Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stall_19 posted:

Anyone want to make any guesses as to who is the big foreign star they're announcing for the IWGP Women's Tournament?

I don't think it's gonna be anyone AEW and it's sure as hell not gonna be Sasha, we'd know for sure if she wasn't under wwe contract. And I'm praying to whatever God there is that it isn't horrible like Brandi.

The name I first thought of was Tenille Dashwood as she has recently became a free agent. That would not excite me as she's done nothing noteworthy since leaving wwe. Plus I imagine she's probably gonna end up back in wwe. Then my mind thought of someone else from Emma's Era and is gonna be my pick for who they're announcing, Paige. Shot in the dark but it's the name I've settle on.

Unless she managed to find Christian and Bryan's doctors Paige is too injured to ever compete again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/status/1562425723729506305?t=9bsxIOtBviJ1-GLSThL5fg&s=19

lmao at the Regina Di WAVE being defended in Cleveland. Shida taking that title places

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1563124435036413955

When the top tier gets a buff instead of a nerf.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling will reveal their new logo this Sunday

https://youtu.be/Rw5WNTBm-VY

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1563124435036413955

When the top tier gets a buff instead of a nerf.

Very pleased with this.

I wonder where the Haruka Umesaki angle is going. She's not a heel in Diana IIRC.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
She turned heel like Shawn Michaels against the Taker.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So the jto person is now signed with stardom?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

So the jto person is now signed with stardom?

I don't think so, least not yet. She has her promotions top womens title. I imagine they'll just book her more, beyond just appearing on the New Blood shows.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That's good to hear as i thought that the New Blood shows would have been Stardom's strategy to get a look at up and coming joshi with the intent to sign them away.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am once again advocating for a Kishin Starlight Kid when she fights Giulia

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Dave Meltzer: "Io and Dakota Kai both had talks with Stardom about coming in before Levesque (Triple H) signed both of them to main roster deals."

I would loved to see Io in 2022 Stardom mix, but if HHH will use her as good on RAW as he did at NXT, then I'm happy for her.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

With Stardom thinking about bringing in foreign wrestlers again its probably gonna be much harder than before to bring in quality wrestlers with Triple H in charge. I think he's gonna be very aggressive in recruiting top indie women, that plus AEW aways bringing people in means there's gonna be slim pickings, especially in North America. Probably they're gonna have to find some hidden gems in Europe to bring in.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

TV Zombie posted:

That's good to hear as i thought that the New Blood shows would have been Stardom's strategy to get a look at up and coming joshi with the intent to sign them away.

I mean it’s JTO we are talking about - they basically exist to train people in a hope that some get picked up by the majors. You’ve got Maika/Inaba in Stardom, KANON in DDT: they basically exist as a talent farm for others and that’s fine. It’s clear that Stardom are interested in some of the people on these shows (I’d add Umesaki to that list; perhaps Aoi as well) but this very much feels like them wanting to remain on good terms with these places that they might want to work with again.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

With Stardom thinking about bringing in foreign wrestlers again its probably gonna be much harder than before to bring in quality wrestlers with Triple H in charge. I think he's gonna be very aggressive in recruiting top indie women, that plus AEW aways bringing people in means there's gonna be slim pickings, especially in North America. Probably they're gonna have to find some hidden gems in Europe to bring in.

In the old days, for every Toni or Jamie, there were three Kellie Skaters and Rebel Kels. It's why I'm not so excited for this announcement.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

I am once again advocating for a Kishin Starlight Kid when she fights Giulia

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Lotta Stardom developments these past few days

Tomoka Inaba joins God's Eye

Ram Kaichow vs AZM at Showcase 2 in a fall count anywhere match. Battle of two people who started wrestling at a very young age.

Momoka Hanazono is challenging for the High Speed Title against most likely AZM at the next big Osaka show which I think is in November. Seems like a ways away but I guess they wanted to set that up while she was there.

Stardom drew over 1,500 for the second time this month in Korakuen Hall

A member of Stars, QQ, Oedo Tai & DDM will be in the IWGP Women's tourney in October. Jazzy Gabert/Alpha Female will face a complete unknown at Royal Quest 2nd day in the international division. Jazzy hasn't wrestled in almost 2 years and I have no idea what this Ava White is even capable of. The chances of this being good is low. We still don't know the 3rd person who is getting the bye is or even why they're getting a buy in the first place. This is such a mess.

Rina Yamashita appeared and they seem to be setting up Rina/Guilia vs Momo/Ruaka in a hardcore match at I presume Showcase 2. Considering that match, the AZM/Ram match and the fact that postponed SLK/Suzu was rescheduled for Showcase 2 leads me to believe the theme for this Showcase is Stardom vs outsiders. Could be nothing but Maya Yukihi and Maika Ozaki (who was there for NB2 as well) seconded Ram for her match. They didn't do anything other second her but I found it interesting that the official Stardom twitter made special mention of that when they posted the match result and Rossy himself made mention of his surprise at Yukihi being there on his customary post show tweet running down his thoughts on the event. Could be reading too much into it though.

It would be bad booking but I almost wish Rossy would have the balls to have Hazuki go undefeated in the 5 star.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

It would be bad booking but I almost wish Rossy would have the balls to have Hazuki go undefeated in the 5 star.

It would great booking because Hazuki rules

Good rundown on recent events but we still have the following unsolved mysteries

- The secret sensei brought in to whip Momo Kohgo into shape

- The second grim reaper, who presence could have dire consequences for STARDOM itself

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Power Windows posted:

It would great booking because Hazuki rules

- The secret sensei brought in to whip Momo Kohgo into shape

That was Yuji Nagata.

Power Windows posted:

- The second grim reaper, who presence could have dire consequences for STARDOM itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPNkQeECj0

Guess we're finding out soon. One thing is for sure that's not Yuu lol.

A translation from someone on reddit

quote:

Saki: Hey, Rossy! I feel kinda tired today, could you give me a ride home?

Rossy: I don't know if I should...

Saki: What are you talking about? I want grilled meat. Let's go get grilled meat! Treat me to BBQ!

Rossy: grblblgrgl

Saki: HAHAHAHA. Oh poo poo! Rossy! This is hilarious. Hey, be nice to the geezer! ...whoa, whoa, wait, you're really taking him away? Hey! HEY! Rossy! Leave your car keys at least, goddammit! Pay for my BBQ! Hey! ...um, Rossy got kidnapped...

Saki Kashima is the best.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

That was Yuji Nagata.

Ah I missed that

Very happy about STARDOM's recent declaration that Rossy must suffer

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Stall_19 posted:

Saki Kashima is the best.

Looks like she'll have to order McDonalds on Ubereats again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prominence did their latest show yesterday, Smoke And Flame Rising To The Sky & 3 matches from it have shown up on Youtube

Risa Sera vs Risa Fera
Hardcore Match: Hiragi Kurumi & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs Risa Sera & Violento Jack
Deathmatch: Suzu Suzuki vs Daisuke Masaoka

Haven't had a chance to watch these yet but very excited to.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Risa Fera?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Risa Fella

it is a dick joke.

She's does university pro wrestling. A lot of people who do university wrestling have gimmicks that parody more popular wrestlers. Most notably Soma Takao was BIMA in his university pro wrestling days.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
When I first heard "Risa Fella" I assumed it would be another 666 wrestler in drag, but then I remembered there's a different pun that's much more likely for a Japanese person to make. "Fella" is the most common term for fellatio in Japan.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/jimmygabagool/status/1564348619871985668

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Non-stop deathmatch violence from Risa Sera!

https://twitter.com/Sera_Risa/status/1564553589762060288

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's something very "unintentional ASMR" about this

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

What a bigpeeler

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Had my name yelled at me by Makoto, her manager, and Tajiri at SEAdLINNNG today which was equal parts cool and worrying. Tajiri had a notebook that he was writing in throughout the show so maybe that's something to do with the AJPW women's division.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
He probably wrote your name in it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
No sir, they were saying "George W, booooo"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

He probably wrote your name in it

I could take Suwama

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I could take Suwama

Would you really want to risk being around TARU?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1565054199448100867

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I just finished watching the Stardom Summer Encounter Champions show and it was really really good but I don't follow Stardom closely so I was wondering what's up with Koguma and Hazuki being a tag team. Did they leave Stars? And are they supposed to be heels now? They were doing a lot of heel type stuff in their match. Also what does FWC stand for?

And just wow holy poo poo at the entire upper half of that card. The whole show was great but the last half was just unreal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just finished watching the Stardom Summer Encounter Champions show and it was really really good but I don't follow Stardom closely so I was wondering what's up with Koguma and Hazuki being a tag team. Did they leave Stars? And are they supposed to be heels now? They were doing a lot of heel type stuff in their match. Also what does FWC stand for?

And just wow holy poo poo at the entire upper half of that card. The whole show was great but the last half was just unreal

FWC is Fukuoka W Crazy, because that's their home prefecture. It should stand for Fukuoka Wrecking Crew though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

FWC is Fukuoka W Crazy, because that's their home prefecture. It should stand for Fukuoka Wrecking Crew though.

it works if you pronounce the W as "dub" because I am also Dub Crazy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Senjo show from July is great. That Hashimoto vs ASUKA match is must watch

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

it works if you pronounce the W as "dub" because I am also Dub Crazy

The W stands for Double so it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah, the upper card was great. Hell of a botch in the tag title match but it was still a banger.

I'm slowly working my way through the FSGP and generally enjoying the matches. I wish they had a hard cam on the non-TV/PPV shows but I'm getting used to it not being there.