Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
NOUNS - WHILE OF UNSOUND MIND dropped today!!!! Their first full release since like 2014!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
New Botch out of nowhere!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

I'm not blown away by the new MCR track. Love the band to pieces, but the track doesn't really go anywhere and the mix sounds really muddy.

Really hoping that if this is pre-empting a new album, it's at least polished up.

After a coming back to the song after a while, my mind's changed a bit. The song owns, the mix is just garbage.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b00u9ba1EwE

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
God drat Anthony Green's voice is so pretty. I dunno what devil he made a deal with, but it's just as smooth now as it was 20 years ago.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
And Yip produced it? Ok I'm in.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Going to see MCR tonight, huge fan of the first few albums, decide to peek at the setlist and see they broke out Vampires Will Never Hurt You for the first time since 2012(hiatus, I know) to start the encore last night

Hoping lightning can strike two days in a row

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Not a huge surprise but it sounds like Circa Survive is calling it quits. The bright side is this probably means even more Anthony Green/Will Yip productions in the future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/circasurvive/comments/x1tx6s/creature_club_is_shutting_down/

Edit: Or not??

Skrill.exe fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 31, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Skrill.exe posted:

Not a huge surprise but it sounds like Circa Survive is calling it quits. The bright side is this probably means even more Anthony Green/Will Yip productions in the future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/circasurvive/comments/x1tx6s/creature_club_is_shutting_down/

Edit: Or not??

A real shame (if that's what happening?), I've wanted to see Circa live.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

this is extremely loving cool

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

God drat Anthony Green's voice is so pretty. I dunno what devil he made a deal with, but it's just as smooth now as it was 20 years ago.

Also I've listened to the song like 10 times today, it fuckin rules

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Framboise posted:

A real shame (if that's what happening?), I've wanted to see Circa live.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyGreen/status/1564795166870962180

It could just be a hiatus where they're giving up on the Patreon but planning on reuniting? Idk

I attempted to see Circa like 5 times over the past two years but due to pandemic shenanigans the shows either got canceled or I couldn't make it. Hoping they're not totally done so I can finally see them.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Framboise posted:

you need to listen to his solo album he just put out this year - it's absolutely delightful. They masterfully layered in this brass throughout the whole album and it's imo his best work.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Slotducks posted:

you need to listen to his solo album he just put out this year - it's absolutely delightful. They masterfully layered in this brass throughout the whole album and it's imo his best work.

It usually takes me awhile to warm up to a new album and Anthony Green is probably my favorite artist working today. I started considering it his best album about 2/3rds of the way through my first listen. It's that good.

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
Blood command in Copenhagen were pretty great. Nikki is going to go far if she can get in front of the right crowd, her energy is going to make the band a lot of fans.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

This loving slaps. I've seen Anthony Green 10+ times and I had no idea this supergroup existed. Thanks for posting, I'm hyped for this album

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

angrygodofjebus posted:

This loving slaps. I've seen Anthony Green 10+ times and I had no idea this supergroup existed. Thanks for posting, I'm hyped for this album

They blinked into existence last Friday or so and that's their only released song so far. I think they're playing as a group and with their respective bands at the When You Were Young fest too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh this sounds doooooooope

Last time I saw Circa was in 2017 for the On Letting Go 10th anniversary tour. I love that album so much.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
NOFX have announced they’re calling it quits after 2023

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Gaz2k21 posted:

NOFX have announced they’re calling it quits after 2023

It should be noted that Fat Mike made this announcement in a reply to an Instagram comment

I've somehow never seen them so I guess if I want to see them give 60% to the crowd its now or never

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I thought NOFX broke up 10 years ago.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I saw them 7 or 8 years ago and they were great. That said I won’t pretend I’ve listened to an album of theirs since circa 2007

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
i heard they suck live

for actual content, The Decline is timeless.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I dislike NOFX/pop-punk immensely but after reading Sellout, I think Fat Mike may not be that bad. He's released a LOT of music and not been a dick about holding bands hostage (looking at you, Victory)

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
re; Pop Punk

Joyce Manor's 40oz to Fresno seems like a return to the style of their self titled and Never Hungover again. p good imo.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I saw NOFX 20 years ago at Warped Tour and they played gently caress the Kids. That's all I remember. :corsair:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pop punk as a genre peaked with Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Which is also the best 70s punk album.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Pop punk as a genre peaked with Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Which is also the best 70s punk album.

Not even the best Buzzcocks album, nor the best 70s punk album, nor the peak of pop punk! I disagree thrice!!!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

That album is good but I reject it as pop punk insofar as Ramones are also not pop punk and also Wire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Keelhaul has to be just about the most underrated hardcore band ever. Keelhaul 2 is such a loving amazing album. Been thinking about them again lately since Botch is doing their thing again now. Despite being on Hydrahead no one ever seemed to care about Kellhaul at all, but I think they were one of the best bands on that label.

I mean...How the hell was this album not more popular?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdX8QUIGJsY

Also that new botch track is disappointing tbh I hope the full album sounds less generic than that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They’re not doing an album. The track was a bonus for the We Are the Romans reissue.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://kingchubby.bandcamp.com/releases

eleven extra elephants posted:

Not even the best Buzzcocks album, nor the best 70s punk album, nor the peak of pop punk! I disagree thrice!!!

Singles Going Steady has more great songs (eðli málsins samkvæmt) but it's a compilation not a proper album.

Love Bites is a close second but I think Another Kitchen just flows better and that Sixteen is their best song.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 5, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Probably posted about La Armada before but listen to La Armada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QmvR0yEkw

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
E: Sold this ticket

camoseven fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 13, 2022

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

stramit posted:

Blood command in Copenhagen were pretty great. Nikki is going to go far if she can get in front of the right crowd, her energy is going to make the band a lot of fans.

Yeah, that was a really great show — was a bit worried with the turnout, but she definitely knew how to make the most of it. The warmup act was also surprisingly good!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Melt Banana tour hell yes

https://melt-banana.net/202210_USAtour.html

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

:hellyeah:

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I feel like a giant turd for being too tired to go see Pup tonight.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I missed seeing Pup in probably the last chance I'll ever get to see them in a venue smaller than Terminal 5 in NYC (and gently caress Terminal 5) because I pulled a muscle doing something stupid like getting out of bed 2 days beforehand and could barely stand, I am still loving furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
My brother is seeing IDLES tonight and I'm insanely jealous. But also I'm about to go to bed, so...