Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I checked out https://egeez.com and there’s two dead embedded YouTube videos from “fans” that I really wanted to see. The entire concept still seems idiotic and I still don’t get the supposed appeal of this “service”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garf forgives, Nathen fuks.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Friendship with orange...over?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I feel with you

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Even after all these months I still really get what egeez even is

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's a middle man "service"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just do it -> nike

you just can -> egeez

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's a middle man "service"

'you ship the product, we do everything else' where everything else = fuking a human-sized plushie of the product on Instagram

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Think Velma. DO NOT think Egeez.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Is there a canonical pronunciation of egeez, because every time I see it written out my brain locks up.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dokmo posted:

Is there a canonical pronunciation of egeez, because every time I see it written out my brain locks up.

en-ter-gājed

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Licensing is a field crying out for disruption.

Dis-dis-intermediation if you will (no one will).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dokmo posted:

EEEEE!

Jeez!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
éĞëêζ

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB4dWmSPWnA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

E(nter)G(aged) EASE

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait are you all saying Aāh-Geeze:airquote: or Eh-Ğëzee:shrug:?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

'Edges.' His spelling is for poo poo

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Even though he is not from Quebec for some reason his Canadianitude made me assume it was pronounced like "ayzhays" or, yeah, like doing a bad impression of a French guy saying "edges"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

david_a posted:

I checked out https://egeez.com and there’s two dead embedded YouTube videos from “fans” that I really wanted to see. The entire concept still seems idiotic and I still don’t get the supposed appeal of this “service”

It's simple. Nathen just has to keep namedropping big merchandise trademark licenseholders like Disney (which egeez doesn't own any rights to) in egeez marketing. All the smaller licenseholder/vendors will be so impressed by this that they'll hire egeez to do all their advertising and create and run their web storefonts.

Then the big corps like Disney will be so impressed with egeez's populariy that they'll sign up with egeez too.

"It can't be that stupid, you must be explaining it wrong.'

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 30, 2022

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.buggreport.com.au/egeez-we-speak-to-the-founder-nathen-mazri/

quote:

Nathen, what was the initial inspiration for Egeez and why?

Fat thanks to #Garfield for leading me to innovate a disruptive marketplace and raise seed capital not just to help the fat orange cat, but to help cartoons/IPs worldwide disrupting the licensing industry during #COVID19… who said there were no opportunities in difficulties? @egeezapp was founded during the lockdown in #Toronto, the new tech hub competing with Silicon Valley. I realized I had to embrace the digital era while everyone is at home! Eating and working remotely bringing death to QSRR era — (quick service restaurant and retail) as well as brick and mortars including @garfieldeatsapp my fast food restaurants, even though we survived for its popularity and fast gourmet food… it woke me up to shift. As an official Nickelodeon licensee, I understood the pain of global licensees trying to sell their merchandise and pay royalties to Walt Disney, Nickelodeon or other licensors. Licensees suffer from overstock and selling so I decided to help reduce their storage fees and connect them to billions of fans. #thinkbig
He put hashtags in his response to the interview question. They don't do anything.

quote:

Infringement on IP is a big deal in our business, there have been questions as to whether Amazon and Alibaba properly control officially licensed merchandise. Have you solved this problem with E Geez?

We only sell official licensed products verified by our team. Every licensee or vendor must provide their licensing agreement or letter of confirmation provided usually by licensor (such as Nickelodeon in my case for GarfieldEATS) to upload in Egeez client portal as part of the requirements. From the backend, all stakeholders (vendor, staff, developers) can see the blue tick which means they satisfied their requirements and ready to publish their products for end users. We can 100% guarantee a product belongs to the actual licensor before we publish products on our marketplace. If not, get 100% of your money back.
Oh I think I actually get it. If you already have a license with Disney or whatever, you can sign up to list your product on Egeez. Egeez staff will somehow verify your license is legit before they list you on the site. What's in this for the retailers?

quote:

So Nathen, you mention artificial intelligence as one of your features. How does this feature work?

Alexa is used and listened to by millions of customers around the world — as artificial intelligence is increasingly integral to our daily lives. At Egeez, we believe our fans should be able to interact with their favourite cartoon or entertainment icon with their voice. We are developing our mobile app and web marketplace to be fully immersive with Alexa, with plans to develop this voice recognition technology with Google and Siri. Our customers can browse our products with their voice — and each time they do, we have integrated Machine Learning software programmed to learn, adapt, evolve and grow with our customers and their journey with Egeez. We’re enabling our customers to search cartoons, studios, and even movies, directly in our app with their voice. We wanted to bring this data and reporting analytics directly to our vendors, so they can gain useful insights into the decisions of their customers. We’re currently giving birth to the name of our voice assistant, we will keep you updated on this exciting news.
Data harvesting.

And then I got to the end and realized this article was from 2020. But I assume the intent is the same.
https://twitter.com/Egeezapp/status/1564416936200622082

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CodfishCartographer posted:

An ambitious relaunch of Zombo.com

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

An ambitious relaunch of Zombo.com

Wow, that was like the high point of the internet. Now it's all just a wave receding and revealing the horrible things underneath.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BigBadSteve posted:

It's simple. Nathen just has to keep namedropping big merchandise trademark licenseholders like Disney (which egeez doesn't own any rights to) in egeez marketing. All the smaller licenseholder/vendors will be so impressed by this that they'll hire egeez to do all their advertising and create and run their web storefonts.

Then the big corps like Disney will be so impressed with egeez's populariy that they'll sign up with egeez too.

"It can't be that stupid, you must be explaining it wrong.'

This is just how social media influencers work

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So it's just a lovely think geek knockoff?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

GarfieldEats: Fat thanks to #Garfield

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

pseudanonymous posted:

Wow, that was like the high point of the internet. Now it's all just a wave receding and revealing the horrible things underneath.

marge simpson wishing you wouldnt just say it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nathen enters literally any boardwalk t-shirt shop, emits a high shrill shrieking noise and collapses to the floor in tears.

"F...Fake Garfield"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Knormal posted:

quote:

We’re currently giving birth to the name of our voice assistant

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's so bizarre to see this stuff on Linkedin.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It just makes no ducking sense, but I guess that is his MO.

I just can’t tell if he delusionally thinks those geez is actually something real that will ever do 1 cent of business or just more bullshit to try to be entergaging

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Probably trying to convince his dad he's "doing things" (that don't involve garfield)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Wonder if this is all a distraction to make people forget that next to nobody signed up for his blind date/marriage show

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Binary Badger posted:

Wonder if this is all a distraction to make people forget that next to nobody signed up for his blind date/marriage show

I'm going to be so sad if that never happens.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

I'm going to be so sad if that never happens.

We never got the full documentary series about Garfieldeats he promised either so dunno what you expected friend.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's so bizarre to see this stuff on Linkedin.

That whole post is copied word-for-word from his egeez partner/business influencer girl's post crowing about it, but with a garfield reference put in and all the punctuation removed. There's just nothing in his head at all

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I feel like Nathen just has a ton of (bad) ideas and just throws them all at the wall to see what sticks and so far nothing has stuck

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

joylessdivision posted:

We never got the full documentary series about Garfieldeats he promised either so dunno what you expected friend.

Ok that one he said he had Spielberg directing or some poo poo like that so I never really gave it much thought. A cripplingly awkward dating show seems like it would absolutely be in Nathen's wheelhouse.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Is he the best man for this particular job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

After that picture, I didnt have the mental fortitude to check out his video.