Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Place your bets, what’s the big commander announcement going to be today? Context:

https://twitter.com/mtgcommander/status/1562802781651894272?s=21&t=6JMctdUxVOV4xBNuvphwxw

I hope they don’t ban anything.

The assassain lord needs to be banned or altered so a salty concession doesn't end the game for everyone else.
At the very least, the RC needs to look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
"from now on Commander will use 60 card decks"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Commander has been banned. All commander players must report to WotC headquarters to have their decks incinerated

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Commander has been banned. All commander players must report to WotC headquarters to have their decks incinerated

Okay but what about the other ninety-seven cards

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

maybe they'll redo the banlist completely from the ground up. make it apply to cedh exclusively and tell everyone else to rule 0 the cards they personally don't like. they'd probably have to lock menery in a box and throw it in the ocean to be able to do that at this point though

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

The assassain lord needs to be banned or altered so a salty concession doesn't end the game for everyone else.
At the very least, the RC needs to look at it.

Which card are you talking about?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Shortest Path posted:

Which card are you talking about?

This guy

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The top 5 things that the Commander RC needs to be looking at for format health:

1. Firing Sheldon
2. Ban Thoracle
3. Implement Scry Rule
4. Shared partner commander tax
5. Firing Sheldon

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
What’s the scry rule?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I guess the rumour is Sheldon might be stepping down for health reasons and that’s what the announcement is.

Right now I don’t think anything needs to be banned but I’d love to see a decent chunk of the ban list be freed and wishboards implemented. I don’t really care about it but I guess changing how Hybrid mana works for colour identity would be fine too.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grifter posted:

What’s the scry rule?

In an multiplayer player game, each player gets to Scry X times where X is the number of player before them. Conquest uses it to mitigate the effect of going last and the quarterly data shows it's been working and that players enjoy it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Toshimo posted:

The top 5 things that the Commander RC needs to be looking at for format health:

1. Firing Sheldon
2. Ban Thoracle
3. Implement Scry Rule
5. Firing Sheldon

Bazinga

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I looked at another card with a game loss based effect, Blood Tyrant.

quote:

Blood Tyrant’s third ability will trigger no matter how a player loses the game: due to a state-based action (as a result of having a life total of 0 or less, trying to draw a card from an empty library, or having ten poison counters), a spell or ability that says that player loses the game, a concession, or a game loss awarded by a judge.
(2009-02-01)

Meaning in the declare blockers step I can start punching people in an attempt to get thrown out by a judge as part of a kingmaker ploy on the Ramses player's behalf.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I looked at another card with a game loss based effect, Blood Tyrant.

Meaning in the declare blockers step I can start punching people in an attempt to get thrown out by a judge as part of a kingmaker ploy on the Ramses player's behalf.

The problem is when the player at 1 life and no blockers concedes during your first main phase before you can attack them

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Devor posted:

The problem is when the player at 1 life and no blockers concedes during your first main phase before you can attack them

Haha wow this effect relies a lot on social contracts about proper concession timing and playing things out.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Toshimo posted:

In an multiplayer player game, each player gets to Scry X times where X is the number of player before them. Conquest uses it to mitigate the effect of going last and the quarterly data shows it's been working and that players enjoy it.

scry 1 X times or scry X once?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lol that they printed a Victory Dragon effect in 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

When is pre-release for DU, this week?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

No changes. Oracle and Dockside chads stay winning.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jiro posted:

When is pre-release for DU, this week?

Yeah starting on Friday I believe

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Paper prerelease starts this Friday, full paper set release next Friday, Arena & MTGO release this Thursday

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Lol that they printed a Victory Dragon effect in 2022

Yugioh banned those cards specifically to avoid the situation that everyone is freaking out about lmao

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Victory dragon is like 20 years old, this is a known problem

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is the match the best of three? Because I looked up Exodia and it says you win the Duel

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah if you win the game with that card you win the entire Bo3. The issue being you can always just concede the game before it hits you.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
The announcement is less impactful than anticipated. Unless you like the Canadian highlander philosophy that is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MasterBuilder posted:

The announcement is less impactful than anticipated. Unless you like the Canadian highlander philosophy that is.

I think it’s cool that they said where they’re at with Oracle and Dockside, and Rebell is going to be a great addition.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

gently caress you!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Toshimo posted:

1. Firing Sheldon
2. Ban Thoracle
3. Implement Scry Rule
5. Firing Sheldon

whats the scry rule?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

whats the scry rule?

Grifter posted:

What’s the scry rule?

Toshimo posted:

:v

I think it makes sense. The starting player has the biggest advantage over the other three players, so that makes up for it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I suppose that is one thing that wizards has consistently slept on with their massive amount of try hard play data from online play.
Finding a compensation for playing second that actually moves the winrates to equal.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/MissDeusGeek/status/1564055833897447425?t=ujVoQ_VZNqRFz74Z_k_Nkw&s=19

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
J-Jaya Juice!!??

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

J-Jaya Juice!!??

What, did you want them to just waste her body?

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
cowards probably didn't even include secret phyrexian oil in the ajani drink

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
ajani sleeper agent drink that has benadril instead of coffee

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I could crush a taro milk tea rbn

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://www.clackeys.com/kamigawaneo#keyset

Those keycaps are sick as hell, but $150???

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

LifeLynx posted:

As someone pretty deep down the custom mechanical keyboard rabbit hole, that's pretty on par pricewise for a designer keycap set with novelty keys included. A bit lower than average since it includes keys for all different layouts of boards.

EDIT: Also, if you want them, get them asap, because once the group buy ends and the end product gets distributed, you'd be looking at easily twice the price on the secondhand market.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LifeLynx posted:

Pretty good deal, that's only 10 bucks more than two usb cables!