Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

rip wasbappin, stung to death by wasps

wasbappin hasn't posted since mid july :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Listen I just like listening to podcasts and being mean to people who make podcasts.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I was the guest and that's exactly what I said

I see, sorry to all those I didn't believe.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

Yeah I woke up in a pretty good mood today, thanks for asking.

dont care

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

There was an episode of WTF podcast Louis CK was on before the jackening where he said he used to drive a motorcycle top speed between comedy clubs to do as much comedy as possible in a night.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

just had a huge poo poo, feel free and happy like a woman in a tampon ad

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

rip wasbappin, stung to death by wasps

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

lobster shirt posted:

wasbappin hasn't posted since mid july :(

I need an update on his plan to lobotomise all Russians.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So I listened to F Plus, TrueAnon, and Volts. Fplus was great. TrueAnon was great. Volts is aight.

Volts occupies the same space as Bad Faith, where it is wonkery but pointed against establishment.... But idk I lost patience with Brianna GreyJoy doing the Charly Brown bit, I don't have it in me to listen to another dude make the same journey. Big ups to poster who posted it, I did enjoy the interview with Don't Look Up guy Adam McKay

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/RisenRabbit/status/1563982156220833792?cxt=HHwWgIC9iYPfsLQrAAAA

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

more like wasn't bappin

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I always interpreted the was- as what's, like "wassup"

That is to say, was-bappin was right there

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

I like stav but that just ain't it from him

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

what

err
Apr 11, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The poster is saying that Stav is in error in this particular communique despite feeling positive towards him otherwise in general

err
Apr 11, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

The poster is saying that Stav is in error in this particular communique despite feeling positive towards him otherwise in general

He should be better

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
we're not calling out stav, we're calling him in to do *clap* better *clap*

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

why do cum town fans love imagining people getting mad at them for listening to it so much

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

since falling out with nick stav has successfully escaped containment and started spreading to the normal internet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it is the forbidden fruit that that bitch eve doesnt want you to eat so you eat it behind the tree hoping to get caught

err
Apr 11, 2005

i like how matt did a reading for a book on american collapse and ends up talking about the protestant reformation for the full hour

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

I'm unclear on the dispute, what he said seems correct to me, and I don't see how he could have worded it better?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

some plague rats posted:

I'm unclear on the dispute, what he said seems correct to me, and I don't see how he could have worded it better?

The twitter responders and possibly the poster focus on "big titties" as being objectifying while IMO Stav was aiming for a general, commonly understood aura rather than a specific invocation of large breasts determining political views

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pizza Segregationist posted:

I never understood this line of thinking. People were calling for war the moment the second tower got hit. Why would they go through all the trouble and risk of planting explosives? It's an entirely separate, riskier plot just to make sure the first one succeeds

I think it would have been far less reliable. It was already close, with them having to do stuff like the anthrax attacks to ensure support for the war. If it was already that close, I think it's quite possible that they wouldn't have been able to get the support if neither of the towers had fallen.

To be clear, I don't think the towers were destroyed with demolition (mainly because arranging that would have been extremally impractical). Just that there's a motive there, given a plane hitting the towers and killing < 100 people might not be enough on its own. There's a good chance that they assumed that at least one of the planes (or the net total of them) would have an outcome "good" enough to justify war, since there were also the others (like the Pentagon one).

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

studio mujahideen posted:

why do cum town fans love imagining people getting mad at them for listening to it so much

For sure the CT fan base at large is definitely full of deranged psychos. In this case though I think the tweeter is referring to how a more mainstream audience would take issue if someone cherry-picked quotes from his earlier podcast, with the intention of slandering Stavros by presenting them out of context. Certainly these would be more damaging in the eyes of the sort of person tweeting “literally leftist men will claim to be feminists and then objectify women for no reason” lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

large breasts determining political views

The world is not ready for this conversation

Not every woman with large breasts goes on Fox news but every woman who goes on Fox news has large breasts

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
taking progesterone so i can be a conservative

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

TheSlutPit posted:

For sure the CT fan base at large is definitely full of deranged psychos. In this case though I think the tweeter is referring to how a more mainstream audience would take issue if someone cherry-picked quotes from his earlier podcast, with the intention of slandering Stavros by presenting them out of context. Certainly these would be more damaging in the eyes of the sort of person tweeting “literally leftist men will claim to be feminists and then objectify women for no reason” lol

i wonder what would happen if they heard the bill maher cold open because man

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

has cia asset robert evens had jude doyle on to bitch about the bruenigs

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

The twitter responders and possibly the poster focus on "big titties" as being objectifying while IMO Stav was aiming for a general, commonly understood aura rather than a specific invocation of large breasts determining political views
Theres a French movie called The Names of Love with a main character who sleeps with fascist men and converts them after they busted.

Seems to me that American leftists have an obligation to smash as many big titty Republican women as possible and then send them a link to David Harvey's lectures on Capital.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
people not getting Stavs joke is fine, im just waiting for the thursday ep when Nick says out of the blue "actually her tits are kinda mid" making Adam spit out his drink (again)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Why did cumtown break up (serious answers only)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Why did cumtown break up (serious answers only)
it was going to end at end of 2022 anyways and stav is trying to launch his youtube + netflix comedy special career, basically he's going to be the next Jim Gaffigan, and being tied to a controversial podcast was probably not great for that. also moving to baltimore and probably not wanting to go to brooklyn or w/e weekly

basically just accelerated the schedule by like 5 months

the adam friedland show kicks rear end

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
it is funny nick has put 500% effort into one month of adam friedland show than the past two years of cum town. he sounds way happier and motivated now. if anything, stav leaving saved cum town.

also stav seemed to have gotten tired of nick calling him fat or maybe that was just a pure coincidence that last episode they did was them arguing about nick calling him unhealthy all the time

but again, it was always planned to end in like 6 months anyways

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
just hearing the first bit of the home improvement theme before the guitar riffs brings a smile to my face, so it was worth it

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

studio mujahideen posted:

I like making my PoC friends listen to cumtown where nick says the words

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Xaris posted:

it is funny nick has put 500% effort into one month of adam friedland show than the past two years of cum town. he sounds way happier and motivated now. if anything, stav leaving saved cum town.

also stav seemed to have gotten tired of nick calling him fat or maybe that was just a pure coincidence that last episode they did was them arguing about nick calling him unhealthy all the time

but again, it was always planned to end in like 6 months anyways
do you need video to enjoy TAFS? haven't really listened to cum town the past couple years (except some youtube compilations etc.)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Maya Fey posted:

do you need video to enjoy TAFS? haven't really listened to cum town the past couple years (except some youtube compilations etc.)

it depends on the bit

video started out as (intentionally) bad and pointless, but ramping up the quality up to the ep where Adam actually does a monologue which also had actual visual jokes

and then followed up again with an ep where the video is a distraction (i.e. Nick hiding from the camera)

Goa Tse-tung has issued a correction as of 10:20 on Aug 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it depends on the bit

video started out as (intentionally) bad and pointless, but ramping up the quality up to the ep where Adam actually does a monologue which also had actual visual puns

and then followed up again with an ep where the video is a distraction (i.e. Nick hiding from the camera)

:thx: