Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Just wanted to add I 100% completed Kirby and the Forgotten Land, true final boss was cool and optional bosses were very cool, felt good to learn them and get good at them, plus getting all the collectable was very satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kirby ftw

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Sifu , normal and master mode - A solid combat system in a tight little rougelike, and im not really a fan of rougelikes to begin with. Definitely worth a playthrough whenever this goes on sale.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
27. Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 1 (Vincent Awakened, Godo Defeated, All Huge Materia, Ancient Forest Clear, All Enemy Skills)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Vincent's woke

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Vincent's woke

Somehow… Vincent returned.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

V has come to

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DQXI: final boss beat on stronger monsters w the barrier on. It took kerplunks and everyone stocked up on revives but I did it. wonderful game

calasmos getting a color swap on hard mode was a nice touch

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
xenoblade chronicles 3

extremely good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Darkest Room (2019, 1 level for Doom II, HMP 100% kills & secrets). 4/5. really challenging set of arenas in a pretty sweet green glowing technohell. there was only one encounter that felt tediously unfair, the rest was a fairly gnarly slaughter-lite romp that wasnt just a series of locked door arenas (although there were a few of those), you had pretty big freedom to weave around areas and try to dance between a ton of monster infighting. good poo poo. it had a custom Green Cyberdemon that took like 4 SSG shots to kill that was a fun way to include the cybie moveset without needing bucketloads of ammo in the map

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Castlevania Bloodlines (John) - I spent a lot of time on the password screen after stage 4

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
The looker - legit funny and i laughed out loud a few times. probably would have been funnier if i ever played the witness but as a simple himbo im not big into puzzle games

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Nero/Dante and Vergil, Normal and Legendary Dark Knight)

All the mechanical improvements from 3 are great and I really like Nero. Grab attacks and exceed/max-act give the combat a different rhythm that I prefer to all the style and weapon switching with Dante. But compared to DMC3, the bosses and overall structure aren't nearly as good. Credo is the best boss by far, but the rest are kinda lackluster. I got the impression they must have run out of time and/or money early on which is why Nero doesn't get a full campaign to himself and so many levels and bosses get recycled. It still plays great though, and I really like the concentration system they added for Vergil. Going through bloody palace with him is super fun.

I'm skipping the Donte remake so DMC5 is up next. Seems like it's the best game in the series so I'm excited.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
28. The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie (100% Completion)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

28. The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie (100% Completion)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

65) Manifold Garden
66) Emily is Away

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Castlevania Dracula X - Rondo of Blood: Pretty much perfect. Maybe being able to move after jumping makes it a little too easy but I'm not complaining

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i forgot to post when we were playing text adventures cuz they re hardly games

Gun Mute
The Looker
Threads of Fate

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

17. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (rolled credits at least, I don't know if this counts)

This has been a long time coming, I played through the whole thing with the same group and arranging times was pretty tricky so it's been over a year since we started. Worth it though, it's such a great game. I'm sure we'll try and get together for more of the postgame/endgame/whatever you want to call it, but I'm going to call it completed for now.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. RimWorld
11. Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
12. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
13. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
14. Deadly Premonition 2
15. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
16. Link Between Worlds
17. Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse

My first SMT (unless you count P4G). I loved it right up until the end; the YHVH dungeon was large and empty and tedious, and the final fight was kinda gimmicky. Not going to worry about the postgame content for now. I’ve got 4 other SMTs lined up and will probably play Nocturne HD next.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

My first SMT (unless you count P4G). I loved it right up until the end; the YHVH dungeon was large and empty and tedious, and the final fight was kinda gimmicky. Not going to worry about the postgame content for now. I’ve got 4 other SMTs lined up and will probably play Nocturne HD next.

hell yeah dude. you should really play SMT4 at some point as well, I liked it better in some ways over Apocalypse

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Yeah IV, Strange Journey Redux and Soul Hackers are all installed and ready. I want to play V but I’m holding out for the rumored PC port.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

Yeah IV, Strange Journey Redux and Soul Hackers are all installed and ready. I want to play V but I’m holding out for the rumored PC port.

The announcement of P3P finally coming to systems outside the loving psp/vita gave me hope for future ports. I really want DDS to get the respect it deserves too, and Raidou remakes with updated combat.. would be divine.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. RimWorld
11. Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
12. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
13. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
14. Deadly Premonition 2
15. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
16. Link Between Worlds

The last dungeon is so bad. They made the hallways just wide enough that you can't map both sides by running down the middle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The announcement of P3P finally coming to systems outside the loving psp/vita gave me hope for future ports. I really want DDS to get the respect it deserves too, and Raidou remakes with updated combat.. would be divine.

I need DDS HD. They can finally give DDS1 a hard mode like in 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DDS is cool, I should go back to it one of these days.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

41) Trials of Mana

Had a party of Duran, Kevin and Hawkeye. Hawkeye felt pretty weak until I got him his Dark > Dark class change and he was throwing ninja tricks around constantly.

There were two annoying bosses but for the most part the game was solid if cheesy and simple. I just wish it had co-op.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

13. Crash Bandicoot 1 (66% completion)

i picked the N-Sane Trilogy back up on a whim and discovered that i left off on like the fourth-to-last level of CB1 for some reason so i just blitzed through the remainder to lay it to rest. can't remember much about the levels before, but what i played was fine, a bit too precise sometimes and led to a few calm gamer freakouts. also doesn't hold any nostalgic value since i only played 2 and 3 as a kid. feel like i should go through wherever i left off on those now just to have the entire trilogy done and dusted.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Live A Live (2022 Remake)

Excellent game and how a remake should be done.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Replayed this after beating all the classic Castlevania games and I don't like it at as much.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Frenz posted:

Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Replayed this after beating all the classic Castlevania games and I don't like it at as much.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Frenz posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

He's right you know

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

42) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night True Ending, 100% map completion
I kept getting stuck on bosses then coming back a few weeks later and breezing past them. David Hayter's character was amusing, and I liked the cooking buffs. Good successor to Symphony of the Night.

43) Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
The weapons in this were boring, which is a cardinal sin for an EDF game. They got the soldiers banter right, and it was fun seeing some different enemies that didn't make it to the later games like bomb bugs and preying mantises

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bloodstained ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i was looking through my switch library the other day and realized i own bloodstained on it and never launched it once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i was looking through my switch library the other day and realized i own bloodstained on it and never launched it once

th switch port is sadly total dogshit unless they fixed it in the last 18 months