Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
where can i buy the climate refugee strategy guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

a long long time ago i downloaded this book once, a cookbook of sorts, but i think it was complete bullshit

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Oglethorpe posted:

a long long time ago i downloaded this book once, a cookbook of sorts, but i think it was complete bullshit

federalists cookbook how your captured slave girl should shutup and make good

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

prima used to sell this in best buy, but i think nowadays everyone just goes on prepper forums for the pro strats

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Oglethorpe posted:

"How to Serve Man"?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
What's the meta on central Virginia as a base in a climate collapse? I want to be closer to a great lake but my fiance likes VA due to proximity to people she knows so I want to know if it's more optimal to focus on resources or social networks in the early game.

The Appalachian mountains do make a good rain trap and we'd get all the hurricane remnants from the gulf and the cheeky ones that creep up the eastern seaboard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

try moving to a healthy planet op

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Well Odell is getting a windfall (hehe)

https://www.thewindpower.net/windfarm_en_21817_odell.php

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

that's more than 4 out of 5 people who aren't affected by this flood

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CAStormLover/status/1564598453853753344?t=ewHnbS32RRfycegg-HBEFQ&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i were california i would simply have a good climate for my residents

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

skooma512 posted:

What's the meta on central Virginia as a base in a climate collapse? I want to be closer to a great lake but my fiance likes VA due to proximity to people she knows so I want to know if it's more optimal to focus on resources or social networks in the early game.

The Appalachian mountains do make a good rain trap and we'd get all the hurricane remnants from the gulf and the cheeky ones that creep up the eastern seaboard.

there's no where you can go where you will be safe from the collapsing climate. places that are less effected by the climatic changes will be overrun with refugees.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Stereotype posted:

there's no where you can go where you will be safe from the collapsing climate. places that are less effected by the climatic changes will be overrun with refugees.

people were convinced the pacific northwest was safe until last year when it got really hot and killed off all the sea life. And also the atmospheric rivers. Literally nothing is same lmao

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

RC Cola posted:

people were convinced the pacific northwest was safe until last year when it got really hot and killed off all the sea life. And also the atmospheric rivers. Literally nothing is same lmao

They're still convinced that the Midwest will be the new safe haven.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
How quickly we forget about Climate-Proof Duluth.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Real hurthling! posted:

try moving to a healthy planet op

Can we move this into the first post? Or maybe the first and only line in a new FAQ?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This may be related to high river levels so I guess it belongs in this thread.

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1564431286474792962

They don't seem sure of what's causing it which is not a great sign for the people of Jackson.

Edit: This has apparently been a slow moving disaster since deep freezes in 2021.

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/10153/under-the-surface-part-one-jackson-residents-struggle-from-neglected-water-system

PostNouveau has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Aug 30, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

RC Cola posted:

it still is lol, relatively

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Hooplah posted:

prima used to sell this in best buy, but i think nowadays everyone just goes on prepper forums for the pro strats

prepperFAQs

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

1stGear posted:

How quickly we forget about Climate-Proof Duluth.

how quickly you forgot Feisty the Flood Seal

https://www.weather.gov/dlh/june2012_duluth_flood

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Even better! You get to ride out the end of industrial civilization in comfort and luxury while also making new semi-aquatic friends!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

skooma512 posted:

stay near as many people who care about your continued existence as possible. everything else is copium

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Murdercane comin'

https://twitter.com/UWCIMSS/status/1564695477249085446?s=20&t=cPL8qLKgzKtAJr7YUCzwNw

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

biceps crimes posted:

stay near as many people who care about your continued existence as possible. everything else is copium

:hai:

Pretty much. Whatever happens can't be predicted, but more hands to work and more eyes to watch never hurt anybody's survival. Hopefully VA's water is better than MI's because it hasn't (presumably) been polluted to all gently caress and I don't think there was ever oil there, so no one is fracking. Coal mine runoff sure but oh well can't everything in hellworld.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:drat: that's some real good symmetry

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

drat look at that eye. it's so perfect

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

skooma512 posted:

:hai:

Pretty much. Whatever happens can't be predicted, but more hands to work and more eyes to watch never hurt anybody's survival. Hopefully VA's water is better than MI's because it hasn't (presumably) been polluted to all gently caress and I don't think there was ever oil there, so no one is fracking. Coal mine runoff sure but oh well can't everything in hellworld.

Honestly, water is probably the big one if your goal is just not to have a really, really lovely time before you die. Be somewhere that the water infrastructure doesn't totally fail with no hope of recovery and you probably at least get to stay above the "actually it'd be better to be dead" threshold.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this was all because of glacial ice dams breaking? or rain? or both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this was all because of glacial ice dams breaking? or rain? or both?

rain in the south. glacial lake outbursts in north. was what i saw in a article

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Predator 2 predicted this

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Something tells me it is NOT going to be 124F in Redding.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

SirPablo posted:

yes but what if it were

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
literal burning man

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
bet it's gonna be hot tho

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SirPablo posted:

Redding has hit 118 °F on three separate occasions.

Have faith in a 119+.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SirPablo posted:

Predator two predicted this and yet you still doubt it will come to pass?

Like why would anyone even want to try and be this obviously wrong!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

At least in predator 2 you could get murdered by the predator

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

uhhh winds up to 315 km/h??

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Gunshow Poophole posted:

uhhh winds up to 315 km/h??

holy poo poo

If this can't be considered as cat 6 hurricane, then what's even the point of that scale?