Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I know that modern delivery wards slap a RFID-chipped bracelet on the baby pretty much as soon as they are born, and if the baby leaves a room without being signed out alarms go off throughout the floor. I’m sure not every hospital is equipped like that but it was SOP at the two hospitals we used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I would guess that RFID tags and closed-circuit security cameras have almost entirely eliminated that. There's probably still some unlikely comedy of errors that could make it happen but we won't know until the kids try 23andMe in a few decades

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not wanting to pay for my wife's spending money?

quote:

Throwaway because people who know me are on here.

Before the birth of our daughter, my wife and I both worked full time in low-middle earning jobs with my wife earning a bit more than I but not by much.

My wife returned to work out of necessity when our daughter was 3 months old. Her mental health became pretty bad and she has a minor disability that makes work life a little hard and she found it a bit worse after having our daughter but we had to do what we had to do.

My wife's nan who sort of raised her and was her only family passed away sadly when our daughter was 6 months old. My wife inherited everything she owned. It was a big inheritance. Not enough for us both to immediately retire but a lot. Enough for us to buy a decent house outright, a new car each and to put some away for a comfortable retirement.

Shortly after her nan died, my wife stopped working and became a stay at home mom. Partially due to grief and struggles at her job, and a bit because she always would have preferred to stay home with our daughter. Thing is though, I'd rather not work and be a stay at home dad too but I've been sucking it up because we still need an income to get by.

My wife spoke with me recently about how to budget so we can live off just my income (she'd been dipping into savings to pull her weight but that's all tied up in investments now). I said if I'm the one who has to work (and I'd rather not) I don't think I should have to spend my money funding her hobbies and spending money. If she chooses not to work then she can buy clothes at the charity shop instead of new and get a friend to cut her hair for free etc. Or she can get a job working a night shift or start an online business or something to fund her spending money. I don't see why I should have to pay for stuff like her sewing materials and gym membership since I don't benefit from them and they're not my responsibility. I'm happy to pay for stuff for our daughter seeing as she's my responsibility so I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. I work 36 hours a week and I already pay for the bills and food. She said that's not fair if I get to enjoy my gym membership and hobbies like video games but the difference is I'm paying for them with my money. My wife said her inheritance was worth more than if she spent her whole life working and without that, both of us would be working anyway and having higher expenses from paying a mortgage and car loans so I should count that as her contribution and share my money with her.

AITA?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for not wanting my son to call my wife mom?

quote:

Today is the the first day of second grade for my (33M)son. Last night after dinner, my wife(30) began to help my son pack his lunch for the first day of school while I got his clothes out, when I came back into the kitchen, they had just finished up and my wife handed the lunch box off to my son who said "thank you mommy." This was the first time my son has ever called her mom, because my wife and I have been married for 7 months but together for 3 years. My son's biological mom passed away when he was just a few months old, and from that moment on I never wanted my son to refer to another woman as "mom" I discussed this with my wife when I realized that we were getting serious and first introduced her to my son, and she said that she understood and would never expect my son to refer to her as mom or anything along the lines of that, and for the past few years my son has only called her by her first name.

My wife didn't say anything in the moment, just smiled at him and said "you're welcome." However, after my son had gone to bed my wife was beaming with excitement and telling me how happy she was about it. I didn't want to be an rear end, but I reminded her that I didn't want him calling anyone else mom, and asked if she could just remind him to call her by her name or nickname next time. She was immediately upset and began to say that she would never have forced him to call her mom but she's also not going to deny him that if that's what he chooses to call her. This led us into a w hour long argument and me sleeping on the couch. AITA here?

Edit: I have told my son all about his biological mom and has shown him pictures of her everyday when he was younger, so he knows who is mom is and that she is no longer with us.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Bramble posted:

Very well, I will reduce my sentence in light of these mitigating factors *bangs gavel*

thank you !!!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

teen witch posted:

do you think that this improves the situation

nope

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

I mean, avocado is disgusting, but I have a suspicion dads breakfast isn't like egg congee an instead closer to a cup of bacon fat and and toast so buttered it folds

What a wrong opinion to have. Next you're gonna tell me you enjoy eating nattō.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, come on, who has only one bathroom?

yeah surely they have a couple spares….. like 5 bathrooms!!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Piell posted:

AITA for not wanting to pay for my wife's spending money?

Yeah it's well known that husbands don't benefit from their wives going to the gym or having hobbies.

Dude needs to think real carefully about this- the house and cars are completely covered and all his wife asks in return is a personal budget? A thing extremely common in all kinds of relationships, no matter how much money is involved?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

8one6 posted:

OP is the rear end in a top hat. Everyone else on the plane was simply jealous that they didn't think to also order some before the flight.

Couple of years ago, I was on a flight and the guy across the row from me pulled out a box of chicken from a Popeye's in the airport. I spent a good chunk of the flight being intensely jealous that I didn't think of that. Even if it was 10am.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Mx. posted:

AITA for taking away by daughter's birthday gift, that I don't think is appropriate?

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Oh gently caress that is an amazing find. Wonder what the backstory is there?? :allears:

OP elaborated:

quote:

I had a couple of ons. Yes I know it was not a good thing to do but I told my (ex) husband almost immediately. Annie was pretty young but she blamed me for a long time- she's better now.

Content:

AITA for sleeping on my weekends?

quote:

Me(35) have a step daughter (13) who spends every other weekend at my home. My husband and I have 3 kids. (4months/ 2 yrs/ and 4yrs)

My baby is super fussy. It’s been really bad. The dr said she is ok she is really colicky. She cry’s all night long. The past few months have been a nightmare. Working all day no sleep at night. I am a super light sleeper. I have been canceling our weekends with my step daughter. So my husband and I can catch up on sleep.

My step daughter decided to blast us on social media. she said “my dad and step mom can’t even take care of the kids they have. Yet they keep having more.” “So much for a reliable loving parent.”

Followed my my husbands family asking her what’s wrong. She let them know that we keep canceling on HER time. It’s not just HER time. it’s also her dads it’s been a very difficult situation for both of us. My in-laws are now saying we are the A’s in the situation. They stopped helping us with the younger kids all together. Am I the A here? I feel like it’s just circumstances. No one asks for a colicky baby.

Commenter:

quote:

Invest in some earplugs then.. unless you want your step daughter to cut off her relationship with you guys because you constantly show she isn’t a priority.

OP:

quote:

I think we are already there. My husband tried to call my step daughter today. When she didn’t answer my husband tried to go and talk to her. He saw her through the window and she didn’t answer the door.

He ended up calling her mom They have a really good co-parenting. My husbands ex said, their daughter asked to go back to the judge and have my husbands visitation taken away. My step daughter doesn’t want to go back to our house.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ibntumart posted:

OP elaborated:

Lol, what :psyduck:

"Yes, she correctly blamed me for blowing up the marriage, but she's doing better now (since I don't let her think or talk about it)"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cowslips Warren posted:

quote:

Edit#2: okay, I understand what everyone is saying and if I'm being honest I'm sure it does stem from me not moving on from my first wife's death, but I get that it doesn't make me right to rain on my son's and current wife's parade.

At least he's realized and hopefully accepts that yeah, a kid who never really knew their birth mother and has had another lady acting as a mother will naturally be called mom.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What is wrong with these men who are determined to have a second wife who must fulfill the role of being a mother but never be entitled to the title? I would think most families would push too hard in the other direction, trying to force the kids to accept a new mom before they are ready, but here it seems to happen naturally and the dads can’t handle it.

“Yes, I know my new wife makes your school lunch and cleans around the house and is emotionally available to you, but you only have only Mother and she’s dead. You will never have another Mother. Now go tell Patricia you’re sorry for making her feel like a part of the family.”

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for telling my Dad I won’t sign the new trust fund proposal?

quote:

I am on mobile so please bare with me.i have changed details for privacy and if family see this.

I know the title seems harsh considering it is my dads money but please read and reconsider.

I (23F) am my dads eldest child, he has 3 other children ages ranging from 18-3.

He has 4 children with 3 different woman, the second eldest being my 100% sibling.

Backstory:

When my parents divorced my father started taking interest in foreign women. I say this because he would meet them online and fly them out to our country and home.

This went on for years.

When he broke it off when his girlfriend from Japan and sent her home but she tried to take him for everything since they had been together for 3 years . So he set up a trust fund, so if anything was to happen to him or if he was to get in a serious relationship no one could take him for half of his companies, homes and money.

If any changes were to be made everyone older than 18 have to sign to agree.

Now onto the story:

My dad (50M) has been with Rose (32F) for 5 years, they have had my youngest sibling together.

Since being together my dad has been Rose’s sugar daddy, expensive trips, designer clothes, he sends money for Rose’s family back home to pay their rent & living costs.

Now what my dad does with his money is his own business, just like mine.

Last week my dad asked me to come for dinner and him and Rose asked if I would sign the new trust fund documents, now I’m not silly. I sat there and read it all, the new document to pretty much sum it up says:

Rose will get the house’s

Rose will get 70% of each business

Rose will get all the cars and boat

Rose will get 60% of the money and the rest will be divided among the children

I told my dad this had to be a joke and no way was I signing this. Rose pushed and said this was my way of accepting her into the family.

I told Rose she was already apart of the family and putting on paper what she gets if my dad dies tomorrow proves that then she is gold digging and delusional.

She told me that if I didn’t sign it then I would be removed, I told her that wouldn’t work as my sibling wouldn’t agree to that change.

I left and went home but Rose keeps texting me, My dad set this up for reasons like this. I wasn’t going to be bullied, she might be manipulating my dad but I see right through it.

My dad has built these companies on his own she did not contribute.

I just want to add that I don’t care what I get, this is not about money. I was raised humble and have worked hard for everything I have. I am just looking out for my dad.

I’m not looking for legal advice we do have a family lawyer who looks after this all as well.

So reddit AITA?

One weird trick gold-diggers and short-sited sugar-daddies hate!

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Hughlander posted:

I would say he was not short sighted at all, he gets to blame his intransigent daughter for not giving a lick (well a good portion) of money to Ms Porteous upon his death.

LawfulWaffle posted:

What is wrong with these men who are determined to have a second wife who must fulfill the role of being a mother but never be entitled to the title? I would think most families would push too hard in the other direction, trying to force the kids to accept a new mom before they are ready, but here it seems to happen naturally and the dads can’t handle it.

“Yes, I know my new wife makes your school lunch and cleans around the house and is emotionally available to you, but you only have only Mother and she’s dead. You will never have another Mother. Now go tell Patricia you’re sorry for making her feel like a part of the family.”

It is a bad look to look like you moved on too callously from a deceased love and allowing the kids to call the new wife "mum" is a public service announcement that you are over your dead wife.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Dad made himself the perfect trust

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

CitizenKain posted:

Couple of years ago, I was on a flight and the guy across the row from me pulled out a box of chicken from a Popeye's in the airport. I spent a good chunk of the flight being intensely jealous that I didn't think of that. Even if it was 10am.

Honestly shocked you're allowed to bring food from outside onto a flight, but that might be because I mostly fly with Ryanair and Wizz who'd charge you extra for oxygen if they were able.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for refusing to pay my parents back?

quote:

Can't believe this happened but here we go.

I'm F25 and I refused to pay my parents back. I started a clothing business after I graduated and it became successful. I now earn a good amount of money.

I visited my parents(M52, F51) last week. I didn't visit them for months because I was so busy. They started asking me about my business. After asking me a few questions about it my mom said that now I earn a lot of money they're expecting me to pay back all the costs of raising me and that I owe them some money. I asked them if they were joking because it was so random and they said no so I told them that's ridiculous. That's their responsibility. I didn't choose to be conceived and born. I asked them if paying their bills is not enough for them. I pay all the bills in the house even though I don't live there anymore. They said that is a different matter. After they said that I left the house.

The day after my dad messaged me. "dont come back here anymore u should be grateful that we brought u into this world". I replied "thank you but im not obligated to pay you" and then they blocked me. My siblings also messaged me that I should have just paid them back since I earn a lot of money. I didn't reply. AITA?

⬇⬇⬇

I'm the one who suggests paying HALF of their bills. But they kept asking if I can pay for that month and they would pay for the next month and it just goes on and on so I decided to just pay their monthly bills. I started paying their bills 2 years ago.

They also did not pay for my college. I got a full scholarship.

I didn't borrow any money from them to start my business.

I found out that my parents didn't ask my siblings to pay them back. I'm the only one they asked.

I stopped paying their bills since I left the house that day. I will not contact them ever again.

edit: im not trolling or anything. i wish i was lol. anyway, i don't respond to the comments but I read every single one of em. thank you ppl of reddit!

Nom Nom Nom this hand that feeds me is so tasty! Let's take an even bigger bite!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Same reasoning my father used when he took the majority of the $70,000 settlement I got for being mauled by a dog.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hughlander posted:

AITA for refusing to pay my parents back?

Nom Nom Nom this hand that feeds me is so tasty! Let's take an even bigger bite!

you miss all the shots you don't take

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Whorelord posted:

Honestly shocked you're allowed to bring food from outside onto a flight, but that might be because I mostly fly with Ryanair and Wizz who'd charge you extra for oxygen if they were able.

As long as you buy it past security, its ok. At least for domestic flights.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I figured that out when the guy in front of me brought on his quadruple red onion sub

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Barudak posted:

Dad made himself the perfect trust
Working exactly as intended when it was set up - "Honey, you know I'd love to leave everything to you - really I would! - but my mean children control the trust and there's nothing I can do. Now stop stewing and come to bed."

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah I figured that out when the guy in front of me brought on his quadruple red onion sub
I felt kinda bad for eating an subway egg sandwich on a plane once, it smelled bad even to me. But goddamn was I hung over.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

As long as you buy it past security, its ok. At least for domestic flights.

You don't even have to do that, you can bring most food through security. The only restriction is the usual 3.5oz limit on liquids.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/food

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for keeping the name of my baby even though it’s my sister’s new boyfriend’s deadname?

Nathaniel needs therapy or they'll run into a LOT of problems later with others who have their "dead name". They don't get to gatekeep a name or dictate who else uses it for their own families.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You don't even have to do that, you can bring most food through security. The only restriction is the usual 3.5oz limit on liquids.

Plus like most airports have several restaurants—or, like Charlotte, a loving mall—once you get past security. Just get takeout from Tuna World and bring it right on the plane, bb

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Plus like most airports have several restaurants—or, like Charlotte, a loving mall—once you get past security. Just get takeout from Tuna World and bring it right on the plane, bb

what a perfect use for the Funcooker

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my wife and her parents that I won't force my youngest to call her mom?

quote:

I have two children with my late wife. We had our oldest when we were just 20 and 6 years later we had our youngest. Three months after the birth of our youngest my wife died suddenly and unexpectedly. I found out after her passing that she'd had a heart condition that she was never made aware of. I was told to get both my kids tested and both inherited the condition from their mom. That period of my life was traumatic as hell. Luckily, I had so many videos and photos of their mom to share. We also had her dad who was amazing and the best grandpa to the kids. My son remembered his mom. My daughter was too young. But she's heard so much about her mom from her family.

Two years ago I started seriously dating my current wife. I have known her for four years and she met my kids once we got more serious but not where we rushed into moving in. The kids are now 7 and 13. We've been married for a little over 5 months.

We had talked about her relationship with the kids before we got engaged. She told me she wanted to be seen as another mom to them. I spoke to my kids. My son was clear that she would never be his second mom. My daughter said she wasn't sure but she didn't feel that way about her. I told them both their feelings were 100% understandable and fine. They both said they liked my current wife and they thought she was kind. I spoke to her about it then and she told me she was fine if they weren't okay with it at that time. I told her she needed to be okay with it if they always felt that way. I told her she needed to be prepared for always being step to both of them. She took some time to think and said it was fine.

But once our wedding happened she seemed to grow agitated by the lack of mom title from my daughter. I think it bothers her less with my son because of his age, but she has told me she does feel different about it with my daughter, because she is the only mom figure she has known. I suggested the two of us go to therapy together to talk it out again. She said it wasn't needed. That she would get over it.

But then last week she and her parents brought it up to me, how I should encourage my daughter to call her mom and how my daughter deserves to have a mom in this life, how she'll never know her "birth mother" (which I hate that term for my late wife). They told me pushing her is the best thing for my daughter. I told them I would never push her to do it. That her comfort in all of this is important to me and feeling like nothing is forced on her. They told me I was putting my kids feelings before my wife's. I said yes. They told me I was a lovely husband and a lovely father for denying them both this. My wife's mother said I was an rear end in a top hat to string her daughter along. I told my wife we need therapy with us. I also told her our marriage was hanging on my a thread. In truth I am doubting our marriage over this.

The kids do like her a lot and enjoy having her around which makes this suck extra hard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for being upset over my SO’s gift?

quote:

Almost 2 years ago, I (26F) mentioned to my SO (28M) that one of the many things I enjoy eating is a chocolate cake. Ever since then, every single time he wants to get me something, he gets that exact chocolate cake. I’ve eaten it perhaps 50 times now, sometimes as a whole cake, and I am honestly so sick of it. While I appreciate the effort and thought behind the gift, it makes me feel like he doesn’t really put in effort to find out what other things I like. I feel like the chocolate cake is just an easy option for him since the store is right across the road. I have explicitly mentioned to him that while I really appreciate the gift and thought, I stopped liking chocolate cake a while ago and it would be nice if he made an effort to find out what OTHER things I like, because there are so many other things I enjoy. I have a full list of things HE likes on my phone and I give him a wide range of gifts that he loves all the time. Despite this, he still continually buys me that cake! AITA for being frustrated and feeling like he doesn’t really care?

Too late! You said you liked it, now it's officially your favorite thing, absolving me from having to put thought into gifts forever!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Whorelord posted:

my brother already watched people take a whole pan of fried chicken through security and then proceed to eat it on the flight so they didn't have to wear masks because "we're eating".

big foil pan of fried chicken? ok
normal sized tube of toothpaste? :siren: TERRORIST :siren:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

The_Franz posted:

my brother already watched people take a whole pan of fried chicken through security and then proceed to eat it on the flight so they didn't have to wear masks because "we're eating".

big foil pan of fried chicken? ok
normal sized tube of toothpaste? :siren: TERRORIST :siren:

I know about orthodox rules lawyers who will eat on the subway since you don't have to keep to a fast while you travel, but this is next level.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Whorelord posted:

Haven't flown Wizz Air in years, but taking cereal bars, sandwiches and fruit through security and on Ryanair flights has never been an issue for me or other passengers.

Bringing your own booze is where airlines draw a line. I'd also argue that taking cooked food from the terminal into the plane is a bit trashy, at least on par with taking shoes and socks during the flight or flying in pajamas.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

a podcast for cats posted:

Bringing your own booze is where airlines draw a line. I'd also argue that taking cooked food from the terminal into the plane is a bit trashy, at least on par with taking shoes and socks during the flight or flying in pajamas.

:dafuq:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The_Franz posted:

I was on the notorious Monday morning return flight from Málaga Airport to the UK (notorious as Málaga/Marbella is where a lot of folk go for their hen/stag weekends, and the return flight is 99.9% hungover, traumatised and angry young people regretting their choices of the last 48 hours, it's entertainingly trashy)

The hen party in front of me had a KFC Family Bucket of chicken each (washed down with a bottle of prosecco from the trolley) and then every single one of them were sick into the empty KFC buckets when we hit turbulence somewhere over the Irish Sea. It was surprisingly thoughtful of them, it meant very easy cleanup for the cabin crew.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ensign Expendable posted:

I know about orthodox rules lawyers who will eat on the subway since you don't have to keep to a fast while you travel, but this is next level.

As a free man on the land who does not drive or walk upon the earth but rather is always traveling this is extremely relevant. G_D has no right to impede my eating as I have a right to travel free of interference. I do not wish to create joinder with Him.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

a podcast for cats posted:

Haven't flown Wizz Air in years, but taking cereal bars, sandwiches and fruit through security and on Ryanair flights has never been an issue for me or other passengers.

Welcome, stranger from 1995! While you were in suspended animation, airports stopped serving free meals on planes. Don't ask about who's been President since then.

Some actual content:
AITA for bringing my SIL’s wallet to the restaurant when she conveniently always forgets it?

quote:

My (f28) SIL “Amy” (f26) always comes to visit from out of town. She stays with us instead of a hotel, and always wants to go to expensive restaurants. She always conveniently forgets her wallet, or domes up with some excuses as to why she can’t pay her share. She has implied that since I make much more money than her, I should be the one to pay (no, not my husband should pay, but me specifically). I do make a fair amount of money, but not so much that I can treat someone every time they come into town. Nonetheless, in the past, I have just paid the bill and asked her to pay me back. She never has.

She had made a reservation at an extremely expensive restaurant last night, and before we left, I made it clear that I wouldn’t be paying her bill.

This is where I might be the rear end in a top hat, and I’ll admit I got this move straight from and episode of Two and a Half men. As we were leaving, her and my husband went to the car. I pretended I forgot something and went back inside. I found her wallet sitting right on top of her suitcase. I put it in my purse and we went to the restaurant.

When we were done eating, I asked for separate bills. She said no, we need one bill, because she “forgot” her wallet again. I reached in my purse and said, “this wallet?”

She was extremely furious. She said that I should not have touched or grabbed her wallet.

So AITA for taking her wallet and bringing it to the restaurant?

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 31, 2022

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ensign Expendable posted:

I will never not be entertained by people attempting to rules-lawyer an ostensibly omnipotent deity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
One time I was in an airplane sitting next to a couple of doofus-y college guys with piping hot Panda Express takeout that neither of them could finish because it was like 7: 30 in the morning.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Some actual content:
AITA for bringing my SIL’s wallet to the restaurant when she conveniently always forgets it?

Even though you know what's going to happen from the title, something about the simplicity of "this wallet?" is killing me lol.