Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Stopped by my local church today to stock up on food and missed that it is move-in weekend for one of the nearby colleges. The foot traffic I could deal with, but my jaw dropped watching students shop with their parents and walk out with $4k furniture sets + all manner of other items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol "90 with two kids inside" hahahaha

You're under a shaded canopy even, and they car will still remain cool-ish for a few minutes after turning off the A/C

Come on dude

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nocheez posted:

I drive a hybrid, and when you pull up to the gas pump you hit the button to open the fuel door and the car engine stays off while you refuel. The Costco attendant today made himself look really dumb and had me shut my car off in 90 degree heat with my 2 young children inside. I explained it was on battery and not running but he insisted.

It was just so loving stupid and I don't have the energy to argue with idiots anymore.

What brand of kimchi did you get

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
also, air conditioners use a compressor motor that generates sparks. there was a case here a while back of a trailer exploding at a construction site because a small fridge and BBQ had been locked to in it. The propane tank leaked and when the fridge compressor started it exploded.

Actually wasn't this a plot point in fight club?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I doubt it but it is like 50 dollars cheaper so whatever I'll try it. When it makes weird noises and sucks I'm blaming you.

The woozoo is adorable, has a remote control, and does a little figure-8 dance if you have both up/down and left-right oscillations enabled. On medium and from at arm's length it's very quiet and feels like a gentle breeze.

The vornado is an expensive, made in the USA powerhouse that has 3 buttons (you'll only need the first) and shifts air like nobody's business. On low and from across the room it feels like it's going to blast a layer of skin off my face, and sounds like... zzzzzzzzz. Sorry, I like to sleep to "fan noise."

Vornado bonus point: once you find this one hidden screw (very bottom, in a deep well), the thing comes apart easily for cleaning. Haven't had to clean out the Woozoo, but it looks like there are tabs on the back you can press to make the front grille pop off? If so, the Woozoo might wind up with extra bonus points for tool-free maintenance.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
How cheap was the gas compared to the nearest other station though???

(as an aside - I filled up the other week and saw the biggest difference in Costco vs the nearest gas station - over $1/gal. insane. gas prices make no sense, deliberately I'm sure)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh yeah i haven't tried to use the woozoo as a big honkin air movin fan, i just keep it in my desk on the gentle breeze mode

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think an underrated feature of the gas line is watching people operate it like it's their first time. Some real slow operators out there.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

*line 4 cars deep cruise in and fill on the far side of the car*

Yo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

StormDrain posted:

I think an underrated feature of the gas line is watching people operate it like it's their first time. Some real slow operators out there.

I just now started getting gas at Costco thanks to this thread (why not before: I am very stupid) so I'll ask now...

If you are next in line and the spot opens up that is the car space one ahead of the car right in front of you how do you get in there???

It doesn't look like I can fit around

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

I just now started getting gas at Costco thanks to this thread (why not before: I am very stupid) so I'll ask now...

If you are next in line and the spot opens up that is the car space one ahead of the car right in front of you how do you get in there???

Just drive over there and back in.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Spinz posted:

Just wait a little bit longer and then you and the next car behind you can both pull up to the pumps, no difficult maneuvering required.

e: also valid

StormDrain posted:

Just drive over there and back in.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

SamDabbers posted:

Just wait a little bit longer and then you and the next car behind you can both pull up to the pumps, no difficult maneuvering required.

e: also valid

See I was terrified waiting was wrong and I'd get crucified

There is no room to "back in"
??

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

??

Yours must have three pumps in a row. Mine only has two so there's plenty of room to pull through and back in.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Have you never parallel parked before?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Still think it's wild how some people can just pull into the middle or front spots at some Costcos. They're blocked off the middle lane here because people are too cutthroat I guess and they don't want cars speeding and crashing next to gas pumps.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm good at it^^
There's not enough room between the lanes and yes we have 3 pumps in a row

It's cool, now I know that I'm not guaranteed to be assaulted if I wait

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

fischtick posted:

The woozoo is adorable, has a remote control, and does a little figure-8 dance if you have both up/down and left-right oscillations enabled. On medium and from at arm's length it's very quiet and feels like a gentle breeze.

The vornado is an expensive, made in the USA powerhouse that has 3 buttons (you'll only need the first) and shifts air like nobody's business. On low and from across the room it feels like it's going to blast a layer of skin off my face, and sounds like... zzzzzzzzz. Sorry, I like to sleep to "fan noise."

Vornado bonus point: once you find this one hidden screw (very bottom, in a deep well), the thing comes apart easily for cleaning. Haven't had to clean out the Woozoo, but it looks like there are tabs on the back you can press to make the front grille pop off? If so, the Woozoo might wind up with extra bonus points for tool-free maintenance.

I also sleep with a fan on I've been using a vornado yellow industrial fan https://www.lowes.com/pd/Vornado-10-in-3-Speed-Indoor-Industrial-Fan/1000514543 or whatever the equivalent was when I bought it.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Spinz posted:

??

One time I was next in line and the pump immediately in front of me opened up. I saw that the guy on the far pump was almost done so waited another 30 seconds so that the person behind me could also pull up. We both pulled up to the pumps and she thanked me for making it so she didn't have to try to pull around me. Spread the peace and be considerate to your fellow congregants!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My Costco gas station is only 5 cents cheaper than my local Kroger gas, it's like they're not even trying. I haven't been there in months!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Costco used to have really good deals on premium gas, but my local QT has been equal to their prices roughly for the last two months.

Must be a supply issue.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just went to Costco specifically for a $1.50 hot dog and drink (plus refill)

What a deal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Just went to Costco specifically for a $1.50 hot dog and drink (plus refill)

What a deal

Even more cheap gas from costco

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Ineffiable posted:

Costco used to have really good deals on premium gas, but my local QT has been equal to their prices roughly for the last two months.

Must be a supply issue.

My car requires premium and I used to fill up at Shell exclusively but for the past year or so I've been going to Costco instead. Even linking my sister's Dunkin' Donuts rewards card to my Shell account which racks up five cents off per gallon for every five drinks she buys (she and her two daughters go to Dunkin' daily), I still get nearly a dollar off per gallon at Costco when the need to fill up arises.

PBUC.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Costco's gas prices are so far out of normal here they have caused actual local competition

The unmanned truck fill stations nearby have started ignoring the fuel cycle because of Costco

(Per litre, premium)

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

large hands posted:

also, air conditioners use a compressor motor that generates sparks. there was a case here a while back of a trailer exploding at a construction site because a small fridge and BBQ had been locked to in it. The propane tank leaked and when the fridge compressor started it exploded.

Actually wasn't this a plot point in fight club?

Sorry, that was just a movie plot and not how reality works. Fridges use a sealed compressor and no fan. Building, portable, and window AC units also use a sealed compressor. The only thing that is open to atmosphere is the fan motor. Automotive AC units are either belt driven (ICE) or brushless and sealed (hybrid/electric).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Shear Modulus posted:

i refuse

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

norp posted:

(Per litre, premium)

Speak American, dammit!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
parallel parking when I know someone is going to move within the minute and people are walking around is just not worth it. i'll always wait for the bay to finish and leave together

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Speak American, dammit!

(Each quarter gallon, I'm number one)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It's a bit more than a quarter gallon, a US gallon is something like 3.78L and the UK gallon is 4.54L

It's quite useful that a litre is the same size no matter which loving country you are in.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What is the unit of currency here? It says Perth airport, but i didn't think that gas was 180 dollarydoos per liter

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Cents

So that $1.80/L is $4.66 (including tax) in freedom dollars per gallon

norp fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 29, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wacky rear end currency units

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

sorry fellow americans, the overseas costcos already beat us by having the superior bake

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I’m gonna say it: I don’t care for the chicken bake. It’s not bad but it’s not at all close to something I would ever eat again and deprive myself of a $1.50 hot dog (plus drink with refill)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

It's a glorified hot pocket, yeah. That being said, Hot Pockets are a guilty pleasure of mine sooo

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't like ranch though so the chicken bake just doesn't do it for me.

I'd rather have a hot pocket imo

(or an italian sausage sando RIP)

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I misplaced a costco gift card that had $22 on it. Praying to the costco gods I find it again. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

I’m gonna say it: I don’t care for the chicken bake. It’s not bad but it’s not at all close to something I would ever eat again and deprive myself of a $1.50 hot dog (plus drink with refill)

It’s ok? It’s just kinda bland.