Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
HG Bael done

I really love this suit, is the Full Mechanics version any good?

Also, are the other HG IBO kits super loose like this? I remember reading somewhere about gluing part of the chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

boz posted:

HG Bael done

I really love this suit, is the Full Mechanics version any good?

Also, are the other HG IBO kits super loose like this? I remember reading somewhere about gluing part of the chest.

It's variable. IBO kits tend to get a little loose once they've been around a while, but sometimes they're floppier out of the box and other times less so.

The Full Mechanics is apparently pretty good. Not MG quality, but better than Re: 100 tended to be.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Spreadsheet updated again. I'll try and keep things up to once a day for the spreadsheet, and I'll make a big post morning of the 31st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxpDtazK0Uk

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

This one was fun and simple and still looks nice with the rivets and stuff and very few stickers!

Here's me cleaning off my nippers

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 29, 2022

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

This threads most requested MG kits:

Personally:
Xi (gotta be the pre movie ver, I'll deal with pbandai if I have to, idc)
Penelope
Nightingale
Narrative full suite
Unicorn plan b w/ divine expansion
Like half a dozen advance of zeta suits like the fiver and woundwort and whatnot
And probably a bunch of background or novel only random stuff.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Here's me cleaning off my nippers

Haha, that's the pose I was trying for with Bael, but in the elbow crease

Edit:

kirbysuperstar posted:

it would have helped if I linked the gif properly :v:

That's weird, it showed up fine for me on mobile.

boz fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 29, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

boz posted:

Haha, that's the pose I was trying for with Bawl, but in the elbow crease

it would have helped if I linked the gif properly :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Got my MODEROID Aliens Power Loader today, and while there's a whole lot of garishly-orange pplastic as expected given the colour scheme, Sigourney Weaver's got a lot less colour to her than I expected for a snap-build kit given the photos.

She's completely unpainted-gray.

Not completely unexpected of course, but something to be aware of if anyone else is looking at getting the kit.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

boz posted:

Everything that doesn't already have an MG.

Also an Exia 2.0

They just repopped Exia 1.0. I have it, I built it, I'm unhappy with it's hips. I have Virtue, Kyrios, and Dynames.. here.. waiting... OH YEAH, any of the non hero stuff in 1/100 or MG. The flag is unobtanium.

I'm having some real trouble getting myself to finish even a HG these days. I have half a dozen RG's staring me down..

Spectral Elvis
Jul 23, 2007

Andromeda, Aldebaran and Antares completed. Reasonably pleased with how these came out.

I'm a pretty poor photographer, think the lighting could be improved somewhat.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Not strictly plamo related but I was transforming my Arcadia Elintseeker for the second time and the shoulder joint caught on a little tab and just broke off. Looks like the other side was also about to give out? Is my only option to pay outrageous prices for a 3D-printed part (https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge) or should I try contacting HLJ or Arcadia themselves?

I’m outside the US and Harmony Gold’s litigation sphere, perhaps that’s actually helpful for once?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

War and Pieces posted:

xeku eins

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

Finally got something done.
I had gotten the Enact painted up, decided to paint the whole thing cause I liked the blue I had. But when I went to reassemble it I discovered I had lost the shoulder joint and several detail parts. Lost any enthusiasm for building right there.
Edit:

The next one.

overlordbunny fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 29, 2022

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Spectral Elvis posted:

Andromeda, Aldebaran and Antares completed. Reasonably pleased with how these came out.

I'm a pretty poor photographer, think the lighting could be improved somewhat.

Extremely sick, also worth a ton of points.

Electrophotonic posted:

Not strictly plamo related but I was transforming my Arcadia Elintseeker for the second time and the shoulder joint caught on a little tab and just broke off. Looks like the other side was also about to give out? Is my only option to pay outrageous prices for a 3D-printed part (https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge) or should I try contacting HLJ or Arcadia themselves?

I’m outside the US and Harmony Gold’s litigation sphere, perhaps that’s actually helpful for once?

It looks like the original part is basically a plastic bar with some holes and other cutouts. You could layer some polystyrene sheet until you get the desired widths, then drill and sand it down pretty easily. It'd take you a bit of time, but the actual construction and supplies would probably still be cheaper than buying a replacement part.

Alternatively, see if your local library or makerspace if you're in fancy-land has a 3D printer that can print finely enough to make a replacement. They'll usually let you use the machines for cost or for free, depending on funding levels.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

Wait gently caress, forgot a few non-Gundams.

Zaku III, original recipe or Sleeves, the only HGUC is from 2000 :whitewater:
Byarlant Custom
Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai. The regular HSK already got a P-Bandai, do it you cowards :unsmigghh:. It even has recent rep in SRW30 as Quattro's only unit.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 30, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got this dude for my birthday on July 27th, along with a Lego Optimus Prime. It was a busy month, so it's kind of like a backlog of one. It's my sixth dude since starting the hobby this past Christmas.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

I got this dude for my birthday on July 27th, along with a Lego Optimus Prime. It was a busy month, so it's kind of like a backlog of one. It's my sixth dude since starting the hobby this past Christmas.

I love that kit, sad the latch on his left shoulder door broke

(before I had bought cement, so the piece is missing, I guess I could try carving something out of a runner)

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Bloody Pom posted:

Wait gently caress, forgot a few non-Gundams.

Zaku III, original recipe or Sleeves, the only HGUC is from 2000 :whitewater:
Byarlant Custom
Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai. The regular HSK already got a P-Bandai, do it you cowards :unsmigghh:. It even has recent rep in SRW30 as Quattro's only unit.

I'm not sure we need a full Hyaku armor, gotta leave something for the third party guys, ya know

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Dr Christmas posted:

Guess who I made today? Mine came in a monochrome box..

I say today, but it took me four, beucase my mental state is T R A S H.

Also thought I should share this guy:

Finally got his leg boosters installed. And you can see the one he's replacing in the background.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 30, 2022

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

Did you get a before timestamp when this one was still on the sprues?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The MG Qubeley desperately needs a 2.0. I mean, sheesh, c'mon, people.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Oh yes I want that too.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

grassy gnoll posted:

Did you get a before timestamp when this one was still on the sprues?

Nope!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Darth Walrus posted:

The MG Qubeley desperately needs a 2.0. I mean, sheesh, c'mon, people.

how about a qubeley with huge hands

that's what you want right

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I honestly thought that the Qubeley Damned captured some of the charm of Mamoru Nagano's original concept art for the suit, and wouldn't have minded it with modern engineering. :can:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Wait, given that there’s a Hyaku (and I think Delta Plus too) MG, is there a Delta or Delta Kai MG out there?

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
One last entry for the month!

My next build will be the much-beloved MG Jesta, and I don't plan to rush through it in a day and a half. Thanks for the memories, folks!

Edit: And in the true spirit of Backlogust, I just got a delivery of three more kits that I think are a birthday present. Backlog never dies!

Just Dan Again fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 30, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

Wait, given that there’s a Hyaku (and I think Delta Plus too) MG, is there a Delta or Delta Kai MG out there?

Nope. Delta Plus was as far as they went.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm back from my honeymoon just in time to squeeze in a few(at least one) more kits from the backlog.

Starting off with this Samurai boy who's been sitting around for awhile.

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra Kai

GP04

and Z'gok-E.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

grassy gnoll posted:

Extremely sick, also worth a ton of points.

It looks like the original part is basically a plastic bar with some holes and other cutouts. You could layer some polystyrene sheet until you get the desired widths, then drill and sand it down pretty easily. It'd take you a bit of time, but the actual construction and supplies would probably still be cheaper than buying a replacement part.

Alternatively, see if your local library or makerspace if you're in fancy-land has a 3D printer that can print finely enough to make a replacement. They'll usually let you use the machines for cost or for free, depending on funding levels.

Thanks for the advice! I do have a 3D-printer myself but I don’t think the resulting layered part would be strong enough, at least not with the plastics I can print at home. The shapeways stuff is done in a more exotic process and with nylon.

Constructing it in sheets isn’t a bad idea, though there is also a peg with a ball at the end and replicating that would be more difficult. It sure if there is a way to fuse the existing (ABS?) peg to polystyrene.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

rip, spent the last few days down and unable to gunpla. Just the absolute worst discomfort from something. One more day, here's hoping I can stomach one last kit.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

MoukoKHZ posted:

Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra Kai

GP04

and Z'gok-E.

Make a MG Kshatriya you cowards.

Fake edit : PG

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pg perfect zeong

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MG Bigro

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Argas posted:

MG Bigro

This

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

finally ready to try airbrushing

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay. I'm sorry to be a hardass, but I'm going to mark it down as half a point as a result. Good news is it still gets you a contest entry, though.

Electrophotonic posted:

Thanks for the advice! I do have a 3D-printer myself but I don’t think the resulting layered part would be strong enough, at least not with the plastics I can print at home. The shapeways stuff is done in a more exotic process and with nylon.

Constructing it in sheets isn’t a bad idea, though there is also a peg with a ball at the end and replicating that would be more difficult. It sure if there is a way to fuse the existing (ABS?) peg to polystyrene.

Superglue will definitely do it, but there's a fair chance the peg is also polystyrene unless you've got a polycap in there or something. You could test it out with plastic cement, and if it doesn't bond, clean it carefully and move to superglue.

LAST DAY-ish

As of the time of this post, it's 8:53 PM on Tuesday the 30th on Baker Island, which is where we're going to put our end point for the month. Calibrate that to your local time zone as you will - you're looking at GMT-12.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Seems fitting to finish with a Grandpa Gundam from the backlog.

Hoping to Prime and Paint this guy before the deadline but we'll see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Just in under the wire I think. The Gespenst isn't my favorite OG robot but I like what they did with it here, feels satisfyingly solid and as the other person said feels very well-detailed for a High Grade. Only thing I'm not big on are the fore-arm connections with feel like they should snap on completely instead of what they did here, but I can live with it.