Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

That's the first time in a long time I've seen someone use the word wicked like that

come to boston i think ive done it twice today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

growing up in dorchester i always thought a Boston townie would be a great wrestling character.

"YOU CAN CAWL THIS THE NEW WOORLD ORDAH OF WRESTLIN KED"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Lazy like a Fox posted:

There was some discussion in the Chris Regal thread about Incredibly low rated matches, and people kept mentioning War Games 98 - What was the story there? Just late era WCW overbooked bullshit, or something more?

When I rewatched it with MRT and the rest of the goons some years back my takeaway was that there were approximately 7 things in the match that could be called spots, the rest was waiting around for Warrior's bullshit.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

edit whoops wrong thread.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

growing up in dorchester i always thought a Boston townie would be a great wrestling character.

"YOU CAN CAWL THIS THE NEW WOORLD ORDAH OF WRESTLIN KED"

Cena could have been so much more successful if he’d just leaned into that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Benne posted:

Also this is the match where Davey Boy Smith bumped onto the trapdoor that had Warrior's bullshit magic gimmick, developing the back injury that eventually ended his career and painkiller addiction that eventually took his life.

WarGames 98 has a whole lot of bad energy around it.

Warrior also managed to tear his biceps and sprain his ankle while fighting his way out of the cage. And the Rick/Scott match was stopped almost immediately for a twenty minute segment where Buff pretended to break his neck again.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Cross post from the regal thread: which wrestlers and wrestler adjacent people are on the record qanon or major maga people?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Manwithastick posted:

Cross post from the regal thread: which wrestlers and wrestler adjacent people are on the record qanon or major maga people?

You can start with the ones who donated to Drake's campaign, Bobby Fish, Riddle and Kross.You can compile a pretty big list from twitter likes and national donations but donating to the hopeless campaign of an out and out Q guy is a pretty big sign.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

You can start with the ones who donated to Drake's campaign, Bobby Fish, Riddle and Kross.You can compile a pretty big list from twitter likes and national donations but donating to the hopeless campaign of an out and out Q guy is a pretty big sign.

Was it you that found Taker had donated to like a who's who of MAGA folk?

Big Cass got heat over his Trump support....in a WWE locker room.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cass was also admittedly having a mental breakdown at the time so I can probably give him a pass. The rest

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Big Cass got heat over his Trump support....in a WWE locker room.

You can search pretty easily on the FEC site if you want to go down the donation rabbit hole. Taker donated to Trump, Cruz, the NRA, and other various republican orgs and politicians. Ciampa, IIRC, had a dumbshit thin blue line flag decoration in the background of his home in some interview as well, so gently caress that guy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The Ciampa thing was hilarious because it was obviously something that was hanging elsewhere in his house but he decided it needed to be in the background of the interview so he put it on the floor propped up against the wall.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also stuff like a photo of Taker hanging around with noted war criminal Eddie Gallagher.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
It probably never happened but did anybody ever legally bought a gimmick from Vince?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i dont think so but maybe the booty man brutus the barbrer beefcake i think he won his gimmick in court

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My favorite part of WarGames '98 is Warrior teleporting into the ring but being unable to teleport out when Hogan leaves

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And the Rick/Scott match was stopped almost immediately for a twenty minute segment where Buff pretended to break his neck again.

Which means they had to drag the angle on even longer, somehow getting Chucky from Child's Play involved???

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What does STO stand for?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I'm interested in wrestling school, to those who have done it: is it a full time commitment? Or is it like classes you could do? It's a dream of mine to go but I also have a full time schedule :(

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Kvlt! posted:

I'm interested in wrestling school, to those who have done it: is it a full time commitment? Or is it like classes you could do? It's a dream of mine to go but I also have a full time schedule :(

it's classes usually but many wrestling schools will expect you to put down a decent amount of money as a commitment after a certain point.

most people at wrestling school have "real" jobs, including the trainers.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cool, thank you! Going to start saving up and checking out some local ones

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it wouldn't be a bad idea to search for pro wrestling schools within whatever radius you think you could manage to travel and then i bet someone here would know which if any of those are decent based on either the rep of the place or some of the trainers there. if you're having trouble finding anything, you could also search out nearby independent wrestling companies because sometimes they will be associated with either a wrestling school or at least a trainer who might have a looser thing going on

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just learn from YouTube videos like all the best backyarders

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Elephant Ambush posted:

What does STO stand for?
Space Tornado Ogawa, after its inventor Naoya Ogawa.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

it wouldn't be a bad idea to search for pro wrestling schools within whatever radius you think you could manage to travel and then i bet someone here would know which if any of those are decent based on either the rep of the place or some of the trainers there. if you're having trouble finding anything, you could also search out nearby independent wrestling companies because sometimes they will be associated with either a wrestling school or at least a trainer who might have a looser thing going on

Im def gonna do this! Thank you. I commute into a big city so there's probably a few ones there that I could go to before/after work.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just learn from YouTube videos like all the best backyarders

That's actually why I'm looking, some friends and I wanna do a backyard show and we practice simple stuff and bumps on padded mats but wanna learn a little more "professionally" so we can do cool stuff and put on a fun backyard show without anyone getting hurt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

excited for having a new rastler on this place

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
isn't Kvlt one of the CD horror movie people? big get for the PSP roster imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

isn't Kvlt one of the CD horror movie people? big get for the PSP roster imo

ive turned heel on the horror thread. All in on PSP now 💪

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

That's actually why I'm looking, some friends and I wanna do a backyard show and we practice simple stuff and bumps on padded mats but wanna learn a little more "professionally" so we can do cool stuff and put on a fun backyard show without anyone getting hurt.

Start with something real simple and safe like

https://youtu.be/GcKh0kctniw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My favourite part is at the end where his friend just says “ok dude what’s wrong” as if he didn’t just film him breaking his rear end by jumping off a roof

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

please do not doxx my friends and i

that video is hilarious tho, I love that Ricky-from-TPB-esque "FAACK"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Cool, thank you! Going to start saving up and checking out some local ones

Be careful. There are good, honest schools, there also con artists and in one case a school in FL run by a guy on the sex offender list who somehow has been allowed to train minors.

Whar area do you live in?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

It's been almost two decades and this is still a top 10 internet video for me

My favourite part is at the end where his friend just says “ok dude what’s wrong” as if he didn’t just film him breaking his rear end by jumping off a roof

100000%

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Be careful. There are good, honest schools, there also con artists and in one case a school in FL run by a guy on the sex offender list who somehow has been allowed to train minors.

Whar area do you live in?

Good advice, I didn't even think of that! I commute between Boston and the South Shore of Massachusetts.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

neoaxd posted:

It's been almost two decades and this is still a top 10 internet video for me
It's just so wonderful because I have no idea what they thought was going to happen. It looks like he didn't even try to do a back or butt bump, he just walked off the roof and left it in God's hands.

It's called the Air Raid Crash, that should tell you it's dangerous

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

hangman showing this vid to PAC backstage before this match

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1446086655966806016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Today I learned Rey Horus is 38 years old. How did he not become a major fuckin' international star??

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DMorbid posted:

Space Tornado Ogawa, after its inventor Naoya Ogawa.

Thank you :tipshat:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The other day, I was thinking about Rush's AEW music (does he use it elsewhere?) and how it's basically a lad going "doot-doot-doo-do-doot-doot RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH! doot doot doot," which on paper is just bollocks, but it somehow owns.

So what actually makes a good entrance song? What are the common features of a good entrance tune?

There are some obvious ones, like:

1. It should be appropriate for the character
2. It should help identify whom the performer is, to set the crowd up for a pop or boos (e.g., *glass shattering*, "If you smeeeeeeellllll what The Rock. Is. Cooking," *bong*, etc.)

Anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

It should, like, sound cool. That's the main thing.

But yeah it should be distinctive and recognizable from the opening sting (to get the huge initial pop/heat) and throughout the entire song in a way that is audible over a huge pop or heat. Shouldn't be anything subtle.