Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

New chapter:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/50adc64c-623c-457c-bfa5-302b3592ce7d

This fight was so good lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:discourse:

That was utterly great, also Ippo helped

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I wish we could hear that animated. Also good chap. Haha oh ippo you smooth brain.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Punches aren't worth animating if they don't make jet engine sounds

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1392

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I cannot believe Ippo managed to get me excited for a Wally Match.

But here I am.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I hope Ricardo punches him once and Woli dies instantly

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I want Wally to upset everything and win.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Making a point of how much Woli loves to jump and flip around, things he'll definitely still be able to do after this match.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

His coffin will be posthumously bouncing and flipping around during his funeral after Ricardo pulls a Drago vs Apollo.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Woli does a blanka ball into Ricardo’s fist.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wally will die

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Good soup! posted:

Wally will die

Promise?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would love if the next page is just one punch and Wally is down.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do we know Ricardo's match record?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Shindragon posted:

I would love if the next page is just one punch and Wally is down.

First page of next chapter is Wally's casket being lowered into the ground, Ippo is still holding on to the stool.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Eat a Dilz WarLEE

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

Do we know Ricardo's match record?

Wally is his 22nd title defense, his current record is 69:nice:-0-0

So yeah, no way he's losing to a joke character :rip: Mogwai.

Rabite posted:

Eat a Dilz WarLEE

:emptyquote:

vvv
There would be riots in the streets if Woli became world champ, but if George's goal is to subvert expectations it's hard to argue a better way to do it :allears:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 25, 2022

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I think this has been the most excited I've been about Ippo since... Ippo's last fight? It feels like the series has been spinning its wheels for a while. I want to see Ricardo absolutely murder Wally (literally) and bring Ippo out of retirement (though I think Sendo or Volg dying in the ring would have more impact on Ippo, rather than the Blanka guy he one inch punched a lot back in the day). If Wally somehow wins and takes the belt then the author will have pulled the ultimate troll move on the fans. "Remember that unbreakable samurai Japanese spirit nonsense? Nah, it's all about impossible techniques you learn from the jungle."

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Ippo's gonna get too worked up and accidentally kill Wally with the stool, then enter the ring himself to atone by beating Ricardo in Wally's stead

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I hope Ricardo punches him once and Woli dies instantly

THIS!!!!!! my god this kid sucks when hes doing this poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of like him. I don't think he's going to win, but I would be happy to see him do so, if only cause of the huge changes this would mean.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wally pushes Ricardo hard enough that he unleashes his brutal side, ends up beating Wally bad enough that he retires from boxing and the manga permanently. Sendo gets fired up at this cuz he wants to face Ricardo's brutal side too, gets killed, and Ippo returns to the ring around 2026. He will still be a virgin

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

Wally pushes Ricardo hard enough that he unleashes his brutal side, ends up beating Wally bad enough that he retires from boxing and the manga permanently. Sendo gets fired up at this cuz he wants to face Ricardo's brutal side too, gets killed, and Ippo returns to the ring around 2026. He will still be a virgin

Um excuse me but we're all making exaggerated joke predictions in this thread, GTFO of here with this boring predictable stuff :colbert:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Morikawa will subvert expectations and it will be Ricardo jumping on the rope and rolling around

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just have to say, I love the ippo fandom. we've all been reading / watching it for so long, it feels like we really get each other. also we can make criticisms or jokes and nobody gets too upset. It's basically the perfect size fandom, where there's a good discussion for everything happening, without being so big that people overanalyze it or get really upset just for clicks. I've really been loving reading it lately, and the fans jokes always make me laugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scallop Eyes posted:

Morikawa will subvert expectations and it will be Ricardo jumping on the rope and rolling around

His eyes will go wide and he'll be excited to finally unleash his true boxing he's been hiding for years.

I'll die laughing.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

His eyes will go wide and he'll be excited to finally unleash his true boxing he's been hiding for years.

I'll die laughing.

METZTLI MODE!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I will defeat Ricardo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want Wally to win and Ippo continues working as Wally's second and the next 15 years of the comic are Wally doing title defenses.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I want Wally to win and Ippo continues working as Wally's second and the next 15 years of the comic are Wally doing title defenses.

All while continually never getting laid, and leaving his mom to run a fishing boat all by herself.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I kind of like him. I don't think he's going to win, but I would be happy to see him do so, if only cause of the huge changes this would mean.

i dont really get this sentiment ever. i like subverted expectations plenty, but there's a world of difference between ippo losing to alf and guevera versus woli somehow beating ricardo. it'd make a huge amount of the narrative's direction for over a thousand chapters just outrageously pointless for no real gain.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

like if the only thing we're looking for is "i didn't expect what happened" then why note hope for a more wacky subversion then. maybe woli will pull out a gun and shoot ricardo, i sure wouldn't expect that

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Richardo is not invincible, I would be fine with another genius taking him down.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Except if he loses, it would be completely contrary to the themes that the story has trying to drill into the readers heads for hundreds of issues now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not sure what themes those are. The theme that Ricardo is strong? I assume that this fight will motivate Ippo to get back into the ring somehow, but that can happen any number of ways. I personally don't want a Wally final boss because it makes me want to throw up but everything fits as long as ippo fights again. Woli could loving die, Woli could come close, Woli could win causing Ippo to drop the baton and decide to fight entirely for himself, there isnt that much invested in Ippo and Ricardo's relationship and arguably the Date baggage is bad for him.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 29, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think this fight will motivate Sendo to want to punch Ricardo even harder and then that fight will motivate Ippo to step back in the ring.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Monaghan posted:

Except if he loses, it would be completely contrary to the themes that the story has trying to drill into the readers heads for hundreds of issues now.

legitimately don't know what you mean

if anyone is in the realm of monsters, unironically woli is there

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Most people have probably already seen the series but Ippo is coming to Netflix :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1564149364230131713?t=qPGQNvsjV7t6Burb8DccHg&s=19

That's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So say Woli beats Ricardo, Sendo beats Woli, Ippo fights Sendo? Would that be so bad?