Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1563711305114161152

That appears to be an imperial eagle stenciled on a Pantsir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

So if they ever rejoin the international economy, GW's lawyers will be wanting a word.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wonder when Putin's gonna have himself declared Czar

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

When he fabricates the lineage of some pliable woman back to Anastasia Romanov and marries her.

Dude's old and probably full of cancer. Don't see any reason he'd hold back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vengarr posted:

Would you be better off going into combat wearing a Western motorcycle helmet?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Remember, Sergeant Major Sixta was a bigger fan of grooming than we knew

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/retired-generation-kill-officer-sued-by-child-he-molested-10893428

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Vengarr posted:

Would you be better off going into combat wearing a Western motorcycle helmet?

Probably not, I like to take my decomissioned motorcycle helmets and poke 'em full of holes with guns, they have little to no bullet resistance, I even had one that has a carbon fiber and Kevlar construction, and a 9mm handgun round still punched through it like it wasn't there at 50 yards. If you ended up in a fist fight with the Ukrainians it might help a good deal.

Being a Slav with a similar build to the helmet puncher, I guessed he was going to start head butting it at some point, and I'm glad I was correct.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

aphid_licker posted:

There's so much going on with that truck, that the green camo becomes pointless.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elviscat posted:

Being a Slav with a similar build to the helmet puncher, I guessed he was going to start head butting it at some point, and I'm glad I was correct.

How long would it have taken you to give in and headbutt it?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

IPCRESS posted:

So if they ever rejoin the international economy, GW's lawyers will be wanting a word.

Yeah, I was just about to say that's the Warhammer 40k eagle, not the imperial Russia eagle.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, I was just about to say that's the Warhammer 40k eagle, not the imperial Russia eagle.

Yep those assholes stole the Imperium of Man’s emblem.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Elviscat posted:

Probably not, I like to take my decomissioned motorcycle helmets and poke 'em full of holes with guns, they have little to no bullet resistance, I even had one that has a carbon fiber and Kevlar construction, and a 9mm handgun round still punched through it like it wasn't there at 50 yards. If you ended up in a fist fight with the Ukrainians it might help a good deal.

A motorcycle helmet might resist a splinter or piece of debris though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also in gently caress around news.

https://twitter.com/andrewperpetua/status/1563609798288887809?s=21&t=Hl08MGMqGTazBpVfX5vdBQ

He found out.

:acab:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vengarr posted:

A motorcycle helmet might resist a splinter or piece of debris though.

You can't punch or headbutt a motorcycle helmet into submission, either.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Big Russia expert that I am I straight up forgot that this could be taken to refer to the Russian empire lmfao

Yeah it's the Warhams thing

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone should be checking out wartranslated.com every night. They’re also adding English voiceovers for the nightly talks by Z’s Advisor and consider giving them a tip. This type of daily and multiple translated updates of news, blogs, and call intercepts is invaluable.

This however is: Translation: Russian-issued guidelines for agitators in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine.

https://wartranslated.com/translation-russian-issues-guidelines-for-agitators-in-the-temporarily-occupied-territories-of-ukraine/

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Big Russia expert that I am I straight up forgot that this could be taken to refer to the Russian empire lmfao

Yeah it's the Warhams thing

Yeah, Putin's revanchism has included Imperial Russian claims as well as Soviet era ones. I wouldn't put it past him to roll out a platform of Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationality, like the Czars of old, just with a little window dressing and some Soviet flavor.

Never you mind that the two platforms were completely incompatible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gaius Marius posted:

"Any man who must say 'I am the King' is no true King."

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, Putin's revanchism has included Imperial Russian claims as well as Soviet era ones. I wouldn't put it past him to roll out a platform of Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationality, like the Czars of old, just with a little window dressing and some Soviet flavor.

It didn't bother the designers of the war church.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

A.o.D. posted:

I am pretty certain he has already done so.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Russians use expensive high-precision missile to blow up a toilet in Kherson Oblast

quote:

The Russian military hit a public toilet in Kherson Oblast with a rocket worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quote: "The enemy targeted and destroyed another public toilet on the outskirts of Novovorontsovka with a high-precision air-to-surface Kh-59 missile fired from a Su-35 [fighter jet].

The cost of the X-59 is several hundred thousand dollars."

For reference: According to the official definition, the Kh-59 missile is designed to hit "important ground and surface targets covered by anti-aircraft defenсes."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Well, we've known the Russians don't know their asses from a hole in the ground for years now, it's no surprise their intel can't distinguish a shitter from a command and control bunker.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Someone had some Taco Bell and didn’t want to share, can’t hide evidence like that though.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I do all my thinking (which is very little) on the shitter, surely general officers are the same

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

"another public toilet" made me laugh. Apparently they've done it more than once.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I wonder if the Ukranians are putting all their comms and radar near outhouses in case of anti-radiation missile.

RFC2324 posted:

How long would it have taken you to give in and headbutt it?

I would have started with it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

psydude posted:

"another public toilet" made me laugh. Apparently they've done it more than once.

There was a pic early on of a missile/missile fragment that landed cleanly in the bowl of a residential toilet, iirc.

Better aim than the tourists here :v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lots of finding out happening.

https://twitter.com/alexkokcharov/status/1564019276230664192?s=21&t=bO4CFz0vo9Q6j_qlpRsKAQ

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oof

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Video from the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOGjoUP0XA

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Seems bad

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300673507/ukraine-issues-iodine-pills-as-russia-shells-zaporizhzhya-nuclear-plant-again

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Why would Russia be shelling the plant that's occupied by Russian troops and used as a shield to stage Russian equipment?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Why would Russia be shelling the plant that's occupied by Russian troops and used as a shield to stage Russian equipment?

Milosch Minderbindervich assured them payout would be forthcoming.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Stultus Maximus posted:

:magemage:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

madeintaipei posted:

Milosch Minderbindervich assured them payout would be forthcoming.

After all, everyone has a share.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

After all, everyone has a share.

yeah, better open the box and check on those iodine pills before you really need them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stultus Maximus posted:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

B-Rock452 posted:

:nms:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch1xZvNK0iS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= :nms:

Russian soldier confirming Ukraine has started an offensive. Soldier has blood on face and you can hear shooting/explosions in background

Time to start eating even more shot Russia.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Waiting to get better info before I start believing this isn't just more psyops by Ukraine to scare RUAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rust Martialis posted:

Waiting to get better info before I start believing this isn't just more psyops by Ukraine to scare RUAF

Something is going on, and it appears they are starting a try for Kherson.