Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Dak is gonna be limping for his life this season

"Per ESPN Stats and Info, the Cowboys’ offense is almost a yard per attempt worse both in the air and on the ground when Smith has missed time (20 games) over the last two seasons."

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2022/08/tyron-smith-cowboys-injury/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nfl protocol has already cleared him to return to the game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCSCommanders/status/1564314378630995968

Terry McLaurin talks on the real. Love this guy so much, deserving of every penny he got and then some.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

A few Eagles cuts

WR Devon Allen: Olympic hurdler. About all I know about the guy

WR Greg Ward: This was a surprise. Ward ha apparently had a toe injury that's been nagging him. He was always one of those guys you want as your 4th or 5th WR; doesn't do anything special but no real weaknesses either. The year where all of Philly's receivers died and they had to play a game against the Giants with only three healthy ones he really stood out.

S Anthony Harris

CB Tay Gowan

CB Mac Mcain

OT Le'Raven Clark

CB Mario Goodrich

QB Reid Sinnet: Generic 3rd stringer. Was just kinda "there" in preseason.

QB Carson Strong: Strong got $320,000 guaranteed and a $20,000 signing bonus but didn't show much for all of that.

Edit: so the WR room is Brown, Smith, Quez, Reagor for some reason, and then a pile of camp bodies. Rumor of a Reagor trade going around but there's so much bullshit right now who know? :shrug:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 30, 2022

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

A few Eagles cuts

WR Devon Allen: Olympic hurdler. About all I know about the guy

WR Greg Ward: This was a surprise. Ward ha apparently had a toe injury that's been nagging him. He was always one of those guys you want as your 4th or 5th WR; doesn't do anything special but no real weaknesses either. The year where all of Philly's receivers died and they had to play a game against the Giants with only three healthy ones he really stood out.

S Anthony Harris

CB Tay Gowan

CB Mac Mcain

OT Le'Raven Clark

CB Mario Goodrich

QB Reid Sinnet: Generic 3rd stringer. Was just kinda "there" in preseason.

QB Carson Strong: Strong got $320,000 guaranteed and a $20,000 signing bonus but didn't show much for all of that.

Edit: so the WR room is Brown, Smith, Quez, Reagor for some reason, and then a pile of camp bodies. Rumor of a Reagor trade going around but there's so much bullshit right now who know? :shrug:

Don’t forget Pascal at WR. I think he and Quez will split looks in the slot. Particularly in the redzone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Three first names !! https://twitter.com/eagles/status/1564674564285677569?s=21&t=cbS1IFW9N-b7lzhA623geA

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The next step in making a roster full of guys named Gardner.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1564695145127317506

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Is Johnson a first name?

No idea who that guy is but if it helps the Eagles secondary and weakens the Saints a bit for that juicy pick, I'm all for it.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

iamsosmrt posted:

Is Johnson a first name?

No idea who that guy is but if it helps the Eagles secondary and weakens the Saints a bit for that juicy pick, I'm all for it.

CJGJ is the best poo poo-talker in the game. Can make anyone swing at him, no matter how theoretically prepared they are for his mind games. Hella sad as a Saints fan to see him go, but even happier as even more of an Eagles fan to see him turn up here. NFCE WRs gonna be getting ejected heaps; gonna be great.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dingo with a joint posted:

CJGJ is the best poo poo-talker in the game. Can make anyone swing at him, no matter how theoretically prepared they are for his mind games. Hella sad as a Saints fan to see him go, but even happier as even more of an Eagles fan to see him turn up here. NFCE WRs gonna be getting ejected heaps; gonna be great.

lmbo this sounds amazing do you have any recommendations for anyone looking to catch up on this accomplishment

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30...-commanders-nfl

That’s loving crazy. I’m trying to imagine how getting shot through the loving knee doesn’t cause massive damage and I can’t.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah I'd love to know more about it. I guess 22lr up close could do that easiest but it's still a hell of a lucky shot

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lucky it wasn’t a hollow point

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30...-commanders-nfl

That’s loving crazy. I’m trying to imagine how getting shot through the loving knee doesn’t cause massive damage and I can’t.

it had to have just been a flesh wound around on the periphery through the fat/muscle. You'd have stuff obliterated if it was anywhere close to the bone/joint.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

Standing by my claim from a month ago that Pickett will be the best QB in this class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZiew41VVM

Still on this train

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Raegor to Minnesota

Edit: for a 7th and a 2024 conditional 4th

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34495187/source-philadelphia-eagles-trading-former-first-round-pick-jalen-reagor-minnesota-vikings

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

lol “commemorative NFT”.

At least I can wipe my rear end with a rally towel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t look who raegor was drafted before

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Thank God the national nightmare of raegor is over

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Thank God the national nightmare of raegor is over

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

gently caress. Who's going to drop all those passes and gently caress up punt returns now?

Also

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1565041522466242561

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 31, 2022

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Jason Peters going to get a workout with Dallas.

Is he still any good?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Is he still any good?

No he was a liability at tackle and guard

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BiggerBoat posted:

gently caress. Who's going to drop all those passes and gently caress up punt returns now?

Also

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1565041522466242561

Lol best memory for me of reagor was I think last season? Or this preseason? He was back to return a punt and the commentators going on about being so great at kick returns in college etc and then he loving muffed it. It was the second one of the game for him too I think.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Is he still any good?

He's slow and always hurt now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Is he still any good?

he would be a decent emergency 1-game starter, expecting any more than that isn't realistic

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Whomp whomp

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

please football gods allow jason kelce to get thru this season unharmed and not get some ridiculously cruel final season debilitating injury

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1565417346411511809?t=ojz0EkAcsUVbTFP1eLFeiQ&s=19

Lol, I wonder why

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

whoa when did Stephen merchant start writing for pff

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Because Dallas won the NFCE. The schedules are based on where teams finished in their division and it's a formula that's distributed equally, along with cross conference games. They don't just randomly decide that "ooooohhh... this would be a cool game". I suspect you know that but...

Lemme guess. You think the league has it in for the Cowboys.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

Because Dallas won the NFCE. The schedules are based on where teams finished in their division and it's a formula that's distributed equally, along with cross conference games. They don't just randomly decide that "ooooohhh... this would be a cool game". I suspect you know that but...

Lemme guess. You think the league has it in for the Cowboys.

I suspect he was just mocking our clown ball division as a whole, including his own crappy underachieving team.

As well he should.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

predicto posted:

I suspect he was just mocking our clown ball division as a whole, including his own crappy underachieving team.

As well he should.

That was my take as well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I love Clownball.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

predicto posted:

As well he should.

Yeah. He's not whining about the Cowboys having the hardest schedule in the NFCE. He's laughing because the cowboys have the hardest schedule in the NFCE and the fifth easiest schedule in the league (mostly because they get to play the rest of the NFCE).

The most difficult games on the Eagles schedule, for example, are the Packers, Dallas x2, Vikings, Cardinals, Colts, and Saints, and only a few of those are actual contenders.

If the Eagles have a slightly up year, they're gonna win 11 games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The cowboys do get the best schedules historically tho

This is one factor for their regular season success not matching their playoff success . In the playoffs their scheduling bonuses do not apply

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

As well he should.

It's this, yes.

When 1/3rd of your games are against the other lovely teams in your division, your schedule will be easy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The cowboys

fuckem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Cartoon Man posted:

The cowboys

fuckem.