Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I started listening to God Awful Movies. Didn't Fan and Jordan go on there a couple of times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Commonwealth
Jun 6, 2008

I could have been someone. Well, so could anyone.

BigRed0427 posted:

I started listening to God Awful Movies. Didn't Fan and Jordan go on there a couple of times?

Yes, they were on episodes #293 bells of innocence, #305 the encounter, and#330 laws of the universe part zero. I remember #305 was the one Dan talked about being robbed while working at a convenience store that was pretty funny.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Commonwealth posted:

Yes, they were on episodes #293 bells of innocence, #305 the encounter, and#330 laws of the universe part zero. I remember #305 was the one Dan talked about being robbed while working at a convenience store that was pretty funny.

Bells of Innocence was one of the most absolutely batshit insane things I've heard described on a podcast in a while.

And I listen to KF and QAA regularly

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

neongrey posted:

in the moment I think he was big pissed about the way coverage of the trial was being handled, I think that's the reasoning he gave at the time, I know he was spiralling a bit over the size of the compensatories

He was also struggling with anxiety by way of spending two weeks in a state where his preferred anxiety treatment that works very well for him (weed) is illegal.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

He was also struggling with anxiety by way of spending two weeks in a state where his preferred anxiety treatment that works very well for him (weed) is illegal.

ohhhhhh, yeah, I should have put 2 and 2 together, that'll do it

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqt6_q9TtUk

Watching this Majority Report clip about Don Jr standup and they reference Knowledge Fight's episode about Owen's set.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Gosh I hope I get a golden button.

Also, I love the Laura Loomer subplot through the taping.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah message Dan at kfbuttons69@Gmail to request one.

I think I'm gonna ask for one this time. Missed out on the others cause I don't really do buttons but I want them now for some reason.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah but will you get a special Willy Wonka button.

I e-mailed this morning. I missed the last one because hospital, but I’m looking forward to this one. Got a spot on my instrument case all picked out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

ILL Machina posted:

Missed out on the others cause I don't really do buttons but I want them now for some reason.

That's practically what I wrote in my email. "I passed on the last round of buttons and I'm not sure what's changed since then but now I've gotta have these buttons!"

Kerrek
Dec 17, 2004
BTW if you misheard Dan and sent your address to kfbutton69@gmail.com, you get an auto-response of a Good Samaritan who registered that email:

J Lee posted:

I too misheard the boys when they posted their email address, so I
quickly snagged this account to keep my fellow wonks from getting
doxxed.

Please send your button request to:

kfbuttons69@gmail.com

Don’t forget that s, and I hope y’all get awesome buttons!

Many thanks to this kind internet stranger.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

That is awesome.

I checked my email to make sure I sent it to the right place (which I did) but I realized that I put the wrong zip code down for my address.

Thanks for this above comment which helped me fix that.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I like Dan’s new segment of “Jordan spot the logical flaw within the clip” which Jordan is so far 0-2 on that I can recall.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

0konner posted:

I like Dan’s new segment of “Jordan spot the logical flaw within the clip” which Jordan is so far 0-2 on that I can recall.

This seems like bullying a kitten

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the Connecticut case is going to absolutely destroy Alex. Aside from it being the state where Sandy Hook happened, but mere hours after the Texas trial he's on air saying nothing will stop him from the parents. Not to mention all the poo poo he said today.If there is 30 days until the next trial, they'll have 30 episodes of him saying insane poo poo about the Sandy Hook parents.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think the Connecticut case is going to absolutely destroy Alex. Aside from it being the state where Sandy Hook happened, but mere hours after the Texas trial he's on air saying nothing will stop him from the parents. Not to mention all the poo poo he said today.If there is 30 days until the next trial, they'll have 30 episodes of him saying insane poo poo about the Sandy Hook parents.

What did he say today?

Or by today do you mean “today’s episode of KF”?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Yeah parents in Connecticut have had more harassment, so I'm hoping the compensatory is much higher. Especially since the punitive damages in CT are limited to attourney fees. Leonard Pozner has had to move 7 times because of conspiracy nuts going after him.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Those attorney fees punitive damages could still really add up. Lot of plaintiffs in that one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
as much as it'll be satisfying to watch him get rinsed again, Jones is extremely rich and from an extremely rich and well connected family, no legal case will 'destroy' him.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

What did he say today?

Or by today do you mean “today’s episode of KF”?

Sorry if it was unclear, I was referring to him saying the parents were puppets of the democratic party on todays episode. Although I'm sure he's said some ridiculous poo poo on his own show today

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Because punitive damages aren't really a thing, I'm starting to be of the opinion that even the court going at its absolute worst will still only reward to the families an amount that Alex can easily afford or recoup. Perjury isn't much of a factor for civil cases, either. I know Mr. Bankston said that Alex is not a good businessman and that something would need to give eventually, but my takeaway from the more recent bankruptcy is that it is just another attempt at a delay tactic.

A pessimistic viewpoint does exist where Alex and company calling the trials "staged" can be factual, but in the way that is opposite from Alex's standpoint. Due to punitive damages caps, the courts need to put on this grand production to hide the fact that they--at the end of the day--cannot control Alex's behavior in the least. That he will be back to defaming the families at first opportunity, and having literally any amount of money at all will render oneself immune to the justice system.

It is really only the pure throughput of the number of Sandy Hook plaintiffs in CT that might pose a risk to Alex and his ill-gotten fortune, but not even that is guaranteed.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Morroque posted:

Because punitive damages aren't really a thing, I'm starting to be of the opinion that even the court going at its absolute worst will still only reward to the families an amount that Alex can easily afford or recoup. Perjury isn't much of a factor for civil cases, either. I know Mr. Bankston said that Alex is not a good businessman and that something would need to give eventually, but my takeaway from the more recent bankruptcy is that it is just another attempt at a delay tactic.

A pessimistic viewpoint does exist where Alex and company calling the trials "staged" can be factual, but in the way that is opposite from Alex's standpoint. Due to punitive damages caps, the courts need to put on this grand production to hide the fact that they--at the end of the day--cannot control Alex's behavior in the least. That he will be back to defaming the families at first opportunity, and having literally any amount of money at all will render oneself immune to the justice system.

It is really only the pure throughput of the number of Sandy Hook plaintiffs in CT that might pose a risk to Alex and his ill-gotten fortune, but not even that is guaranteed.

It's as if our institutions function when everyone is being a rational player, instead of raving rear end clowns who just say "Nuh-uh" all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hope these cases utterly break Alex and destroy his lovely empire but unless he's tossed in cell without a key, we're not going to be rid of the tubby sack of poo poo.

Or comedy answer, God strikes him down for being a false prophet.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
"Musks best tweet" did not go the way I expected.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

Or comedy answer, God strikes him down for being a false prophet.

If he gets struck by lightning anytime soon, everyone in his orbit will just start braying about globalists and their weather machines.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Morroque posted:

If he gets struck by lightning anytime soon, everyone in his orbit will just start braying about globalists and their weather machines.

I will also accept the literal Devil appearing and snatching him off to hell.

Hail Satan.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Marty Schachter and his terrible limericks that Alex has to pretend to like is my favorite old guest.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's weird. I find the Dollop to be a little slow, but Gareth Reynolds has been solid gold every time I've heard him on somebody else's podcast. It's like he plays well off of everyone except the guy he actually works with.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Wanderer posted:

It's weird. I find the Dollop to be a little slow, but Gareth Reynolds has been solid gold every time I've heard him on somebody else's podcast. It's like he plays well off of everyone except the guy he actually works with.

Gareth is super good on the dollop what are you talking about.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Gareth is great anywhere. I just wish the Dollop didn't do a solid 15 minutes of tour info that could be on like, a website before getting into it, it does make the whole pace of the show feel off.

Remains kind of amazing that KF has totally avoided the whole ad read thing that runs most of the rest of the field, too

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Adept Nightingale posted:

Gareth is great anywhere. I just wish the Dollop didn't do a solid 15 minutes of tour info that could be on like, a website before getting into it, it does make the whole pace of the show feel off.

Remains kind of amazing that KF has totally avoided the whole ad read thing that runs most of the rest of the field, too

in fairness, Worst Year Ever and other robert evans productions having to ad read stuff like The Economist are some of the funniest non-superbowl ads I've ever been exposed to

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I like how Behind the Bastards has to bleep out Hello Fresh all of the time when Robert talks about how they hunt children on an island.

Make whatever claims you want against Raytheon but you had better not piss off Hello Fresh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I like how Behind the Bastards has to bleep out Hello Fresh all of the time when Robert talks about how they hunt children on an island.

Make whatever claims you want against Raytheon but you had better not piss off Hello Fresh.

Raytheon doesn't want to go to discovery. Hello Fresh doesn't have war crimes in their internal email system.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hello Fresh doesn't have war crimes in their internal email system.

yet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Maybe they're full on Nestle. Who knows?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Episode 238 they do their first episode about Coach Dave Daubenmire and they make a throwaway comment that the intro bumper for his Pass The Salt show is "pushing it" at about 40 seconds. Funny that not too long after that KF started using one that clocks in at about a minute.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Tree Dude posted:

Episode 238 they do their first episode about Coach Dave Daubenmire and they make a throwaway comment that the intro bumper for his Pass The Salt show is "pushing it" at about 40 seconds. Funny that not too long after that KF started using one that clocks in at about a minute.

Yeah, but the KF intro slaps.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Listening to Alex claim to be the leader of the spiritual infowarrior army or whatever in todays episode, I’m reminded of that time Alex had a chance to grab a bullhorn and lead his followers into glorious battle against the globalists and… begged them all to settle down, leave the Capitol and reassemble peacefully in the parking lot.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

red19fire posted:

Listening to Alex claim to be the leader of the spiritual infowarrior army or whatever in todays episode, I’m reminded of that time Alex had a chance to grab a bullhorn and lead his followers into glorious battle against the globalists and… begged them all to settle down, leave the Capitol and reassemble peacefully in the parking lot.

Part of Alex's punishment from the courts should be that whenever he talks poo poo this just plays loudly around him:

https://youtu.be/V9O94UTDAJQ

And I mean every time he talks poo poo, 24/7. Sure it's probably psychological torture or something but :shrug: maybe he'll learn to stop talking poo poo.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marsupial Ape posted: