Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

Zhongli might feel kind of bad to get as a very early 5* because what he does is fundamentally uninteresting and he doesnt really deal damage. But he's used a lot by almost everyone who owns him regardless of how big their roster is.

I think petrifying the enemies with a giant meteor and making your dudes practically unkillable is pretty cool! But yeah he's not exactly deleting screens of enemies, and needs hp% gear to make your team unkillable.
My first 5 star was Qiqi and Itto was my second, so I also might have a lower bar for 5 stars than most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Word on the street is that Dehya is a burning-based character. I liked her character and design in the story and burning interests me more than melt/vape, so I hope that's true.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

gandlethorpe posted:

Word on the street is that Dehya is a burning-based character. I liked her character and design in the story and burning interests me more than melt/vape, so I hope that's true.

Is she a 4 or 5 star?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is she a 4 or 5 star?

https://twitter.com/hxg_diluc/status/1544615111041564672

probably going to be a banner with 5* Nilou if you ask me

VVV okay disregard that, seems we have a more recent leak

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 29, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

5 star pyro claymore is all we know for sure. The sus leaked kit looks fun so I hope it's true.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The biggest issue with having Zhongli is you absolutely forget how to play without his shield and then try to face tank something with squishy characters and are sad.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I leveled up my talents some (to 6, which is the cap until I ascend him again), and Tighnari is actually very good now. The biggest damage number from each of his charged attacks is around ~15-16k now (as a crit, but it usually crits), and 3 of those rapidly back-to-back is very high damage.

If I manage to coordinate things correctly (which usually seems to happen randomly), Yae Miko's burst also hits for a ton - each electro explosion from it sometimes hits for like 45k (and I think there are 4 total if you have all her turrets out).

Stare-Out posted:

Completed the Aranyaka, unless there are more than 6 chapters to it. Took me a while because the hints it gives you are vague as hell, mostly just stumbled upon progress in a lot of places.

The Dendro zipline things might be my favorite addition mechanically, but I think the plants that create them reset every day, at least some of them definitely do. Kind of a drag to have to trigger them again every time but maybe they'd cause some kind of a visual overload in certain areas, I don't know.

My only issue with the Dendro ziplines is that, if playing with a controller, it's very easy to gently caress up and do a plunge attack instead (because you have to let off L for a moment before hitting L+X again, and if you either do it too quickly or don't remove your finger from L beforehand it does a plunge attack because of the X).

It's great on mobile, though, since it's just a glowing button that appears. I don't know how it works on keyboard/mouse.

Excelzior posted:

it feels like Bloom and Burning just suck? My Dendro MC is 100% all about proc'ing Quicken/Aggravate

I get the impression that Bloom is meant to always be converted into Hyperbloom or (IIRC) Burgeon, which do significantly higher damage (I think with high EM they can do like 15-18k, which I could see adding up to a lot since you can create multiple little bloom seed things). I'm not sure how good those actually are in practice, though.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 29, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I doubt the accuracy of any dehya kit leaks (beyond 5* claymore), but adding a fourth vaporize focused character (fifth if we include yanfei) does not make much sense to me. Burning is so, so undertuned that it's hard to envision what it will look like - burning conceptually makes the most sense with 3 dendro 1 pyro but again this requires a deeper dendro roster than we have today to make it work.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

My only issue with the Dendro ziplines is that, if playing with a controller, it's very easy to gently caress up and do a plunge attack instead (because you have to let off L for a moment before hitting L+X again, and if you either do it too quickly or don't remove your finger from L beforehand it does a plunge attack because of the X).

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

if you're midair you can just hit RB to swing to the next one. You only need to hit L+X if you're on the ground

Oh wow, I don't think the interface was clear about this. That's good to know.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excelzior posted:

Same as the Inazuma ones. The only thing is that Dendro gives you a bit of an air boost so you can also kinda make it onto a ledge afterwards.

Republicans posted:

I was wondering what dumb bullshit the new world boss was gonna do to keep you from hurting it but LOL no you can kill it in like 10 seconds. Also it seems you get 3 ascension materials every time now which is extremely welcome.

Yeah, it's so refreshing to finally have another world boss you can just beat up without having to wait for them to get back within range or turn off their invincibility. And I'm someone that did that enough times to bring Heizou and Yelan to 80+ and Shinobu to 70+ It never got less annoying to do.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How do you unlock the new weekly boss?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's pretty amusing that in 3 days we're going from 12-3 ruin serpent to 12-3 big green chicken that falls over. Proof of sumeru's superiority as a region.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How do you unlock the new weekly boss?

I don't think there is one yet. Version 3.1 might get one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

It's pretty amusing that in 3 days we're going from 12-3 ruin serpent to 12-3 big green chicken that falls over. Proof of sumeru's superiority as a region.

I wonder if Inazuma is just going to perpetually be a very specific difficulty spike like the Heart of Thorns expansion in GW2, a time when the open world and enemy difficulty ramped up really quickly followed immediately by ramping back down and staying at around that level. Too early to say for what comes after Sumeru I guess

Same for raising Inazuma characters. The ability to just walk into Sumeru is really nice in case you pull a Sumeru character but haven't gotten that far in the story yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zhongli might've lost favor pre-buff as far as utility, now he's a no-brainer based on him giving elemental shred and atk boost via his BiS artifacts

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also as a minor utility, hey can command all ore veins to immediately shatter. :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Also as a minor utility, hey can command all ore veins to immediately shatter. :v:

It's hard for me to take Zhongli out of my overworld team because of this

Of course having two of my open world team slots fully locked down between him and Kazuha is kind of a downside but they're just both too drat convenient

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Theres what looks like a real obvious boss arena in caves on the northern ridge of the valley with the giant dead rune grader (the interactive map labels as Devantaka mountains) that currently has 2 ruin matchines in it, I kind of wondered if thats the site of a future weekly boss. Its a fairly straight run through some caves from the teleport point.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Zhongli's on my sumeru exploration team explicitly for the rock breaking

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's hard for me to put together one good Sumeru exploration team because I refuse to remove Kazuha or Zhongli, and it's a good idea to have someone with dendro on the team, and for the last slot I need someone who can do good damage mostly without reactions (or I need to just stop for a while and finally build an electro character or something). Right now I'm using Ayato but he just makes me wish I could fit in an electro character and get some hyperbloom rolling, but then I'd have to drop either Kazuha or Zhongli...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For those going for full map clear or just in the mood to explore and treasure hunt, remember that there's a whole bunch of new stuff on the border of Liyue and Sumeru too, north of the Chasm. They even added new things to the Liyue side of it which is kind of neat.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kazuha's plunging attacks break all rocks in an aoe in two hits (one for iron) with a ridiculously short CD :shrug:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Trying to put together an aggravate team is suffering because anemo is so good with it, but I hate running without a healer/shielder. Jean would be perfect with that in mind, and it makes missing her/how hard she is to ever get sting more.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So much of Sumeru open world content requires Dendro and/or strongly encourages a bow, like sniping Withering Zone branches or those big Dendroculus targets. I didn't realize for a while how much Tighnari made it a non-issue. I imagine Collei helps the same with puzzles, but she doesn't wreck poo poo like Tigh.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

So much of Sumeru open world content requires Dendro and/or strongly encourages a bow, like sniping Withering Zone branches or those big Dendroculus targets. I didn't realize for a while how much Tighnari made it a non-issue. I imagine Collei helps the same with puzzles, but she doesn't wreck poo poo like Tigh.

Aggravate with Fischl. She's ascended to basically being a 5 star like Xingqiu and Xiangling. She's so incredibly strong with it, it's really nuts.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

Trying to put together an aggravate team is suffering because anemo is so good with it, but I hate running without a healer/shielder. Jean would be perfect with that in mind, and it makes missing her/how hard she is to ever get sting more.
I wouldnt worry too much. We'll get a dendro healer eventually and that will be way better than using Jean.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Double Dendro/Electro sounds like a fun comp. Traveler and Collei are a bit underwhelming on their own, but should be strong when they can spam bursts and stack tons of team EM. Traveler's burst applies a decent amount of Dendro over its duration, but the AoE is pitiful. Their E is also lackluster. Collei has deceptively poor application on her burst, but her overall kit applies a lot of AoE Dendro which improves with constellations. I think DendroMC/Collei/Kuki+Electro of choice has a lot of potential. The cool part is that as the Dendro roster grows, most Dendro/Electro combinations should work since catalyze is such a flexible reaction. One of my favorite parts about this is that no EM goes to waste because all party members benefit from it. The downside is that everyone's artifacts need to be built.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 29, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
:lmao: No thanks I'll pass

I'm at 260/450 reputation so I need to do 5 more sidequests and get 20% exploration to unlock Sumeru bounties for this week. There is no way I will finish 5 sidequests in a week.

There are sidequests longer than the sumeru archon quest and no I am exaggerating. I haven't finished any of these sidequests so I have no idea how long they are but LONG

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I've been doing Kazuha/Yelan/Fischl/Collei for ease of exploration. Not having a healer is mildly annoying though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I always appreciate it when a character can do their own talent domain.

In fact, Tighnari shreds the talent domain pretty amazingly. Flying enemies crumple to his charge shots. :v:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Excelzior posted:

I was wondering how much of a pain these would be with a controller, between the need to zip between a bunch and also the periodic camera jiggling you need to do. I'm glad you don't have to keep hitting L1+x.

Zhongli is definitely the best choice from the gacha, but I actually haven't been using him too much for Sumeru. There's barely any rocks and you have to run around a ton anyway because everything being sloped is a problem for certain skills, like traveler's, or figuring out where collei's boomerang is going to end up.

Mostly I've been using keqing and traveler to kill stuff, with fischl if there's lots of things to kill. But that's more a case of "ooh shiny new character" than anything in particular.

Sanctum posted:

:lmao: No thanks I'll pass

I'm at 260/450 reputation so I need to do 5 more sidequests and get 20% exploration to unlock Sumeru bounties for this week. There is no way I will finish 5 sidequests in a week.

There are sidequests longer than the sumeru archon quest and no I am exaggerating. I haven't finished any of these sidequests so I have no idea how long they are but LONG

I set out intending to do the second bit of the archeon quest, but instead I found a guy and went through a dungeon with him and it took about an hour. But what's really annoying is he gave me a gadget that does something useful, but only when he's with me (and he promptly hosed off to meet another aranara).

Also I found an aranara who wants me to find a small chest (up on the mushrooms in the northern forest), but none of the things he spawns are small chests, and I wandered around trying to see if he'd spawned one somewhere less obvious and still couldn't find one. That's annoying. The only other "play a game with me guy" (on a boat) just wanted me to smack open boxes that were covering big piles of leaves. That wasn't too bad, once I moved the camera enough to see there were 3 piles, not just the two.

It's annoying how much they love to drag the camera all over the drat place when you're in a fight or walking through a cave (and probably also in a fight), but they can't set it properly for a stupid memory game.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I always appreciate it when a character can do their own talent domain.

In fact, Tighnari shreds the talent domain pretty amazingly. Flying enemies crumple to his charge shots. :v:

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/9Bu9DFe.mp4

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gandlethorpe posted:

The first part yes, but unfortunately not the second. But yeah it's refreshing not to have unnecessary invulnerability phases. The next few bosses looks like they'll be fliers though. Shouldn't be a problem for Tighnari though!

Is the chicken the only one dropping 3 every time or none of them are and I was just extremely lucky this morning getting 8 in a row?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lucky. I've been getting a little lucky on him too but I've gotten 2 drops as well as 3 drops. It's entirely possible drop odds were changed this patch given how often they ask about the difficulty of leveling characters on surveys but there's no way of knowing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey that's almost the same team I'm running, except I've been using Fischl. The extra EM from Albedo is cozy and Geo Resonance is always nice to have.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Edit: I was also doing the talent domain today; Tighnari is really great for it. He's good against large enemies (at least when playing with controller or mobile where aiming at small things can be tough).

Harrow posted:

It's hard for me to put together one good Sumeru exploration team because I refuse to remove Kazuha or Zhongli, and it's a good idea to have someone with dendro on the team, and for the last slot I need someone who can do good damage mostly without reactions (or I need to just stop for a while and finally build an electro character or something). Right now I'm using Ayato but he just makes me wish I could fit in an electro character and get some hyperbloom rolling, but then I'd have to drop either Kazuha or Zhongli...

I find having to switch teams is inevitable, because you'll also want Electro and Pyro for certain puzzles.

I don't think you need Hydro or Cryo for anything, at least. I've been mostly using my Tighnari/Raiden/Yae/Sayu team, but switch to Yoimiya/Zhongli/Yelan/Jean when necessary (for ore, breaking those sealing stones, or converting mushrooms to their Pyro versions).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 30, 2022

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

No Wave posted:

lucky. I've been getting a little lucky on him too but I've gotten 2 drops as well as 3 drops. It's entirely possible drop odds were changed this patch given how often they ask about the difficulty of leveling characters on surveys but there's no way of knowing.

LOL well dang. Of course I get all the luck on the easiest boss ever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well at least I have maxed out my Fish. No Collei yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

converting mushrooms to their Pyro versions

Is this a thing? I can't recall any time I needed Pyro for anything but unsealing those Ruin machines and the standard torches.