Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tbf there are too many B teams nowadays and they should eliminate three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Laporta doing his best.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

ozmunkeh posted:

Laporta doing his best.

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ozmunkeh posted:

Laporta doing his best.

:vince:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

If you mean Brentford, we were poo poo, but they're going to bully plenty of other "better" teams this season as you might well find out in a couple of weeks, I assume you've forgotten how your last trip there went

It was just a joke because he had made a post about how you don’t have to beat the good teams to get the top 4. You’re very serious Ninpo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Man U are apparently taking Dubravka on loan from Newcastle.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/29/manchester-united-agree-deal-to-sign-martin-dubravka-from-newcastle

Dubravka to United is done but not bold.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

Man U are apparently taking Dubravka on loan from Newcastle.

£5m meaning newcastle turned a slight profit too i think. good deal for everyone and i hope he can increase his wages a good amount

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/vertragslosespieler

quite surprised that some of these guys don't have a club yet.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/westham/status/1564311930055147523?s=21&t=QSMbq7AOWn03GHxOVWaZBQ

Lucas Paqueta to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tristeham posted:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/vertragslosespieler

quite surprised that some of these guys don't have a club yet.

Januzaj is headed to Venezia, not sure if that's boldable yet.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Is he able hit a football with his foot in such a way as to control the direction and distance that it travels?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He isn't Tom Heaton so I don't care.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:hellyeah:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Supposedly he was a borderline modern keeper before Newcastle re-educated him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've signed Luke Cundle on loan from Wolves, which is just bizarre to me because our manager has been whinging about not having money to fix the holes in the squad for weeks and this lad seems to play the one position we actually have strength and depth. He's going to be sat on the bench unless he can displace the club captain and a club legend. Or play wingback.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/1564296851045683201?t=NzukSvJ-yk17iFANaOW7Zg&s=19

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I thought Arsenal wanted him? With the Neto deal now not likely to happen.. I wonder why they didn't get this guy.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

As for United, I guess we’ll have to see whether spending 200m on Casemiro, Martinez, and Antony was a good idea, but it doesn’t seem wise to me, and I have to think that this weird transfer pattern they have will catch up to United in a couple years.

Man U have spent the last decade spending lots of money on poo poo players. But this time....its different

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

iirc edinson cavani is signing with valencia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheRat posted:

Supposedly he was a borderline modern keeper before Newcastle re-educated him

The Steve Bruce effect

That said his throwing is poo poo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mila kunis posted:

Man U have spent the last decade spending lots of money on poo poo players. But this time....its different

This is an incredible oversimplification.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

T Bowl posted:

I thought Arsenal wanted him? With the Neto deal now not likely to happen.. I wonder why they didn't get this guy.

We need a winger to rotate with Saka, and a defensive midfielder/CM who can play at the base of midfield when Partey is unavailable.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TyrantWD posted:

We need a winger to rotate with Saka, and a defensive midfielder/CM who can play at the base of midfield when Partey is unavailable.

no, sambi and elneny are the backups for that role. That's why they gave ElNeny a new deal

if Arsenal don't get another winger to rotate with Saka it is pretty much throwing the season away

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Elneny is injured now so they probably need a midfielder anyway

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1564583777019609088

It's happening.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1564585525935316994

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

UnderFreddy posted:

if Arsenal don't get another winger to rotate with Saka it is pretty much throwing the season away

Aren’t ESR, Vieira, and Zinchenko all capable of rotating in that position?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Dan James goes to Spurs on loan I will be doing some lmaos for sure.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've signed on loan the brilliantly named Armstrong Oko-Flex who is a striker we will probably force to play wing back and then send back in January having barely kicked a ball.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Zaha or some guy named Neymar to Chelsea is the latest rumour exciting morons (like me) on social media.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I still get confused every time I see an Arsenal post about Vieira

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

club needs to have two players for each position. ESR is an option at 8 or LW, Vieira is mostly an unknown but seems like an 8. Zinchenko is being used primarily at left back.

Signing an actual right winger will be needed. One we trust to play instead of Saka (i.e not Pepe). No idea who that is gonna be though lol, except Neto

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

UnderFreddy posted:

club needs to have two players for each position. ESR is an option at 8 or LW, Vieira is mostly an unknown but seems like an 8. Zinchenko is being used primarily at left back.

Signing an actual right winger will be needed. One we trust to play instead of Saka (i.e not Pepe). No idea who that is gonna be though lol, except Neto
I don't see us signing anyone. We need a winger ready to start next week's Europa League game, but those sorts of players are probably outside our price range. Throw in the hesitation to commit what is left of our transfer funds at a wide player when a DM may be sorely needed, and I can see the club being torn between two priorities with only 48 hours to go, without enough money to make a good signing for either one, so we say gently caress it and try to make do with the squad we have.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:xd:

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1564358397046177796

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ouch

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
West Ham beat them 3-0 away four months ago, still bitter.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Aulas is just like that all the time. I remember there was some some huge drama over for some signings with spurs as well.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TyrantWD posted:

I don't see us signing anyone. We need a winger ready to start next week's Europa League game, but those sorts of players are probably outside our price range. Throw in the hesitation to commit what is left of our transfer funds at a wide player when a DM may be sorely needed, and I can see the club being torn between two priorities with only 48 hours to go, without enough money to make a good signing for either one, so we say gently caress it and try to make do with the squad we have.

idk, I think a winger is sorely needed. Club can't really expect Saka to play 10 games a month. It's not a nice to have it's a necessity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1564615897557471238