Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Today I learned helicopters have weird dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

hazardousmouse posted:

Edgelord Alt-Right CHUD posted:

I identify as an attack helicopter.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Difficult to find a gif that aged better than this one did.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/m5IZCZf.mp4

Yet when I do this, I get pepper sprayed immediately :confused:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Bears always look so weird when they're that skinny. They look like a human in a suit.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hazardousmouse posted:

A weird dick that sucks!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Unperson_47 posted:

Bears always look so weird when they're that skinny. They look like a human in a suit.

mobby_6kl posted:

lol

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Unperson_47 posted:

Fun fact: In old days with traveling circuses, the side shows would often include an exhibit called “the pig faced woman” which would just be a shaved bear that was put into a dress.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/m5IZCZf.mp4

Well this is horrifying.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sure go ahead, capture my potential mauling on your phone.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Boo Boo is holding that phone

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

freeedr posted:

This is an absolutely unhinged way to use a writing implement

so hosed up that it doesn’t even make the progression chart

it must be either for babies or for animals

edit: oh, maybe it’s 4 finger? ok just a toddler

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

One of the most gifted artists I ever knew used the "static-tripod only babby use" grip. Methinks people/bad psychologists rank things to much

holttho
May 21, 2007

Methinks you used a single anecdotal data point to discredit an entire profession...

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

holttho posted:

Methinks you used a single anecdotal data point to discredit an entire profession...

Bad psychologists aren't a profession, they're merely part of a profession

unless you wanted to imply that they're all bad, i gues

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

holttho posted:

Psychology is one of the greatest advancements of the last century. Doesn't mean people do good things within it all the time. Look I had to label that picture something, why not bad [x]?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

One of the most gifted artists I ever knew used the "static-tripod only babby use" grip. Methinks people/bad psychologists rank things to much

yeah one example definitely invalidates everything else

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The objective of learning to use a pen is to be able to use it to make coherent marks on paper and that person appears to be able to do that, so it seems very weird to me to start trying to argue that they are objectively doing it wrong.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

maybe everybody else they know are just are really dogshit artists?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Now post the dong holding chart so we can all compare techniques instead of arguing about something insanely asinine.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
tbf the "correct" way to hold a pencil when drawing is closer to the second digital pronate grip than any of the others, using the elbow and not the wrist is the feature not a bug

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

dupersaurus posted:

tbf the "correct" way to hold a pencil when drawing is closer to the second digital pronate grip than any of the others, using the elbow and not the wrist is the feature not a bug

Yeah wrist for like, big motor control stuff, like sawing a tree down. Elbow for fine motor control like calligraphy.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I use like a mix between the "Static tripod" and "Dynamic tripod" grips. As in, my middle finger is next to my index finger gripping the pen like in the static one, but my ring and little fingers are under the pen like in the dynamic one. I'm not an artist, but I can write at a decent speed and my handwriting is fine. :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lmao, I dictate my posts to the computer. Who owns a pen these days? Losers, that's who.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
If you don't use a trimodal reverse Langland lumbrical grip, you're basically a toddler.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

the idea of the progression is building towards most of the movement being in the fingers, not the wrist at all. It's aimed at writing, not drawing or painting which obviously require a range of grips and techniques.

Honestly as a primary school teacher who has worked in schools that both do and don't teach handwriting and pen grip and stuff explicitly, it's more important than you might think. It's an important part of developing fine motor skills that just kind of happens automatically while kids learn to write.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:wow:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is psychic violence.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Pookah posted:

This is psychic violence.

Yes, it is art. I applaud the artist.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I only hold pens like this

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/mwVojoQ.mp4

He’s protecting his bees from hornets.

:black101:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Where are the hornet stans?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

dialhforhero posted:

The schadenfreude thread. Looks like imported drama, but I like Cartoon Man's posts so gonna say this is completely coincidental and innocuous.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

dialhforhero posted:

Don't worry, if the schadenfreude thread is any indication they'll be along soon to say that this is genocide ackshually

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Unperson_47 posted:

*record scratch*

I think you might be on to sumthin here...

*disproves years of bigfoot "research"*

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

dialhforhero posted:

Got you fam

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

That picture clearly says wasp :agesilaus::hf::goleft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u96tYuv2Zk