Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

epswing posted:

Fixed for me :bighow:

Well yes, that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Tyro posted:

2017 SV650 ABS, just over 10K miles.

Looks great, nice work

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Tyro posted:

New biek!

2017 SV650 ABS, just over 10K miles.

Picked up this weekend.

First step was reinstall factory mirrors as the little bullshit bar end mirrors weren't very useful.

Got it all legal to ride (paperwork and state inspection)

Now to make room in the garage, it's a real tight fit right now between my car and the 2 motorcycles.

Real pretty!

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
Red really is the best color on that vintage. I want one. As soon as I've sold a vehicle.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Tyro posted:

Now to make room in the garage, it's a real tight fit right now between my car and the 2 motorcycles.
Ohh nice find! Not-hosed-up SV650s in this market seem hard to come across.

I am also playing garage Tetris now that I found myself with another bike. Seriously considering selling my car while the vehicle market is so stupidly overblown, I'd have so much space...

2021 CBR600RR. This thing feels like it's from another era. Undertail exhaust, beautifully simple instrument panel with analog tach, no electronics to speak of :discourse: I love it.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I am also playing garage Tetris now that I found myself with another bike. Seriously considering selling my car while the vehicle market is so stupidly overblown, I'd have so much space...

2021 CBR600RR. This thing feels like it's from another era. Undertail exhaust, beautifully simple instrument panel with analog tach, no electronics to speak of :discourse: I love it.

Ha. I definitely need the car for commute in winter, but I hear you there...

It's not quite as clean as that photo makes it look. The other side of the tank has a dent and a chip from where a PO dropped it while parking, but they aren't terrible and other than that I haven't found any issues.

It also came with a box containing soft side bag, the stock seat, exhaust, fender, bar end weights, and turn signals, a Givi rear rack and tail case (which unfortunately aren't compatible with the installed tail tidy, or I'd have already installed them), and a couple sets of Renthal bars.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Ooooh nice. This is the bike that everyone forgot was still being sold in the US in another thread. So uhhh how fast is 2nd gear at 15k rpm? 3rd?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tyro posted:

Ha. I definitely need the car for commute in winter, but I hear you there...
For me it's the summers, it gets brutal, especially monsoon season. Between that and the regular 20 minute errands it would be really iffy and annoying to be without a car. Unless, I get another, larger, more practical motorcycle :thunk:

Russian Bear posted:

Ooooh nice. This is the bike that everyone forgot was still being sold in the US in another thread. So uhhh how fast is 2nd gear at 15k rpm? 3rd?
I haven't really ripped on it yet, between getting the title, registration, and insurance all taken care of, but I'm really having to get used to the revs just climbing and climbing past the point where it feels like you should be bouncing off a limiter. :getin:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That CBRR lookin' good!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Nice. The mechanical bits I can see look surprisingly similar to my old 2006 model. Great bike.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

RightClickSaveAs posted:

For me it's the summers, it gets brutal, especially monsoon season. Between that and the regular 20 minute errands it would be really iffy and annoying to be without a car. Unless, I get another, larger, more practical motorcycle :thunk:

All are welcome in the dadbike thread. Become one of us.

Edit: Forgot what thread this was. Fortunately I have very recent pics.

Bought some comic books yesterday in advance of spending several boring (and one very exciting) day in the maternity ward in a few weeks, and couldn't walk away without taking a quick pic of the Scrambler.

Then washed the Harley for the first and likely last time this year.

Strife fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 29, 2022

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Knocked off work only a bit late so headed down to the lake on the Scrambler with my girlfriend for a swim

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A picture from two and half years ago that makes me miss the Alps.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

A picture from two and half years ago that makes me miss the Alps.

I've never been to the Alps and this picture makes me miss them

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Well, lol

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That owns so much.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Enhance

I am a literal child

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is their sister city peniston?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Welcome to Fuckin Pennsylvania

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

quote:

Roads $20,000

Fire $15,000

Police $80,000

Welcome To Intercourse signs $3,600,000

Utility $15,000

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my town is dying

quote:

Call it something less silly

quote:

no

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

golden hour is ez mode

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Having such a fine looking bike is ez mode

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

:swoon:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

FBS posted:

golden hour is ez mode

Thick. Solid. Tight.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Oh my.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

This thing is wonky as hell but drat do I like it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

This is loving amazing and you need to post more of it!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's inexplicable, but that brown looks great.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I’m sorry, is that an elevated pillion seat with a grab ring your gloves are sitting on?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Carteret posted:

BabelFish posted:

I’m sorry, is that an elevated pillion seat with a grab ring your gloves are sitting on?

gently caress that rules

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Carteret posted:

Yeah it wouldn't be my first choice but when I saw it in person it just looks right on a Ural

BabelFish posted:

Yep I swapped out the basic seat for tandem tractor seats, rear passenger can hang onto the ring or hand holds along the side plus the ring kinda acts as a little backrest when I need it. Its pretty great to be able to have an extra person come along. Its surprisingly useful and really nice around town. Plus with three people on it, it absolutely breaks necks.

Fievel Goes Bi fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 5, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Gunner seat!

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

Does the centerstand even work with the sidecar attached?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
The Centerstand is more used as a parking brake on side cars. A working parking brake is part of the registration process of a side car atleast here in Norway.

What you never do is have the side car running, in neutral on a slight incline with out using the centre stand while you step away from it. That leads to fun.

Tow straps are nice. and we where lucky my brothers jawa 350 was only around 450lsb/205 kg with the luggage removed.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 6, 2022

dema
Aug 13, 2006

^ That is a thing.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

dema posted:

^ That is a thing.

:discourse: on the color matching with the orange ziptie on the front shock!

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I think that's a factory rubber band

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dema posted:

^ That is a thing.

Cool bike, detestable speedo. It could look like bloody anything and they chose 'Chinese army ruggedized ipad'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of KTMs (nice KTM above me) and screens, in direct sun, my screen can be a real pain to read, it isn't tilted toward me enough.

I have 1,000 miles on my bike now, almost one third the total miles on the bike and all in one month.