Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony's not alone in loving with exchange rates, what the absolute gently caress is this standard edition pricing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you gotta pay for all those delays, bee

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Portal was great right up until every insufferable unfunny oval office on the planet started making cake jokes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laserface posted:

Portal was great right up until every insufferable unfunny oval office on the planet started making cake jokes.

Becoming popular really ruins anything funny I think.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

No other game single player game I've tried to play has refused to work unless I gave them an email address and made an account and password with their company. Stop acting like this isn't ridiculous and stupid because it is.

You must pay for the game with your email.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

And now the game showed up on Amazon Canada for $69.99cad. Sorry, Series S owners.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

Nobody runs jokes into the ground like nerds.

Edit: I am not excluding myself from that group.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I have no clue what is happening in Immortality but it's kind of neat so far. Never played a game like this before.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I give up on Elden Ring. I am just not good enough for this. It’s more frustrating than fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sad!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Hand over your gaming card, goon sire.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sponges posted:

I give up on Elden Ring. I am just not good enough for this. It’s more frustrating than fun.

I’m waiting for an elden ring walking simulator

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Destroy All Humans 2 keeps crashing to home on me.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Immortals Fenyx stinks on ice. I gave it a try because of the "it's not like assasins creed, trust me it's a good ubisoft game" narrative . This is Breath of the Wild lite + assasins creed for zoomers who love twitch. rear end! The horrible poo poo ubisoft UI and HUD looks like a literal reskin and font change from all their other games and probably is.

Look how terrible this presentation is. I can't stand it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was a 7 or low 8

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

Immortals Fenyx stinks on ice. I gave it a try because of the "it's not like assasins creed, trust me it's a good ubisoft game" narrative . This is Breath of the Wild lite + assasins creed for zoomers who love twitch. rear end! The horrible poo poo ubisoft UI and HUD looks like a literal reskin and font change from all their other games and probably is.

The character art is also really uninspired. Just a flat effort all around (which as Ubisoft has proven, gamers will eat up time and time again).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That looks so ugly lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Any word on deathloop yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not Assassin's Creed is the exact opposite of what I want from a UBISoft fantasy game. I want Assassin's Creed Origin/Odyssey, but in a fantasy setting with magic.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Immortality is actually really loving cool. Only an hour in and I'm loving this. This thing has layers. I could definitely see someone completely bouncing off of this though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Even better would actually be cyberpunk setting Assassin's Creed, but UBISoft is ran by cowards.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

sponges posted:

It has so many QoL improvements over its predecessors, but the open world creates new challenges that make it very easy to run into a wall and not realize there are other avenues you should pursue.

This is all relieved once you can use the bird farm shortcut to generate cash, but even then I sometimes feel like I’m not nearly powerful enough and it takes effort to figure out where to go instead.

All that spoonfeeding from Ubisoft and others has really softened my gamer heart.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seltzer posted:

lmao this is somehow worse than free to play gacha genshin impact.

ubisoft charged people for this poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Even better would actually be cyberpunk setting Assassin's Creed, but UBISoft is ran by cowards.

I think part of the reason I hate those games so much is you can see the seed of an actual good idea there but it just doesn't ever get used

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

TF2 hasn't been updated on consoles in forever, for better or worse. It's pre-hats, I think.
Pre-hats, hell, it’s pre-Payload!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Larry Parrish posted:

That looks so ugly lol

It legit looks like a 360 game on series x bar the frame rate

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Seltzer posted:

It legit looks like a 360 game on series x bar the frame rate

Depends on the 360 game. That looks significantly worse than the upgraded Sonic Generations for sure

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Professor Beetus posted:

lmao this is somehow worse than free to play gacha genshin impact.

ubisoft charged people for this poo poo.

Amd wants my email too!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

spaceblancmange posted:

Oh yeah MS owns that studio right? Arkane? Why isn’t that on gamepass?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Seltzer posted:

I'm pretty certain you can disable any parts of the HUD you don't like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSa3pQgWus

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm not sure where Immortality is going or if it'll stick the landing but it's gotten an verbal reaction out of me twice when I made certain discoveries.

Also it is very NSFW.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

priznat posted:

Oh yeah MS owns that studio right? Arkane? Why isn’t that on gamepass?

Timed exclusive, but it should just about be expired

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Am I dumb or are you just not able to buy the Magic the Gathering Xbox 360 games on disc or through the Xbox store? It seems like no options to buy exist but they are backwards compatible on the series x

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

spaceblancmange posted:

Yeah, it stinks!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Creating an account for a Ubisoft game usually comes with a free hat or other piece of clothing so it's totally worth it!

I'm still playing Shadowrun Returns, game I hadn't heard about before this trilogy came to game pass and I really like it a LOT! I like that it's heavy on story and less focused on combat. Apparently the first one isn't even the best one so I'm in for some good times.

This is a genre I wouldn't have given a second look if it wasn't on game pass, so I'm glad to discover new types of games like this. Expanding my gaming horizons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

The word is overhyped

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Every ps5 3rd party exclusive game deal sony made has been incredibly half baked and a step down from the previous game from the studio.
Deathloop and ghostwire could have both been way better its a shame

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I continue to hold out hope the version of those games releasing on Xbox will be directors cut versions developed silently over the last year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Ubisoft stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deathloop is really bad. I’m a big Arkane fan and I found it mega disappointing. The dialogue is insufferable and the whole thing feels super disjointed.