Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

He understandably makes them nervous, given that he's got a better claim to succession than they do and facilitated at least one empire that wasn't a psychic dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

John Romero posted:

any good recs for dice rulers other accoutrements

i found fleur de lis pearled dice on etsy if you'd like a link

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 31, 2022

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Ech considering how many people have created their own empires inside the imperium no one should be bothered. Also what are high lords going to do - this is one guy with one chapter they can't sic Minotaurs at

They already did once and they failed. Guilliman had the rebelling lords killed but let the Minotaurs off lightly. I think if they were going to do a civil war plot advancement it would be between chapters whos primarch is still alive to contest his claim but that's just the horus heresy again and thats pretty boring innit.

I'd like to know if they'd ever take a crack at the Ynnari again or if they're leaving that buried and stalled.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 31, 2022

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The Ynnari should just be their own faction of eldar with their own model line if they're going to exist at all, not this weird soup faction they currently exist as.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hihohe posted:

Grots generally dont like orks so i figure they take any chance they get to go off and create thier own settlements away from or under Ork settlements.

Doesn't the greenskin ecosystem mean that wherever Grots and Squigs end up, you'll naturally have orks popping up in short order as well? I guess that the grots could adopt a policy of trying to murder any ork as soon as they emerge, but it would be a pretty difficult and relentless task. I mean I like the idea of grot revolutions and them trying to build independent societies, I'm just not sure how doomed it would be.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
There's a Leagues of Votan battle report on Warhammer TV this week, which must mean the codex release is imminent.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

The Ynnari should just be their own faction of eldar with their own model line if they're going to exist at all, not this weird soup faction they currently exist as.

Narratively I was a bit putoff by the assertion the only way forward for the eldar was this new way, I liked craftworld because I think craftworlds and their ways are neat and I like those units, I didn't really want to play with dark eldar.

That said though, how abruptly and finally they stopped the whole storyline for them was pretty jarring, and now I feel like they havent had any attention since the awakening. Giving them their own identity as a 4th faction would be cool, yeah.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 31, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ashcans posted:

Doesn't the greenskin ecosystem mean that wherever Grots and Squigs end up, you'll naturally have orks popping up in short order as well? I guess that the grots could adopt a policy of trying to murder any ork as soon as they emerge, but it would be a pretty difficult and relentless task. I mean I like the idea of grot revolutions and them trying to build independent societies, I'm just not sure how doomed it would be.

I figure they can use snotlings and breed special squigs to basically weed the ork shrooms before they reach maturity

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
GW: "There will be 8 main Siege of Terra novels to end the Horus Heresy series!"

Also GW: "Number 8, Vol. 1 has been announced!"

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol Abnett's still probably gonna whiff on the ending. Rest of the books will own hard at least

bij
Feb 24, 2007

If they do a full Ynnari faction before Exodites I will be furious.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

There's a Leagues of Votan battle report on Warhammer TV this week, which must mean the codex release is imminent.

The loving squats are getting a new codex before the Guard. That was supposed to be a joke for fucks sake.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If that was actually to happen I'd be kinda annoyed.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/31/new-leagues-of-votann-rules-debut-in-todays-must-see-battle-report/

Also there's a bunch of rules previews in the article that mentions the battle report as well.

Spotted this that made my snicker.

quote:

led by a suitably gruff and vengeful Kâhl named Kôrv Grudgekeeper.

:lol:
Korv means Sausage in Swedish in this case.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 31, 2022

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I also call my sausage Grudgekeeper.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Very glad that GW is speeding up 40k by removing the Wound roll as often as possible :v:

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
After taking a wh40k break after the wtc I am fully emerged in a necromunda campaign with 10 other players. And I have to tell you.. having very few rerolls in the game is sweet.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh wow, someone pointed out that the Battle Report is Leagues going up against the one army that doesn't have it's 9th ed book yet.
Which is just a huge dick move to prove just how cool and powerful the Votann are.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Author said they wanted to go against all armies, but ya, going up against ig first is kinda lol

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
To be fair any remotely fluffy Ultramarines army will be pretty bad but instantly recogniseable. If I was going to pick an army to show how cool they were I'd have smashed the smurfs into the dirt.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly they can't show them beating up space marines. That'd just make a large part of the fanbase cry.
Guard is fine because they're already beaten.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Should've had them beat up Tyranids just for the callback

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

bij posted:

If they do a full Ynnari faction before Exodites I will be furious.

I would have said that we will never get an Exodite model or statline again, but now that Space Dwarfs have made a full-fledged return, hope springs eternal.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AnEdgelord posted:

Hear me out, Exodites but now they worship Ynnari

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AnEdgelord posted:

Should've had them beat up Tyranids just for the callback

Agreed

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I would have said that we will never get an Exodite model or statline again, but now that Space Dwarfs have made a full-fledged return, hope springs eternal.

There's plenty of Jes Goodwin art to plumb for inspiration. They just need to lean into the weird twisty biological wraithbone angle and top it off with laser lances, cool big hats, and dinosaurs.

Psychic reverberations from all the new Chaos stuff woke up a bunch of World Spirits, they're pissed, and they're opening up long dormant capillaries in the Webway to proactively protect themselves. There we go GW, do it.

Biel-Tan can help them out too.

bij fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 31, 2022

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i just want to see 40k cold one drakespawn riders

not a big fan of the current models though, they made them less beefy boys and more like velociraptors

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Gunder posted:

Yeah, this is my issue with that whole thing. Secundus was pretty sensible.

Flying off the handle over stuff that seems a pretty reasonable decision under the circumstances is pretty much just The Imperium doing Imperium things.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

AnEdgelord posted:

Having a way to soup Eldar is all they're really good for. They may as well come up with something from scratch otherwise.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

not a big fan of the current models though, they made them less beefy boys and more like velociraptors

Meanwhile I love them and find them cooler than the ones that Lizardmen have, they just look kinda dumb.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

Oh wow, someone pointed out that the Battle Report is Leagues going up against the one army that doesn't have it's 9th ed book yet.
Which is just a huge dick move to prove just how cool and powerful the Votann are.

Mid 10th edition the guard finally get a new dex, roughly 2025, and the only change is that fire on my position now only costs 2 cp

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Is this the right place to complain about how fiddly and annoying some newer kits are to make? I am doing the Voidscarred corsair kill team at the moment. I thought the tau grenadier who has a grenade attached by two fingertips was the easiest broken model I'd ever build. But some of these pieces are just ridiculous.

The tiny daggers for the rogue guy are not only thin as hell but also modelled with melty holes like swiss cheese... the dagger is so delicate it almost broke just taking it from the sprue, I had to coat it with superglue to harden it because I bent/stressed it trying to remove the flash, even using tweezers. It annoys me because I intend to play games with these models, so I can pretty much guarantee such bits will break and get lost eventually. The sniper and others have tiny dangling pouches all over that are so easy to break off as well, but less important than the weapons...

Another issue is the monopose rifle arm sets all come in 3 pieces rather than 2 which takes so much more patience and precision to stick them together even close to flush... and the sprue and instructions themselves are laid out in a really poo poo manner compared to what I remember older kits being like.

The whole experience just brings back memories of first trying the hobby as a kid and brimming with frustration, struggling as arms slide out of place or glue sets at the wrong angles. The models do look great and all and I assume the sprue layout is cos a computer said so but jesus they could do with some more consideration for the humans trying to build and play with these models.

I bought a gang of ironhead squats to give necromunda a try, they'll be next after the corsairs. I hope what I heard is true and necromunda stuff is a more chill experience to build.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 1, 2022

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Double post sorry

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One of those little daggers broke off in the middle when I was building it, and I had to glue it back in. No one is the wiser and couldn't tell i had to surgically patch it.

It's fine, you're better than getting mad at it. Just flex your modelling skills and show those kits who's boss.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Spanish Manlove posted:

One of those little daggers broke off in the middle when I was building it, and I had to glue it back in. No one is the wiser and couldn't tell i had to surgically patch it.

Curious how you managed that, if you mean you fixed the blade. I was thinking if I broke it I would just cut the hand off at the wrist and find another sword hand somewhere for it, because I thought there was no chance I could fix the blade itself if it broke (was proud of thinking to cover it in superglue to prevent the break even if it clogged some detail).

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Nova reveal stream starting in like 10-ish minutes or so. Pregame quiz is up right now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma posted:

Curious how you managed that, if you mean you fixed the blade. I was thinking if I broke it I would just cut the hand off at the wrist and find another sword hand somewhere for it, because I thought there was no chance I could fix the blade itself if it broke (was proud of thinking to cover it in superglue to prevent the break even if it clogged some detail).

I put a little bit of CA glue on the broken off half of the blade and just stuck it on. Ez

Luckily there wasn't any weird texturing otherwise I would have just taken the xacto knife and used it to scrape the surface even like I do on other stuff. Actually now that I remember it, the caster's staff also broke off while I was drybrush priming the models, and I also glued that back on. Yeah, these models are fiddly but they're not impossible. They don't even take that much effort compared to the finecast or resin models of yore which were complete rear end to work with where you had to bend things back into place and fill in a ton of bubble pockmarks on the model. Oh and gap filling, so much gap filling. You just have to be more delicate, neat, and precise when you're putting things together when you put stuff together.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had no idea that the NOVA audience got to see the reveals first, ahead of the stream. The fact I haven't heard anything about it yet is kinda amazing. And surprising.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cooked Auto posted:

I had no idea that the NOVA audience got to see the reveals first, ahead of the stream. The fact I haven't heard anything about it yet is kinda amazing. And surprising.

Miniac didn't get to go.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:lol:
I guess Valrak wasn't able to either.

Edit:
First reveal is Leagues of Votann. Including a bunch of new units, codex reveal and a first release box ala Sisters of Battle and the Feral Orks release from a while back.
And release in September.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

They did the same thing at Adepticon, and essentially just asked everyone not to spoil anything.