Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

In fairness to Jake, I look at the G1 field this year & almost think "I probably should've been in that" & I'm an untrained waste of space with no coordination or any real wrestling skills

Hi Fale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Finally watching the latest GLEAT show

This is my first time seeing Rising HAYATO and he's pretty but I must ask

What is his deal? He's got a...vibe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And it's confirmed by Tokyo Sports

Omori's tag team partner to challenge Ashino & Honda at the Budokan will be Manabu Soya!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Oh come on, you're not THAT bad, Mr. Takahashi!

Ha!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Power Windows posted:

Finally watching the latest GLEAT show

This is my first time seeing Rising HAYATO and he's pretty but I must ask

What is his deal? He's got a...vibe

I dunno, he's a really talented young wrestler from Ehime, a good looking and agile junior heavyweight talent who at 23 is a great prospect. Mostly wrestles for All Japan but also appears for Ehime Pro Wrestling, his hometown indy, where last year they got into the Guinness Book of World Records for longest wrestling match.

Was there something specific you wanted to know?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Drew Parker vs Daisuke Masaoka was an insane match. Some ridiculous poo poo I've never seen before.

Wales claims a world championship, unlike the bottling English wrestlers this summer

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Crossposting for anyone who wants to check out my DG content:

quote:

I have completed my short documentary series about Masquerade, which I worked on all summer and added more content to as the story kept going. Feel free to show this to anyone who needs more exposure to Dragongate.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHX36rkFHZQve0KSQQD5SQpgNvvgSD7hW

edit: GAORA gave me a copyright takedown, but you can just click through to the links in the placeholder video to see it in other places.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 30, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

Crossposting for anyone who wants to check out my DG content:

This is cool, even though Dragon Gate's in-ring does very little for me it was still interesting to hear the story of Masquerade

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

Was there something specific you wanted to know?

He has these...intriguing mannerisms.

I didn't know if that was his gimmick or what.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

This is cool, even though Dragon Gate's in-ring does very little for me it was still interesting to hear the story of Masquerade

Did you catch any of KAI's Dream Gate defences this year? Because feel like you'd get something from them, the BIG BOSS Shimizu & Takashi Yoshida were both very un-Dragongate, honestly felt they'd have fit in better in All Japan, but I got a kick out of them. Also his match with Susumu Yokosuka is even better because Susumu is one of the most consistent wrestlers of his era. But yeah, KAI is a really under-rated dude in those big matches, I dunno if you saw his Triple Crown match with Kento way back at 2019's New Year Wars Korakuen Hall but it was fantastic stuff.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Power Windows posted:

He has these...intriguing mannerisms.

I didn't know if that was his gimmick or what.

So he was in a group called NEXTREAM with AJPW ace Kento Miyahara, future of the promotion Yuma Aoyagi & his incredible future junior ace brother Atsuki Aoyagi & they've fallen apart (every faction in AJPW has fallen apart recently but that's a different topic) with the Aoyagi's teaming up with Jake Lee. Kento & HAYATO stuck together for a while but Kento was a prick basically, so this seems like a new aspect of his character that Rising HAYATO is trying out, leaning into his good looks. I think the eyeliner is a new thing, I think the earrings are too (or at least if he had the ears pierced they weren't quite as prominent, like they could've been studs)

So what I'm trying to say is it's definitely developing into whatever it is.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Did you catch any of KAI's Dream Gate defences this year? Because feel like you'd get something from them, the BIG BOSS Shimizu & Takashi Yoshida were both very un-Dragongate, honestly felt they'd have fit in better in All Japan, but I got a kick out of them. Also his match with Susumu Yokosuka is even better because Susumu is one of the most consistent wrestlers of his era. But yeah, KAI is a really under-rated dude in those big matches, I dunno if you saw his Triple Crown match with Kento way back at 2019's New Year Wars Korakuen Hall but it was fantastic stuff.

Almost certainly haven't seen any of KAI's stuff this year, the last Dragon Gate I watched was the Shun/Yamato Dream Gate match last year that people were raving about, and found it good to great but not fantastic. If you have links to those two matches i'll stick them in my Chrome group of stuff to catch up on (along with Stardom Showcase and Fortune Dream 7), i'm at least familiar with their times as Big R and Cyber Kong. The Kento match sounds familiar, think I checked it out last year after getting ajpw.tv and you recommended Kento's 2019 CC match with Jake Lee

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Speaking of KAI, what are some great babyface KAI matches? I've only ever seen his work as a heel in DG, and that one match versus Kenny which was fantastic.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I don't remember what his alignments were like in All Japan off the top of my head, but some of his better matches that I remember:
-vs Shuji Kondo for the Jr. Heavyweight title in 2011
-his matches in the 2013 Champion Carnival tournament
-the one forkboy mentioned, vs Kento Miyahara for the Triple Crown in 2019

As a face in DG, definitely check out the 3-way Twin Gate elimination match at Kobe World 2019: KAI/YAMATO (Tribe Vanguard) vs Doi/Ishida (MaxiMuM) vs Eita/Shimizu (R.E.D)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Figured I should post this here given his big run was in All Japan but Joe Doreings' brain cancer has comeback :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Awful news. Dont know the odds on beating it twice but hope he can

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Naoya Nomura replacing Joe as Jake Lee's opponent at the Budokan

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1565049364900630528

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

N-1 finals happen this week, we've got a BJW Tag League opening night with a must watch match between Astronauts & Yankee Two Kenju, a cool looking Sendai Girls card with Big Hash vs Aniki for the title, & a really good looking DDT show. Not the biggest week, & I really need some All Japan back (next show is the 10th but it's only a VOD. Also I've just seen that the Budokan show isn't going to be live on AJPW TV because it's being shown on BS NTV, which selfishly sucks but seems pretty big for All Japan)

3/9/2022, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EDT/8pm PDT

Tokyo Joshi Pro Autumn Tour '22
Narimasu Act Hall, Tokyo
Hyoer Misao vs Nao Kakuta
Moka Miyamoto vs Yuki Aino
Haruna Neko & Suzume vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi
Maki Itoh, Miyu Yamashita & Raku vs Mizuki, Pom Harajuku & Yuka Sakazaki
Arisu Endo & Shoko Nakajima vs Mahiro Kiryu & Yuki Kamifuku
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

FREEDOMS Shizuoka Freedom Plan 2022
Twin Messe, Shizuoka
Dragon Libre & Takahiro Katori vs GENTARO & Tatsuhito Takaiwa
Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs Mataro Aoki & Rina Yamashita
Hardcore Match: Kamui & Takumi Tsukamoto vs Soul Meat (Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura)
Empty Can Board & Razor Crucifix Board Deathmatch: Jun Kasai vs Violento Jack
Fluorescent Light Tube Deathmatch: Daisuke Masaoka, Masashi Takeda & Takashi Sasaki vs ERE (Dobunezumi Fukki, Drew Parker & Toshiyuki Sakuda)

Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Final
EDION Arena, Osaka
Hajime Ohara vs Super Crazy
Anthony Green & Stallion Rogers vs Daiki Inaba & Jack Morris
Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs HAYATA, Kai Fujimura & Yuya Susumu
Alejandro, Masa Kitamiya & Mohammed Yone vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masakatsu Funaki & Shuji Kondo)
Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Sugiura vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Yoshiki Inamura
Alpha Wolf vs Dragon Bane
Go Shiozaki, Masaaki Mochizuki, Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji vs Sugiuragun (El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & Timothy Thatcher)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Stinger (Chris Ridgeway & Yoshinari Ogawa)(c) vs Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita & Kotaro Suzuki)
Great Muta, Great O Khan & NOSAWA Rongai vs Kongo (Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Tadasuke)
N-1 Victory Final: Hideki Suzuki vs Kaito Kiyomiya
Live on Wrestle Universe

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 10
Takamatsu City General Gymansium #2, Takamatsu
MIRAI vs Momo Kohgo vs Natsupoi vs Waka Tsukiyama
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Ruaka) vs STARS (Hazuki & Saya Iida)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Ami Sourei vs Starlight Kid
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Giulia vs Mina Shirakawa
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mayu Iwatani vs Saya Kamitani
5★GP Red Stars Block: Himeka vs Mai Sakurai
5★GP Red Stars Block: Saki Kashima vs Tam Nakano
5★GP Red Stars Block: Maika vs Syuri
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

Ganbare Pro Punch Drunk Love 2022
Narimasu Act Hall, Tokyo
Keisuke Ishii vs Yuki Kanzaki
Moeka Haruhi & Yoshiko Hasegawa vs Yuna Manase & YuuRI
Jun Masaoka, Shinichiro Tominaga & Soma Takao vs Ken Ohka, Kouki Iwasaki & Shuichiro Katsumura
Hardcore Match: Akane Fujita & Shigehiro Irie vs HARUKAZE & Mizuki Watase
Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Yumehito Imanari(c) vs Hartley Jackson
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Sendai Girls Summer Beat
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Ayame Sasamura vs DASH Chisako
Dalys & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Manami & Stephanie Vacquer
ASUKA & Yuu vs Mika Iwata & Miyuki Takase
Sendai Girls World Title: Chihiro Hashimoto(c) vs Ryo Mizunami
Matches will be uploaded to Youtube, I'll post in the Women's Wrestling Thread when that happens

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Dragongate, Heat-Up, & JTO

4/9/2022, Sunday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/4:30am BST/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

Tokyo Joshi Pro City Circuit Nagoya Performance
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Princess Tag Team Titles: Saki Akai & Yuki Arai(c) vs Mahiro Kiryu & Yuki Kamifuku
Rest of card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Big Japan Saikyo Tag League 2022 Night 1
Yodogawa Citizens Center, Osaka
Deathmatch: Abdullah Kobayashi & Masaya Takahashi vs Kankuro Hoshino & Yuichi Taniguchi
"brother" YASSHI, Kohei Kinoshita & Mataro Aoki vs Koju Takeda, Kota Sekifuda & Masaki Morihiro
Daisuke Sekimoto, Kazumi Kikuta & Yuya Aoki vs Daimonji So, Takuho Kato & Yuji Okabayashi
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Kazuki Hashimoto & Satsuki Nagao vs Okami (Hideyoshi Kamitani & Daichi Hashimoto)
Saikyo Tag League A Block: Andy Wu & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Jaki Numazawa & Ryuji Ito
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
Steamed on LINELIVE, uploaded to BJW Core later

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 11
Hiroshima Prefectural Industry Hall, Hiroshima
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Mai Sakurai) vs Oedo Tai (Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: MIRAI vs Momo Watanabe
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Ami Sourei vs Hazuki
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Saya Iida vs Saya Kamitani
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mayu Iwatani vs Natsupoi
5★GP Red Stars Block: Momo Kohgo vs Saki Kashima
5★GP Red Stars Block: Maika vs Tam Nakano
5★GP Red Stars Block: Himeka vs Syuri
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.32
Umeda Sky Building Stella Hall, Osaka
Issei Onitsuka vs Jun Tonsho
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Michiko Miyagi
UWF Rules: Seichi Ikemoto vs Yu Izuka
CIMA, Soma Watanabe & Zeus vs Keiichi Sato, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk
Quiet Storm vs Tetsuya Izuchi
El Lindaman & Kaz Hayashi vs Minoru Tanaka & Takanori Ito
G-Infinity Tag Team Titles: BULK Orchestra (KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Ryuichi Kawakami)(c) vs BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Hayato Tamura)
Uploaded to Youtube later

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

DDT Dramatic Explosion 2022
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Takeshi Masada vs Yusuke Okada
Antonio Honda & Kazuki Hirata vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino)
Akito & Shinya Ishida vs MAO & Yuki Ishida
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yuya Koroku) vs Makoto Oishi, Yuji Hino & Yuki Ueno
ASUKA vs Chris Brookes
Current Blast Deathmatch: 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima) vs Atsushi Onita, Shinya Aoki & Yukio Naya
KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul)(c) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi)
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi & Naomi Yoshimura)(c) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Toru Owashi)
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

Dragongate Storm Gate Night 2
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Open The Twin Gate #1 Contendership: Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta vs HIGH-END (Ben-K & YAMATO)
Rest of card TBA
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Tenryu Project, JWP, Ice Ribbon, Marvelous, Doutonbori Pro, Diana, 2AW, Kyushyu Pro & 666

5/9/2022, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

New Japan Burning Spirit Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bad Dude Tito vs Minoru Suzuki
Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi vs Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI
Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Hikuleo vs Gideon Grey, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb
Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira & TJP vs The DKC, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs Jado & KUSHIDA
BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs El Phantasmo & KENTA
El Desperado, Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr vs Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs JONAH & Shane Haste
Live on NJPW World

6/9/2022, Tuesday

New Japan Burning Spirit Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kosei Fujita, Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi
The DKC, Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI
Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Hikuleo vs Gideon Grey, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb
Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira & TJP vs Jado, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs KUSHIDA & Tomoaki Honma
BUSHI, SANADA & Tetsuya Niato vs El Desperado, Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr
Bad Dude Tito, JONAH & Shane Haste vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano
El Phantasmo & KENTA vs Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi
For some reason, uploaded as VOD to NJPW World

Also BASARA

7/9/2022, Wednesday

DDT/Muscle show

8/9/2022, Thursday

Dragongate Storm Gate Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Ishin Iihashi & Koji Ishinriki vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr
Rest of card TBA
Live on DG Network

Also Freedoms

9/9/2022, Friday

Shows from DDT/Muscle, ZERO1 & Dove Pro

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The second NJPW Korakuen is on SamuraiTV live. Samurai get exclusivity for a certain number of shows a year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The second NJPW Korakuen is on SamuraiTV live. Samurai get exclusivity for a certain number of shows a year

I figured it was either them or Abema

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Abema ones are the ones that air free on NJPW World

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nature continues to heal

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1565545861748125697

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
more awful news for older puro stars

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1565566620067663873

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus that's terrible, hope he's going to be okay.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1565577061057851392

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This photo goes hard
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1565791285704892416

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Is that Antonio Honda with hair? And if so is there someone I can complain to?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

90s Honda looks like the leading man in a British 70s sitcom.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Lamuella posted:

Is that Antonio Honda with hair? And if so is there someone I can complain to?

That means you haven't seen this match; have one, as a treat

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Jerusalem posted:

90s Honda looks like the leading man in a British 70s sitcom.

He looks like a Michael Ian Black character.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1566313507704143874?t=OyO0ANRhYUQVoglBTsJK5A&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Big Japan's Death Mania X is up online for you to catch

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1566798884537602048?s=20&t=WWuH4DCuR0GbAmwIR3N35g

The BJW Jr, Tag, Strong & Deathmatch titles are all on the line, Astronauts face Ito & Kageyama, Okabayashi defends against Shigehiro Irie & the main event is the finals of the Bloody Musuo tournament for the vacant Deathmatch belt, Kobayashi vs Kamitani which sounds like about as good a match as Abby Jr is having in 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rad, I was hoping to catch the Yuji/Irie match, everything else is just gravy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I caught the main event on Samurai after watching the NJPW crowd show and man that crowd was depressing, even for BJW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I caught the main event on Samurai after watching the NJPW crowd show and man that crowd was depressing, even for BJW

Honestly, the really depressing thing is that it's not. Down 10 from last year's Death Mania, & down 9 from 2020.

Even 2019 did just 910, despite a bunch of GCW guys on it, Onita, and Masaaki Mochizuki & Michael Elgin vs Sekimoto & Nomura.

The honest truth is that everything (apart from the wrestling) about BJW is depressing. And even some of the wrestling is when you think about how little they did with younger guys like Ueki & Sakuda who are now off being rad in Freedoms.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Intelligent Sensational Grand Passion Mask No.4 has the most amazingly shindie looking gear. Looks like his granny made the mask for him out of materials she just had lying around

I'd really love to see Sekifuda getting to tangle with a deeper Junior division. He's been Champion for well over a year now and who is his best win, Kosuke Sato? Just be cool to see him against someone of the calibre of Atsuki Aoyagi

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 6, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Apparently when I was out earlier today GLEAT dropped Ver.32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcUPTICC32A

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1567427414619209728?t=sQi-Qj95-3QgBEhQ3-TByQ&s=19

This will possibly be the biggest gate in Japan in 2023. I wonder who he wrestles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1567427414619209728?t=sQi-Qj95-3QgBEhQ3-TByQ&s=19

This will possibly be the biggest gate in Japan in 2023. I wonder who he wrestles

Kaito Kiyomiya. He needs to get his win back.