Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Phenotype posted:

Doing 6.2 right now I think. Would this make more sense if I'd done the Reaper quests? I don't remember a voidsent attached to Zenos whatsoever.
About your spoiler : Zenos' voidsent is explicitely shown when trying to attack the scions when Zenos stole the WoL body, then in full shrouded form escaping the pit where you fight Zodiark, when he gets back to the menagerie after getting sassed by Alisaie, and finally when you fight him at the edge of the universe I really don't know how you could have missed that

Some reaper lore : Reapers make a pact with a voidsent to gain powers, they feed on the reaper's aether and anything they kill, it's supposed to be an equivalent exchange, but as Zero said, Zenos went beyond and fully used her voidsent form as a tool
Reaper 80 job quest : the inverse is also possible and it's shown that reapers can lose their control of the voidsent and get consumed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have a noob question: I was just in a hunt train, the group leader left and lead was automatically passed on to someone else. when that someone else invited a replacement, it turned the group into a "cross-world group", changed the color of the party ui, everyone said "rip" and disbanded. what the heck was that about?

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013
If someone outside of a party's current Realm (like someone currently on Leviathan joining an Excalibur party) accepts an invite, or if the party is placed into Party Finder without un-checking the "Cross-World Party" box, the party will become cross world.

The UI changes visually as you described, as the game does not actually consider players in a cross-world party in the same party for purposes of pretty much everything, like actions that target or benefit party members, aoe heals, enemy chain-aggro based on player level or number, job presence stat bonuses, Limit Break bar, or, crucially in the case of hunt parties, shared and combined party credit for engaged enemies.

The new leader probably made a mistake, and someone helpfully commented with the ever-informative "rip," so everyone disbanded to join a party that wasn't cross-world to continue getting easy credit on hunts. While you can turn a normal party into a cross-world one, there is no way to make a cross-world party back into a normal party short of disbanding and re-inviting members.

Cross-world parties were devised when they implemented the cross-world PF system purely to allow players to join duties, not to participate in activities on the same Realm (which couldn't be done until a much later patch). The party UI looks sort of like they appear when they're in your party but not in your zone in a normal party (i.e., you can't see their HP/MP bars or job icon).

Jabbering Idiot fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 31, 2022

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

raid glam

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Jabbering Idiot posted:

crucially in the case of hunt parties, shared and combined party credit for engaged enemies.

Silly question, but how much does this matter for hunt marks? I know it's huge for getting gold on FATEs, but I always thought hunt marks were "you tagged it, you're good, full rewards."

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jabbering Idiot posted:

The party UI looks sort of like they appear when they're in your party but not in your zone in a normal party.

I think its the opposite, normal parties are the only ones that hide jobs outside your zone.

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013
It matters about equally as it does with FATEs. Your contribution is based on the enmity generated, so the simplest way to get full credit solo is to hop on a tank and spam your increased threat ranged attack with stance on. Note that this isn't guaranteed to work if there's a lot of players and hunt marks are dying very quickly. Parties make it much easier to get credit.

However, if you actually tagged the hunt, then you may be good. You can tell if you tagged it because its name will be highlighted in red by default, unlike how an enemy's name is normally yellow, or purple if a party outside of yours has tagged it. I'm not 100% on this being the case, though this is how it works for normal enemies in the field.

Jabbering Idiot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 31, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kerrzhe posted:

raid glam

This is a good rear end picture my dude

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Silly question, but how much does this matter for hunt marks? I know it's huge for getting gold on FATEs, but I always thought hunt marks were "you tagged it, you're good, full rewards."

There's no helpful medals displaying it but there are scaling participation rewards for A rank and S ranks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah if you're running solo you have to be a tank to get full rewards, as a party everybody's enmity adds together.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
As an example, if your party currently gets the "gold medal" participation for an EW A rank hunt, you'll get 40 Sacks of Nuts, 30 Poetics, 20 Astronomy, and 10 Causality (with a 50% chance each to drop a Cracked Anthocluster and a Cracked Dendrocluster).
If they only get "silver medal" participation, the rewards will be 24 Sacks of Nuts, 18 Poetics, 12 Astronomy, and 6 Causality (you still get a chance for the Cracked clusters, but I dunno if it's still 50% or not).
I think it's probably as simple as something like "Gold" = 100% rewards, "Silver" = 60% rewards, and "Bronze" = 30% rewards.

You have to tag the boss to get tied into the party participation, but you do not have to do anything further if your combined party enmity is already enough for top rewards. If you're solo, this means you'll need to be able to have time to generate that much enmity on your own, which may not be possible in a train with a lot of people burning the marks down.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Huh, I legit had no idea there were different participation levels -- I've only ever gotten gold rewards, probably because most of my A-rank kills have been solo fights in ARR/HW. Appreciate the info!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I came across an A-rank just as hunt trains showed up to kill it and I joined in to fight unpartied and yeah, I got like 4 nutsacks and 1 tomestone. Having the party is a big part of it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What’s the name of the remix of Answers that plays for the Rising?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Regalingualius posted:

What’s the name of the remix of Answers that plays for the Rising?

Answers (Reprise), it can be found on the "Before the Fall" soundtrack, which is the 2.X soundtrack album.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I am slowly losing my sanity trying to clear the new ex so in-between groups I rewrote the prologue to Romeo and Juliet to be about the stack 1/3 vs. 2/4 camps in the party finder:

Two strategies, both alike in dignity,
Those who stack 2-4 and those who 1-3,
From teasing tangles to savage barbery,
Where PF strats make PF pulls unclean.
From forth the fatal flow of this fiendish foe
A pair of stack-up markers to save your life;
Whose misdirected cardinal movement woes
Do with the deaths ruin their healers' night.
The fearful marker of their death-marked weakness
And the continuance of the clear party's rage,
Which, but their vote disband, nought could address,
Is not the two hours' lockout on this stage;
The which if you with patient pulls attend,
With your toil will get the clear in the end.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
The new savage raids seemed a little easier than the previous tier, but streaming groups are on P8 savage phase 2 and Jesus christ that looks tough.

Love 2 talk about easy savages when I can barely do my rotation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HampHamp posted:

The new savage raids seemed a little easier than the previous tier, but streaming groups are on P8 savage phase 2 and Jesus christ that looks tough.

Love 2 talk about easy savages when I can barely do my rotation

From what I understand a bunch of Savage mechanics were datamined so I imagine any team that actually cared about racing went in with at least some foreknowledge.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

From what I understand a bunch of Savage mechanics were datamined so I imagine any team that actually cared about racing went in with at least some foreknowledge.

Of the stuff that I heard of, none of it really made any sense out of context.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I didn't do P1S on release day, did people have as much trouble with it as P5S? The jump phase seems like a huge trap for PF. Probably didn't help that i didn't bother buying a set of 610 gear so couldn't join the more tryhard groups. I ended up getting my clear by switching to MCH to fit into an enrage to clear group, and had nothing but the EX weapon which made the AoEs pretty scary with my HP.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

CJ posted:

I didn't do P1S on release day, did people have as much trouble with it as P5S? The jump phase seems like a huge trap for PF. Probably didn't help that i didn't bother buying a set of 610 gear so couldn't join the more tryhard groups. I ended up getting my clear by switching to MCH to fit into an enrage to clear group, and had nothing but the EX weapon which made the AoEs pretty scary with my HP.

Fourfold Chains was a menace day 1.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
intemperance caused a lot of arguments and collapses, but not as many as devour hard walls the bads

the tryhard 610 parties aren't any better though, having the gil or the time to spend on getting your crafted gear isn't a predictor of skill

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I haven't done any savage yet, but I love the tryhard EX4 partiers working on progression and requiring 610. Sorry mate, I'd help but I'm busy farming it in 600 (well, 608 now). That's right up there with "clear for 1" when alone in the group.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

After probably 8-10 hours total, I still have yet to find a party that can actually beat Sephirot Unreal. There was one time where we got a 0.7% enrage, and then they immediately broke up (whyyyyy).

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 31, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I made half as many cowries in the workshop today as I did all of last week. 2500. Let's see how tomorrow does, I'm making the same stuff.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
just cleared P5S. cool fight, though I can tell that devour is going to suck for months

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I took an FFXIV break for a few days my animals aren't going to starve or anything right

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I took an FFXIV break for a few days my animals aren't going to starve or anything right

They'll be grumpy but some premium feed will fix that quick

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
not raid glam

Peacelover's and New World gear makes for great astrology tarot hippie glam. Need a pair of Godbert's glasses to really round it out, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dareon posted:

Need a pair of Godbert's glasses to really round it out, though.

They're called the pince-nez, and they drop from Dzemael Darkhold!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I haven't done any savage yet, but I love the tryhard EX4 partiers working on progression and requiring 610. Sorry mate, I'd help but I'm busy farming it in 600 (well, 608 now). That's right up there with "clear for 1" when alone in the group.

lol I avoid C41 parties even when I'd fill the last spot. they always fail. I also feel the sephiroth pain. make great progress, party breaks up, the the next "clear" party can't even handle basic phase 1 mechanics

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

raid glam

Which chest/hood is this?

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Looks like the Bozjan armor to me.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So I’m just wondering: does mentor roulette put you into any duty that a Sprout is queued up for?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/neathdrkwaters/status/1564963386919616519

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Regalingualius posted:

So I’m just wondering: does mentor roulette put you into any duty that a Sprout is queued up for?

Mostly. I think you will just fill any sort of queue required. Pretty much everything but savage stuff and coils as far as I know. I don't think it necessarily matches with sprouts.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Evrart Claire posted:

Which chest/hood is this?

yep it's the Bozjan resistance fending set from the Southern Front (if you did any zadnor content you probably have hundreds of the rusty coins to buy em with)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Mostly. I think you will just fill any sort of queue required. Pretty much everything but savage stuff and coils as far as I know. I don't think it necessarily matches with sprouts.

Yeah, I spammed it a bit yesterday, and got Alzadaal and Panaemonium 1, which I just chalked up to “oh, someone must have boosted and hasn’t played the character long enough to lose Sprout” (though I didn’t remember to actually check the group, either).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just tried EX4 with a blind prog part to get some EXP for later part parties. It's definitively overwhelming but clock starts and stablishing a pattern makes it much more readable for me. And the party was actually pretty good, we reached Mario Kart without any help besides me suggesting clock positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

P6S got hands. Should be able to clear it tomorrow at least.