Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The kids... they called me Fancy Mel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I did really enjoy the game before that, I'll probably finish it on my own time at some point

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fancy mel...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the theme of the platforming sections of mel's atelier lives within the gaming dreams of many unfortunate imps

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
18th Game

Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken/I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (SAT) - 1998 - Deadline 9/6/22 11:59PM EST

(アイラブ ミッキーマウス ふしぎのお城 大冒険 / アイラブ ドナルドダック グルジア王の秘宝) is a video game compilation for the Sega Saturn. Its extraordinarily long name comes from the fact it contains two games, both originally released as separate Sega Mega Drive games.

Games included
I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken (Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse)
I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (QuackShot Starring Donald Duck)

gotta love that genesis sound chip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQLgH7euiE

Quackshot sounds psychotic lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikRDKNZRZdw

Trophies this week (thank you Sub-Actuality!):

: Beat Castle of Illusion (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn

Resources - Download the Saturn game here if you wanna go for the platinum, emulation for Saturn has got a lot better over the years so it probably works just fine

https://archive.org/details/sega-ages-i-love-mickey-mouse-fushigi-no-oshiro-daibouken-i-love-donald-duck-geo-english-patched

Good luck Imps! Game Starts 8/31/22 12AM EST

That Little Demon fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 30, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Updated OP

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol poo poo I might play this one. Gives me an excuse to finally plug my Saturn into the CRT I got like 6 months ago....

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont know how good genesis emulation on saturn emulation will be lmao please note i did not write that final challenge

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lmfao wtf

copy
Jul 26, 2007

holy poo poo castle of illusion ruled

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol I'm gonna be pissed if Saturn emulation doesn't work

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i do love donald duck

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
the disney platformers are a huge blindspot of mine, especially the non-capcom ones. i'll have to give this challenge a spin!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol awesome. Castle of Illusion owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i've only ever played the master system version of castle of illusion, i want to say its the first game i ever beat. guess it's time to go back!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i've only ever played the master system version of castle of illusion, i want to say its the first game i ever beat. guess it's time to go back!

The master system version is cool but the Genesis version kicks rear end and looks amazing especially for such an early Genesis game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Very cool pick. Goof troop was on my shortlist. Some cool Disney games from that gen

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

its cool master system & game gear got a unique game instead of a cruddy port, and got lucky dime caper instead of quackshot, both are worth playing

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

i do love donald duck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

its cool master system & game gear got a unique game instead of a cruddy port, and got lucky dime caper instead of quackshot, both are worth playing

Disney games in the 90s kicked rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The only Disney genesis game I had as a kid was The Lion King. It does not hold up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

The only Disney genesis game I had as a kid was The Lion King. It does not hold up

That's probably the worst one except maybe the Genesis Fantasia game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That Little Demon posted:

18th Game

Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken/I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (SAT) - 1998 - Deadline 9/6/22 11:59PM EST

(アイラブ ミッキーマウス ふしぎのお城 大冒険 / アイラブ ドナルドダック グルジア王の秘宝) is a video game compilation for the Sega Saturn. Its extraordinarily long name comes from the fact it contains two games, both originally released as separate Sega Mega Drive games.

Games included
I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken (Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse)
I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (QuackShot Starring Donald Duck)

gotta love that genesis sound chip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQLgH7euiE

Quackshot sounds psychotic lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikRDKNZRZdw

Trophies this week (thank you Sub-Actuality!):

: Beat Castle of Illusion (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn

Resources - Download the Saturn game here if you wanna go for the platinum, emulation for Saturn has got a lot better over the years so it probably works just fine

https://archive.org/details/sega-ages-i-love-mickey-mouse-fushigi-no-oshiro-daibouken-i-love-donald-duck-geo-english-patched

Good luck Imps! Game Starts 8/31/22 12AM EST

looks pretty cool. think it's finally time that i throw my hat in the ring for IZGC as opposed to just lurking, now that i have more free time lately

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

is the saturn version harder or something? why is the platinum for saturn only

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

before playing you gotta check which are japanese and which are europlatformers

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

It definitely is very frustrating and not fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

Very cool pick. Goof troop was on my shortlist. Some cool Disney games from that gen

Oh man I had been thinking of Goof Troop but couldn't remember the name. That game ruled. Castle of Illusion is great too

E: just read that QuackShot was criticised for floaty frustrating jumping and Fancy Mel's theme started up in my head

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 30, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

is the saturn version harder or something? why is the platinum for saturn only

because no one except me and a few freaks are going to emulate the saturn version lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had Quackshot as a kid. Hope it still holds up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

because no one except me and a few freaks are going to emulate the saturn version lol

I might lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's even an English patch for the Saturn version lol. Get the ISO here https://cdromance.com/sega_saturn_isos/sega-ages-i-love-mickey-mouse-and-donald-duck/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im going to test the alpha mister core written by the ukrainian guy who posts updates and nothing else once a month when he gets internet access

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Never heard of quackshot or played castle of illusion but it looked cool. Saturn emulation's gotten a lot better, Dark Savior ran fine for me on Series S.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's even an English patch for the Saturn version lol. Get the ISO here https://cdromance.com/sega_saturn_isos/sega-ages-i-love-mickey-mouse-and-donald-duck/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Emulating a system that's emulating another system ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be playing on original hardware .

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

the one he linked was already patched lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to test "Yet another broken and unfinished saturn emulator" on mac because it seems like the only option