Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ganyu, Nahida, Dehya and Raiden Shogun in case of a rerun are my targets for the coming patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So much I want... Kokomi, Nilou, Kusanali, Dehya, Eula, Raiden, and Ayaka are all units I want a lot. Dehya being the top of that but like...and then I also want Shenhe, Yae, and Ayato whenever they show up. :shepicide:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Right now I just really want Kuki Shinobu so I can make the most badass possible hyperbloom team, though out of the upcoming confirmed 5*s Dehya does seem really cool.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess i'll pull for Nahida and keep sitting on my stockpile otherwise

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'm just saving for the Archon after getting Qiqi instead of Kazuha. I'm F2P now so I have to be highly selective!

Sumeru is so far much better than Inazuma though. In particular, Dunyrzad is a large upgrade over Teppei.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Dendro needs a character with consistent off-field application on their elemental skill instead of just their burst. Hopefully the archon will at least fulfil that role.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It should be fun to see how the first available All Archon Team performs once Nahida is out.

In theory it should be fairly fantastic actually: Zhongli for shield/res shread, Venti for crowd control & VV shred, Nahida for (hopefully) good Dendro application, and Raiden taking advantage of Quicken to boost her already high damage.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Isn't it usually the case that the Traveler's elemental kits are like diet versions of the Archons? If so then it seems like Nahida will definitely be a great off-field Dendro applicator

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Harrow posted:

Isn't it usually the case that the Traveler's elemental kits are like diet versions of the Archons? If so then it seems like Nahida will definitely be a great off-field Dendro applicator

I'm not sure how 'stomps ground to create ridges of earth' is a diet version of 'giant petrifying meteor'.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I'm not sure how 'stomps ground to create ridges of earth' is a diet version of 'giant petrifying meteor'.

I think when I see people mention that they draw connections between Traveler's E and the corresponding Archon's Q. Anemo Traveler's E is like a tiny handheld version of Venti's vortex, while Geo Traveler's E summons a big rock like Zhongli's Q.

It doesn't really line up though, like Geo Traveler isn't a shielder at all for example

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well considering Nilou burst is a lingering aoe hydro field nahida might be a dendro driver instead of just off field applications, but who knows.

There is a gap right now with dendro characters in that there isn't anyone yet that is a hard driver for the element yet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Harrow posted:

I think when I see people mention that they draw connections between Traveler's E and the corresponding Archon's Q. Anemo Traveler's E is like a tiny handheld version of Venti's vortex, while Geo Traveler's E summons a big rock like Zhongli's Q.

It doesn't really line up though, like Geo Traveler isn't a shielder at all for example

The one that's most iffy on that is Electro Traveler but his E is still called Lightning Blade and emulates Raiden's energy batterying if nothing else. But mostly the E to Q relation works you just kinda have to squint real hard sometimes.

So based on that the most we can infer about Nahida is that her burst might be a large AoE of damage. Which isn't much to go on. :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Suspicious leaks claim that she gets something similar to DendroMC's transforming bulb.

So far all the Traveler's elements do have at least part of their kit being a weak thing that the corresponding archon does, that I'm leaning towards it being intentional. Anemo - weak tornado. Geo - tiny meteor that's also climbable. Electro - energy generation and a coordinated lightning bolt.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Early leaked footage of Kusanali's leaked burst

Kale
May 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

Right now I just really want Kuki Shinobu so I can make the most badass possible hyperbloom team, though out of the upcoming confirmed 5*s Dehya does seem really cool.

Thats the only 4 star character I dont have so far. Just never dropped in 50 pulls on Ittos banner. By comparison I got 3 Heizous, but had to go 174 or so pulls deep on the Kazuha banner in my first lost 50/50 all year. Even still there's just no feasible way to get all the upcoming 5 stars even with Welkins Pass and in game rewards. It has me debating skipping Zhongli for a 3rd time since getting him would make at least two of Nilou, Dehya, Scaramouche and Kusanali basically impossible....who are all potential targets for me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are gameplay leaks spoilers? I'm gonna tag it just to be safe, but Nilou's kit: she looks like she has a ton of similarities to Ayato--E lets her do hydro infused melee but with an alternate stance and move set, Q is a lingering AoE hydro field--but with much more focus on HP scaling and also a hyper-focus on bloom reactions. Are there major differences I'm missing? It's interesting to see two characters of the same element, with the same weapon, with such similar gameplay styles, though I guess Nilou's "only hydro and dendro team" thing sets her apart.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'll pull everyone except cyno. His animations and QTE are cool he just doesnt seem like he has much to him.

Harrow posted:

Are gameplay leaks spoilers? I'm gonna tag it just to be safe, but Nilou's kit: she looks like she has a ton of similarities to Ayato--E lets her do hydro infused melee but with an alternate stance and move set, Q is a lingering AoE hydro field--but with much more focus on HP scaling and also a hyper-focus on bloom reactions. Are there major differences I'm missing? It's interesting to see two characters of the same element, with the same weapon, with such similar gameplay styles, though I guess Nilou's "only hydro and dendro team" thing sets her apart.
If I'm reading the numbers right ayato should just be better in every way outside of bloom teams. Nilou does less damage with less application and utility as an on field dps. Nilou will instead specifically enable bountiful bloom teams where you build her full hp and sit her in the back. The viability of these teams will depend entirely on future dendro characters, there is a lot of awkwardness around them with the current 3 dendro characters. Ideally there will be an on field dendro normal attacker dps that scales with EM and an off field dendro healer, as with the current roster you're stuck with nilou+kokomi/barbara and unable to use the op hydro units (yelan and xingqiu). You could tehnically yelan+xingqiu+nilou+tighnari and it would kind of work despite feeling very strange to play.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 31, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I loved Nilou in the quest too much to not go for her, and I love hydro characters, and the way bloom works makes me think I need Kokomi so like two characters I really want back to back, while I don't like how Nilou's talents lock her into one specific team comp, I do look forward to people breaking her out of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

I loved Nilou in the quest too much to not go for her, and I love hydro characters, and the way bloom works makes me think I need Kokomi so like two characters I really want back to back, while I don't like how Nilou's talents lock her into one specific team comp, I do look forward to people breaking her out of it.
its not really like shed be the first character with two dead talents. since she reverse vapes, her damage in a vape team seems pretty high.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Sanctum posted:

Good thing I have Zhongli because I cannot see poo poo :shepface:

:psyduck:

I'm running around with kazuha, tighnari, yae, and kokomi. Once I've popped everything I might as well be playing blindfolded

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo Candace looks rad as hell, too. I mean the whole spear+shield thing is always cool, but while it's likely she was made to complement Nilou, her focus on buffing teammates' elemental normal attacks also means she'll be a fantastic teammate for Ayato

Was already going to try to get her just for her cool aesthetic so that's a nice bonus.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Oh poo poo Candace looks rad as hell, too. I mean the whole spear+shield thing is always cool, but while it's likely she was made to complement Nilou, her focus on buffing teammates' elemental normal attacks also means she'll be a fantastic teammate for Ayato

Was already going to try to get her just for her cool aesthetic so that's a nice bonus.

Sadly, at least on the beta she has no synergy with Nilou. Their infusions don't stack or buff the other. It's a big shame. She's kind of without a clear home unless they introduce a pyro XQ or Yelan.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Sadly, at least on the beta she has no synergy with Nilou. Their infusions don't stack or buff the other. It's a big shame. She's kind of without a clear home unless they introduce a pyro XQ or Yelan.

Oh weird, do Nilou's infused attacks not count as normal attacks, then? I was mostly looking at Candace's ability to make teammates' elemental normal attacks do increased damage with her Q, and Ayato's infused attacks after his E count as normal attacks so I thought Nilou's might too

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Oh weird, do Nilou's infused attacks not count as normal attacks, then? I was mostly looking at Candace's ability to make teammates' elemental normal attacks do increased damage with her Q, and Ayato's infused attacks after his E count as normal attacks so I thought Nilou's might too

It's not a buff she just infused hydro. Think less Hydro Yun Jin and more Hydro Chongyun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

It's not a buff she just infused hydro. Think less Hydro Yun Jin and more Hydro Chongyun.

Is this leak wrong then? Or was she changed since then?

The part I'm referring to is the first bullet: "Characters deal increased Elemental DMG with their Normal Attacks"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

Candace's burst gives a normal attack buff that scales with her HP. It's like 35% or so between the flat 15% and the part that scales with HP, way less than what yunjin does but nilou can't use yunjin. Ofc the issue with normal attack buffs in general is that yelan and xingqiu are overpowered.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The supposed leaked voice lines for Scaramouche out there sound a little too much like somebody's fanfiction for me though maybe there's some more context to be had. Still not sure if I buy some of those sans audio and screenshots. :lol:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

3.1's gonna be a test of restraint for me. Nilou's looking like a pass for me as I don't like all the restrictions. I like Cyno's aesthetic, but not sure if I want to pull for a hypercarry that I might not end up using (I've got 3 of those already). I'd trade in Hu Tao for him in a heartbeat though. I do, however, want Candace, and she'll likely be on the banner I want less.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Candace's burst gives a normal attack buff that scales with her HP. It's like 35% or so between the flat 15% and the part that scales with HP, way less than what yunjin does but nilou can't use yunjin. Ofc the issue with normal attack buffs in general is that yelan and xingqiu are overpowered.

Yeah it's true that it's hard to buff normal attacks so much that it beats out having a whole other character doing attacks alongside your on-field character's normals, huh

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Stacking DMG multipliers can do some OP stuff when you're adding flat ATK bonuses to things, i.e. Shenhe/Yun Jin/spread/aggravate. Though whether Candace can leverage any of those, and to an extent that it's worth it, is iffy.

Hydro Petra Zhongli with Yun Jin/Candace/Kazuha :v:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 31, 2022

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'm currently laser-locked on Cyno so hard it's honestly not even funny. Like, not only have I been farming the electro vine like crazy, but last Sunday I even took the time to build up a spear for him. Also got about 18k gems atocked up, and I'm like 20-30 rolls into pity already.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

serefin99 posted:

I'm currently laser-locked on Cyno so hard it's honestly not even funny. Like, not only have I been farming the electro vine like crazy, but last Sunday I even took the time to build up a spear for him. Also got about 18k gems atocked up, and I'm like 20-30 rolls into pity already.
Just to warn you, he's getting a very good free spear next patch. Deathmatch will possibly be better but it should outperform every other 4 star.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
White Tassel is better than the free Spear in the next patch and about on par with Deathmatch. If you run him as a solo electro Kitain Cross Spear at high refines is also good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love Nilou's character.... but I have no place for her.

It would be funny if Nilou replaces Ayato, who replaced Childe.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I want Kusanali to be dendro klee. That's all it would take to make Nilou really good.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dori has to be something really amazing for me to pull for her. Super not interested in a middle-tier Electro especially after Inazuma. I have Raiden, Yae and Fischl plus every other Electro already so it'll take a lot to convince me.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cyno checks all the boxes for me. Looks badass, does cool poo poo, has a great desert aesthetic, a bit of an edgelord.

It helps that he looks fun as hell to play.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Seems like he'd be the first character who can really use 4-piece glad's to its fullest

I like how it took nearly 2 years to get real users for that and wanderer's

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 31, 2022

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I found some of the new weapon recipes in Sumeru. For the Forest Regalia (claymore), Sapwood Blade (sword), King's Squire (bow), Moonpiercer (polearm), and Fruit of Fulfillment (catalyst), after you finish up the Vanarana quest chain and unlock the Tree of Dreams, there's a Aranara named Aravinay to the right of the path right by the Tree that has them available for pages of "Story of You and the Aranara" that I assume you got from turning in all those quests helping them out.

The location is probably common knowledge but I don't read a lot about the game unless I get stuck on something. Heck it took me a while to find the silapna to re-enter which is of course right in Vanarana to the NE of the main pool. The weapons themselves have a kind of wood and leaf and gold dendro motif. No idea if they're good but they use new billets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Rexxed posted:

I found some of the new weapon recipes in Sumeru. For the Forest Regalia (claymore), Sapwood Blade (sword), King's Squire (bow), Moonpiercer (polearm), and Fruit of Fulfillment (catalyst), after you finish up the Vanarana quest chain and unlock the Tree of Dreams, there's a Aranara named Aravinay to the right of the path right by the Tree that has them available for pages of "Story of You and the Aranara" that I assume you got from turning in all those quests helping them out.

The location is probably common knowledge but I don't read a lot about the game unless I get stuck on something. Heck it took me a while to find the silapna to re-enter which is of course right in Vanarana to the NE of the main pool. The weapons themselves have a kind of wood and leaf and gold dendro motif. No idea if they're good but they use new billets.

you can convert old billets, if you have any in excess, to new ones with Dream Solvent