Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

JACK taking a big ol -10% dump today off of no news. Guess its just sell off after a decent run?

Everything is taking a dump today off of no news. Economy's dyin' Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

What's so special about September?

Retail traders and fund managers waking up to the fact that September is on Thursday

TQQQ puts printing today

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

buying options on a 3x leveraged ETF is a bold move sir but congrats on your trade.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thank you, here is the original interview with english subtitles and it's great :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDiB4rtp1qw

It is also thread relevant.

a rising tide may lift all boats, but it also loses all your paellerias

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

yummycheese posted:

buying options on a 3x leveraged ETF is a bold move sir but congrats on your trade.

What else is TQQQ good for

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I actually think we may see an early relief bounce on open tomorrow before we head further down

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

k i setup my schwab how do i invest in turds

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 31, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hadlock posted:

TQQQ puts printing today

You need to go and compare the % return on these compared to just simply buying QQQ puts.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

here ya go

ally: just here to chill and provide a HYSA, decent loans, and some brokerage stuff if maybe you want it?

citi: boring, woman CEO, warren invested in it, and it actually just had a nice Q2 beat and raise. sometimes fat fingers a trade.

barclays: purveyor of exotic financial ETNs and other random poo poo, basically has no idea what it's doing, but is british so probably has nice tea and service

jpm: big boy on the block, does everything, will gently caress you doing it but in a polite and law-abiding fashion.

bnp paribas: french, will sell dumb structured notes to your financial advisors, will give loans to commodity traders as long as it doesn't cause them headaches, goes out for a smoke a lot.

db: you want us to wrap some exotic poo poo for jim simons to evade taxes? sure. front russian money for trump? sounds exciting. spot a housing crisis and then tell everyone else to bet against mortgage CDS's? that's our bag. what else you got? let's do it.

ccb: world's largest slush fund for anti-capitalist anti-freedom state control of persons and economy. by definition lawful.

wells: we didn't KNOW we were violating the law, can you please remove our capital controls so we can find some new way to gently caress people over?

credit suisse: so bad at hiding their evil that it's all scandals and incompetence all the time. archegos? more like archeGOT

let’s see how credit suisse is doing…

https://twitter.com/Fred_McFeely/status/1565000256751910912

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pmchem posted:

let’s see how credit suisse is doing…

And status on Citi's biggest fat finger to date - at least biggest as far as impacting their own bottom line. Not the british pound, or european markets in general.

not going well:
https://archive.ph/zwMFQ

Baddog fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 31, 2022

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

You need to go and compare the % return on these compared to just simply buying QQQ puts.

For Sept 9:

TQQQ put: $140
QQQ put: $550

One of these things is outside of my comfort range for gambling

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Baddog posted:

And status on Citi's biggest fat finger to date - at least biggest as far as impacting their own bottom line. Not the british pound, or european markets in general.

not going well:
https://archive.ph/zwMFQ

This whole saga rules

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Femur posted:

Megl gonna get squuezed.

Nice call! Wish I would have played it lol

drk
Jan 16, 2005

tumblr hype man posted:

This whole saga rules

$C is way undervalued, even factoring in dumb poo poo like that. I might buy a little more if it gets down to $45 again.

The recession, if a meaningful one is even coming, isnt going to be about banks this time

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

drk posted:

The recession, if a meaningful one is even coming, isnt going to be about banks this time

lol good luck

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A recession is always coming

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat

Hadlock posted:

For Sept 9:

TQQQ put: $140
QQQ put: $550

One of these things is outside of my comfort range for gambling

Might I suggest a spread?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I usually just do brown mustard over pastrami on dark rye, although for whatever reason schlotzsky's is the only place that can do it good reliably

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

BOAT and other global shipping stocks gonna spike Thurs morning, me thinks

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

whats the logic for that.

I’m in DAC and GSL for big positions and then a grab bag of other shippers (no ZIM)

saw that boat run aground the the suez canal last night but they got it unstuck with tugs

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I dunno what happened to OKTA but I have to live outside now

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Sokani posted:

I dunno what happened to OKTA but I have to live outside now

They fired their whole recruiting team last week if linkedin is to be believed and the ceo has come out and said they've had lots of sales churn due to the Auth0 acquisition.

Might be good for now on numbers but I don't think they are planning for positive outcomes soon.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hello, September

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Hadlock posted:

BOAT and other global shipping stocks gonna spike Thurs morning, me thinks

shipping did the opposite of go up today. but I had been waiting for weakness in the market so i could enter some long call positions. bought calls on dac and gsl this afternoon.

the calls on XOM i bought yesterday got slaughtered already so oof.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Is the market sleeping on ARM vs QCOM seeking to invalidate the Nuvia IP acquisition?

-1.8% on a relatively flat day for tech seems like nothing. Then again, if theyre only putting them in Windows ARM laptops no one wants, maybe its about right.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Market absolutely pulled some poo poo today. Filled out an old historical gap, bounced perfectly off yesterday's gap, came down and then set a new high of day. The aristocrats.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

drk posted:

Is the market sleeping on ARM vs QCOM seeking to invalidate the Nuvia IP acquisition?

-1.8% on a relatively flat day for tech seems like nothing. Then again, if theyre only putting them in Windows ARM laptops no one wants, maybe its about right.

I'm not familiar with Nuvia, although I've heard the name. What do they make?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Nuvia was a semiconductor startup formed by ex Apple folks who worked on the A-series cores. They were working on custom-designed ARM server processors when they got acquired. It was kinda a big deal for Qualcomm, since they were considered to be a good team, and Qualcomm was/still is using off the shelf ARM cores. Qualcomm intended to use the Nuvia tech in PC chips to compete with x86 (and Apple, to a lesser degree).

The problem is apparently the Nuvia license/IP was specifically not transferable to any acquiring company without ARM's approval, per their contract.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
With the escalating EU LNG fuckery, are you making any changes to your investments?

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Wow whatta week it's been. Lukoil's Chairman Ravil Maganov dies after "falling" from a window in hospital. And Bed Bath and Beyond CFO Gustavo Arnal jumps from his NY skyscraper apartment. Tragic stories for their families, who's next? Now I understand why Mark Zuckerberg been posting videos of himself with his MMA skills - he ain't going down without a fight... That said, if Zuckerberg stepped down from Facebook the the stock would probably shoot up in price...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh man, he fell off the balcony AND got charged with insider trading on the same day? That's a rough patch of luck

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh man, he fell off the balcony AND got charged with insider trading on the same day? That's a rough patch of luck

nah that lawsuit is just a bunch of redditors mad that the stove burned them

drk
Jan 16, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

nah that lawsuit is just a bunch of redditors mad that the stove burned them

Theres always a good story when someone jumps (or "falls") out of a skyscraper window though

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

drk posted:

Theres always a good story when someone jumps (or "falls") out of a skyscraper window though

Oh! It was “stock price!” Sorry, I’m really bad at charades.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Russia turns off more gas supply just in time to shock us markets Tuesday after a long holiday. I guess DAX closed -2.2%

Not sure if I'm gonna sell my 9/9 put shortly after market open or hold towards middle of the week

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

drk posted:

Sometimes even when they don't

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
HBI was looking cheap so I bought.

Somebody with financial literacy tell me if they're good.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i mean, statistically speaking most people do wear underwear

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Sold my $122 TQQQ 9/9 put for $275 :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ahahahahaha the SPAC that's supposed to be buying Donald Trump's twitter-but-with-the-serial-filed-off is going to hit its liquidation deadline before the deal closes