Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I now have I think 3 quests gated on corn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Lots of steel plates required which takes a lot of small bolts. I’ve dropped like 40 gold on expeditions so far but now I’m just risking the wrath of the wyrm.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I actually managed to work out how to get the craftworks to help me when I was spamming the desert with clicks so it made the plates and machines as I went. Most helpful.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rafikki posted:

Lots of steel plates required which takes a lot of small bolts. I’ve dropped like 40 gold on expeditions so far but now I’m just risking the wrath of the wyrm.

I spent most of my million stamina doing the milk and tp quest line so I didn't have to waste gold on wyrm dodging

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Oh neat skill rewards are here now. Pretty good stuff, and gave me enough gold leaves to finish my quest.

Also put me over my first billion, and since I can't get the macaw yet I guess storehouse is the right choice?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you're going to be spending a million stamina manually to get the super rare for the questline, so just take your time I guess since you've got plenty of desert hell to go

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

you're going to be spending a million stamina manually to get the super rare for the questline, so just take your time I guess since you've got plenty of desert hell to go

Yeah, that’s where I’m at now.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah those awards gave me another 4 floors of tower, nice! Expensive though lol.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a new fishing zone opening up soon? I have 2k of Large Nets waiting to make me moneyyyyyyyy.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

obi_ant posted:

Is there a new fishing zone opening up soon? I have 2k of Large Nets waiting to make me moneyyyyyyyy.

Haven't heard anything about one coming. I just burned 2k LN today farming GMs, so I hope not!

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

There's nothing in the roadmap about a new fishing zone, so probably not any time soon.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
How many fish does a large net catch? I just got 10 and now I can't throw regular ones or see how many fish I'm going to void.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

How many fish does a large net catch? I just got 10 and now I can't throw regular ones or see how many fish I'm going to void.

Base: 250
With Reinforced Netting: 400
With Reinforced Netting and T70 Artifact: 500

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

Put them in your storehouse, and you can use normal nets again.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Does anyone want to like... hold on to some Arnold Palmers for me? I need to use/trade 1000 of them before the end of the month so I can complete the monthly quest, but trade isn't biting. I'd been asking for 100g per 175 AP, but I'll give a goon discount if someone is interested.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

Does anyone want to like... hold on to some Arnold Palmers for me? I need to use/trade 1000 of them before the end of the month so I can complete the monthly quest, but trade isn't biting. I'd been asking for 100g per 175 AP, but I'll give a goon discount if someone is interested.

I can hold your drugs I promise to forget they're yours. Do you just want them back?

graventy posted:

Put them in your storehouse, and you can use normal nets again.

Hah.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’ve had that many quests lately where the rewards were cider and APs I’ve been giving them away lol. Never thought about trading them. Suppose that’s why I will amount to nothing in life :v:

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Got the gold fish done! Now...I need 300 lilypads. Oh, they're only available through fishing and at an extremely low rate, you say?? Blurgh

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Well over a million stam into Jundland today, still searching for a crest

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Unponderable posted:

In the Jundland Desert quests, what's the next hurdle after the one that requires 3 rubber ducks and 200 unpolished jade? It's going to take me at least a week to get the jade together, so I'd rather not be slapped with another timegate right after.

Check the soap shop

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Klungar posted:

175AP are worth 100g?

I have a potential 2 thousand gold just sitting in my inventory?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The price varies between 160AP and 200AP. Most deals seem to be around 180AP per 100 Gold.

Whenever you want to buy or sell gold, bring patience. The price range is huge but you can make some extra if you have some patience and wait for the right deal.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

DRINK ME posted:

Didn’t get much play this week but have gone hard this morning to get the last two GMs for Tower 100. Doubled inventory is very nice but doubling my outputs to fill it is expensive.

It also unlocked this quest which is only available for four days. Sadly don’t think I’ll be able to finish it despite the rewards.

So I gave the desert and worm 500k stam of the 2.5m I had banked without seeing the crest that’s needed to avoid the desert worm. Got a bit pissed off and looked at the Buddy quest again.

I started growing watermelons and realised I could make that work. Then net after net spent on seaweed and catfish, plus a few for pirate hooks. Toilet paper from the soap shop, a few feathers for the milk.

Diamonds have definitely been the most challenging. I’ve pumped about 1.2m stamina + 600 AP into diamonds / Ember creek. I’ve managed to craft 98k Magnifying Glasses and 18k Looking Glasses, one grandmastered and one mastered. I’ve also mastered various other items as a side effect of all the glass, dyes and dyed items.

The level 6 fox and rock pets bring me an average of two diamonds an hour so they should finish it off for me.

The flaws in my plan:
*Its the evening of 30th August in Australia but it’s 5am on the server so I had more time to do this quest than I thought
*Borgen could bring diamonds again this week and that would be on 31st. Would have saved me a lot of stamina but would be a gamble
*Someone in chat suggested drinking small amounts of OJ at a time to leave less for the worm to steal, which I thought would be a nice side effect of using all my banked stamina… However I have 4900 OJ I’ll need to drink so I don’t void the 5000 OJ in the quest reward.
Real first world Farmrpg problems.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

175AP are worth 100g?

I have a potential 2 thousand gold just sitting in my inventory?

Still had no biters for gold, but had much more success offloading them for 100 gold’s worth of Large Nets (600-650)

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Requiring a super rare in an exploring zone where the only option is manual clicking is literal torture.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
By the time I had enough gear to finish the quest I’d found that staff. I bloody hate clicking and I think if I still needed it I’d be quite irritated.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah I had to dump an additional half million stamina into regular clicking and hoo boy that was not great

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I’m past 1.5m stam at this point

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Honestly, 100 Gold can get you 1500 OJ.

So before you dump 1m stamina to unlock a zone that has nothing to offer yet (no crafting, really) use gold on expeditions. 3x 10 gold got me all I needed.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Got the final couple of diamonds for Buddy’s quest from Borgen, I could have saved myself so much stamina but I don’t mind. The reward is nice, somewhere equal to or less than what I spent completing the quest but it’s Buddy.

Expecting my beta access to disappear with the rollover tomorrow, had a brief look at the friendships and it’s like ‘Give the right items to make bars go up. Give the wrong items and you just put items into the void’.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

DRINK ME posted:

Got the final couple of diamonds for Buddy’s quest from Borgen, I could have saved myself so much stamina but I don’t mind. The reward is nice, somewhere equal to or less than what I spent completing the quest but it’s Buddy.

Expecting my beta access to disappear with the rollover tomorrow, had a brief look at the friendships and it’s like ‘Give the right items to make bars go up. Give the wrong items and you just put items into the void’.

The friends thing sounds like Stardew Valley or going back a bit further, trying to get a girlfriend in GTA San Andreas.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Pretty sure giving gifts to townsfolk has been a thing in Harvest Moon for a couple decades.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I'm halfway to grand mastering sand and I still have no crest. Barf.

Edit: I knew complaining would work. 50 OJ later and I have it.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 31, 2022

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i wonder how they're going to treat my perk resets once i'm off beta

also where's my fuckin crest, 600k energy down the tubes

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Unponderable posted:

Requiring a super rare in an exploring zone where the only option is manual clicking is literal torture.

Nobody is clicking manually 🤫

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm clicking manually.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

yeah i click manually on my phone, just rapid-firing both thumbs.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

oldskool posted:

yeah i click manually on my phone, just rapid-firing both thumbs.

I’m doing a lot of this and some expeditions

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I tried a maybe 10 hours of expeditions in ones and twos hours trips and they didn’t seem to help. I guess I could plonk 20 gold in there, it’s not much in the grand scheme of things but I still hesitate to spend gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
End of beta access: I keep going to change my perk set because I’ve been doing it for so long.

The perks themselves were reset to where they were before I joined beta but the number of resets I’ve done didn’t, since each perk set change counts as a reset I’ve reset my perks 14,000 times and it cost me 100 gold to reset them today. I think before beta I’d reset them twice so should have been 10 gold (1st reset free then +5 gold each time to a cap of 100).