Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

it must be a dying medium I dont see any racks at target!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

For a dying medium these labels sure are announcing a shitload of new releases seemingly every single week.

Need them to slowdown a bit tho tbh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Need them to slowdown a bit tho tbh

:emptyquote:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dorium posted:

it must be a dying medium I dont see any racks at target!

I got the Belle steelbook at Target a few weeks ago.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Target is just totally random, sometimes the shelves won't be replenished for months but then randomly one day you'll find something you wouldn't expect to see there.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Either way, Target, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble have each confirmed to me that they are heavily downsizing if not moving on entirely from selling physical media movies.

What's the next best B&M location to browse?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sniep posted:

Either way, Target, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble have each confirmed to me that they are heavily downsizing if not moving on entirely from selling physical media movies.

Maybe places like vintage stock? I wouldn't be surprised if busier cities end up with a couple more small movie shops, but that requires living in a bigger city.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Still got the shrink wrap on that random Target version of Toy Story 4 on UHD that was $9. Thought they were clearing them out but it keeps getting replenished for $25 or whatever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sniep posted:

You got a Half Price Books nearby?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564339905722998787?t=oz5h64P7D8e6KiGKzYrkGQ&s=19

This is a really cool and fun series, glad to see it getting a nice HD treatment.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Discotek always puts stuff out ive never heard of that looks great so i'll definitely blind-buy that one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve literally never seen any release cover for this movie that wasn’t just the old Clark-being-electrocuted poster, to the point where I genuinely thought this was a different movie for a second :wtc:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564384034326814722?s=21&t=KEc2FufLn9Jzn8GV8FPa9A

Tag yourselves, I’m Chevy Chase’s Size-20 collar.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

tis the season to be merry

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Just saw a tweet that Oldboy 2003 is getting restored and remastered for a re-release in theaters in 2023. No way we don’t get a UHD, or at least a good Blu-ray release.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve literally never seen any release cover for this movie that wasn’t just the old Clark-being-electrocuted poster, to the point where I genuinely thought this was a different movie for a second :wtc:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564384034326814722?s=21&t=KEc2FufLn9Jzn8GV8FPa9A

My favorite thing about this cover is that the house they're all in doesn't even remotely resemble the house in the film. And the overall aesthetic is completely off.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I would willingly and unironically buy vegas vacation

e: also, this year we got brain candy and american movie on blu-ray after 20+ years of being stuck on OOP dvds.

it's been a banner year for shiny disc hoarders

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 30, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I am so sick of seeing this movie every goddamned year between 1989 and 2019 for Christmas that I hope I never see it again, yet somehow I want to buy the UHD, what is wrong with me?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s a funny movie, op.

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564455719075815424?s=21&t=Nk3z3dXaLl5iZIYS6SDLEA

Why are 4K covers so consistently bad and why is this one in particular so drat funny

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Boywhiz88 posted:

Just saw a tweet that Oldboy 2003 is getting restored and remastered for a re-release in theaters in 2023. No way we don’t get a UHD, or at least a good Blu-ray release.

Is the old blu-ray bad? I still have that metal Vengeance Trilogy box set kicking around somewhere.

The one I'd really like to see get a 4k is Lady Vengeance.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

The Brady Bunch movies are not trash they're amazing.
This is true, but the second one is a true rarity as a comedy sequel that's better than the first.

The Brady Bunch Movie on Blu with the deleted scenes (which have never been released, including some cut cameos from original Brady Bunch kids) would be a day-one purchase.

edit: I mostly buy physical media for the bonus content. I would strangle a puppy for an extended cut of Brain Candy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This Is the Zodiac posted:

This is true, but the second one is a true rarity as a comedy sequel that's better than the first.

The Brady Bunch Movie on Blu with the deleted scenes (which have never been released, including some cut cameos from original Brady Bunch kids) would be a day-one purchase.

edit: I mostly buy physical media for the bonus content. I would strangle a puppy for an extended cut of Brain Candy.

Did the bluray have the original ending?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564607339180826633

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Gripweed posted:

Did the bluray have the original ending?

Brain candy has no bonus anything. Just the film. It's the same thing as the DVD, only it's not being sold for 50 bucks.
I copped it cuz knowing paramount they'll let this new BD go out of print too.

According to KITH the vhs lovely leaked workprint is the only thing left of all the cut footage, including the original depressing ending. (it's all on YouTube though)
Paramount trashed all of it, so we'll never get any kind of cool criterion release extras wise.

They should still let them do a commentary track though, cheap assholes.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

zer0spunk posted:

Brain candy has no bonus anything. Just the film. It's the same thing as the DVD, only it's not being sold for 50 bucks.
I copped it cuz knowing paramount they'll let this new BD go out of print too.

According to KITH the vhs lovely leaked workprint is the only thing left of all the cut footage, including the original depressing ending. (it's all on YouTube though)
Paramount trashed all of it, so we'll never get any kind of cool criterion release extras wise.

They should still let them do a commentary track though, cheap assholes.

Just panic bought both Brain Candy and that Brady Bunch double feature based on this post because I'm tired of paying high prices for OOP discs I slept on when they originally came out. I hate that I payed the amount I did for the Scream Factory editions of the Poltergeist sequels.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blind bought Tomb Raider 4K for :10bux:, I hope it doesn’t suck!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Hell, give me a Brady Bunch Movie with a commentary by the six original kids.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

ultraviolence123 posted:

Just panic bought both Brain Candy and that Brady Bunch double feature based on this post because I'm tired of paying high prices for OOP discs I slept on when they originally came out. I hate that I payed the amount I did for the Scream Factory editions of the Poltergeist sequels.

I mean, everyone should own brain candy anyway, so good call.

It's a weird release, it's listed as MOD on the case, which should mean a burnt BD-R since it's manufacture on demand, but it's a pressed disc. 99% of the MOD stuff is pressed anyway, with one or two things actually being burnt discs... I kinda wonder if the plan is to switch to BD-Rs if they run out of the pressed run.. So this might be safer from going out of print then it would be... But also who the hell knows.

It looks great though, the movie has some great production design, it deserved an HD release. Doubt this will ever see a UHD considering the 20 year gap from DVD though. I had to break my no BD purchase rule.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

RichterIX posted:

Is the old blu-ray bad? I still have that metal Vengeance Trilogy box set kicking around somewhere.

The one I'd really like to see get a 4k is Lady Vengeance.

I think I meant more “a US release.” My understanding is that they’ve only released it in high-def outside of Region 1. Like Arrow put out an OldBoy 4K in the UK, similar w Battle Royale.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1564339905722998787?t=oz5h64P7D8e6KiGKzYrkGQ&s=19

This is a really cool and fun series, glad to see it getting a nice HD treatment.

Awesome. Hopefully can sell my DVD Case Files to cover it.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Hell, give me a Brady Bunch Movie with a commentary by the six original kids.

The original Cindy Brady is a huge Evil Dead fan - I’d rather have her do a commentary for that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

The original Cindy Brady is a huge Evil Dead fan - I’d rather have her do a commentary for that.

I Googled this because I thought it was funny and Susan Olsen is apparently a trump supporter who got fired from her radio gig for going on a homophobic rant in 2016 yikes

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

I Googled this because I thought it was funny and Susan Olsen is apparently a trump supporter who got fired from her radio gig for going on a homophobic rant in 2016 yikes

General rule of thumb with obscure semi-celebrities(i.e. people who the media isn't gonna cover because they aren't famous enough) is to never go digging to find out anything about their personal lives or political views because you may get a nasty surprise. Better to stay blissfully unaware.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

General rule of thumb with obscure semi-celebrities(i.e. people who the media isn't gonna cover because they aren't famous enough) is to never go digging to find out anything about their personal lives or political views because you may get a nasty surprise. Better to stay blissfully unaware.

I just wanted a funny quote of her gushing over evil dead!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My VinSyn order just shipped heheheheh

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh gently caress never mind then!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

dorium posted:

My VinSyn order just shipped heheheheh

This just reminded me about that stupid April Fools thing which I guess they've just abandoned doing anything for.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

This just reminded me about that stupid April Fools thing which I guess they've just abandoned doing anything for.

I've asked them about that a couple times and they swear VS fans are gunna like what they're planning lol

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

ultraviolence123 posted:

That's what happened to me with that new Ghostbusters box set. I first learned of it from Phelous's YouTube review, immediately went to see if I could buy it, it's all sold out everywhere. The UK one is still in stock, but it's both more expensive and is missing half the stuff, and Sony have said "that's it, we're only doing one run!". Their amazing marketing meant I didn't hear about it until they sold out, and I think even some pre-orders failed to ship.

Better order Brain Candy right now, just in case!

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s gonna pan out and be good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm just saying, if I invested that $6 in bitcoin I could be bankrupt by now. Bad example perhaps.

(I'm glad it's not been forgotten about, they're creative dudes and I was super curious what they'd come up)