Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HD DAD posted:

Picard should have gone back to 1964 and prevented Gene Roddenberry from ever creating Star Trek.

He did, and then Benny Russell created it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Season 3 of Picard involves using the nexus to go back to the events of Starship Mine so that Patrick Stewart can hunt the most dangerous game of all: himself, pretending to be in Die Hard

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

Season 3 of Picard involves using the nexus to go back to the events of Starship Mine so that Patrick Stewart can hunt the most dangerous game of all: himself, pretending to be in Die Hard

I genuinely love that dumb episode. Also Rascals.

By the way my issue with Generations in not the Trilitium stuff. It’s killing off Rene and Robert offscreen. Both as you’d have to had watched the episode to get the context of their deaths. (Compare this to me having never watched BoBW at ten and seeing First Contact and getting Picard hated the borg) as well as killing anyone off screen always seems cheap.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 29, 2022

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

picard could gone back and prevented the chateau from burning down but he chose to passively murder his brother and take his vineyard

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"After their death I've learned that spending time with my family is literal bliss for me."

"You'll need help with this current enemy. Perhaps..."

"Kirk."

"But what about fami...."

"KIRK!"

"..."

"KIRK! KIRK! KIRK!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Picard season three, Master Org returns, emerging once again from the Nexus

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn Worf is such a bad father like lol at this speech he's giving to Alexander , its so bad

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Worf's whole life as horrible if you think about it. Last we saw him he's overweight and demoted back to his old post, and clearly he had a drinking problem. Failed as an ambassador, failed at command, failed as a brother, husband, and father.

Maybe Picard's World part three wil write him a happy ending.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Worf's whole life as horrible if you think about it. Last we saw him he's overweight and demoted back to his old post, and clearly he had a drinking problem. Failed as an ambassador, failed at command, failed as a brother, husband, and father.

Maybe Picard's World part three wil write him a happy ending.

I hope things worked out for him and he's still Klingon Ambassador.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Tangentially related to bypassing the EPS relays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJ_6LCly4A

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Goddamn Worf is such a bad father like lol at this speech he's giving to Alexander , its so bad

Worf is a bad father by human standards. He is the Klingon Ward Cleaver.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Automatic Slim posted:

Worf is a bad father by human standards. He is the Klingon Ward Cleaver.

Even Klingons think Worf is a bad dad. Martok basically tell him so in a episode of DS9.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hollismason posted:

He makes his peace with empty barrels on slightly high shelves.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hollismason posted:

The show that constantly falls back on "We made this beloved character sad/dead, aren't you now sad about this too? We are good drama writers!"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I feel like I’ve heard “x character is in a very different place from where we left him” too many times to count now.

Like, why can’t someone just have a fulfilling career and family just doing the same old same old?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

HD DAD posted:

I feel like I’ve heard “x character is in a very different place from where we left him” too many times to count now.

Like, why can’t someone just have a fulfilling career and family just doing the same old same old?

We have O'Brien at home

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I never really considered Worf a failure UNTIL this thread and now CAN'T unsee it and sort of want to...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The best thing about Worf is that Michael Dorn fuckin loves Worf

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
today is a good day to post

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Beef City posted:

I never really considered Worf a failure UNTIL this thread and now CAN'T unsee it and sort of want to...
I feel like DS9 really points that out on a lot of occasions

Like he’s still a deadbeat dad in TNG but there’s a whole sequence in an early appearance of his on DS9 where Odo literally pulls up a bullet point list of his failures as security chief on the Enterprise

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

External Organs posted:

Worf is probably an enormous amount of fun to play, and Worf's horrible decisions and miserable life are the accretion of dozens and dozens of standalone episodes where the writers had to make ~drama~ for the character without worrying too much about continuity

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Clark Nova posted:

Worf is probably an enormous amount of fun to play

As evidenced by Dorn ruining takes with his constant giggle fits. The blooper reels are a gem.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hollismason posted:

Nemesis takes place after DS9, so Worf is back in Starfleet. There's a line in the script that was filmed, but cut, in which he says he was not suited for the life of a diplomat. After Data dies, Worf becomes second officer on the Enterprise.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hollismason posted:

Even Klingons think Worf is a bad dad. Martok basically tell him so in a episode of DS9.

Martok was introduced on the show through his failson.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

thotsky posted:

Martok was introduced on the show through his failson.

I actually wish we'd have had a follow up to Alexander, he finally was doing his own poo poo on his own terms.

*Monkey paw curls* here's a 10 episode order for a show that's just Alexander in therapy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

External Organs posted:

I actually wish we'd have had a follow up to Alexander, he finally was doing his own poo poo on his own terms.

*Monkey paw curls* Worf has been mourning his death for the past X years

Because Picard.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Worf is in a different place now” means he’s now a Pleasure Protector on Risa, saving the day from weather terrorists and sipping alien mojitos in his off-time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
worf can only be happy when he is miserable, and risa makes him miserable.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

HD DAD posted:

As evidenced by Dorn ruining takes with his constant giggle fits. The blooper reels are a gem.

"I did not play with boys"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

drat, are Bezos' eyes really that...unique?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He stole them from Matthew Broderick.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

External Organs posted:

Worf is a great character, he just also happens to be a hilarious loser when you take all his syndicated episodes and look at them together.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Worf loves that "I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me" song, it really speaks to him

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Worf listens to "Cats In The Cradle", we all know it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

JediTalentAgent posted:

Worf listens to "Cats In The Cradle", we all know it.

He cries, too. And he should, he’s a bad father and should reflect on that more.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The X-Men/TNG crossover should have had Worf and Scott Summers exchanging family and parenting advice.

"Wait! You're saying your son came back from the future? So did mine! Small multiverse..."

naem
May 29, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Worf is a great character, he just also happens to be a hilarious loser when you take all his syndicated episodes and look at them together.

in a gritty war story setting, fighter/warrior type characters get all the glory and when they face challenges it’s shown as awesome and cool

in the TNG setting, diplomacy and progress rule the day in the positive enlightened space future. It’s all Picards giving speeches.

fighter/warrior types kind don’t have much to do and are working themselves actively against they’re own fighter/warrior culture.

In a way Worf’s challenges in life are those of Klingons in general as the universe they live in needs them to change as they’ve been outdone by progress

also the writers were lazy and didn’t plan things out that well lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

This should be probatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, so should your av.