Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sexpig by night posted:

yea once again this thread just invented a thing to be mad at. Felix said that about an incredibly generic 'I have trouble processing information' statement as if that was in itself some disability.

Yeah that's pretty much being unintelligent

Lacking the ability to understand or extrapolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Spoiling the next tabletop episode I see

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

lmao I was thinking there was no way Fetterman would run that ad in case it backfired by seeming xenophobic and sure enough it's an Armenian group.

Excited for the return of the "he's too Muslim" campaign strategy after it worked so well in '08

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Blasmeister posted:

Spoiling the next tabletop episode I see

it is dark here. you are likely to be eaten by a giuliani

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

Lacking the ability to understand or extrapolate

Jeffrey forget "The Internet Makes You Stupid" and make this the new SA tag line.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh good I love movie review episodes

https://twitter.com/hannahgais/status/1563255591396528130?s=21&t=IHgCQKfWjzitURSZzsk8dQ

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

evilpicard posted:

Excited for the return of the "he's too Muslim" campaign strategy after it worked so well in '08

I'm inclined to give Armenians a pass on being mean to a Turkish politician who's been super cagey about the Armenian genocide, but yeah obviously if Fetterman was doing this or it became a big part of what people are seeing about Oz I don't think that would be helpful at all. And I definitely think the religion poo poo should have been left out of it either way.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1563233851794526209?s=20&t=jvtcmgLrcCXOUSQvAIGT5A

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Man why would you repost this?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Man why would you repost this?

He's bragging about his girlfriend.

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006
: o

https://www.zavvi.com/4k/the-wolf-of-wall-street-4k-ultra-hd-limited-edition/13953236.html

Full time WM movie podcast when

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lmao Billie Piper's ex doing the drama school American accent. Dude absolutely burned all of his bridges going racist and making the most embarrassing folk music album I've heard. Of course he's in this.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Pharmaskittle posted:

just a little further, Rudy! the cask I've promised you is just around this next bend!

Yes Rudy, for the love of God!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Pretty hosed up that Chapo Trap House has no POC or women involved in it, don't you think?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Pretty hosed up that Chapo Trap House has no POC or women involved in it, don't you think?

Matt is a PoC (Person of Civil War nerdery)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You've got to try harder than this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i miss arfjason

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

No Dignity posted:

No this is a pretty standard objection idpol libs have.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
grey wolves are back baby arooooooo
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1563985183744741377?s=20&t=CgqQc4MwneAbr9K0EYQ50w

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

No Dignity posted:

no

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Here's a podcast that you should watch instead of posting here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5uytvuY-MM

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Will went on the best podcast, Hollywood Handbook

https://hollywood-handbook.simplecast.com/episodes/will-menaker-our-graphtreon-friend

Thought they might cross over at some point, Hayes was doing a bunch of work for Nithya Raman back when she was campaigning.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

https://hollywood-handbook.simplecast.com/episodes/will-menaker-our-graphtreon-friend

Thought they might cross over at some point, Hayes was doing a bunch of work for Nithya Raman back when she was campaigning.

i’ve wondered if/when this might happen, worlds colliding with the 2 podcasts i’ve listened to most. i have always thought their energies wouldn’t align very well, so i’m really curious to listen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"My first date with Katherine I took her to a movie on the Mongolian coal mining industry"

Christ

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Excited for Felix to watch Seventh Seal and somehow become Zionist for a month or two. I think he would love Mikey and Nicky because it captures a lot of the cross-sections of his interests, but I’m not going to DM him about it.

Has Bidens approval rating really improved that much recently? I’m a little surprised, but it does seem like the midterms might not be bad for dems.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, Biden just openly bribed everyone. Of course his numbers went up.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now that Biden's done the student loan forgiveness, none of the Boomer Democrats on Twitter have turned on him. They've spent months calling everyone under 60 a selfish, lazy child who deserves a life of nothing but misery, but now they're openly celebrating the loan forgiveness as a major accomplishment.

The lesson is that only a fraction of the population is on Twitter, and only a small fraction of that fraction does almost all of the posting. So @RichWineMom4Kamala is not representative of the public, and I should stop letting this stuff get under my skin at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Twitter isn't a real place, anyway.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Anyway, I liked the Andrew Tate bit from the last episode. I was glad they highlighted that weird Type of Guy who tries to become a Masculinity Entrepreneur with a Greek statue avatar, a newsletter, an ebook, and no real name or evidence of success. I guess there are so many of these guys because the barrier to entry is $0 and too much free time.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Now that Biden's done the student loan forgiveness, none of the Boomer Democrats on Twitter have turned on him. They've spent months calling everyone under 60 a selfish, lazy child who deserves a life of nothing but misery, but now they're openly celebrating the loan forgiveness as a major accomplishment.

The lesson is that only a fraction of the population is on Twitter, and only a small fraction of that fraction does almost all of the posting. So @RichWineMom4Kamala is not representative of the public, and I should stop letting this stuff get under my skin at all.

I have to imagine it's also one of those things where the people who do hate it often know somebody who benefitted so they shut up. Same reason that even the people who hated the stimulus payments ideologically tended to just kind of shut up because if they ever complained they'd have people in their life make fun of them for being mad about free money.

Although I actually was surprised that my sister, who's a true Panera Bread Democrat with a kid in college and one about to go to college didn't even mention it this weekend and neither one is going to have loans or benefit. Maybe it just wasn't enough to manage to piss anyone off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

Anyway, I liked the Andrew Tate bit from the last episode. I was glad they highlighted that weird Type of Guy who tries to become a Masculinity Entrepreneur with a Greek statue avatar, a newsletter, an ebook, and no real name or evidence of success. I guess there are so many of these guys because the barrier to entry is $0 and too much free time.

he's got a wizard

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1564743482408947712?t=QEWEPkHEEqzMDOCgisXtig&s=19

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

:pray:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Nerd

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

That’s cool

I remember Ike 4 or 5 years ago, HH reached out to cumtown to go on each other’s shows and nick reacted to the email on the podcast saying he didn’t know who they were and never brought it up again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

please for once in your useless life use your undeserved influence and work for the end of cars

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I've wanted to visit Auschwitz for years and I guess I'm still a bit naïve because I was surprised yokels show up in graphic tees and baseball caps and poo poo. Guess it's good to have the warning ahead of time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What’s the appropriate attire for Auschwitz, business casual?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheOculusOnline/status/1564786893266587649?s=20&t=CXZeGXpXxCGOdgnijl3xcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've wanted to visit Auschwitz for years and I guess I'm still a bit naïve because I was surprised yokels show up in graphic tees and baseball caps and poo poo. Guess it's good to have the warning ahead of time.

when i went there it was a gloomy rainy day and it felt appropriate. apparently on nice sunny days people just end up lounging around Birkenau in the sun. everyone should visit if they can. standing inside the gas chambers is a surreal experience.

Also Krakow is an awesome city to visit as it dodged WWII entirely and has amazing 1400s architecture and stuff.