPWHOMPWHOMPWHOMPWHOMP

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm hyped after watching how good impale is with the season bonus. It'll be fun playing multishot on the way there too hopefully. Gonna set a goal to do a higher GR than ever this season. I think my highest is around 120 which shouldn't be too hard to beat hopefully. Hopefully I don't burn out before paragon 1000 like usual.
Trip report: journey complete. P9xx something and did a 119 in about 5 min. Plenty of headroom for impale still. Very few ancients so far.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is there a Goon Clan/Community for Switch players?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Is there a Goon Clan/Community for Switch players?

Not that I know of, but there's a switch channel in the discord.

https://discord.gg/yzZC6TeA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MrMidnight posted:

Wow nice. 150 seems pretty doable

At my current pace I estimate that I'll get to about ~141 with Tal's before needing mass Paragon and/or fishing for dream rifts, which is usually where I stop to do gimmicky poo poo for the rest of the season.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I just died? Follower can't die trinket with cheat death, no spirit vessel proc?

First time this has happened. Disspointing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've already found a Cleave Edge and a Dread Judge, now I'm one step closer to my D3 holy grail:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So I'm far along enough now I've started looking up specific builds for the tal rasha set and I'm a bit confused by the Max roll tal rasha build

https://d3.maxroll.gg/guides/tal-rasha-meteor-wizard-guide

Am I just missing something or does this not have a source of fire damage? Does the familiar proc the fire and arcane damage or is it something else?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah, make sure your familiar is runed to sparkflint.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does magic weapon not trigger Tal Rasha? They keep changing how that mechanic works.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Magic Weapon won't trigger Tal Rasha, and even if it did, you wouldn't want the elemental varieties of it anyway. However, passive attacks like Sparkflint and Storm Armor WILL now activate the 6pc. They effectively simplified it such that anything that triggers a meteor now also counts for the 6pc effect.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Well if deflection worked, I could run safe passage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Deflection doesn't and has never added Arcane damage, even though it's given an Arcane rune. Magic Weapon is just a flat 10% weapon damage bonus, with Deflection giving you a passive 3sec shield. There's no actual Arcane damage to activate meteors.

Either way, you probably want to take Conduit instead to drop Arcane Presence from your passives since 2H staves are too slow to really take advantage of Deflection's shield.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bummed that I don’t see a crazy super mirror ball build in the top tiers. Probably going to skip again.
However necro death nova …

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

exquisite tea posted:

I've already found a Cleave Edge and a Dread Judge, now I'm one step closer to my D3 holy grail:

You still need the weapon

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Someone post the blizzard suck weapon or whatever it was

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does CoE affect the storm armor hit against bosses? I am assuming no.

e: Just tested and it did not.

Also got hosed on some gimmick Echoing Nightmare where every single enemy was one of those suicide goblins that left a molten explosion on death. The level advancement thing would only let me advance 1 level at a time since the deaths didn't count as my kills or something.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
How do I prevent my wasteland whirlwind Barbara to not die like a loving idiot on higher difficulties?

T7 is too easy but on TX many enemies oneshot the dude dead. Diamonds in every socket and 40 paragon points in resist all.